Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates (1271 Views)

.. / Uniport Graduates 41 First Class Out Of 18000 Graduating Students / Unilorin Produces 23 First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
The University of Ilorin has began activities marking her 29th founder's day and convocation ceremony........................the highlight of which would be the award of degrees to deserving graduands.

A total of 6,713 students will be receiving the first and postgraduate degrees as well as Diplomas in various disciplines at this year's convocation ceremonies. Of these, 5,063 are first degree graduands, 756 are Masters degree graduands, 95 Ph.Ds and 84 postgraduate Diplomas.

Forty-one of the 5063 first degree graduands are passing out with the First Class honours degrees while a total of 1,088 are graduating with Second Class Upper degrees, 2,435 graduands will be awarded the Second Class Lower degree, 1,082 will bag the Third Class degree while 214 will get the Pass grade.

A further breakdown of the performance of the graduands shows that 25 of the First Class graduates are from the Faculty of Science, five from the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, while four each are from the Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences respectively.

The Faculty of Engineering and Technology produced two First Class graduands this year while the Faculty of Law produced one First Class graduate, the first time since the establishment of the Faculty.

The Faculty of Science also produced the highest total number of graduating students - (1,258) followed by the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences (942), the Faculty of Education (871), and the Faculty of Arts (628).

Others are: Faculty of Engineering and Technology (314); Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences (246); Faculty of Agriculture (244); Faculty of Law (210); Faculty of Clinical Sciences (203); the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (147) and 687 from the Institute of Education (Sandwich).

Source: http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/237-unilorinnews/1962-walter-carrington-to-deliver-29th-convocation-lecture-as-unilorin-produces-41-first-class-graduates
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by ProfEinstein: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Unilorin : the only sane university in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is a clear departure from the past in which to get first class was a near impossibility even in otherwise 'easy' disciplines. I salute Prof Ambali, the vc, for giving these stdnts their due reward for hardwork
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Claroo(m): 2:27am On Oct 20, 2013
I was unable 2 graduate wif 1st Class I
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by jaryeh(m): 2:31am On Oct 20, 2013
Congrats to the graduands,especially the first class holders.
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2013
While i think this is a new era in the university, i knw many unilorin alumni wld never forgive their alma mata for nt giving them a first class. Many were rounded down to 2.1 while others cant just explain what happend to their 'strong GPs'
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
In my 7 undagraduate years(06/07-12/13), the total number of 1st class grads werent up to to 20 bt within a yr since this VC came on board we are talking about 41. Wow, what has he done right to get this result?
Re: Unilorin Produces 41 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
jaryeh: Congrats to the graduands,especially the first class holders.

(1) (Reply)

What Is My Fate As A Physics Educationist? / UNILORIN 1st Semester CA Test Timetable – 2014/2015 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.