Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. (13149 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Some believers don't think it is necessary for them to belong to a particular local assembly - church. While some attend a different church every week without commitment to any, some don't attend at all. As Christains, it's important for you to identify with a local assembly, a church you can call your HOME and participate fully in the activities. Otherwise, you'll deprive yourself of a lot of God's blessings and you'll be walking out of line with His Word. Here are some of the reasons you must go to church:

1) GOD SAID SO:
The Scripture is unambiguous in letting us know that God desires His children to attend church meetings. In Hebrews 10:25, the admonition is clear not to forsake the assembly (meetings) of the brethren, and even goes on to indicate that some were erroneously doing so.

2) JESUS DID, SHOWING US A PATTERN TO FOLLOW:
The scriptures show that the Lord Jesus had a culture of going to "church." It was part of His personal discipline and devotion - His custom: "And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read" (Luke 4:16). The Master took going to "church" as an important activity, and having been called into fellowship with Him we should follow His example and live as He did.

3) IT IS THE VEHICLE BY WHICH YOU FUNCTION IN THE BODY OF CHRIST:
A Christain is not a committed Christain until he demostrates his commitment in the local assembly, because the local assembly forms an integral part of the spiritual body of Christ, which is God's representative on earth. You can't function in that body until you function in the local assembly. The early church was made up of local assemblies, and several were mentioned in the epistles, for example Romans 16:5 and Revelation 3.

4) THE CHURCH IS THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH (1 Timothy 3:15):
God wants His children to know the truth about life, because the truth makes you free from bondage and sets you at liberty. In the Church, you're taught the truth. In the absence of the truth, a man will believe a lie and bd a victim of it. For example the scriptures tell us that Jesus has abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. In th Church, these truths are not only taught, but explanee. The teaching of God's Word is crutial for victorious living, and the Church is the primary placd for this.

5) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER CHRISTAINS:
Fellowship with other Christains is crucial to the growth of a believer. In Hebrews 10:24-25 we're admonished to provoke one another to love, and to good works. We're also to encourage one another. In Proverbs 27:17, the scriptures indicate that we sharpen ourselves as we fellowship. The company a man keeps will affect his life and grouth (1Corrinthians 15:33). So keeping and being found in the right company is desirable, and going to church facilitates this.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
6) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE CHRISTAIN GROWTH AND CHARACTER ARE ENHANCED:
In Ephasians 4:11-16, the scriptures clearly state that God ordains certain offices for the benefit of the Christain, for growth and to sharpen his spiritual development. These offices are found in the Church, and men are ordained into them for the local assembly, for the benefit of those in that local assembly.

7) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE YOU HEAR THE WORD REQUIRED FOR FAITH AND LIFE:
God requires us to live by faith, for without faith it's impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). The preaching of the Word imparts faith and the teaching of the Word helps that faith growr as you understand and put what you've learnt to work.

cool THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF TRAINING:
In 2 Timothy 3:16, the Bible lets us know that the Word of God is given to train and instruct you. In the Church, God sets instructors who are able to instruct you in the truth, and help you culture your life. The Church is a place where discipline and proper conduct are imparted. These are required for your spiritual growth and effective service for the Lord (1 Corinthians 14:40).

9) THE CHURCH IS A SOLUTION TO LIFE'S QUESTIONS:
In the Epistles we see the Apostles sending letters to the churches to address questions that the brethren had. It hasn't changed. The church is uniquely equipped by the Holy Spirit to communicate wisdom from God for questions a Christain might have. Getting answers from the world is a dreadend, since the wisdom of the world can't satisfactorily provide solutions to life's issues, because it's destined to fail (1 Corinthians 2:6).

10) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE CORPERATE ANOINTING:
As brethren dwell together in unity, the scriptures tell us in Psalm 133 that it provokes a corperate anointing that blesses everyone. The anointing is contagious and in the Church, by association, a Christain can do much more with other believerr than he could by himself.

11) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF REFUGE, COMFORT AND REFRESHING:
A Christain is guaranteed to receive encouragement and words of refreshing in church. This is often needed after the travails of the market-place of life. The church is a place where you can receive the undiluted truth, and learn new things that are progressively to your benefit. The church is a place of upliftment, encouragement and refuge. No wonder David was always delighted about being in church (Psalm 122:1, Psalm 27:4).
SOURCE: Rhapsody of Reality October 2013 by Pastor Christ & Anita Oyakhilome.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by sholay2011(m): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
In as much as it's vital to go to church and participate fully...

How I wish the churches of nowadays are truly those things you listed up here undecided

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Majority are.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by tejpot(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2013
There is nowhere else to fulfill the thirst for optimal Godly function than the church. Happy Sunday. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by chelseabmw(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
I did not go to church today sad but will go next sunday by his grace...........

UP Chelsea
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Mamaflex(f): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
Noted... I will start going to church as from next week. So help me God.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ehmasjet(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2013
The problem is not to go to church,the issue is to find a real church that tells the truth.There are so many denominations today that are springing up not to prepare the children of God for salvation that assures you the kingdom of God,but they are rising up to tell people how to prosper and become wealthy so that their own purse will grow...........

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 20, 2013
Ground of true!
Thats the source of the problem.
When u find anytin contrary to the truth you church preaches,it demotivates.
Between truth has become subjective,with different denomination coming up with their own interpretation of the visible truth we knw(Bible)
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Vicjay1(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Story story.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2013
Can't remember d last time I went to any church. 70% of church goers re just goin dere for goin sake. It has no positive effect in their life, by the way most Nigerian churches re wack, doe I still respect scoan...atleast they re affectin sme pple's life positively.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Youngzedd(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2013
ehmasjet: The problem is not to go to church,the issue is to find a real church that tells the truth.There are so many denominations today that are springing up not to prepare the children of God for salvation that assures you the kingdom of God,but they are rising up to tell people how to prosper and become wealthy so that their own purse will grow...........
GBAM!

Some are even there to milk the members.

Donate here and there even if it's 5 Naira just make sure you per take.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Dhortunn(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by mmark12(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2013
Church going is not important in my opinion but your personal relationship with GOD.

There are more churches in Nigeria than the entire EU nations combined but sadly

Nigeria is among the most corrupt nation on earth.

it is one of the most wicked, dishonest, unloving uncaring country; ask the pensioners, visit the clinics or listen to Brekete show.

Church going does not change an individual or a nation, the 11 list is just silly in my opinion.

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Jake101(f): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Mamaflex]Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.
Happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Vicjay1(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2013
Jake101: Mamaflex]Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.
Happy birthday.
happy birth day.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by free2ryhme: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2013
the bible says do not forsake the assembly of the brethren
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by aliumik: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Mamaflex: Hurray!! Today is my birthday. I'm so happy.
Happy birthday,we go flex am as u b Mamaflex

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by naijathings(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2013
one intelligent atheist or agnostic person will come up with reasons why we should all stay at home and furk all day
or facebook or grab our car keys and go to the beach or chill in the backyard with some weed and McDowell or "peppersoup" and talk sh*t and laugh as we get high
or stay at home and play PS3 while listening to loud music..
[size=18pt]whateverrrrrr works for you[/size]

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by osifred(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2013
@Op next time try to reference the write up.
This write up is from the 2013 October edition of Christ Embassy's Rhapsody of Realities as written by Pastor Chris

Remain bless

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by buchito1(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2013
Na only God knw ow e go punish me.... I dey inside churcb dey nairaland... Anyways seun must follow me bear d punishment , cause na im cause am...
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by buchito1(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2013
Na only God knw ow e go punish me.... I dey inside church dey nairaland... Anyways seun must follow me bear d punishment , cause na im cause am...
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Sllowppoisoon: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2013
K
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by Tekzyflex(m): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2013
Going to church is not a guarantee for you to make heaven which many Nigerians don't knw.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by E10Billions(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2013
mmark12: Church going is not important in my opinion but your personal relationship with GOD.

Nigeria is among the most corrupt nation on earth.

it is one of the most wicked, dishonest, unloving uncaring country.

Church going does not change an individual or a nation, the 11 list is just silly in my opinion.
You may be correct in some sense,but come to think of this;should we stop going to church or close down all churches because Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nation? Not ofcourse.Change is what we need and pray for,and not castigating which is the worst thing a person will do. You can better build a true relationship with God through the church because only in the church you will be thaught how to get the good relationship with God.You can't stay in the house and then build a relationship with God;then Jesus wouldn't have gone to a church.If Jesus our great example goes to church,then we've no excuse for going to church.God bless you.Desmond G.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by ayusco85(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
@OP.
The answer is "All of the above" grin grin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by AbuMikey(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2013

#sighs!

I go to church because I deem it necessary!!

#DatzAll

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by mmsen: 11:54am On Oct 20, 2013
Two reasons:

1) So the pastor can collect that much needed tithe money and how ever many offerings he or she decides to collect (plus 'welfare')
2) So as to disturb the peace of those unfortunate to live in the vicinity of a church.

If you took away the noise and the money and made church a service of quiet reflection and contemplation the churches in Nigeria would empty overnight.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by NigerianAsshole(f): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2013
1) GOD SAID SO:
Not doubting you

2) JESUS DID, SHOWING US A PATTERN TO FOLLOW:

Did he go every sunday?

3) IT IS THE VEHICLE BY WHICH YOU FUNCTION IN THE BODY OF CHRIST:

Really?

4) THE CHURCH IS THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH (1 Timothy 3:15):

Church is not a building

5) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER CHRISTAINS:

Christains are not only found in the church

6) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE CHRISTAIN GROWTH AND CHARACTER ARE ENHANCED:

The news about pastors in the news papers would really disagree with you

7) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE YOU HEAR THE WORD REQUIRED FOR FAITH AND LIFE:

B.S, i hear the word with the radio, tv and most importantly the internet

coolTHE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF TRAINING:

Training for what exactly? If i cant write it in my CV, forget it

9) THE CHURCH IS A SOLUTION TO LIFE'S QUESTIONS:

Really? Can it help me get a job?

10) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE CORPERATE ANOINTING:

the church is not the building

11) THE CHURCH IS A PLACE OF REFUGE, COMFORT AND REFRESHING:

Once again, the church is not the building

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Go To Church. by kennyonthrone(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2013
R

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Direct Protests To Govt. Not Adeboye – CAN To Musicians / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.