Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242407 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by jaywonder1: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Create more awareness for your business by purchasing Nigerian Numbers sorted according to Local Government for almost free, Cheaper than you can imagine.
Call
www.megaboost.org.ng
www.smsblast.com.ng

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2014
You can use an FTP such as Filezilla to upload your files. This may take a while depending on the speed of your internet connection.

You can download Filezilla free from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server.

adeblow: please I want to upload joomla on a live site, and I have tried doing so but the problem I have is I can't upload the whole folder at once except I zip it which I have tried but its not working, except I start uploading file by file which is going to take a long time. Please does anybody have any ideas or is there something am doing wrongly?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Suprabhat: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
How can i upload one Php file to my WP and how to upload if File Zila is not working for me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
You can use the "File Manager" in your Cpanel to upload individual files.

Suprabhat: How can i upload one Php file to my WP and how to upload if File Zila is not working for me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Zinofego. The installation process is quite frustrating tho.. I've cleared my browser's cache, and still the same ish.. 7 installation times and its still stuck @ creating databases.. I've used mozilla, safari, google chrome.. NB: I use USBWEBSERVER as my localhost server..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
A few more times with Google Chrome, it should install.

Try AMPPS, you can install Joomla from http://localhost/ampps.

Djangocode: @Zinofego. The installation process is quite frustrating tho.. I've cleared my browser's cache, and still the same ish.. 7 installation times and its still stuck @ creating databases.. I've used mozilla, safari, google chrome.. NB: I use USBWEBSERVER as my localhost server..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ikennaiked: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Web hosting as low as ₦900 per year. www.globalhosting247.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by naijainfogalery: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
following

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
What platform is Myschool.com.ng built on?

-Joomla
-wordpress
-html
-drupal
-Php
-other(specify)

Lets hear you out!
Am asking because i need something like the but a different niche.

Thanks again
- Bright
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by freshblazine(f): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2014
@ZinoFego.
Great work you are doing on this forum. God bless you immensely. I just recently started following this thread from the ist page. Have successfully downloaded Joomla and Ampps and also created a database. Now where i am to install Joomla, i am encountering a challenge.
On the first page where i put in sitename, password and the rest, all went well. But on the database configuration page where i put in Hostname, Database name, user prefix etc. After doing it exactly as you instruced and clicking next, it kept telling me 'Could not connect to database. Connection returned number. Could not connect to MySQL. Please, what do i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by freshblazine(f): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Help me out
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
The "Could not connect to database. Connector returned number. Could not connect to MySQL" error message generally means that either you supplied the wrong database name or database username or its password in the places you put those values. It could be a combination of any of the values.

If the site is already running, that means that those values mentioned above have issues in your configuration.php file.

If you are on localhost; ensure that MySQL is running on your server.

Please check those parameters and try again.

freshblazine: @ZinoFego.
Great work you are doing on this forum. God bless you immensely. I just recently started following this thread from the ist page. Have successfully downloaded Joomla and Ampps and also created a database. Now where i am to install Joomla, i am encountering a challenge.
On the first page where i put in sitename, password and the rest, all went well. But on the database configuration page where i put in Hostname, Database name, user prefix etc. After doing it exactly as you instruced and clicking next, it kept telling me 'Could not connect to database. Connection returned number. Could not connect to MySQL. Please, what do i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hoodlaw: 12:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Wow you've done a great job @zinofego. Whats your linkedin address or twitter. your website is working too. I will like to add you to my network connection.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by williamberq: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2014
Its Helpful to learn Joomla, i will follow this thread, i will try to create joomla

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
I'm rebranding, I'll avail you the links soon. Tentatively, you can reach me with the contacts in my signature below. Thanks bro.

hoodlaw: Wow you've done a great job @zinofego. Whats your linkedin address or twitter. your website is working too. I will like to add you to my network connection.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by TRADELYN: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
I need someone good in designing mobile apps...URGENTLY!!!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by freshblazine(f): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2014
ZinoFego: The "Could not connect to database. Connector returned number. Could not connect to MySQL" error message generally means that either you supplied the wrong database name or database username or its password in the places you put those values. It could be a combination of any of the values.

If the site is already running, that means that those values mentioned above have issues in your configuration.php file.

If you are on localhost; ensure that MySQL is running on your server.

Please check those parameters and try again.

Thanks. I have gotten past that now. Now the Joomla is installing for hours. Is it always like this?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Here are a few things you should do to help.
1. Drop/delete all the tables in the database that you are using. This is done in localhost/phpmyadmin or localhost:8080/phpmyadmin as the case may be.
2. Clear your browser cache.
3. Restart your computer and try again.

freshblazine:
Thanks. I have gotten past that now. Now the Joomla is installing for hours. Is it always like this?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by oprezy: 6:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Good morning all,there's a tutorial i'll love you all to read

"HOW TO CREATE AN ANTIVIRUS WITH YOUR PC"

Follo this link www.kinwap.com/forum2_theme_111034796.xhtml?tema=4 to our forums to read it.drop your comments after reading,thanks.

www.kinwap.com/forum2_theme_111034796.xhtml?tema=4
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by freshblazine(f): 9:24am On Jul 30, 2014
ZinoFego: Here are a few things you should do to help.
1. Drop/delete all the tables in the database that you are using. This is done in localhost/phpmyadmin or localhost:8080/phpmyadmin as the case may be.
2. Clear your browser cache.
3. Restart your computer and try again.

I dropped all the tables(47 of them), cleared browser cache and now the error message i am getting is that some errors occured in backing up the database. Pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eversolidus(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello Dear Readers,
SO MANY PEOPLE ASK ME HOW DO ONE SET UP AN INTERNET RADIO STATION FOR LIVE BROADCAST OF MUSIC AND MANY OTHER THINGS OF ONES CHOICE. PLEASE A SIMPLE AND COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON THIS TOPIC IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE NOW AT JUST $4.99 IN KINDLE STORE ONLINE, CHECK THE LINK, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M38A6ME.
GOOD FOR RELIGIOUS PURPOSE, BUSINESS, POLITICS AND MUCH MORE.
Thanks,
Williams Salami
Author

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Pls create another database.

freshblazine:
I dropped all the tables(47 of them), cleared browser cache and now the error message i am getting is that some errors occured in backing up the database. Pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by dayoungmoney1: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
joomla did not install on my laptop. it stayed at this point for hours without installing

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ikennaiked: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
GlobalHosting247 is now offering web hosting for as low as ₦900/year www.globalhosting247.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ikennaiked: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
To learn how to build a website like vanguard call 0814 626 0331 and I can show you on skype how to build such websites.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by jonygina: 7:22am On Aug 07, 2014
The information which you shared about the free training section was worthy. One of my friends is planning to start up a new business. I forward this information to my friend. I hope, This will be helpful to him.

Logo Design
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
@op, nice tutorial, i have a challenge with vinuaora slickshow extension, the prob is that i cannot set the position to the middle
i dont know the option that handles that
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by udswagz: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello,
I am a web developer and currently need some help with
wordpress/woocommerce, i need a good wordpress developer
who can develop plugins for woocommerce.
Interested developers should please visit
www.udonline.net get my contact
and email/call me.
so we can discuss the pricing and timeframe.
Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.