Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,494 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? (12870 Views)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by geovanni24(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello NLanders....

let me start by introducing myself.....ii am Geovanni C... a graduate of Linguistics and communication studies from one of the most prestigious Federal universities known as Uniport!...Before ii gained admission in 2008, ii knew M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ potential was in the field of arts and ii would thrive well in Broadcasting and Theatre performance because ii have always craved for movie entertainment right from childhood, but couldn't go for theatre arts because ii saw it as a waste of time, since you can venture into Nollywood regardless of your discipline.

I love the course i studied and I'm proud to be a Linguist and a media communicator!....Now the problem here is that my folks don't fancy the profession because its not a professional discipline, especially my immediate elder Brother who is a graduate of Law!...they don't accord me some respect when i Speak...they believed i would have done them proud by becoming a medical doctor/banker or better still a pharmacist!....

I'm saying this because I'm proud of what i am, and the upcoming actor as i am hardly known as, and i want to use this medium to tell those of you that regret your line of profession/course of study, to stop feeling cheated,intimidated and debased about it!....stand on your ground and prove them wrong by being a success in your field of endeavour...do the Undo and persevere,and with God on your side, the sky will be your limit!....

Feel free to comment if you fall under this category!.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by shawnpepe(f): 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nah

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Obianuju123: 1:37am On Oct 19, 2013
All professions should be given due respect.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by sCun: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
A linguistic whatever shouldn't write as poorly as you do.

11 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Pedagogue: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
UNIPORT is one of the most prestigious uni's ? Really!!!

Well,if that is the same university that trained our very own Patience Jonathan, UNIPORT is most definitely a prestigious citadel of learning!!

@ Topic: Well said. But if you are a linguist/media communicator and people do not "accord you respect when you SPEAk", don't you think something is wrong somewhere? Even if ppl do not respect your profession, they will definitely bow if you 'SPEAK' well.

My personal philosophy is- If you are a farmer, farm well
If you are a teacher, teach well
If you are a prostitute, .... Well... grin

To sum up, strive to be the best in whatever you do. Success in the 21st century has no regard for colour,race or profession.

11 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Jelo4kul(m): 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
love this post.. Very nice one bro.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not at all.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
I read chemical engineering and i live in a country where churches and mosqueS are more than industries how do u whant me to feel decipher that.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not at all. No regret whatsoever...
I read Industrial Chemistry and have been working in my field of study smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Damitism: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
sCun: A linguistic whatever shouldn't write as poorly as you do.

Must you raise your smelly tail on every post? M o r o n!!

**back to topic**
Op, don't mind those brothers of yours. So far you do what you wanna do and achieve your aims, you are a fulfilled man.
Stay blessed!

14 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Aromas: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2013

Is dis the comment you are ask to drop? You wey cum sabi write oya write make we c.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by damosky12(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
hello bro. He wasnt writing an article. What he wrote is just apt for a social forum as this. So you should'nt expect him to be that sophisticated in his writing.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: Not at all. No regret whatsoever...
I read Industrial Chemistry and have been working in my field of study smiley
HAPPY FOR U MADAM IS THAT UR BABY ?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01:
HAPPY FOR U MADAM IS THAT UR BABY ?
Yeah but don't derail smiley
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Sheenor: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Not at all
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by justi4jesu(f): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2013

English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by stan4b(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
May b if i ad chosen Programming,i would av ad some regrets. I don't tink I av any regret for choosing Networking.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Aromas: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01: I read chemical engineering and i live in a country where churches and mosqueS are more than industries how do u whant me to feel decipher that.

During ur studies in university, are you not taught how to produce chemicals dat can easily kill germs in d house without human affection? So d churches n mosques are fully ready 2 patronise you if you can bring out ur product. Even I myself we patronise you, so stop complaining

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Tell us you own Oga Professor

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Iceman296: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
bayulll01: I read chemical engineering and i live in a country where churches and mosqueS are more than industries how do u whant me to feel decipher that.
Thank You.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: Yeah but don't derail smiley
I WONT LOL
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2013

Holy Mo'!!!!
Easy dude............. lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by faradexs09(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
No regret whatsoeva
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Lilimax(f): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
As a Chemical Engineer, there are several things you can do on your own to earn a living undecided
Give it a try smiley
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by femmykenny: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Yeah I do,sometime I have little or no time to attend to important things.
And I must confess that I love my profession, in 3 month, I make over N700,000 on my website.
I guess am okay at the age of 20
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by pollay: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nice Post guy, no long thing sha but i study Computer Science, but still could not find the right job, eventhough i had the practical knowledge right before graduating from school
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by Iceman296: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Is This Necessary? ITK
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Aromas:

During ur studies in university, are you not taught how to produce chemicals dat can easily kill germs in d house without human affection? So d churches n mosques are fully ready 2 patronise you if you can bring out ur product. Even I myself we patronise you, so stop complaining
THANK GOOD I DON SEE SPONSOR,I KNOW HOW TO PRODUCED TOILET CLEANSER,GERMICIDE,PERFUME,BLEACHES AND AFTER SHAVE,SO I WOULD LOVE IF YOU CAN ASSIST WITH A TOKEN OF 20K,AND I WILL RETURN WITH INTEREST,HAPPY ARE YOU?
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by damosky12(m): 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
I dont find the need for anybody to be worried so far you are sure you are where God would have you be. That is why I advise young men to primarily become conscious of God's purpose for them before ever majoring in any profession. Before going to school, ensure you arnt missing out on God's road-map for your life and hence; avoid regret in life.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by njuwo(m): 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
@Op to contribute to ur topic, dnt mind those ur people they are happy for u inside their mind but dnt want to let u knw. Well, as for me i'm a risin comedian even though most pple see me as an unserious human being which i am, i dnt care cos d comedy im doin brings me joy after livin a life of loneliness b4 God ordained me as a comedian im nw livin a life of comedy in Christ and dnt take life too seriously cos i always find time to make pple laugh.
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by yankyone(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
lol....true talk
Re: Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? by bayulll01(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lilimax: As a Chemical Engineer, there are several things you can do on your own to earn a living undecided
Give it a try smiley
I JUST GAVE YOU THE LIST OF ALL I CAN PRODUCE ALL I NEED IS 20K TO START MY BIZ AND I DONT GIVE A BLEEP ABOUT GEJ WASTING OUR RESORCES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. / What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? / How To Negotiate A Better Salary | Career Advice Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.