Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

A Thread For Body Builders - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Body Builders (64144 Views)

Body-builders Please Get In Here / Forever Lite Ultra With Aminotein Shake Good For Sports People, Body Builders / Vitamin & Minerla Supplements For Body Builders! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by jamiedeen: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2014
Pls I sincerely need your advice on this issue that has bothered me for years now without end. I´d try as much to be brief and not bore you with my tale. It all started in 2004 after graduation and was waiting to get callup letter, I noticed changes in my body structure. At that time I was 24yrs and I had been lifting weights for 9years. My admiration for well built muscles led to my exploits and experimentation with various types of heavy metals of regular shapes at a very tender age. At 19yrs of age I was already well built with only 3years experience due to my been consistent. It was like a miracle each time I went to to backyard of our house where I arranged a private home gym of about 80-100kg, if added togerther, you clould see my muscles swell immeditely. Friends and neighbours marvelled as I got all eyes turned in my direction at every place. I became a local hero because my pysical appearance was so intimitating and full of strenght. I could remember working out for about 6hrs non stop and at some point my body was so heated up and was bursting of stem. With an unequalled passion, every set was performed with all the determination I could muster. I was loving the experience, it felt like I gained from every rep because my muscles tightened immediately I drop the set. Later on, about 10years ago I had a shoulder injury which, I think, caused me to lost all forms. I have become a shadow of myself as I now have a new look of a wretched man crushed under heavy weight of burden as I struggle to me a man again. What troubles me mostly is my most priced organ. It began to shrink. So, I reasoned it was as a result of improper squat form. Most often in the past I workout with friends until my body changes became so obvious that I could feel the irregularity in movement, flattened ass which was formerly robust and tight, loose laps, even though I still try all variations I read online yet no improvement rather the opposite. I've become a scorn and reproach to everyone. The hemming on my trousers loose at the inner section of both knees after I wear them for a while. The discomfort and irregularity is more pronounced from my waist downward. I once visited a doctor and he carried out pysical accessment, though there was no tests after I explained how I was feeling he said my organs were alright that I have a muscle disorder and that my stress threshold had dropped. Tried everything from reading from fitness sites, even watched some videos to correct the situation but to no avail. There's more but I'd like to stop here for now. Please I need your urgent advice.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Fran6u: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
chucky234: Hmmm the place for six packs hunters
**unfollow thread**

I believe such guys you've so well described already have a self esteem issue, as such, they employ bodybuilding as compensation for such deficiency, and work "rather too hard" to impress upon anyone within earshot, what great amount of work it cost them to achieve the look they have.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Fran6u:

I believe such guys you've so well described already have a self esteem issue, as such, they employ bodybuilding as compensation for such deficiency, and work "rather too hard" to impress upon anyone within earshot, what great amount of work it cost them to achieve the look they have.

Wrong! Since when did looking good, taking care of yourself and pursuing a healthy lifestyle become a thing for people with low self esteem, u just committed fallacy of hasty generalization

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Fran6u: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
ProfessorD:

Wrong! Since when did looking good, taking care of yourself and pursuing a healthy lifestyle become a thing for people with low self esteem, u just committed fallacy of hasty generalization

Dude, that post is in response to this;

"minute: I find guys who are completely ripped gross. Too many muscles make him look like he's compensating for something.

Most of the time, body builders have such an ego problem. They push out their chest and their arms go farther

on each side like they are ready to rumble. A simple "how are you today" will turn into a 20 minute lecture of what

he had for breakfast, what supplements he was 'currently' trying, what he had done in the gym and how long

he had done it for, how his body felt and how it was changing, what he had read up the internet about protein,

creatine muscle development and Men's health in general......I could go on and on.

It's a pity because under all that armour plating and external veneer, is a warm and kind person too scared to just be."
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ebsuguy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
joaquin64:

If you are serious I can email you a pdf book i used for skinny guys to gain mass. It teaches you everything you need to know about getting big. Worked very well for me because I took it seriously. You have to be serious and want it badly enough to grow bigger.

Hmmmm
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2014
Okay, I'm glad I found this Thread, You People have been awesome, and I've gained substantial Knowledge from reading through, thank you. I hop the Thread can be kept alive...

I'm 6"2, weigh 94Kg(medium-high Fat Percentage), from 96Kg when I resumed working out at the Gym some 2 Weeks ago. I had lost more than that but the Digits came back up; I realize this is as a result of Muscle Gains. At first my Goal was not to lose Weight, as such; but to firm up my Body generally and in some specific Regions; Research has shown me though, that I have to lose Fat to achieve that, so I'm incorporating Cardio(Track Runs) into my Routine starting next Week.

I've been doing a lot of Bench Presses, Squats and Deadlifts(I love these), along with stuff like Flies, Rows and Pullovers. I'll post a Log of my Workout when I'm at the Gym on Monday.

Please,I'd appreciate any Advice from Experience on when it's better to do Cardio; pre-Weights or Post?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Jamesdman(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Koonbey..
in my humble opinion, I think you should have a day for cardio. Probably weekends, why you use week days for lifting, focusing on a particular set of muscles each day.
Why this is important is because, if you do cardio (especially high intensity cardio) before lifting, you'll feel depleted after the cardio session and your weight lifting session we suffer, because you won't be able to push yourself 100%. On the other hand, if you lift before cardio, you might also not be able to give your all during your cardio session. So assigning a day to each workout and each muscle group would be better.
Alternatively, if you have the time, you can do cardio early in the day and lift later on that same day.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jamesdman: @Koonbey..
in my humble opinion, I think you should have a day for cardio. Probably weekends, why you use week days for lifting, focusing on a particular set of muscles each day.
Why this is important is because, if you do cardio (especially high intensity cardio) before lifting, you'll feel depleted after the cardio session and your weight lifting session we suffer, because you won't be able to push yourself 100%. On the other hand, if you lift before cardio, you might also not be able to give your all during your cardio session. So assigning a day to each workout and each muscle group would be better.
Alternatively, if you have the time, you can do cardio early in the day and lift later on that same day.
Thanks Man, I think I'll do light Cardio after my regular Workouts, and then have a Cardio Day in the Weekend, like you said.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by donifez(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Interesting just registered in a gym centre one week ago...will keep you all posted on how it goes.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by fubbyy(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2014
donifez: Interesting just registered in a gym centre one week ago...will keep you all posted on how it goes.
please how much do they collect and where's that?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by donifez(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
fubbyy: please how much do they collect and where's that?
Ghana....
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
DBlackCeazer: i tried that ish once,wasnt impressed.
it depend on ur bodytype though, casilan90 works 4 many people i know, bt me myself, am just about start takin it sha
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Chuksemi(m): 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
let me register my presence here..
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
I heard of Muscle Blast, any Info about it?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by andronite: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
hi guys, how are the body building programs going?

I have 2 questions
are there any professional trainers in the house?
to achieve the best results, do you have specific plans for each body type (diet,schedule etc)?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Blackteeth(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
andronite: hi guys, how are the body building programs going?

I have 2 questions
are there any professional trainers in the house?
to achieve the best results, do you have specific plans for each body type (diet,schedule etc)?
You sent me a private message. I can't access my mailbox. Whats the message about?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Guys, drop ur whatsapp contact no. and get added so we can discuss better
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by andronite: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by andronite: 11:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
Blackteeth:

You sent me a private message. I can't access my mailbox. Whats the message about?

hey sorry. do you use whatsapp? mine - 08093860087
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Badosqi(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2015
Nice thread! I love Bodybuilding too but the only problem is that I don't have access to gym and supplements in my area.
All I rely on is home workout and youtube videos for gud workouts suggestions.
Let me share how I do my thing for ppl sharing the same issues with me:
B4 I used to rely on high reps with little sets(pushups always 50 in morning, 50reps afternoon and another 50reps in the evening/night) total 150reps per day same thing with my abdominal exercises.. Later read on some bodybuilding blogs on importance of sets.
My new push ups workout is now 30 reps of 10 sets in 20mins. Well 30reps is not much but the wahala is the number of sets in short time. Once you complete a set you rest for 30sec and start the next set till you get to 10sets within 20-30mins. Easy in the beginning but hard towards the end. This method is very effective and hard unlike the many reps(50-70) with little sets. So once the 30reps is no more pushing the body like b4 you'll to increase your reps to maybe 35-40reps. You will notice quick change in ur upper part(pecs, bicep and shoulder) with this routine with this routine in quick weeks.
Now i use the workout in this youtube video, a very nice workout video for people who do have access to equipments. It follows what i wrote up there of reps of many sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cycr-FZftxg&itct=CDUQpDAYAiITCMb91d-P8MMCFQFYfgodMKsAr1IlYmVzdCBjaGVzdCB3b3Jrb3V0IDMwIG1pbnV0ZXMgcm91dGluZQ%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
I will love to see some that can finish all the exercises in that video in 30mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by chymystique(f): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2015
hi everyone... please does anyone here know any good gym @ ota where one can register?? Thanks
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by allthingsfitnez(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
*Are you overweight or disfigured by a stubborn belly fat?

*Do you desire an hour glass shape as opposed to the straight figure you now have?

*Do you want to build 6pack abs?

Come join the meantrainer's club where many are getting rapid results for just N3,000 per month.

For more details, visit; http://www.allthingsfitnez.com/mean-trainers-club/

New members are only added on Sundays.
So hurry and be a part of d next batch!

Inquiries;
Whatsapp/call; 08164297612
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by allthingsfitnez(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
The MEANTRAINER'S CLUB is an online whatsapp based club for men n for women. We offer 4clubs.

*Weightloss/tummy trimming club for women
*Weightloss/tummy trimming club for men
*Curvy ladies club
*6packs Club for men

U MUSTN'T BE IN A GYM TO ACHIEVE UR FITNESS GOAL.

OUR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE.

FOR JUST 3,000 PER MONTH U CAN ACHIEVE UR FITNESS GOALS.

WWW.ALLTHINGSFITNEZ.COM
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
Sup FAM,

Please help a bro. I need whey protein n some green supplements. kindly state where I can get them...

I am based in Lagos...not necessarily whey tho...I will really appreciate if you can also suggest any alternative protein edible and supplements too for improved health...

many thanks.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
I am a natural body builder, (i.e. I dont use any form of suppliments, HGH or stimulants), I rely on body weight exercises and good food rich in carbohydrates and protein (lots of egg whites, milk, bananas (my protein shake), white bread, rice, cheese, fish etc.

Due to my work schedule, I dont have time to work out in a real gym so I employ lots of body weight exercises which has blasted my body size very well. I do this after my 7am - 6pm job, at home.

For now here are my stats:

height 5'10"
weight 81kg
Chest 48"
waist: 28"
Upper arm (aka biceps: 18"wink
fore arms: 13"
thighs: 27"

Here is a little book I use, its a must for busy bodybuilders who work a 9 - 5 job:
http://efshare.com/?s=447GKW
the code is: 447GKW
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2015
No supplements, no steroids just food and exercise

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
8ightball:
No supplements, no steroids just food and exercise
Welldone. At least not bad for a guy who don't lift but relies on body-weight exercises and good diet. Welcome on board.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Welldone. At least not bad for a guy who don't lift but relies on body-weight exercises and good diet. Welcome on board.

I just bought this from shoprite, lets see if it works

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
OK I have started to notice that I am no longer growing as fast as before so I guess its time I start working out with weights as I seem to have hit my peak growth from body weight exercises.

The catch 22 is that I have a full time 7-6 job so going to a gym is ruled out. I want to have either dumbbells or barbells I can use in my workout at home.
I have gone online and all I can see are these sissy looking chrome weights which I instantly dislike.
Where can I get real weights that aren't chrome or do I have to meet a welder?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
Left for me, i do not fancy those chrome dumbbells. I prefer those fly-wheels plates from those mechanic shops which are then fabricated by a good welder into a cute piece of barbell. Then for dumbbells, you could do some nice casting with concrete mixed with gravel. Moreover these are far more cheaper to make than those fanciful metals.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 6:03am On Sep 07, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Left for me, i do not fancy those chrome dumbbells. I prefer those fly-wheels plates from those mechanic shops which are then fabricated by a good welder into a cute piece of barbell. Then for dumbbells, you could do some nice casting with concrete mixed with gravel. Moreover these are far more cheaper to make than those fanciful metals.

Thanks bro. The only snag I see is that the weights constructed by welders would be fixed weights, i.e. you cant add or subtract from the stack. Am I right?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 8ightball: 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
Who else is watching Olympia 2015 ?

Ok Phil Heath won, not surprising considering the way Kai Greene was edged out a few days to the competition.
IFBB is so messed up right now. Dexter Jackson looked great and could have made it his second ever Sandow

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Black Soot: What My Ceiling Fan In Port Harcourt Looks Like (Photos) / What Is The Most Strong Weight Loss Pills ? / Two Nigerian Soldiers Test Positive For Coronavirus In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.