Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109409 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by wengerjay(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Giwa is a shop-keeper
Mr Alli,the thief

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by komek(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
I have forgotten the class and the book,buh the xters are
Audu, Sara, Rufus and Joseph.

Audu is reading a Book

Joseph is drawing a picture.

Sara is doing something I can not remember now.

Rufus is climbing a tree.

In the whole of the READER, Rufus was known as a lazy boy.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Danhumprey: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
*comes in,read the comments. Feeling nostalgic,take a stroll back through time,with a time machine,to relieve the glory of the good old days*

The good old days. How time flies. I always wish I could meet the characters in the books in real life. sad

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Madamspeaker(f): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Sada is a farmer...he lives in Sapele...he has a big farm...he grows yams,cassava.....#i jst dnt know y dis passage wnt leave my head#

5 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ola2njee: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ali and Simbi.Ali, dat boy dat is alwayz in his shortz playin football...Simbi,dat girl dat is alwayz plaitin dat funny hairstyle..Hw can i ever forget?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Danhumprey: 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
There was Tolu,Gbenga's sister and her friends practising basketball,when the ball jumped over the fence where a dog was lying. And they were argueing among themselve as to who would go get the ball.

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by skyscraperTM(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
o'boy:
No1 jamb question
if a goat(ewu) is kept on a scale to know its
weight,what can we possibly call that?
A)skelewu
B)skeptical
C)skeletal
D)skelano
E)skales-ewu. |skales (EME) is a goat!

DAVIDO SAYS SO!!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by psucc(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
So members of NL are new school. We of the old school stuff read oxford english course. Ali and the sugar; ayi, the deaf, etc.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by tohshine(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ali and simbi grin

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by zolajpower: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
What about Ali and the angel?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by gbawee: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Sometimes we tend to drift away to way back...primary school days when you would be called out by the class teacher to read a passage from the English text.

Some stories would still be fresh in your memory. I believe every generation has its time. For those that were of the classes of the 80's to early 90's when English primary books such as Mc Milian and Oxford were still commonly used, I hail una well well! I can't easily forget stories like Agbo, the son of Mr Malaika who live in the town of Lagoon, close to Ibadan (we shouldn't forget that his father gave him a wrist watch which he was very proud of) or Obi and Nneka who joined Boys Scout and Girls Guide respectively and were in primary six.

pls post yours jooor....

They lived in 'LAGUN'
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by litetias(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
#fondmemories
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chimoski87(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Most people here are not getting the real deal. Have you all forgotten " Ghandoki" the warrior & fighter? You guys need to go to school during my own time

11 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by kaywhynoni: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr and Mrs BAKO, ALADE and BIOLA.......pry 5 and 6.........ALI and the angel's house, pry 4........Mr GIWA is a shop keeper in pry 3

7 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Toosure70: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ali and the angel

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by IAMBREEZY: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wow so long way back.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by naijathings(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
i dont feel like commenting on this topic, op please bear with me grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Alli ^ Simbi is primary two. Enter Ralia who was maltreated by the step mother and she planted an udala tree and sang until she got bountiful harvest.

Edet who lived in Calabar is primary three. An uncle later took him to Ibadan. Remember the funny man in the lorry en route ibadan who told a story of how he deceived a thief into stealing his box of rags? Remember the visit to Oron? Also the visit to Mollete motor park and zoo at Ibadan. Check out the poem - old Roger is dead.

Enter Primary four hero-Agbo. His brother mike returns from London as an Engineer where there was a rousy welcome. I still remember mr Ross party.

Wakamma rocks primary five. From the pictures sef, big boy don dey set in. There was this school play where someone was changed into a lion. I remember the story of a poor farmer who died and his son struck a fortune in his farm. Also the story of the poor man whose cat helps him hunt for rabbits which he later sells to the king. Things turned around later.

I'm surprised primary six is still booting

14 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Codedrock(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
WOW WOW.. I do remember EDET.
When him and brother were travelling to onitsha and a man told people in the bus a story of people who normally steal another person's luggages and how he caught one of em wit a trick.
AND I ALSO LIKE THE chapter in which after edet and brother arrived the park and edet read a story of the lion leopard goats and others.. Anybody that remembers that should like this.

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Olaone1: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hmmmmm. My NOEC books.

Gone are dem days angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Tholudee(f): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr sada is a farmer, he live in sapele,he has a big farm, he grows yam ,rice,cassava and groundnut...I read it lyk grin grin Lord's prayer, when my dad brings the book out and ask me to read,I recite faster nd touch the wrong words grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ik1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sembi goes to school.....our husband has gone mad again,
Wanna make cool 1500naira in 30secs and get it thru western union.u not gonna believe.....click dis link http:///1bIPn9l to find out more

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Olaone1: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Bako. Mr Giwa sad sad

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by elrony(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Alabi's stubborn goat ...lol (should be in pry 5 I guess) grin

Mr sada is a farmer,he lives in sapele,he has a big farm..he plants yam,cassava..(and marihuana)....

Well mr sada is now d richest man in sapele!! grin

Agbo lives in d town of lagoon which is not far from Ibadan..he goes to a primary school,he is in primary 4...everybody likes Agbo because he was always happy and friendly..Agbo was a lucky boy,because his parents were rich...one day his father bought him a watch and Agbo was very of it.

(Well,Agbo is now a native doctor at Ogbomosho )

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by cumz(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
ASUU... wetin I do u?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by HerexG(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remembered then when we having reading in class my heart always beat due to fear of chopping cain

Our auntie (Teacher) will then call out everybody one after the other in front of the class to read but then i was proper olodo, couldn't read. I was made a scapegoat until primary 4 when i learnt how to read by fire by force. What an experience

I love "Ifieanyi and Obi".
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Koffi and the Puppet.
On Road to Jos..
I used "Better English" and "Macmillian"

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by RealAlfranco: 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
o'boy:
No1 jamb question
if a goat(ewu) is kept on a scale to know its
weight,what can we possibly call that?
A)skelewu
B)skeptical
C)skeletal
D)skelano
Please someone should show dis guy da road,2 Yaba Left... But be careful,dis madness can be transmitted!!!

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
what about Ghandoki fighting with Durungu Habama.....I loved the way those guys wielded their cutlass......lol

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by campos2012: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mehn you u guys forgot gandoki the father of gaba I think is pry 5

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.