Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

A Thread For Body Builders - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Body Builders (64173 Views)

Body-builders Please Get In Here / Forever Lite Ultra With Aminotein Shake Good For Sports People, Body Builders / Vitamin & Minerla Supplements For Body Builders! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
For anyone who is interested in getting strong and fit, I'd say try the SL 5x5 training program. Its a no BS, right bang straight to the point full body workouts. It will make you strong like you won't even believe it. The stronger you are, the more muscle you get. Try it out.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
WHY I DECIDED TO TRANSFORM
Skinny kids are teased for their small size, but then there was me, the skeleton. Until my senior year of high school, I was literally the skinniest guy in every class and most girls were bigger than me. There was actually a time in my anatomy class where we had to measure our arms for a lab
and my girl partner had bigger arms than me.
This killed me because I was an easy target for jokes and insults and felt disheartened because my body stopped me from being the best I could be in every aspect of life. At that moment, I promised myself I would change and my journey wouldn't stop until I became the best I could physically be.

HOW I ACCOMPLISHED MY GOALS
Near the end of my senior year, I trained regularly at the YMCA and grew slowly. A couple months later, I got a 24-Hour Fitness membership and saw serious results.
I went every day, took an off day once per week, and ate like there was no tomorrow. When I didn't see noticeable gains for some time, I thought about giving up and accepting that I will always be the skinny kid. I tried to prove to myself that
not working out and eating so much would be easier, but thanks to countless bodybuilding videos, I stayed with it. Zyzz became an inspiration to get me back to the gym with more drive than ever.
I kept Bodybuilding.com bookmarked and read new articles to improve my physique every day after school. Eating six times per day and training like an animal made me want it more and more every day.
www.bodybuilding.com

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 0monnakoda: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2013
Bodybuilding’s dark side: Clues to anabolic steroid use

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/index.php?id=22661&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=181400
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 0monnakoda: 2:28am On Oct 31, 2013
minute: I find guys who are completely ripped gross. Too many muscles make him look like he's compensating for something.

Most of the time, body builders have such an ego problem. They push out their chest and their arms go farther

on each side like they are ready to rumble. A simple "how are you today" will turn into a 20 minute lecture of what

he had for breakfast, what supplements he was 'currently' trying, what he had done in the gym and how long

he had done it for, how his body felt and how it was changing, what he had read up the internet about protein,

creatine muscle development and Men's health in general......I could go on and on.

It's a pity because under all that armour plating and external veneer, is a warm and kind person too scared to just be.
some psychiatristss think it is a reverse form of anorexia nervosa. You see a massive lump of muscle who lookks in the mirror and sees a skinny runt. Not all but far too many have issues
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
0monnakoda:
some psychiatristss think it is a reverse form of anorexia nervosa. You see a massive lump of muscle who lookks in the mirror and sees a skinny runt. Not all but far too many have issues
.So many people these days go into body-building or rather strength training for some silly reasons.For me the best reason for a rational individual 2 venture into body-building shud be for physical-fitness.i started trainin since 2007 and i haven't looked back since den.Most of ma friends i trained with have all dropped d baton because they thought attracting hot chicks,wearing fitted shirts and posting half-nude pics of demselves on social media sites were what body-building cud offer.Body-building is my passion,i endured despite my small-gains in muscle-mass because i knew dis was going 2 be a life-time project.Persistence,resilience,determination and hard-work has being ma ingredients.TODAY wen ma friends see me dey are always saying ninejaywon u are still muscular all thrru dese years,whatz d secret.i just smile and tell dem am still in d game cos of d health benefits of body-building.i know deep down in ma heart i still have alot to offer dis beautiful sport.I hail all body-builders around d world.u are d envy of so many dudes and haters.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 0monnakoda: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ninejaywon: .So many people these days go into body-building or rather strength training for some silly reasons.For me the best reason for a rational individual 2 venture into body-building shud be for physical-fitness.i started trainin since 2007 and i haven't looked back since den.Most of ma friends i trained with have all dropped d baton because they thought attracting hot chicks,wearing fitted shirts and posting half-nude pics of demselves on social media sites were what body-building cud offer.Body-building is my passion,i endured despite my small-gains in muscle-mass because i knew dis was going 2 be a life-time project.Persistence,resilience,determination and hard-work has being ma ingredients.TODAY wen ma friends see me dey are always saying ninejaywon u are still muscular all thrru dese years,whatz d secret.i just smile and tell dem am still in d game cos of d health benefits of body-building.i know deep down in ma heart i still have alot to offer dis beautiful sport.I hail all body-builders around d world.u are d envy of so many dudes and haters.
Well done and more grease.
I think strength training is different from Body building though. Body builders are generally not as fit or strong as weightlifters.It is to a weightlifters advantage to be lighter as this means competing in a lower category or scoring more for lifting the same weight with a heavier guy. The main problem with bodybuilding is what happens as you get older. You need testosterone to keep muscle and that starts going down from age 30 so you looking at man breasts and all that. Having said all of that I have no problem with working out as long as no steroids etc are involved but this will mean slow progress for most people and I don't think anyone can make it into the Elite group of body builders without steroids.
Generally an athlete can be muscular and slim and look very good physically e.g footballers ,swimmers and many boxers. Personally I prefer the athletic look of a Balotelli to that of an Arnold Schwarz.
A lot of bodybuilders have psychological problems. Maybe not in Nigeria but certainly in the west and these are made worse when they start using steroids mainly anger and mood problems .Many use analgesics chronically and this often includes opiates.The part that puts me off is testoterone injections signal to the body to STOP producing testoserone,the testicles shrink and sperm production ceases. But Why?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2013
Morning great body builders.
Is it advisable to squat twice a week?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by deebrain(m): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Morning great body builders.

I do it twice a week. And its out of necessity cos im not a fan of working leg muscles. However, need a strong lower body to carry yr muscular upper body about.. dedicating two days a week to attend to the legs is not bad. But for any day i would do squats, any upper body exercise i may do will be with light weights.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Morning great body builders.
You can squat 3 times a week. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by deebrain(m): 12:50am On Nov 09, 2013
good results come by how much u are able to lift correctly.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Swiftboy(m): 4:44am On Nov 09, 2013
stephano100:
u dey find six packs wen na money sure pass,od* shey dangote get 6packs.....funmi ni uku uku....#jahbless ft reminisce tongue
lol funny but its a plus for him to have now. Is it not?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2013
deebrain:

I do it twice a week. And its out of necessity cos im not a fan of working leg muscles. However, need a strong lower body to carry yr muscular upper body about.. dedicating two days a week to attend to the legs is not bad. But for any day i would do squats, any upper body exercise i may do will be with light weights.
FBS:
You can squat 3 times a week. Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
deebrain: good results come by how much u are able to lift correctly.
Very True that!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by chefdoeuvre: 2:48am On Nov 12, 2013
cool Ds is all very interesting and enticing..but 4 me.. My lectures-nightclass-lecture schedule leaves absolutly no room 4 mch exercise not to tok of a fitness plan..beta nt physically fit n ace ma professionals dn b withdrawn wit ma shredded 6pack..grin hpfully wen m done wit sch dt'l improve..keep up d gud wrk ppo

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
chefd'oeuvre:
cool Ds is all very interesting and enticing..but 4 me.. My lectures-nightclass-lecture schedule leaves absolutly no room 4 mch exercise not to tok of a fitness plan..beta nt physically fit n ace ma professionals dn b withdrawn wit ma shredded 6pack..grin hpfully wen m done wit sch dt'l improve..keep up d gud wrk ppo

Tenks...
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by fubbyy(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2013
i quit lifting because my left chest is geting bigger than the right side,the problem is nt frm the bench or barbell cos am nt the only person using it,wat is the cos?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Segunagagu(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Plssssssssssssssss body builders. ..I want to build my chest. .my chest is like breast and falling. .I want it to stand. plsss wat can I do. plus I want to flatten my stomach too and have thick muscles. I have a small bench am pushing at home . But am nt seeing result at alll..plsssssa help. .especially my chest. .thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Ugosample(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
how do i deal with the stretch marks, the side effect of my body building? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by deebrain(m): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
fubbyy: i quit lifting because my left chest is geting bigger than the right side,the problem is nt frm the bench or barbell cos am nt the only person using it,wat is the cos?

Its cos yr left chest is doing more work lifting the bar...the right is depending on the left to lift the weight. When the right is tired, it simply supports the left. U wont feel any need to worry-"shebi i sha lift am". The result is what u have there.

I will suggest doing the dumbell press-instead of the barbell press. Preferably, try doing the one arm dumbell bench press. With these, both right and left chest muscles will work independently. U would also be able to concentrate on the weak chest too.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by deebrain(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Segun agagu: Plssssssssssssssss body builders. ..I want to build my chest. .my chest is like breast and falling. .I want it to stand. plsss wat can I do. plus I want to flatten my stomach too and have thick muscles. I have a small bench am pushing at home . But am nt seeing result at alll..plsssssa help. .especially my chest. .thanks.

The bench u push in what sense? To flatten yr stomach, do crunches (type it in google to get the meaning)...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
deebrain:

The bench u push in what sense? To flatten yr stomach, do crunches (type it in google to get the meaning)...
I'd say to flatten the stomach try the different variations of the plank.
And if he must do crunches then probably the reverse crunch but watch your lower back.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2013
what hapun naw where is everybody ke!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
We dey! Christmas in coming you know. Shopping etc... grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
ok na happi holiday to everyone o!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by fubbyy(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2013
where n hw much can h get whey protein?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Quatermaine: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hello y'all, nice thread I must say. I commend you all for your wonderful efforts.

Please, I need help, I am skinny and I wanna look in between, not too big and also not too small.

Please, I need recommendation from you guys.. Foods to eat, Exercise to do, how many times in a day should one exercise, acceptable Reps for each exercise etc.

Thanks!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by FBS: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^^ Personally, I will recommend the 5x5 SL program. Its a straightforward no BS program. Try it for 3 months and you will see.

Just google it. SL 5x5.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by joaquin64(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
Quatermaine: Hello y'all, nice thread I must say. I commend you all for your wonderful efforts.

Please, I need help, I am skinny and I wanna look in between, not too big and also not too small.

Please, I need recommendation from you guys.. Foods to eat, Exercise to do, how many times in a day should one exercise, acceptable Reps for each exercise etc.

Thanks!

If you are serious I can email you a pdf book i used for skinny guys to gain mass. It teaches you everything you need to know about getting big. Worked very well for me because I took it seriously. You have to be serious and want it badly enough to grow bigger.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by iskalamong(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
joaquin64:

If you are serious I can email you a pdf book i used for skinny guys to gain mass. It teaches you everything you need to know about getting big. Worked very well for me because I took it seriously. You have to be serious and want it badly enough to grow bigger.
wow! I'd luv 2hav it. Send to

buddybabaiskalamong@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by chefdoeuvre: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2013
joaquin64:

gmicprodigy@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ikeno(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2013
I rily gbadun this thread. I need to add some muscles,but due to the nature of my work I can't hit the gym.

Are there any workout routine I could be doing in the comfort of home. Can it work for me since am not a food freak.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Can anyone give insights to good gyms in lagos?

(I'm not talking patch up zones with a couple Treadmills and bikes) - full equipments. Or do I have to invest in a Home gym?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

What Is The Most Strong Weight Loss Pills ? / Two Nigerian Soldiers Test Positive For Coronavirus In Borno / Maggots Coming Out From A Woman's Head (Viewers Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.