Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy (5129 Views)

Certifying Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs! / Nigerian Man Caught With Fake Passport/documents At Uk Airport! / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by adebayosun02: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Fellow Nairalander, a number of questions baffle me on how to legalise my academic documents @Belgium embassy here in Nigeria for admission into University of Ghent . These issues are itemised below please help address the issues to the best of your knowledge.
~
I was able to copy the information below from the
VHS website
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The embassy of Belgium is only allowed to legalize
original documents or 'Certified copies'
Original documents or 'Certified copies'
A 'Certified copy' must bear:
- The mention 'Certified copy'
- The signature and the seal from the institute that
originally issued the document.
"
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
How do I go about getting "Certified copy" of my
documents although I have the originals of these
documents?
Do I make clear and clean photocopies of these my
documents and have the signature and the seal from
the institute that originally issued the document on
it. Will this be solution to the issues raised on their
site as I paste it above
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Belgian embassy in Nigeria only legalises the
signature of the authorities at the Nigerian Ministry
of Foreign affairs in Abuja.
Please make sure that before coming to the embassy
the document is signed by this authority.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
Do I have to travel to Nigerian Ministry of Foreign
affairs in Abuja to have these documents signed
again by the said Ministry?
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
.......which he/she submits to the legalisation
department of the embassy, together with the
documents to be legalised. These documents must
be originals.
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is: Do I have to
Submit my ORIGINAL documents along with the
documents also what did they mean by saying "
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months."
Lastly, how long does it take by the embassy to
legalised documents?
Re: Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by adebayosun02: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Moderator please help push this tread to Front Page, its a matter of Urgency
Re: Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by Bidoomolala: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
actually mst of dis info are 4 visa app,i guess.If ua seekin admisn into Ugent,all u nid do is 2 legalise d fotocopy of ur docs(certificate n transcript).u ll send d legalised fotocopies n oda requirements 2 ugent.To legalise at belgium embassy, u go 2 ministry of educatn at abj b4 ministry of foreign affairs 2 authenticate d docs,b4 takin it 2 d embassy.legalisatn takes hrs,u submit in d mornin(btw 9-10am) n u go bck in d afternoon 2 collect.bt dey legalise at d embassy only tuesdays n thursdays
Re: Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by adebayosun02: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Bidoomolala: actually mst of dis info are 4 visa app,i guess.If ua seekin admisn into Ugent,all u nid do is 2 legalise d fotocopy of ur docs(certificate n transcript).u ll send d legalised fotocopies n oda requirements 2 ugent.To legalise at belgium embassy, u go 2 ministry of educatn at abj b4 ministry of foreign affairs 2 authenticate d docs,b4 takin it 2 d embassy.legalisatn takes hrs,u submit in d mornin(btw 9-10am) n u go bck in d afternoon 2 collect.bt dey legalise at d embassy only tuesdays n thursdays
~
Bro thank you very much for this gr8 info, God bless U bountifully.
~
Please what does it take to authenticate these documents @ the Min. Of Education and Min of foreign affairs, I mean the fee and the number of days, can I achieve these two on the same day
~
Are u studying in UGent or an Alumni? I av some other questions as regard Ugent admission. Can I av ur email addr or BBM pin, mine is adebayosun02@gmail.com and @ pin: 25C41B5E
Re: Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by bj000: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2020
I had already been to ministrybof education and foreign affairs and they authentify my original and later found out they needed certified copy,can I scan the back of my original copy which contains the signature of ministry of education and foreign affairs then certify the the scan copy will belgium embassy collect it for legalization
Re: Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy by bj000: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2020
bj000:
I had already been to ministrybof education and foreign affairs and they authentify my original and later found out they needed certified copy,can I scan the back of my original copy which contains the signature of ministry of education and foreign affairs then certify the the scan copy will belgium embassy collect it for legalization

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card For Traveling, In Lagos / Do You Know This Girl , Please Report To Her Family, There Motor Just Got An Acc / Best African Country To Relocate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.