Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 AM

2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding (23721 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 2 Nigerian Students Get Deported From Canada After Year In Hiding. / Settling Down In Canada After Student Permit Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by otiigba1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
they used those girls to make a political statement,example, detterent parherps
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by piagetskinner(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
bettercreature: Nigerians are even tired of themself
Why are you complain...is Gov Fasola is oyibo man ?
How i wish they are his children

Wetin this one dey talk

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
eaglechild:
Why would an average Briton or American go to Canada for university education?
There are so many Americans schooling in Canada and even some Brits.

I have met one or two Brits schooling in Canada.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
lyfe:

Black girls are everywhere, the cultural diversty in Canada is high; at least with what I see in Ontario.

SIN or no SIN card students on scholarship are not allowed to work in most countries and chances of staying back after graduating is very slim.

Obviously, they know the law and they chose to feign ignorance and outsmart the system. I don't pity them. I know people like them they are the ones who form "bigger girls" to their mateys stuck with ASUU in Nigeria while they are breaching their terms of admittance in a generous country.

People who paid raw cash as International students are in school fvcking their books on daily basis hoping to grad and get a legit job and settle down. Good riddance to bad nonsense. The good Nigerians are tired of the bad image this "na we sabi pass" sort of people give us.
I second all you said. smiley
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
lyfe:

Black girls are everywhere, the cultural diversty in Canada is high; at least with what I see in Ontario.

SIN or no SIN card students on scholarship are not allowed to work in most countries and chances of staying back after graduating is very slim.

Obviously, they know the law and they chose to feign ignorance and outsmart the system. I don't pity them. I know people like them they are the ones who form "bigger girls" to their mateys stuck with ASUU in Nigeria while they are breaching their terms of admittance in a generous country.

People who paid raw cash as International students are in school fvcking their books on daily basis hoping to grad and get a legit job and settle down. Good riddance to bad nonsense. The good Nigerians are tired of the bad image this "na we sabi pass" sort of people give us.

How about "Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart with some kind of African accent"....... That attracts curiosity. That's a sell out. They would have talked to customers throughout their shifts accept they were working inside Walmart cold room.

Black diversity in Canada is no rank to that in the US and still any of such student can be nabbed anytime just with their accents. That's why those kind of avaricious Int'l students don't work somewhere like that large WALMART...... Haba!

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by tpia5: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
eaglechild:
Why would an average Briton or American go to Canada for university education?

Its cheaper.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by oluwamikkie: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
hot kaycee: More still dey make dem fish them out
lolz
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by eightsin(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
So their sin is working?
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

How about "Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart with some kind of African accent"....... That attracts curiosity. That's a sell out. . Haba!

Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart with some kind of Accent could also be Canadians.

As far as I am concerned, if anyone (immigration officer or border patrol agent) ever want to check my immigration status just on the basis of my accent, I am going to sue. I know cases of people who have done it. Canada is bilingual French and English. So, the accent can't be a determining factor.

I know a case of a man from Quebec, white man born and raised in Canada. This man was fluent in French but was suspected to be an illegal immigrant by some Canadian immigration officer just because he couldn't speak proper English.
The guy felt insulted and when the case landed on a bench of a Human Right judge, the judge concluded that he was a victim of racial profiling.

Anyway, as someone mentioned earlier, I don't think they were deported. They must have left voluntarily after the immigration had asked them to do so. There is a big difference between the 2.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by EreluY(f): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Developed countries in Europe, North America, and Australasia take honesty and integrity seriously. Once you crossed the line, you're finished. Forgiveness and second chance aren't, as such, part of their worldview. Once you lied once, you're a liar for ever; once you cheat once, you're forever a cheater; once you commit crime (or break the law) once, you're forever a criminal. That is why their societies are relatively saner.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
TheCongo:

Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart with some kind of Accent could also be Canadians.

Don't quote me wrong. I said "with some kind of African accent", I didn't mean African accent translates to being illegal (there are many legal Africans) and I said "it calls for curiosity" and "it's a sell out" for these particular girls..... This to reprove those saying it might be from jealous friends.

Moreover, This isn't the first time people get curious, called immigration to challenge one's immigration status, mostly in all these non-professional jobs.

TheCongo:
As far as I am concerned, if anyone (immigration officer or border patrol agent) ever want to check my immigration status just on the basis of my accent, I am going to sue. I know cases of people who have done it. Canada is bilingual French and English. So, the accent can't be a determining factor.

And you think they will tell you your accent is the reason they need confirmation of status?

TheCongo:
I know a case of a man from Quebec, white man born and raised in Canada. This man was fluent in French but was suspected to be an illegal immigrant by some Canadian immigration officer just because he couldn't speak proper English.
The guy felt insulted and when the case landed on a bench of a Human Right judge, the judge concluded that he was a victim of racial profiling.

You're talking about French that is one of Canadian official languages but I'm talking of African accent and the kind of way these people see Africans, even in a place like Walmart. Immigration won't think twice before challenging an African status when they are tipped-off.

TheCongo:
Anyway, as someone mentioned earlier, I don't think they were deported. They must have left voluntarily after the immigration had asked them to do so. There is a big difference between the 2.

How about the time they've wasted and the back to square one? What about their integrity in school or to their scholarship sponsor? They weren't deported but were sent back home with no assurance of getting the visa next time like as simple as saying "give me my visa back".
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Rejoice5000(f): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
they travel with Nigerian mentality, they thought they are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

And you think they will tell you your accent is the reason they need confirmation of status?

Good point but I am one of those who believe that no one has any business to confirm my immigration status inland (in Canada) unless I am applying for a job or any government benefit.

I will never answer any immigration officer or border patrol agent who want to inquire of my immigration status unless I am at an entry point.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
TheCongo:

Good point but I am one of those who believe that no one has any business to confirm my immigration status inland (in Canada) unless I am applying for a job or any government benefit.

I will never answer any immigration officer or border patrol agent who want to inquire of my immigration status unless I am at an entry point.

Well, you have your point. I believe they usually act as a result of tip-off here in North America.... Can't say of Europe.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by LasBonBoi: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
TheCongo:

I was telling myself the same thing.
How did the immigration know those girls were working without permit?
I have been in Canada for many years and I have never come across an immigration officer inland.
The only place I come across immigration officers are the entry points when I am returning to Canada from international trips.

Does anyone know how the immigration came across this case in the first place?
I doubt this was flagged by Canada Revenue.

Since they were students and the University supports them, I presume they are able to secure temporary SIN to work on campus only (this is applicable even when you are not up to six months in school) So its possible they have used this same SIN to work in Walmart (which is off campus) without an off campus work permit. That will be a red flag and could be elevated to immigration through the University. Don't forget they might have filed for tax return through CRA possibly while holding on-campus work permit.

Let us all try to comply by every law and Nigerians will be respected. Trying to cheat the system in Canada will never work, only a matter of time. I have heard the incidence a year ago but am just learning here that they have been deported.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by LasBonBoi: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

How about "Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart with some kind of African accent"....... That attracts curiosity. That's a sell out. They would have talked to customers throughout their shifts accept they were working inside Walmart cold room.

Black diversity in Canada is no rank to that in the US and still any of such student can be nabbed anytime just with their accents. That's why those kind of avaricious Int'l students don't work somewhere like that large WALMART...... Haba!

Are you in Canada? I can tell you that is not Canadian at all!!! If you are someone living in the US or UK, it may be difficult for you to understand the respect for immigrants by Canadians.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by ManTiger(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
me_for_you: They should have asked before working. Even MP intervened but d wicked canadian oyibo people still pursue them.
The hatred for Nigerians mostly females knows no bound, Special Thanks to 'Kemi Omololu Olunloyo.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Thomsbuky(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
fckyourman: Every country is tired of nigerians,
Come back home and build our country,by force all those abroad will come back here to.

Are you kidding me? thousand of Nigerian already queening to get visa and check out like my friend (Mr Andrew). If you get opportunity would you stay or leave this country? I will leave within 24hours. Why do Nigerian travel? to get better life, live like decent people and have access to basic thing of life. However, our government and leader don't want ordinary Nigerian to enjoy these basic thing, It's meant for themselves and families. Are you seriously advice people to come back for PHCN Blackout, kidnapping, Boko Terrorist rampage, neglect of public and social services and public infrastructure. Many Nigerian want to come back home to help built this country but government have to provide basic amenities to attract Nigerian expatriate to come home. After all there is no place like sweet home.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by lyfe(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
ManTiger:
The hatred for Nigerians mostly females knows no bound, Special Thanks to 'Kemi Omololu Olunloyo.

Any reason for that? I have heard people saying that and I find it very hard not to believe with what have heard and seen.

@imperiouxx
Canadian racial diversity is very high and it is adjudged to be the highest in the world. Toronto is the most diverse city on earth (confirmed). Stand on a street of Toronto, you will all colors, shapes and sizes within 15 minutes. In Canada, they don't use accent to judge if you are illegal migrant or not.

This is a country asssumed chiefly by immigrants who settled long time ago and most still struggle with English average Nigerian student speaks better than many chinkos and Indians who have been in Canada over decades. Their crime in this regards is not because of their nationality or accent but they have overdone something for them to be exposed.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by trodon: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
I have read their story. Hard to believe that they didn't know that they were not supposed to work. I couldn't find a job on campus when i arrived so i had to wait for six months (actually took 7 months because i had to apply and wait for it to be processed). It is clearly stated in the work permit issued that: Unless authorized, prohibited from engaging in employment in Canada. Little warnings are taken seriously here. For you to say "i take God beg you" no go work. They did one very good thing though, they left voluntarily. They were not forcefully removed.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
lyfe:

Any reason for that? I have heard people saying that and I find it very hard not to believe with what have heard and seen.

@imperiouxx
Canadian racial diversity is very high and it is adjudged to be the highest in the world. Toronto is the most diverse city on eaThey (confirmed). Stand on a street of Toronto, you will all colors, shapes and sizes within 15 minutes. In Canada, they don't use accent to judge if you are illegal migrant or not.

This is a country asssumed chiefly by immigrants who settled long time ago and most still struggle with English average Nigerian student speaks better than many chinkos and Indians who have been in Canada over decades. Their crime in this regards is not because of their nationality or accent but they have overdone something for them to be exposed.

No, I don't mean that. Even in US, they don't use that. Both the two Northern American countries are good to stay without racial attack. I was only talking about how easy it is for immigration guys to nab the girls while working in Walmart. Hope I'm clear now.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Zairois: 4:50am On Oct 22, 2013
They were well aware of the restrictions that they had as international students. First of all why work off campus when you're already getting scholarship money or what ever source of income they get and also they give them jobs on campus that they could have applied for.
With that said they weren't aware that the government would be this serious about it. DAYUM naija girls.
Just imagine what they will tell their friends and family. They were sent to Canada to get an education but instead they chose to make an extra dollar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

67 Passengers, Flight Crews Survive, As Valuejet’s Aircraft Skids Off Runway / Moment Uyo-Lagos Air Peace Flight Experienced Air Turbulence (Video, Photos) / Epic Throwback Of Marina Lagos In The 1960s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.