Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109418 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by sulakishop(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
OMG!

I remember the nationwide english and the NOEC, new oxford english course; I hope you rememba Ali and the angel...
A long time ago, there was a man, whose name was Ali. Although he was clever but he has very little money, so he wanted to get rich quickly.
One day....

I still remember effective english too....Titi lives in Ughelli, she is schooling in Erihero Grammar school. erihero grammar school is an old school...

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by hustla(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Sada is a farmer
He lives In Sapele
He has a big farm

grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by tobillionaire(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
old roger is dead nd gone to his grave hmm haa gone to his grave... Nd d railway poem

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by damosky12(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Chai! Good old days. *feeling so nostalgic*. Chai!! Can I forget Ali and Simbi? or their friend Omo? Can I forget Edet, Agbo, Uncle Akpan, Wakama etc. Can I forget Ralia, the suger girl. I wish I could rewind time back into those days. Chai! Those books and characters make my reading foundation. *nostalgic feeling* oh! Good Old Days.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by hustla(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
I actually used to think the stories were true oooo and maybe I will get to see Simbi
I actually had a crush on Simbi although she don turn Olosho now

grin grin grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by elrony(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
tobillionaire: old roger is dead nd gone to his grave hmm haa gone to his grave... Nd d railway poem

Lol go sleep joor...old roger na for kindergarten na grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by lekkie073(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
konki and tinka.....
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by EfemenaXY: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ah! Sweet memories!

~ The Drummer Boy

~ The Passport of Mallam Ilia

~ My Father's Car

Then you've got the wonderful Pacesetters series! I wonder what's become of the whole lot?

There was this story about a girl who drove to a Lagos market with her aunt. On getting there, there was some sort of commotion, so she got out to see what it was, only to find that a mob had caught a young man accused of stealing, and were determined to kill him (which they eventually did) by setting him alight with some tires around his neck.

She pleaded for them to spare his life but to no avail, so she went back to the car, crying her eyes out as she recounted the events of her past love with this man and how she nearly married him. I think the girl's name was Amina.

Does anyone remember the title of that particular Pacesetters book?

Anyway, here's an excerpt from my Primary 2 reader:

One day, Bello was going to school.
There was a fly standing on the wall.
The fly said to him, "Good Morning, are you going to school?"
Bello said, "Good Morning, yes I am."

Lol! The things I remember eh? cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ahmeduana(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=Rapmoney]Mr Giwa is a shopkeeper he as a shop in lawals village and also the BAKOS family
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vizboy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Chimoski87: Most people here are not getting the real deal. Have you all forgotten " Ghandoki" the warrior & fighter? You guys need to go to school during my own time
men I love these story mr ghandoki.
And uncle james that year may be dey use plank flog us call am cane. Primary school sweet sha

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
what about Gandoki? the warrior, when was that?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by mspee(f): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr. Nwosu and those two big fresh chickens sha. Makes me salivate then kiss they must have eaten them by now sha

Ralia, the sugar girl, makes me cry. cry shebi ayawa the witch is in hell fire now?

Chike and the river - has he finally entered the ferry now? undecided

This is ali, ali is a boy. This is simbi, simbi is a girl. This is mr. Salami, mr. Salami is a man. This is mrs. Salami, mrs. Salami is a woman.

Passport of mallam ilia - that boring aboki book angry

Without a silver spoon - love this book. Shebi ure chokwe don finish school buy golden spoon for him family now?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by damosky12(m): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
campos2012: Mehn you u guys forgot gandoki the father of gaba I think is pry 5
choi! GANDOKI. I remember that fighter. Oh good old days. I must say; we had the best set.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rawpidgin(m): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Today is friday, edet & his cousin sam, they are eating chicken & rice, can u see the bowl of rice on the table?....
my favourite novel then was cheer up brothers, even after almost 20years still can't forget this particular passage:
'we began to think in terms of guy names, that was the year i added the tittle rev. to my name & i became known as reverend wahihi, kalu madoki called himself the seven headed monstar, tuvata-talata became known as the impregnable, nicholas haruna styled himself terror of the night, benjamin kayode took the name burning bush & my twin brother omoefe called himself apilopilolo the flaming sword.
after listening to their sweet-sounding & terrifying guy names, i felt outdone, i felt the name rev. wahihi was sweet-sounding but not terrifying so to be in line with them i styled myself as reverend wahihi the devil's uncle

chai! those days sweet sha

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
this brings back a lot of memories, i smiled when i open this thread, remember solomon grandy, born on monday, lolz, and this one please who can start this song for me, i have forgotten part of the song, ................. They planted a mango seed over her head, uhm ha over her head, the mango grew ripe, uhm ha ready to drop, ready to drop, lolz, what about ade our naughty little brother who wanted to be superman, the lost boy e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by T4kbaba(m): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Alli and angel.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember my readers. . .

Macmillan english course
Oxford primary
Day by day english course

Then

Chike and the river
Incorruptible judge
The village boy

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by BlackHuman(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who can forget literature books like KOKU BABONI
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by damosky12(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nfom and mwe% Ebira and the snake pillow, who read "Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again"?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by BlackHuman(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who can forget literature books like KOKU BABONI?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by cachal: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who remember Gandoki?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rawpidgin(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Afunkybaby: this brings back a lot of memories, i smiled when i open this thread, remember solomon grandy, born on monday, lolz, and this one please who can start this song for me, i have forgotten part of the song, ................. They planted a mango seed over her head, uhm ha over her head, the mango grew ripe, uhm ha ready to drop, ready to drop, lolz,
old roger is dead & gone to his grave (umm, ahh gone to his grave)
they planted a mango tree over his head (umm, ahh over his head)......
abeg, phcn don take our light & my ba3 nor strong. lols
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Good old days tread, nice thinking @op, but wait oO' is it tru that simbi is now a runse Gurl? grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fond memories which brings tears to my eyes. *wipes off a tear and smiles* smiley

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by damosky12(m): 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
That buk nkor:
I Go Up, Up We Go, Am I to Go up, Yes I Am, Are we to Go up,...

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Bonjezee(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember those days in primary 2.
Mr Sada is a farmer he live in sapele,he has a big farm.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by EfemenaXY: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
ms_pee: Mr. Nwosu and those two big fresh chickens sha. Makes me salivate then kiss they must have eaten them by now sha

Ralia, the sugar girl, makes me cry. cry shebi ayawa the witch is in hell fire now?

Chike and the river - has he finally entered the ferry now? undecided

This is ali, ali is a boy. This is simbi, simbi is a girl. This is mr. Salami, mr. Salami is a man. This is mrs. Salami, mrs. Salami is a woman.

Passport of mallam ilia - that boring aboki book angry

Without a silver spoon - love this book. Shebi ure chokwe don finish school buy golden spoon for him family now?

Lol! Ayawa was a grossly misunderstood lady who was very unlucky in life. She was proven innocent in the end by Ralia's prince and was given a home at the edge of his town, I think.

Re: Passport of Mallam Ilia - haba! how can you say that now? I loved that book o! A romance that was never meant to be... cheesy

damosky12: That buk nkor:
I Go Up, Up We Go, Am I to Go up, Yes I Am, Are we to Go up,...

Lol! I remember that one so well!

Is it up?
Yes, it is.
Is it to go up?
smiley smiley
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by phtemie(m): 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Rapmoney: Does anyone still remember Mr. Nwosu who has four sons and two daughters? He came home during Xmas with chickens. That is pry 2. Mr. Salami is the father of Ali and Simbi.
Lolzz..I can recollect this..
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Blackygal: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
lolz simbi goes 2 skool n nw simbi is a graduate.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by MPEROR: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Anybody old enough to remember Tafadada and his lorry

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ezyp(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
sweet old days
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by dmahn(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Primary 1(Ali and Simbi Goes to school)..Na pictures I dey enjoy most back then.We use picture to play game(U remember I chus dis page u chus dat page)
....Edet lives in calabar,he is 8yrs old,every morning he goes to sch,buh in d afterternun he stay @ home,he likes 2 read,his father buys him goods from d bookshop, @ 4 oclock in d evening........and so on.We stilll get fresh memories then dat i could remember all the passage till now.
Pry4 na agbo tinz

U remember maatering in English also..Adamu the false alarm...sch life remain d best joo....thumbs up

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.