Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching (2005 Views)

US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable / Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls / President Jonathan Backs Out Of Presidential Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by agbameta: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
by Dare Lawal

A statement by the special Assistant to the President on Constitution and Legal matters, Barrister Ahmad Ali Gulak, has revealed that President Jonathan backs aviation minister Stella Oduah following the furore which her purchase of two bullet proof BMW cars for $1.6 million (N225 million) has caused.

The president condemned what he described as “on line public lynching” of Oduah.

Gulak said “Mr President is satisfied with the good work of the aviation minister and the transformation of the aviation sector.”

He said that “the cars does not a personal property of the Minister but that of the office of Aviation Minister, no cost is too high to protect public officers who are carrying out desired changes.

http://www.thescoopng.com/pres-jonathan-backs-oduahs-purchase-of-1-6m-cars-condemns-online-lynching/

Are we surprised? At least according to the Aso Rock dullard, corruption in Nigeria is a figment of our collective Imagination.. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Brimmie(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Is this how to defend a cabinet minister extravagance??, to quote the President "no cost is too high to protect government officer". You can see that GEJ did not value the lives of the common people? I could see clearly why this country go broke and never developed. If a President could have this mentality with his animal degree. I weep for Nigeria the way Buhari did.

Agbameta, Dayokanu, Naptu, Gbawe.. Over to you Fellas!!
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by emorse(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Now what happens to Dino Melaye's 72 hrs ultimatum? Has the president just rubbished him?
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by IleIfe2(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Fresh air noni, ategun abosi. transformation agenda, Patience Jonathan's wife has done it again #Teamojelu grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Osoldier: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
We are in trouble in this country, if the president could say such thing men this is bad, I hope Nig would learn and refused GEJ 2015. I have never critise the president before but on this matter im sorry for his kind
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Brimmie(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ali Gulak!?

Have you people ever bothered to pause and find the meaning of the name 'Gulag'? It simply means 'prison'. So, the bearer of the name is... grin grin
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Clerverly: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Like Father, Like Daughter! Fresh Air Bikoo!!!
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
It shouldn't come at a surprise! It was expected of him to defend the aviation minister.

Next story abeg!!
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by agbameta: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie: Is this how to defend a cabinet minister extravagance??, to quote the President "no cost is too high to protect government officer". You can see that GEJ did not value the lives of the common people? I could see clearly why this country go broke and never developed. If a President could have this mentality with his animal degree. I weep for Nigeria the way Buhari did.

"no cost is too high to protect government officer, but the opposite applies to dead 200 Nigerians and our deadly airspace.....

I know we joke around and call this man a dullard all the time, but the man acting even worse than a dullard and insensitive jack asss is very disheartening...
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by agbameta: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
This man and his transformation agenda is what they call hell on earth for Nigerians..
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Godian45(m): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bullet proof or no bullet proof if God want her died today she will die
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by ballabriggs: 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
A very disgusting and immoral character masquerading as a leader.

This one is a joke and the sooner his shown the way out the better for this country.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by obo389(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
I dnt bliv dis story comn4rm 1gulak?Nt evn GEJ‘S chief press sec or evn okupe?Haba mke una reasn dis statemnt..
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Osoldier: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Goddex: Governor of Lagos State,Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just took delivery of new acquisitions.

Source identified the buy as three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader.

The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million naira. The three jeeps are valued at 600 million naira.

The cars are customized- by special order.

It is however believed that the Lagos state government footed the bill for the cars.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/12652/4/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-milli.html

Why derail from the topic you blind man, ppl like you are wallowing in porverty. Bad head.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
A very bold and intelligent reply.A good leader should be able to defend his ministers actions and policies boldly.Up GEJ 4 life

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Brimmie(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Goddex: [s]Governor of Lagos State,Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just took delivery of new acquisitions.

Source identified the buy as three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader.

The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million naira. The three jeeps are valued at 600 million naira.

The cars are customized- by special order.

It is however believed that the Lagos state government footed the bill for the cars.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/12652/4/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-milli.html[/s]

Lmao!! grin grin No Way.. You can't derail this thread!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Samiceman: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mmmmm
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by gameboy727(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
To say the truth, am having a hard time believing this. I think its just a cooked up story to bash the president.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by jackymfon: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
If he said that then am speechless. Waste is the second name of this administration. After Corruption.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Brimmie(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
gameboy727: To say the truth, am having a hard time believing this. I think its just a cooked up story to bash the president.

Chill, you expect Mr President to be "Sincere"!? Oh no!
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by omenka(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chidough: A very bold and intelligent reply.A good leader should be able to defend his ministers actions and policies boldly.Up GEJ 4 life

A good leader should be able to reprimand his subjects when they err. So unfortunate. Jonathan's a soulless being.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by taharqa: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie: Is this how to defend a cabinet minister extravagance??, to quote the President "no cost is too high to protect government officer". You can see that GEJ did not value the lives of the common people? I could see clearly why this country go broke and never developed. If a President could have this mentality with his animal degree. I weep for Nigeria the way Buhari did.

Plz, stop calling @Naptu's name in associatn with peeps like @Gbawe, @Agbemata and @Dayokanu... That is like HERESIS, almost..
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Vado(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
If that statement especially the part where he said no cost is too high to protect a cabinet official, then GEJ is the dumbest president on planet earth right now. But that's always been obvious anyway.

With that being said, APC still ain't an option for me. No way i'm casting my vote for a Pro Dog & Baboon would be soaked in blood candidate or any from that school of violence-inciting thought.

Inability to present a detribalized, non-bigot and serious-minded person willing to serve the nation as a whole as presidential candidate by these parties come 2015 will be the nail in the coffin for this country of pain.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by agbameta: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Plz, stop calling @Naptu's name in associatn with peeps like @Gbawe, @Agbemata and @Dayokanu... That is like HERESIS, almost..

Must you village flat heads get angry, bitter, hateful and mean spirited over everything?
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by taharqa: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

Must you village flat heads get angry, bitter, hateful and mean spirited over everything?

I was just making a point, 'Bros'... I personali don't like a situation where d crumbs of d kids on d table are given to Pigs..ya dig??
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by madamoringo(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Vado: If that statement especially the part where he said no cost is too high to protect a cabinet official, then GEJ is the dumbest president on planet earth right now. But that's always been obvious anyway.

With that being said, APC still ain't an option for me. No way i'm casting my vote for a Pro Dog & Baboon would be soaked in blood candidate or any from that school of violence-inciting thought.

Inability to present a detribalized, non-bigot and serious-minded person willing to serve the nation as a whole as presidential candidate by these parties come 2015 will be the nail in the coffin for this country of pain.

May you and people like you die in that country of pain by the pain so caused by the retardeen, oduah and co. You people praise her and her ministry, next time you will board her planes and then you might just reap the rewards of your praise and support! You heard "Dog and Baboons" and you have not used your sense that it was a translation from another language? You have not realized that it could be translated to Obasanjo's do or die affair? Meanwhile, while you are accusing him of "dog and baboon" talks, over 4,000 people have been slaughtered under the watch of your retardeen GEJ. Maybe one day someone like you will come face to face with this nemesis, and Jona will just say he doesn't give a damn to the world while people like you reap the rewards of the brutal deaths you are causing to Nigeria today!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
I dont expect anything better from Retardeen

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by geeez: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nothing surprises me again under this guy

I've seen the most ridiculous, the most absurd, the most unintelligent and its amazing that after coming out to shamelessly admit and defend their obnoxiousness, some people will have the brain-dead urge to click on the like button

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by takedat(m): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Gulak is a well known pottymouth who will eventually find himself in a Gulag. I doubt he received authorization from the President to speak on #StellaGate saga. Speaking in support of this fiscal scandal only means that the President is corruption and mismanagement compliant. The President in the 2012 budget proposed N280million to acquire 2 mercedes benz official cars, one for himself and the other for the Vice President before he jettisoned the idea due to huge public outcry. I absolutely find no sense in him approving 2 official cars(one as official car and the other for back up) at the cost of N225million for a minister except he is trying to tell Nigerians that Stella's safety is more important than his. If truly she got the FEC approval aiding this financial recklessness and fiscal scandal, then GEJ is all blusters and no balls, all hype but no substance, wastrel leader.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Vado(m): 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

May you and people like you die in that country of pain by the pain so caused by the retardeen, oduah and co. You people praise her and her ministry, next time you will board her planes and then you might just reap the rewards of your praise and support! You heard "Dog and Baboons" and you have not used your sense that it was a translation from another language? You have not realized that it could be translated to Obasanjo's do or die affair? Meanwhile, while you are accusing him of "dog and baboon" talks, over 4,000 people have been slaughtered under the watch of your retardeen GEJ. Maybe one day someone like you will come face to face with this nemesis, and Jona will just say he doesn't give a damn to the world while people like you reap the rewards of the brutal deaths you are causing to Nigeria today!

WTF? Either you are deficient in the comprehension department or simply going nuts madam whatever because i'm lost as to where how you could type that load of crap up there.
Did u see me approving of GEJ's insensitivity or financial recklessness? Heck i didn't even vote him d last election cos i could forsee his incompetence. As a matter of fact, i'm disgusted by his actions or inactions and i strongly think the Minister should be relieved of her duty.
What's my own with OBJ's remark? For all i care, his and the bloodied-baboon talks are irresponsible inflammatory utterances from a sitting and ex president. They should be ashamed of themselves for such no matter how u wanna spin it Madam translator.
Now keep my name off your mouth and go suck on some baboon cock and lest i forget, that death wish in on you and your family if you have any ho'.
Re: Jonathan Backs Oduah’s Purchase Of $1.6m Cars. Condemns Online Lynching by Bigdaddy04: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
The name Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is so virulent that it has given some people high BP and has equally sent some to early grave grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Institutions Do You Regard As The Worst Failures In Nigeria? / Government Officials Wear Gloves Against Ebola (picture) / Boko Haram: Nasir El-rufai Mocks President Jonathan With Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.