Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,007 members, 7,803,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Askmen.com II - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Askmen.com II (4222 Views)

Romantic Ideas - Askmen / Askmen.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2008
I've been wondering on the effect of height on men. Most men desire tall women but are too lily livered to go get one. I'm a tall chic(I stand @ 5'11"wink and I've noticed that some guys that manage to muster courage and walk up to me end up mumbling and missing a few syllables because they quickly develop butterflies in their stomach.

Why do tall chics intimidate men mentally?

Why is it that some men generally do not like women that are taller than them? Does height really matter to you guys like that?
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
a man always has to fell like he is in control. so i guess when they approach a tall sistah they start to feel intimidated. that is why in almost every song the men describe woman like,

She stands five, five
Brown eyes
Cute face
Thick thieghs
Re: Askmen.com II by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2008
Answer your question before we do.Can you date a shoter guy?If yes how short must he be? grin
There is the size thing that catches us all. We naturaly have that in us. We all fear size.But I think its all silly sha.
Re: Askmen.com II by Ibime(m): 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2008
There is a simple Scientific explanation for all this. It is nothing to do with lack of liver. Our brains lose lucidity when we look upwards.  A man is used to looking downward when razzling a chick so looking upward makes him lose his equilibrium and causes him to falter. I am also 5' 11 and I can only toast chicks who are 5' 10 and under.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2008
There is a simple Scientific explanation for all this. It is nothing to do with lack of liver. Our brains lose lucidity when we look upwards. A man is used to looking downward when razzling a chick so looking upward makes him lose his equilibrium and causes him to falter. I am also 5' 11 and I can only toast chicks who are 5' 10 and under.
There is a little problem to your theory because real short guys are the ones that usually like to talk to tall women. How about that? Ain't they looking up too?
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2008
Answer your question before we do.Can you date a shoter guy?
It's a possibility.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2008
that is why in almost every song the men describe woman like,

She stands five, five
Brown eyes
Cute face
Thick thieghs
Lol, I've not heard the song before.
Re: Askmen.com II by Ibime(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2008
RedHotChic:

There is a little problem to your theory because real short guys are the ones that usually like to talk to tall women. How about that? Ain't they looking up too?
It is simple survival. A short guy does not want to date a short woman cos he doesn't want his kids to be short and go through what he had to go through. Plus, short guys are used to being with taller women so they have already overcome their vertigo.
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2008
i cant tell you how many songs use these exact lyrics to describe woman.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2008
@ poster,

R u having difficulty finding a date because you intimidate the men?
Roflmao

Ladies: You are free to ask dem men any question about them troubling you.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
It is simple survival. A short guy does not want to date a short woman because he doesn't want his kids to be short and go through what he had to go through. Plus, short guys are used to being with taller women so they have already overcome their vertigo.
You better delete this before Pataki sees it.
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2008
RedHotChic:

You better delete this before Pataki sees it.

LMMFAO!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Askmen.com II by lucabrasi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2008
RedHotChic:

yes and short or tall women for that matter will rather go out with a tall guy, like the other guy said u should ask the girls/women why they prefer tall men to short ones,as for men being nervous when stepping to women,its not a man thing as well if a tall and good looking dude a woman has been admiring steps to her,she stars acting all flustered,checking her hair,fidgeting e.t.c
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2008
yes and short or tall women for that matter will rather go out with a tall guy, like the other guy said u should ask the girls/women why they prefer tall men to short ones,as for men being nervous when stepping to women,its not a man thing as well if a tall and good looking dude a woman has been admiring steps to her,she stars acting all flustered,checking her hair,fidgeting e.t.c

Why are you guys trying so hard to enter into in minds to know what we want first? Is it to boost una ego? cheesy cheesy You guys are the hunters abi? You need a special courage to kill a tiger but that courage is what is lacking in most guys these days. I've heard that if you look up, your liver will become dormant and starts to work only when you look down. What is it with you guys that makes you always want a woman shorter than y'all?
Re: Askmen.com II by koolkamzzy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2008
@ poster,
as for me i love toasting and dating tall girls because i am 5.7 and i dont want my children to be of that height.
and not only tall but also bursty. my last date was 5.9 she was even a model but her shakara was too much so we didnt date for more than 8 months. im still looking forward for more tall girls.
sign outtttttttttttttt.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2008
Wether a woman is tall or short, on top of the bed we are the same height.
Really? So many people claim they don't get intimidated because we are online but when we are exposed to real practice, Nepa/Phcn will take light.
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2008
studentetc:

Wether a woman is tall or short, on top of the bed we are the same height.

oka, well you only have sex a small percentage of the time compared to going out and what have. so you aint intimidated by woman when you walking down the street even if she is towering over you??
Re: Askmen.com II by donpapa(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2008
I would problably approach the short lady more than I would the tall lady mostly based on the fact that I find myself attracted to shorter ladies. Also, I tend to open myself up to shorter ladies than I do the the taller ones. The tall ladies seem to be more intimidating at times.

I would not expect to ask out the taller. I don't want her to look down on me. That could show some extreme lack of confidence in me but I don't really have a problem with that. I'm confident in area's of my life I need to be.

I'd be interested to see the response if this question was reversed and asked of the women. My experience and therefore expectation is that they would opt for a taller man.
Re: Askmen.com II by 419er(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2008
@poster
        I think you've been chasing by ugly men.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
@poster
I think you've been chasing by[b] urgly [/b]men.
Correction: Ugly
Re: Askmen.com II by lucabrasi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why are you guys trying so hard to enter into in minds to know what we want first? Is it to boost una ego? cheesy cheesy You guys are the hunters abi? You need a special courage to kill a tiger but that courage is what is lacking in most guys these days. I've heard that if you look up, your liver will become dormant and starts to work only when you look down. What is it with you guys that makes you always want a woman shorter than y'all?
well,the various posts on here where that question s been asked will prove majority of girls want to date a taller dude,of course the guys are the hunters,even in this day and age hw many girls especially african/niger girls step to a guy and tell him she wants to take him out,or he s cute bla bla
forget about all these theories,its not about who s taller or shorter but the guy personality,and boldness,both tall n short girls need the same thing or similar things from a man and height is a minor factor in the bigger picture
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2008
@RHC

that is so hilarious!!!! i was about to correct him too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2008
as long as you have it at the back of your mind that you are same height on the bed, no woman will intimidate you with her height, wether you are walking side by side, or a lady you are just meeting for the first time.
Na waah for this kin theory.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2008
. Also, I tend to open myself up to shorter ladies than I do the the taller ones. The tall ladies seem to be more intimidating at times.

I would not expect to ask out the taller. I don't want her to look down on me
Thank you Donpapa. At least you are truthful and real. But tall chics are open minded and will not look down on you because of your height.
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2008
@RHC

that is so hilarious!!!! i was about to correct him too

Don't mind 419er, that's why they flood our emails with retarded mails filled with grammatical errors.
Re: Askmen.com II by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2008
hmm, I wouldn't really want to date a guy shorter than me or even the same height
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2008
both tall n short girls need the same thing or similar things from a man and height is a minor factor in the bigger picture
Sure??
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2008
hmm, I wouldn't really want to date a guy shorter than me or even the same height
Really? What if he's suave, handsome, cool, intelligent but real short? Your statement contradicts Lucabrasi's comment by the way.
Re: Askmen.com II by onyinye2(f): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
me personally i rather date a guy taller that me. im 5' 7' 1/2. so i mean i guess there is that security feeling that comes with taller men. do yal agree with what im tryna say??
Re: Askmen.com II by RedHotChic(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2008
Ogirl, leave that tin. [b]The theory dey work well, other wise one will just be a jelly fish infront of bab[/b]e.
Now you are talking. So you accept that you can turn to jelly in front of a woman taller than you unless you are either intoxicated or you approached her with your precise.
Re: Askmen.com II by tope2000(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2008
onyinye2:

me personally i rather date a guy taller that me. im 5' 7' 1/2. so i mean i guess there is that security feeling that comes with taller men. do yal agree with what im trying to say??

i agree cool
Re: Askmen.com II by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2008
RedHotChic:

Really? What if he's suave, handsome, cool, intelligent but real short? Your statement contradicts Lucabrasi's comment by the way.
hehehe i don't care, if he's shorter its a no no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Allow Guys Get Them Pregnant Outside Wedlock? / She Wants To Kill Me!!! **PICS** / Happy Children's Day Celebration - Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.