Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,203 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations (12970 Views)

Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren / As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 19, 2013

Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Captain Fola Akinkuotu, on Friday defended the purchase of two BMW 760 armoured cars, saying the vehicles are for operational use.

He denied media reports that the vehicles were acquired for the minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Uduah.

Briefing newsmen in Abuja on the controversy that has trailed the purchase of the vehicles, NCAA said due process was followed in the acquisition of the vehicles. He put the cost at N255, 150, 000.

He said: “This press conference isto throw more light on emerging media reports on the circumstances surrounding the procurement of Two BMW 760 Li Armoured Series cars for the NCAA.

“The cars are operational vehicles used in the varied operations of the NCAA. Transporting the minister and aviation-related foreign dignitaries is part of this operation.

“We make haste to state that aviation is a global industry and the NCAA, the regulator of the industry in Nigeria very often plays host to dignitaries from international civil aviation bodies like, ICAO, IATA, US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), among others.

“It is internationally customary to convey our minister and these visiting foreign dignitaries in security vehicles whenever they are in Nigeria.

“It must be noted that during such visitations, the security of members of the delegation is the sole responsibility of the host country,” he said.

According to him, the vehicles in question are in the pool of the NCAA for these special assignments and available at NCAA office.

Akinkuotu, further noted that the vehicles were budgeted for and that all necessary procurement and due process was followed.

He added that this was not the first time the agency had procured high security vehicles for aforementioned purposes.

He confirmed that vehicles were purchased from Coscharis Motors, the only dealer of such vehicles in Nigeria.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/24267-we-bought-n225m-bulletproof-cars-for-operations-ncaa.html
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmm!

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by manny4life(m): 3:02am On Oct 19, 2013
nnenna.1:
Hmm!

I second your "hmm"/

7 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:31am On Oct 19, 2013
While it's easy to tell princess Stella Odua to resign, I wonder why no one is calling for NCAA D.G, captain Fola Akinkuotu's head, the man who purchased the cars.

22 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Sloan: 3:43am On Oct 19, 2013
LIES! LIES!! LIES!!! Foreign dignitaries demanded a 250 M+ BMW in order to be transported within Nigeria to where, really? Within Lagos? Abuja? Or interstate? What happened to a Peugeot or Camry or Regular BMW not the one costing ~ $ 200K. Well, we know it's all lies and this is simply shamefaced damage control. You have no need to even explain because the head of the fish (retardeen is GEJ is already stinky rotten with maggots and smell), so the body is a forgone issue. Odua, GEJ, fat face Iweala, etc should enjoy the money as though one day they will not leave again? I am so thankful I don't live in Nigeria and all you do or don't do does not affect me directly for then, I wonder how frustrating that would be. Boy am I glad I live in sane country!!

9 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Sloan: LIES! LIES!! LIES!!! Foreign dignitaries demanded a 250 M+ BMW in order to be transported within Nigeria to where, really? Within Lagos? Abuja? Or interstate? What happened to a Peugeot or Camry or Regular BMW not the one costing ~ $ 200K. Well, we know it's all lies and this is simply shamefaced damage control. You have no need to even explain because the head of the fish (retardeen is GEJ is already stinky rotten with maggots and smell), so the body is a forgone issue. Odua, GEJ, fat face Iweala, etc should enjoy the money as though one day they will not leave again? I am so thankful I don't live in Nigeria and all you do or don't do does not affect me directly for then, I wonder how frustrating that would be. Boy am I glad I live in sane country!!

This one wee de clean toilet for malaysia de tanx God say him no de naija SMH

22 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Ojobojo1(m): 3:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Utter bullcrap, trying to do damage control, it won't work.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by biafranqueen: 4:07am On Oct 19, 2013
So how come nobody was tripping when Fashola bought three cars for security at 3 million in 2011?
http://ttsoundings.com/2011/08/13/governor-fashola-public-conscience-v-n600million-armoured-jeeps/

5 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by gregg2: 4:14am On Oct 19, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: While it's easy to tell princess Stella Odua to resign, I wonder why no one is calling for NCAA D.G, captain Fola Akinkuotu's head, the man who purchased the cars.

Very tribal bad belle people. The truth among our opposition elements is that they want FG to fail. They feel the woman is transforming the aviation sector and this is uplifting the image of the FG and so should be pulled down. Those guys coordinated by Thief Tinubu and that Boko Haram mentor do not care about the progress of this country but their selfish interest of getting to Aso Rock

23 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by agbameta: 4:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Lie number 12 and counting....

4 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by agbameta: 4:36am On Oct 19, 2013
gregg2:

Very tribal bad belle people. The truth among our opposition elements is that they want FG to fail. They feel the woman is transforming the aviation sector and this is uplifting the image of the FG and so should be pulled down. Those guys coordinated by Thief Tinubu and that Boko Haram mentor do not care about the progress of this country but their selfish interest of getting to Aso Rock

She's definitely transforming with the blood of over 200 dead Nigerians on her hands...

Funny how Tinubu a non government official is always responsible for federal incompetence, corruption and other ills perpetrated by the very people we pay to look after us and keep us safe..

23 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Demdem(m): 5:32am On Oct 19, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: While it's easy to tell princess Stella Odua to resign, I wonder why no one is calling for NCAA D.G, captain Fola Akinkuotu's head, the man who purchased the cars.

I support not only his resignation but immediate hanging. What nonsense. Do those dignitaries ride in such expensive cars in their home countries?
Why are the cars parked in stellas residence in lekki or wherever?
He talked also about NCAA also having other security vehicles, if true then what neccesitates purchasing new ones with huge sums when a lot still needs to be done within the sector.

8 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by gregg2: 5:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Liar!!! Demdem Liar!!! Who told you the vehicles are lying at the minister's house in Lekki? Read the last paragraph of what I culled from PUNCH.

1) But the NCAA boss stated that the purchase of the vehicles followed stipulated  due  process, adding that the prices of the cars were high probably because it was bought from a company which had no competitors in Nigeria.

2) The agency also said other factors might  have contributed  the high price, but maintained that the vehicles were purchased for operational purposes. Explaining what may have made the vehicles expensive in Nigeria, Akinkuotu said three factors should be considered.

3) He said, “First, each car that you buy nowadays has a customised aspect to it and this may impact on the price. The other factor is what I call the environmental situation. Yesterday, a gentleman from Britain met me and said the fares in this country on British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are high. And he wondered why the situation had continued, but he said it was because Nigerians could  afford it.

4) “So the other aspect in this particular context is what I will call the monopolistic situation on these cars. Coscharis, as far as I understand, is about the only guy that sells BMW of this nature in Nigeria. If he is the only one selling, then you must buy from him if you want the car and he can name the price. So those are factors that may have resulted. But mind you, I am not holding brief for this.”

5) He went on, “I do not know how much the cars cost and I cannot relate or answer the question on the actual cost of these cars. But were they budgeted for? Yes.”

6) The DG said aviation was a global industry and the NCAA, the regulator of the industry in Nigeria very often played host to dignitaries from international civil aviation bodies.

7) He said it was internationally customary to convey the minister and these visiting foreign dignitaries in security vehicles whenever they are in Nigeria.

cool He said, “It must be noted that during such visitations, the security of members of the delegation is the sole responsibility of the host country. The vehicles are therefore in the pool of the NCAA for these special assignments and are available at the NCAA office and can be shown to you.”

Culled from:
http://www.punchng.com/news/oduahs-n255m-car-scandal-were-searching-for-those-who-leaked-story-fg/

7 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by omenka(m): 6:35am On Oct 19, 2013
So glaring the manner of vagabonds we have in the corridors of power!! Foreign dignitaries my foot!! What do they need armored vehicles for? Are they drug dealers or Mob bosses

The more they try to justify this travesty, the more the stench oozes out!!

Do we realy have a president in this country This is so unbelievable!

15 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Funny how Nigerian men and women bury their conscience when their belly is involved.
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by takedat(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Another day, Another story. Out of desperation to justify this malfeasance and whitewash the minister's image, the ministry have been caught in a web of lies and contradictions. Joel Obi, the media assistant to the minister, said the 2 cars were for the minister i.e one for official use and the other as back-up while NCAA claims its for operational use. Why can't they just synchronize their lies instead of this continuous shameful display of folly and falsehood?

Do these 'aviation-related foreign dignitaries' get to ride in a $800,000 armoured vehicle in their own countries? No responsible government would shell out $1.6million on two cars for some 'foreign dignitaries' when there is pervasive poverty and unemployment in the land.

9 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by PointB: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2013

It's easy my brother. His (Fola's) people are bloody hypocrites. Same man is also responsible for aviation safety and was not employed by the minister. It easy my friend for them to call for the sack of the minister because the people we are dealing with are hateful and envious; they see no good in others and only look out for themselves. These people are our yoruba friends, treachery is a core part of their make-up.

8 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Sloan: LIES! LIES!! LIES!!! Foreign dignitaries demanded a 250 M+ BMW in order to be transported within Nigeria to where, really? Within Lagos? Abuja? Or interstate? What happened to a Peugeot or Camry or Regular BMW not the one costing ~ $ 200K. Well, we know it's all lies and this is simply shamefaced damage control. You have no need to even explain because the head of the fish (retardeen is GEJ is already stinky rotten with maggots and smell), so the body is a forgone issue. Odua, GEJ, fat face Iweala, etc should enjoy the money as though one day they will not leave again? I am so thankful I don't live in Nigeria and all you do or don't do does not affect me directly for then, I wonder how frustrating that would be. Boy am I glad I live in sane country!!
You should know that Nigeria is beter than Somalia where you live. So quite, APC MOSQUITO

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Doing everything just to save face.
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2013
We know for sure that Tinubu dogs will never accept these explanations. But whether they accept it or not, it is now established that the cars were budgeted for and DUE PROCESS was followed. Those are the MOST IMPORTANT fact.

However, Tinubu internet dogs are free to continue in their lamentations and emotional seizures, like they've always done from day ONE.

Mayb because Tinubu dogs are so used to Tinubu's corrupt practices, they'r always quick at tagging everything corruption, misappropriation,etc. But now that the FACTS are out, they can take back those terms, which we all know are synonymous with their master, Tinubu. When ever the word corruption is mentioned, the first name that comes to mind is Tinubu. He is the greatest corrupt politician of ALL TIME.

Back to the issue at hand, I think the only term that perfectly describes the act of the minister of aviation in authorizing the purchase of those vehicles is the words used by Oby Ezekwesili. She described it as "obscene luxury". Investing that much in 2 vehicles raises in moral questions. And I think ministers should take into account the realities of our time before taking certain decisions so as not to appear insensitive.

10 Likes

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Sermwell(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2013
T
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by JECBOSS: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Why didn't the journalists demand to
see the cars themselves? Where is
investigative journalism or were they
bribed? For God's sake, this is a
sensitive issue that requires thorough
investigation. Those disgruntled
journalists who were there for the
media briefing should be relieved of
their duties for sheer incompetence,
unprofessional conduct and
deliberate compromise. Wish Sahara
Reporters were there.

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by alotofgrace(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2013
MMIA got a leaking roof.....

they are buying carsssss.
excuse me! is an authority not suppose to buy passenger armoured planes?

now we must consider staging the fight

NCAA vs PHCN

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by YoshiMaster: 9:20am On Oct 19, 2013
On the real though, which kin operation be that?

Even Operation Desert storm, them no carry that kin flashy bulletproof.

Anyway, she's done an above average job so far, it's just unfortunate that this happened.
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Drsheddy(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2013
God is watching!!! EET
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by cashkid18(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2013
cool cool cool
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by awodman: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Was the money for this car budgeted for?..if yes,then that is the end of discussion
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by Achmet(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Guys, try this and thank me later !!!
Download Stitch It app at
http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274

#Freemium version[b]Guys, try this and thank me later !!!

#Freemium version[/b]Guys, try this and thank me later !!!

#Freemium version
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by dridowu: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2013
225milla naira ? Afefe ti fe ati ri furo adiye
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by taisoft(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
The govt is saying no money to improve the education sector. Are these people preparing for war? Why such car?

1 Like

Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by ziccoit: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2013
Like somebody said on another thread "It will be really long till Nigerians understand what is happening at them". A dead country where there is no hope. Imagine a woman who should have had a soft heart joining people to rape her country to a state of coma.
Re: NCAA Bought N225m Cars For Operations by airmark(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
When u tell a lie be prepared to tell severals to cover up. I will like to know how much is bullet-proof car being used by minister of defence and even the president of the country who are more proned to attacks?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta / Atiku Abubakar's Chatham House Full Speech / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.