Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109430 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
sarah nd audu,obi. i miss dose kids
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vizkiz: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
I cnt believe u all posted different stuffs without my RALIAH THE SUGAR GIRL angry
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Zikdik(m): 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Edet lives in Calabar. He is eight years old. Every morning, he goes to school. But in the afternoon, he stays at home. He likes to read. His father bought him books from the bookshop. At four'o'clock in the afternoon.....(na where I sabi am reach be dis, d rest na to dey add bass for those people wey sabi everything dose days)
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chiemeka1: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Primary 3: Edet lives in Calabar he is eight years old. Every morning he goes to school in the evening he stays at home. Hello mother greet Sam. Please if I murdered this story make una 4give me. If I reach home I will search for.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by rezzy: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Samsantos9:
Lol I remember the one of Agbo from Lagoon Gbenga was his best friend he woke up late that morning and then he fell sick that day. Read that book around 2003 or 2004.

what? 2003 or 2004?
You still be baby o. I read that around '92

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by rezzy: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
romzyxy: Mr sada who was a farmer}a bag full of gold coin
Ali the king of the road
Owie the flute player
Obi and wakama
The journey to ikot-ekene
The theif
Agbo live in the town of laguun

Mr Sada was a farmer, he lives in Sapele. He grows yam, cassava, plantain etc
Agbo lives in the town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
joshneku: Who remembers "Gandoki was a great war chief who lived in northern Nigeria. He loves fighting. Everywhere there was war he was there ..."
*clears throat* .....n i heard years ago d gandoki read has been given da boots by da Fed Min of Ed as it smacks of.....common u know wamm talkin'"bout,dontcha....
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by sizzlers(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr. Alibi and the she goat, love dat story, mr alibi use to milk the goat every morning while the sturborn goat was too inquisitive to go to the moutains, finally was eaten by a lion

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by OMA4U(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Old memories........
My best of them was Koku Baboni. Others are Ralia, the sugar girl, Ali and Simbi, Agbo lived in the town of lagoon, Jaja of Opobo, Mr Sapele, and many more

later, I read Egun alare, Abokoku, Ogun eniyan mimo, and many more yorubas
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by rezzy: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
jhydebaba: I chop cain on top this one wella cheesy

This is a church
It isn't a mosque

This is a house
It isn't a school

Whatever cheesy

i give you hand ooo

Is this a house?
No it isn't
What is this?
It is a school
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Perfecter4real(m): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
ketoprofen: Prim 4 Macmillan was the most interesting

Agbo tnz on point
yeah right dude...good old days.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by cuteoly(f): 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember 'A few days later, Ada and Nnenna were returning home from school when they saw a house on fire... Suddenly a woman ran out of the house.. She was screaming "my baby my baby, help my baby" .....'
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Tinyemeka(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nonso23: I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*
AH! I didn't quite understand the significance of that part, till I got a bit older. Then it reeeally freaked me out. cry
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wow i really love this thread. The feeling of nostalgia is so unique. I wish i could go back in time.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Adamsdelrio(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ali's teacher is Mrs Okoro.She's wearing a yellow dress.She's pointing to the blackboard. Ali is looking at the blackboard.The boys are working.They are doing their sum........This is just like a poem to me, I can't get it off my head.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by crimo4us(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
kaywhynoni: Mr and Mrs BAKO, ALADE and BIOLA.......pry 5 and 6.........ALI and the angel's house, pry 4........Mr GIWA is a shop keeper in pry 3

I can never forget some passage inside Mr and Mrs Bako, Alade and Biola. "Ijenico, the hungry one", "Karanda and Kirindin" and most of all, the last passage "Home again" which read thus: Home again, the drive from Benin to Akure the capital of Ondo state, through the forest was more quicker than they had expected. Once they reached the outskirt of Akure, Alade got very excited and from there to Ilewa, they kept pointing out familiar places to each other, that factory wasn't finished when we left and now look, look, as they drove into the school compound, they've painted the school, am so glad to be home. East, west home is best said Mr. Bako and everyone agreed with him.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Webmoneycccom: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Remember in 2003 while in my primary five we read about Gadonki, where he said: "I am Gadonki the father of garba, Gadonki the war cheif of the armed foces, i lived a charmed life" Very interesting.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Gabreal1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr sada has a big farm, he lives in sapele, he grows yam,cassava,corn, and groundnut. can you see his farm in the picture. . .
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by DBounty(m): 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
May b i'm a bit older school. I rememba Ali and d angel. What of tea without sugar.... Also sugar girl(ralia...rememba d song mother witch dance 4 us. Nostalgic indeed. Hope d kids are hearin dis.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by crimo4us(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
topas100: I used nationvide english-about KONKI AND TINKA and brighter grammar

Konki was a male dull while Tinka was a female dull. That was for primary 1 or 2. in 1985 and 86. I read that and it was very exciting.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by shegsrules(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr nwosu if u can remember d story. D kids of dis days can imagine there story like in 15 yrs tym

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by crimo4us(m): 10:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
DBounty: May b i'm a bit older school. I rememba Ali and d angel. What of tea without sugar.... Also sugar girl(ralia...rememba d song mother witch dance 4 us. Nostalgic indeed. Hope d kids are hearin dis.

If you read Alli and the angel, then you must have read NOEC (Mr. And Mrs Bako, Alade and Biola) as they tour Nigeria during the holiday.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by nanidee(f): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
holamiday: Wow i really love this thread. The feeling of nostalgia is so unique. I wish i could go back in time.

Same here! Good old days cry cry cry
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Luizkid(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yea, its tru the stories about Simbi, a friend of hers shared this wit me....hmmm

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Omg!going thru' this thread and am like,'yea yea i read this'the good old days....WOW!!!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Zikdik: Edet lives in Calabar. He is eight years old. Every morning, he goes to school. But in the afternoon, he stays at home. He likes to read. His father bought him books from the bookshop. At four'o'clock in the afternoon.....(na where I sabi am reach be dis, d rest na to dey add bass for those people wey sabi everything dose days)

You try to read reach this level sef. By the way, I dey dance Skelewu.
Front page tins!!!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Jusome: 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
More than 400 years ago their live idris aluma....gandoko began his meeting from durungoma hambama...when hambama saw me he said bring dos men here I wil use dem for my breakfast
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by thoniann(m): 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
And how can we forget Rufus? The original bad boy...
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by kliq(m): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Vickii Ro: I remember
Sugar girl;Ralia
Drummer boy
Den I read dizzy angel in Pri 6.Then a frnd used 2 bring it 2 skul everyday,btt she wouldn't let me take it home cuz it was her dads'.
I jst laugh wen I rememba wat I used 2 all in d bid get a book I wanted.
Akin the drummer boy
Kole the super star

smiley
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by kending: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Uncle udoh in pry 3
Eze Promoe:
You guys are confusing someone here o.
Meanwhile, Someone said Obi who was a boy is now a governor.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rapmoney(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
It's so wonderful and good to know that folks out there still remember these stories! In fact, someone just reminded me of Alade and Biola in Oxford English on this thread. You guys are there...una get mouth!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by SHAAWA: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote
author=MOORCH MOORE]Mr. Giwa iz a shopkeeper lolz[/quote]

I feel you...but Mr. Giwa is trader he has a shop in David's village,
his store is full of things to sell.......

Tafa Dauda the lorry driver

Bintu is sitting on a box, she is making a fire........

Edet is 8yrs old he lives in calabar with his parent Mr. & mrs
Bassey, he has a younger brother Frank and an older sister Mary.....

Ali and the angel.......

Reminiscence of the good old days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.