Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109591 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sometimes we tend to drift away to way back...primary school days when you would be called out by the class teacher to read a passage from the English text.

Some stories would still be fresh in your memory. I believe every generation has its time. For those that were of the classes of the 80's to early 90's when English primary books such as Mc Milian and Oxford were still commonly used, I hail una well well! I can't easily forget stories like Agbo, the son of Mr Malaika who live in the town of Lagoon, close to Ibadan (we shouldn't forget that his father gave him a wrist watch which he was very proud of) or Obi and Nneka who joined Boys Scout and Girls Guide respectively and were in primary six.

pls post yours jooor....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by ketoprofen(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
Prim 4 Macmillan was the most interesting

Agbo tnz on point

10 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2013

50 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nonso23: Edet in calabar pry 2. Wakama (i hope i got the spelling right) and emeka who were athletes in their school pry4.
I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*

Nonso, that of Wakama, Kunle, Emeka and Odion is pry 5. The story you mentioned about Audu is pry 2 Mc Milian ...that should be Ali and Simbi. I still remember calling some few girls in my class 'Simbi' because of the similar hairstyle. Good old days.

8 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Does anyone still remember Mr. Nwosu who has four sons and two daughters? He came home during Xmas with chickens. That is pry 2. Mr. Salami is the father of Ali and Simbi.

62 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Does anyone still remember Mr Nwosu who has four sons and two daughters? He comes home during Xmas with chickens.

7 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by ketoprofen(m): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2013
Nonso23: Edet in calabar pry 2. Wakama (i hope i got the spelling right) and emeka who were athletes in their school pry4.
I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*

Edet is prim 3.
lol at Mr Nwosu and his two daughters.
I can remember him holding two big white chickens in his hands.

12 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by princesa(f): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Good old days mehn! *nostalgic* cheesy

I remember Agbo, Wakama, Mr. NWosu and his two daughters, Mike and his girlfriend, Simbi and Ali, Eze...

Then, the literatures: without a silver spoon, sugar girl, Ade our naughty little brother, Tesa (sweet mother), Eze goes to school, Koku Baboni, Ige Adubi (the vineyard), Chike and the river etc...

There are so much that am dying of nostalgia now.sad

But years later guys...

Simbi is now in Italy doing lipsrsealed
Eze is now a businessman in Main market, Onitsha
Ali should be a father by now
Tesa is happily married with children
Agbo has gone out to seek greener pastures...
Chike owns a big hospital in Abuja
Ade now scolds his naughty sons

because No time again! cool

26 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
LMAO @Princesa. grin

Ahhh... Good ol' days. cheesy

Edet who used to live in calabar, moved to Abuja. cheesy
Simbi is now a runs girl lipsrsealed
Eze dropped outta school grin

Literature books:
The passport of Mallam Ilia - My fav
Chike and the River.
The drummer boy.
Enid Blyton classics.
Lantern books. Etc etc.

Primary school mehn.
In my class, if you cant recite any of the stories without looking at the reader, you're considered dumb!

The stories are not the same these days. Kids hardly read.

4 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by EzePromoe: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
princesa: Good old days mehn! *nostalgic* cheesy

I remember Agbo, Wakama, Mr. NWosu and his two daughters, Mike and his girlfriend, Simbi and Ali, Eze...

Then, the literature: without a silver spoon, sugar girl, Ade our naughty little brother, Tesa (sweet mother), Eze goes to school...

But years later guys...

Eze is now a businessman in Onitsha
Ali should be a father now
Eze owns a big hospital in Abuja

You guys are confusing someone here o.
Meanwhile, Someone said Obi who was a boy is now a governor.

8 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember
Sugar girl;Ralia
Drummer boy
Den I read dizzy angel in Pri 6.Then a frnd used 2 bring it 2 skul everyday,btt she wouldn't let me take it home cuz it was her dads'.
I jst laugh wen I rememba wat I used 2 all in d bid get a book I wanted.

6 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Does anyone still remember Mr Nwosu who has four sons and two daughters? He comes home during Xmas with chickens.

Sure, lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
princesa: Good old days mehn! *nostalgic* cheesy

Then, the literature: without a silver spoon, sugar girl, Ade our naughty little brother, Tesa (sweet mother), Eze goes to school...

But years later guys...

Eze is now a businessman in Onitsha
Ali should be a father now
Eze owns a big hospital in Abuja

Can't stp lafin.. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
ali and simbi tinz grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by rezzy: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Does anyone still remember Mr. Nwosu who has four sons and two daughters? He came home during Xmas with chickens. That is pry 2. Mr. Salami is the father of Ali and Simbi.

Oh, i remember this, the chicken and rice were cooked on top of the table and not stove!

14 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by nikkypearl(f): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
i attended public school;(

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by glizengem(f): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by oboy3(m): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
No1 jamb question
if a goat(ewu) is kept on a scale to know its
weight,what can we possibly call that?
A)skelewu
B)skeptical
C)skeletal
D)skelano

7 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by glizengem(f): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin ya ya good old days edet n ikot ekpene

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Vickii Ro: I remember
Sugar girl;Ralia
Drummer boy
Den I read dizzy angel in Pri 6.Then a frnd used 2 bring it 2 skul everyday,btt she wouldn't let me take it home cuz it was her dads'.
I jst laugh wen I rememba wat I used 2 all in d bid get a book I wanted.

Hah! Sugar girl! That was interesting and scary then. My romance novel being dizzy angel,can't remember how many times I read it.

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Samsantos9: 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Sometimes we tend to drift away to way back...primary school days when you would be called out by the class teacher to read a passage from the English text.

Some stories would still be fresh in your memory. I believe every generation has its time. For those that were of the classes of the 80's to early 90's when English primary books such as Mc Milian and Oxford were still commonly used, I hail una well well! I can't easily forget stories like Agbo, the son of Mr Malaika who live in the town of Lagoon, close to Ibadan (we shouldn't forget that his father gave him a wrist watch which he was very proud of) or Obi and Nneka who joined Boys Scout and Girls Guide respectively and were in primary six.

pls post yours jooor....
Lol I remember the one of Agbo from Lagoon Gbenga was his best friend he woke up late that morning and then he fell sick that day. Read that book around 2003 or 2004.

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Elcapo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sinta Musa!!! Back in my pry 1 days; I love that story book... Aunty tolu beats me lyk madt when it comes to d infantry part cry cheesy cheesy
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Samsantos9: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who remembers the one of Ali and Simbi? The only part I can remember in this one is every Saturday Ali clears the grass around his fathers house and Simbi follows her mother to the market.

4 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by yomalex(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Koku Baboni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by missvirgorick(f): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Others: Chief Koko's bicycle.
Folake and her four brothers.
One good turn deserves another.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by romzyxy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr sada who was a farmer}a bag full of gold coin
Ali the king of the road
Owie the flute player
Obi and wakama
The journey to ikot-ekene
The theif
Agbo live in the town of laguun

5 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by skyscraperTM(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yeah! Good old days.

Edet: now a big boy who lives in dubai.

Simbi: she is now an aristo girl.

Agbo: a popular agbero in lagos.

Mr Nwosu: he is now a grandfather e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr. Giwa iz a shopkeeper lolz

5 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Andrew3(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
The trial of jimmy johnson angry angry angry I ate the money for the book and u know what. angry angry
Brighter grammer angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by sweetponmo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
'Edet goes to school. He is 8 years old...'

Chike and The River

Ade Our Little Naughty Brother.

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by jhydebaba(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
I chop cain on top this one wella cheesy

This is a church
It isn't a mosque

This is a house
It isn't a school

Whatever cheesy

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.