Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land (23252 Views)

Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland / CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) / Let's Be Honest , The Un Bombing In Abuja Was Carried Out By The Americans ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by LawChick: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
ITbomb, please your attention is needed as par your GIFT -

https://www.nairaland.com/1473001/free-trendy-wrist-watch-more#18919605
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Navalsadiq(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Owk fine!abuja was built on stolen land but on nigerian soil.the socalled GBR as you guy have it was built out of fortune you guyz stole during the slave trade era.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by viktuur(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bros I think you need to see this
https://www.nairaland.com/1465757/nicon-hilton-abuja-back-80s

The Land is now only Valuable because FCT came here
Hopefully Government will pay rent for its buildings, what of Civilians, the Army, Navy, Customs....
Because if your THEORY applies, NNPC,Airforce, ARMY in kaduna will pay rent, ABUJA Univeristy, ABU,UNILAG, infact all LAND the federal Government has ever collected will be paying rent!!

will be
shymexx:

Preach to them, brother.

It seems you understand them better.

No one jokes with land and if you're not a super-power or one of the five countries on the UNSC (err not US or Russia because UK, France and China don't get a pass all the time) - then you can't claim anyone's land.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Whoa lots of UK haters in this forum. you can disagree with article but these hateful remarks shows that Nigerians still has a long road ahead.

Dont forget Britain does lots of trade with Nigeria to our benefits

SHELL: Largest Oil & Gas,producing the biggest crude oil, larger than NNPC -UK
Guinness Nigeria: Subsidiary of Diageo - UK
170,000 Nigerian students per yr: Destination - UK Universities
British Airways / Virgin- UK
Standard Chartered
Unilever
etc

WHY THE HATRED ? na wa oh

By the way pls stop comparing their economy with ours, theirs is way way way better than ours. U don't see their citizens struggling to immigrate to Nigeria
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by kettykings: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Like Abuja Like Lagos very soon if things are left to chance some people from Gwari will waste useful Bandwidths telling us how they were very accommodating to igbos and others and how they accommodated the whole world, how they have the most developed city in Africa and the fastest growing economy and GDP in the world

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by faithblues: 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
let God b da judge

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by sniperwolf(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
I believe they are making a WELCOME TO ABUJA documentary
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by maninmood(m): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by lukasbaker(m): 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
BBC LACK SENSE SHA,WHO PAY DEM TO TALK THIS NONSE.ABUJA IS BUILT ON WHAT NO B GOVT GET LAND FOR NIJA...ABI IF GOVT SAY DEY WAN MOVE CAPITAL GO MY PAPA LAND dem say na stolen land?guy bbc for my hand sha...abuja is govt land not stolen from nobody...
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by DoffMan2: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
mmark12: Whoa lots of UK haters in this forum. you can disagree with article but these hateful remarks shows that Nigerians still has a long road ahead.

Standard Chartered
Unilever
etc

By the way pls stop comparing their economy with ours, theirs is way way way better than ours. U don't see their citizens struggling to immigrate to Nigeria

Don't mind them jare.

The BBC REPORTER(not UK govt) might have got his facts wrong but that is no reason to rubbish the UK as if Nigeria is better. Uk remains one of the richest countries in the world and your brothers and sisters are still falling over themselves to enter there both legally and illegally. International millionaires & billionaires still remain queuing up to spend money in the UK in a way which Nigeria cannot even dream about at the moment. Where do you think your leaders and millionaires come to to clear their heads of the madness of Nigeria without mopol/army, and without the fear of getting robbed, kidnapped or assassinated?

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by solomon111(m): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
mmark12: Whoa lots of UK haters in this forum. you can disagree with article but these hateful remarks shows that Nigerians still has a long road ahead.

Standard Chartered
Unilever
etc

what is this nonsense you've written above got to do with the topic?
What benefits have those parasitic companies,given to the average Nigerian?
Who in their right minds immigrate to the UK nowadays?
Idiott.

5 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by njuwo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is not stolen but taking
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by IdeaIsNeed: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Arosa:

This Wikipedia is always given us false informations, cos they clam he is Gwari. angry
*information*
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by einsteino(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Go and ask the bakassi people which they will prefer. The govt stealing their Land and making it the CAPITAL of Nigeria or the one GOWON did, selling it to another nation entirely.

BBC una be mumu. una no get news! if only u knew the battle the yorubas put up when the seat of power was relocated to Abuja. In nigeria any tribe would lobby to have their Land "STOLEN" if the thieve is going to make it the capital of almighty Nigeria.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by adedejisy: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
I want to drink pap with akara ,UK..una don start again
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by delvinmaya(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
moderatorr: By law, all lands within the territory of Nigeria belings to the FG, they can take it whenever they want. BBC too was stone - from native English gwari people ;DBy law, all lands within the territory of Nigeria belings to the FG, they can take it whenever they want. BBC too was stone - from native English gwari people smiley

bros, by law, the land use act of 1978, all land in nigeria belongs to the state governments. Capische

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mencer(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Is the Nigeria nation as a whole not made up of stolen territories?
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
solomon111: what is this nonsense you've written above got to do with the topic?
What benefits have those parasitic companies,given to the average Nigerian?
Who in their right minds immigrate to the UK nowadays?
Idiott.

You are the idiot and a big FOOL

UK companies are parasitic and NIGERIAN companies are holier than thou - IDIOTIC SOLOMON

SHELL VS NNPC: which is parasitic and more corrupt - MUMU SOLOMON

Standard chartered vs Nigerian Banks. don't even go there - ODE SOLOMON

BBC VS NTA: hahahahahahaha, U can disagree with their reports

BA VS Arik: let me not swear for you

Unilever vs ? no Nigerian local firm

UK Universities vs Nigerian Universities - CRICKET SOUNDS I HEAR

ODE SOLOMON: Maybe u dey vex becos they deny you visa
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by mmark12(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Doff_Man:

Don't mind them jare.

The BBC REPORTER(not UK govt) might have got his facts wrong but that is no reason to rubbish the UK as if Nigeria is better. Uk remains one of the richest countries in the world and your brothers and sisters are still falling over themselves to enter there both legally and illegally. International millionaires & billionaires still remain queuing up to spend money in the UK in a way which Nigeria cannot even dream about at the moment. Where do you think your leaders and millionaires come to to clear their heads of the madness of Nigeria without mopol/army, and without the fear of getting robbed, kidnapped or assassinated?

100% agree with you Nigeria is no better yet these mumus on the forum keep abusing them. You can disagree with BBC but dont insult the

country as a whole.

100,000 Nigerians per yr move to UK for university studies, how many Brits go to Nigeria for same - I can safely say ZERO PERSONS

BBC vs NTA, which is better ?

Nigeria is a kleptocratic third world country while UK is an advanced economy.

Hundreds died last week at the Mediterranean sea in order to immigrate to Europe, definitely UK will be amongst their top destination.

How many people died in the sahara desert last week in order to immigrate to Nigeria.

My goddess some Nigerians need to think before they open their useless mouth

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by holuwashezy(m): 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
[b][/b][/color]
hotclint: Go school = Strike
I no go school = illiteracy
I travel by air = Plane crash
By sea = Militants
By land = Kidnappers, bad roads and robbers
By train = 2-days from Kano to Lagos
I go to Mosque/Church = Boko Haram
I go to village = Witchcraft
I stay at home = No work!
Wetin una want make person do??
[color=#990000]
MAKE YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Ninilowo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
russellino:

Certainly not. IBB is Nupe
No. IBB is from Ogbomosho in Oyo state buh he no go tell pple da truth. Omo ale!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by bocin500(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
hotclint: Go school = Strike
I no go school = illiteracy
I travel by air = Plane crash
By sea = Militants
By land = Kidnappers, bad roads and robbers
By train = 2-days from Kano to Lagos
I go to Mosque/Church = Boko Haram
I go to village = Witchcraft
I stay at home = No work!
Wetin una want make person do??

I talk = I talk too much
I no talk = I no know anything
I be OBJ = I too de show myself
I be GEJ = i no sabi show myself
Haba!!! Una go kill person o
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good to see the BBC calling it like it is, without fear or favour, just like they always refer to Zimbabwean white-held land as ''stolen land''....... Oh wait!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by ibedun: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Igbo parasites are at it again. Stop lambasting the BBC joor. Abuja belongs to the Gwari people anytime anyday.

FCT for where, the land belongs to the Gwari people.

Buying a land somewhere doesn't give you automatic right of citizenship or belonging. You remain a guest and in the long run the land reverts back to the owners. My homeless Eastern brothers don't like the truth.

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
When will these guys end their stupidity? Tshew

Just like saying Lagos was stolen from Awori people. What a dummy!
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
I think BBC means that the Land use ACT of 1978 further helped the federal govt to perfect the stealing of Abuja from the Gwari people.

But I thought that britain helped to create one-Nigeria which should be united at all costs, and that Gwari people are very happy to "donate" their land for the sake of Nigerias unity? cool

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by obailala(m): 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
luvable sam: The Falkland islands is in Argentina about 12,000kms away from britain, y does the UK claim it as part of their territory?..Pls the UK shld settle its domestic problems ,tackle their lack of natural resources and give back the falklands to Argentina before they talk about Nigeria...

Oh yeah... very typical thinking of a typical black Nigerian man; attacking the messenger and not giving a damn about the message.

Probably if it was your father's land that was forcefully taken from you by the government, and u were promised settlement and 35 years later, you haven't received a dime, then you would have been a bit more concerned to think like a wise human should.

I expected this kind of reasoning when I opened this thread so I'm not surprised

2 Likes

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 19, 2013
obailala:

Oh yeah... very typical thinking of a typical black Nigerian man; attacking the messenger and not giving a damn about the message.

Probably if it was your father's land that was forcefully taken from you by the government, and u were promised settlement and 35 years later, you haven't received a dime, then you would have been a bit more concerned to think like a wise human should.

I expected this kind of reasoning when I opened this thread so I'm not surprised

ACTUALLY YOU ARE THE TYPICAL IGNORAMUS. The writer's country, Britain, STOLE THE ENTIRE NIGERIA for 100 years, ROBBING IT BLIND, and he has not said anything, yet you listen when he pontificates about Gwari peoples' land being 'stolen'?

THAT MAKES YOU a DUMB HE-GOAT.

Oh and please do stick your racist, self-hating ''typical black Nigerian'' bigotry up your stinky, slaveboy assshole.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 19, 2013
mmark12:

100% agree with you Nigeria is no better yet these mumus on the forum keep abusing them. You can disagree with BBC but dont insult the

country as a whole.

100,000 Nigerians per yr move to UK for university studies, how many Brits go to Nigeria for same - I can safely say ZERO PERSONS

BBC vs NTA, which is better ?

Nigeria is a kleptocratic third world country while UK is an advanced economy.

Hundreds died last week at the Mediterranean sea in order to immigrate to Europe, definitely UK will be amongst their top destination.

How many people died in the sahara desert last week in order to immigrate to Nigeria.

My goddess some Nigerians need to think before they open their useless mouth

You are beyond stupi.d. Dumb slaveboy. ''Oh don't insult their country!'' But you're happy to insult Nigeria. In your dumb and brutish, bush mentality, the fact they are more developed means they are irreproachable gods who cannot be questioned.

Ignorant, pea-brain numskull.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by slimikenna(m): 12:56am On Oct 19, 2013
Ki-Katanga:
Why does that make a difference?

If the government takes from anyone, they should be remunerated.

and who said they were not re-settled and compensated?
why do foreigners like bbc and this kataka katanga not mind their business? if you must paint naija black atleast be honest...its nigeria, it cant be that hard.
Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by donLEXY(m): 12:57am On Oct 19, 2013

Standard Chartered
Unilever
etc

I will have to disagree with this statement "to our advantage" their business is never to our advantage. Do you think if they are not making more than enough profit, they will stay? let the govt. try and stop them from doing business with us and see how mad they will go...... I can not categorically tell you how mad, and their oga @ the top will now say they will go madder than that at this time, that is why in my meniacal bewilderment I want you to ask them

1 Like

Re: BBC Claims Abuja Was Built On Stolen Land by obailala(m): 1:03am On Oct 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

ACTUALLY YOU ARE THE TYPICAL IGNORAMUS. The writer's country, Britain, STOLE THE ENTIRE NIGERIA for 100 years, ROBBING IT BLIND, and he has not said anything, yet you listen when he pontificates about Gwari peoples' land being 'stolen'?

THAT MAKES YOU a DUMB HE-GOAT.

Oh and please do stick your racist, self-hating ''typical black Nigerian'' bigotry up your stinky, slaveboy assshole.

Whether the writer is Lawrence Anini or his country stole the world, I am simply sick and tired of Nigerians always ignoring the message and attacking messengers... Would it have made it any different if it was a Nigerian reporter from NTA that composed the report?...

In this case, I'm less concerned about the personality of the messenger. The real issue that any sensible individual should dwell on is if the Gwari people were duly settled or not as agreed with the government when their land was taken. This is the exact problem we have in the Niger-Delta; an insincere government.

Call me whatever names you want but by all means, you are free to dwell in your deluded world of running after irrelevance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) / Ayade Commissions Housing Estate For Bakassi IDPs, Decries 18-Year Neglect / Aminu Mohammed: Student Who Criticised Aisha Buhari Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.