Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242418 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:45am On Nov 23, 2013
I have sorted it out, a page that I disabled was what caused the error.

yungcheda: i just filled in my name and email. clicked the checkbox and "let me in". It returned that result. I tried it three times on the three major browsers and they all said same thing. I just decided to check my mail and didnt see it until i went to my spam mail and saw it there.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
For those of us using AMPPS, you can install multiple scripts and apps as provided by Softaculous by accessing your localhost using the path below.

Path:
http://localhost/ampps or http://localhost:8080/ampps or wherever your localhost path is. Please include "/ampps" in front of your path without the quote "" signs.

Some of the scripts to install are: Joomla, WordPress, OpenCart, WHMCS, Drupal, PHP-Nuke, Mambo, phpBB etc.

You can see more from the screenshot below.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yungcheda(m): 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Where can I get very awesome templates from for free? Most I can see are either very very limited in customization or just plain simple. I beg u
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
You can get some good templates from these sites.

http://www.joomlaos.de/
http://www.bestofjoomla.com
http://www.joomla24.com/

You should also consider subscribing for Premium Templates, their features are simply wonderful. You can get over 80 Premium Templates for only $50.

yungcheda: Where can I get very awesome templates from for free? Most I can see are either very very limited in customization or just plain simple. I beg u
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hackman90: 7:30am On Nov 25, 2013
i had to start reading this thread from the very beginning so it came to my notice that a lot of people dnt knw the difference btw open-source and framework.#smh thats why a lot of the so called mouth watery programmer cn't build a stable and secure site cuz they do believe that they knw why they dnt know.
TYPES OF OPEN-SOURCE CMS IN PHP
joomla
wordpress
drupal e.t.c
TYPES OF FRAMEWORK IN PHP
codeigniter
cakephp
lavarel
symphon-forgive me if d spelling is nt correct
zend
pear
rainframework e.t.c
and as for those who wants to understand the use of joomla from scratch i would recommend this book to you all instead of stressing the lecturer from prolonging the thread all in the name of joomla which is a short tut developed with php.so it would be of good favour to you if you have php knowledge in other to modify ur cms to ur taste but before i forget you cn have this joomla book
joomla 3 beginners guide
http://filepi.com/i/fIpkt7W
you won't regret having these book.it takes it step by step.cheers
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by danfash09(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Please someone should help me my site is showing 404 ERROR FOUND What can I do
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
Where exactly are you receiving the error from? Please be explicit.

danfash09: Please someone should help me my site is showing 404 ERROR FOUND What can I do
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by majinice07: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls i've downloaded jomla but i cant download ampps, can someone pls forward it to me @ nurumajidadi@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
AMPPS is large 158,690kb, attaching it is an issue. Even if it is sent to you, you still need to download it.

Go to http://ampps.com to download it from source, there may even be update.

majinice07: Pls i've downloaded jomla but i cant download ampps, can someone pls forward it to me @ nurumajidadi@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Many Many thanks to Zino for this easily-broken down tutorial on Joomla. I'm not that into CMSs but I made a decision last night to go through this tutorial after a month of seeing it on FP and I must say it's one of the best decisions I've made so far in this last quarter of this year. Simple, Straight and Knowledge-filled. I just obtained my copy of Joomla and AMPPS and also got the e-book.... Baba, I tuale ooo... more grease to your blokous

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onayemi1: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Dear zino, thanks so much for your tutorial on joomla. I subscribe for your book and have gotten it. But are you saying I can start to develop website for people after this class
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
onayemi1: Dear zino, thanks so much for your tutorial on joomla. I subscribe for your book and have gotten it. But are you saying I can start to develop website for people after this class
I believe so. All U need is also to believe in Urself...

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:54am On Nov 26, 2013
Gurus help, I obtained a copy of amps 2.2 directly from their site yesterday and I've been trying to install the .exe file all to no avail... I'm running a Windows 7 ultimate, pls what cud be wrong? Under the compatibility tab in properties, I've set it as far back to Windows xp sp2 as there's no Windows 7 in the list... As at typing this, I've just restarted my PC... Pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:58am On Nov 26, 2013
I restarted my PC and tried installing it again, all it does is pop up that User Account Control dialog where U click Yes or No and after clicking Yes, it displays a cmd window and then disappears. I've run as administrator too, it doesn't seem to be working
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 3:38am On Nov 26, 2013
I have have posted my ordeal on this thread after installing my joomla, when i restart the system and it keep showing. Error showing the error page:Application Instantiation Error. As for me my problems seem to be solved after I ignore it for a while and return to it again.
And as i was saying, google searched the bolded, lo and behold my my problem was solved. As I came across this
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=791765

And

http://www.andrewbrettwatson.com/index.php/more/joomla-help/253-how-to-fix-the-joomla-3-0-error-displaying-the-error-page-application-instantiation-error-even-if-you-configuration-php-file-is-correct-and-unchanged,

Thanks Zino... For this

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:36am On Nov 26, 2013
I installed AMPPS 2.1 on my Windows 8 and it has been working well. Your system has created some logs that you need to clean up before you may proceed with fresh installation. In the meantime, you can try other apps line XAMPP, OR WAMP.

53cur3m0d3: I restarted my PC and tried installing it again, all it does is pop up that User Account Control dialog where U click Yes or No and after clicking Yes, it displays a cmd window and then disappears. I've run as administrator too, it doesn't seem to be working
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by MRGRACE(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2013
Chlbenze: Will be glad if you can build a bulk sms site for me or more importantly teach me how to do it, was ask to pay 10k to build am sms website, dnt have much now.

I can teach you how u'll build ur own bulk sms website and build one for you at N12K. CONTACT ME on 07060945564..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2013
ZinoFego: I installed AMPPS 2.1 on my Windows 8 and it has been working well. Your system has created some logs that you need to clean up before you may proceed with fresh installation. In the meantime, you can try other apps line XAMPP, OR WAMP.

Thanks bro, I'll try that....
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2013
Oga Zino... How do I get a forum template, that i can install on joomla
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Sabtoaelect: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
i installed ampps2.2, after the main configuration that i'll click next to take me to database config, it was just loading and didn't finish the processing. pls what can be the problem?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Most templates can work as forum template as long as there are enough module positions. But what makes a forum looks the way it is depends on the type of component that was used.

sunday478: Oga Zino... How do I get a forum template, that i can install on joomla
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by royalicon(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
ZinoFego: My fellow webmasters,

I want to teach you from the scratch how to develop a website using the most popular CMS_ Joomla.

I accidentally stumbled on Joomla some years ago; a client demanded a site requiring storing and retrieving data. I looked everywhere for who to teach me, I spent some good cash yet there were no results until I met a guy who casually showed me the prospects of Joomla and I learnt it on my own!

You may want to know, on what authority or experience I want to teach Joomla. Well, I've been using Joomla to develop websites for over 5yrs now and within this period; I've done over a hundred websites with Joomla only. During the course of the class, if requested, I'll give URLs of some of the sites I've done with Joomla.

Joomla is quite very easy to learn and deploy. Within 3hrs, you can get a Joomla site moderately running. So you don't need to be an experienced website developer to learn Joomla, newbies can deploy a Joomla site within a day.

Requirements to be in this class? None! Anyone who can read this post here and is willing to learn Joomla, can grasp it.

So lets get started...

Table of Content:

1. Overview of Joomla.
2. Installing Joomla in a few steps
3. A tour of the backend (Administrator Panel)
4. Global Configuration of the backend
5. Creating Content
6. Menus
7. Components
8. Modules
9. Plug-ins
10. Templates
11. User Manager
12. Media Manager
13. Languages
14. SEO & SEF
15. Security

Hi, I need a one-on-one coaching on joomla or WordPress. I can install and get it running, but I need someone that is experienced to walk me through installing the pluggins etc. Let's talk. 08084743322 (watsapp or call) or segunandyou/at/yahoo.com.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
My Joomla 3.x Simplified FREE eBook should walk you through. You can download it from http://JoomlaExtended.com.

If you need further help, my contacts are in my signature, you can reach me.

royalicon:

Hi, I need a one-on-one coaching on joomla or WordPress. I can install and get it running, but I need someone that is experienced to walk me through installing the pluggins etc. Let's talk. 08084743322 (watsapp or call) or segunandyou/at/yahoo.com.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sodson11(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks a lot@zinofogo 4 d tutorial...words cannot quantify what i have learnt here dis ending f d year..how i wish oda webmaster can be like u and take SMF.PHP,HTML.MYSQL,JAVASCRIPT and d likes
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Sabtoaelect: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
zinofego pls help me out. have been trying to load the database page but it isn't going just processing since over 3hrs
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:29am On Nov 27, 2013
ZinoFego: I installed AMPPS 2.1 on my Windows 8 and it has been working well. Your system has created some logs that you need to clean up before you may proceed with fresh installation. In the meantime, you can try other apps line XAMPP, OR WAMP.

Alright, I got new AMPPS, Wampp and Xampp files just in case any gbege wan shele... I did a system restore to earlier this month and when I browsed to the directory where I stored the former Ampss I downloaded, I cudn't find it there.. So I loaded the .exe of the new file and Voila, it installed.
The Apache started immediately I opened the UI but the MySQL won't start and I don't understand... I've Mysql 5.2 workbench initially on my PC for my Jsp/mysql projects so what do I do bro?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:11am On Nov 27, 2013
Uninstall any other related program because, there may be conflicts.

53cur3m0d3:
Alright, I got new AMPPS, Wampp and Xampp files just in case any gbege wan shele... I did a system restore to earlier this month and when I browsed to the directory where I stored the former Ampss I downloaded, I cudn't find it there.. So I loaded the .exe of the new file and Voila, it installed.
The Apache started immediately I opened the UI but the MySQL won't start and I don't understand... I've Mysql 5.2 workbench initially on my PC for my Jsp/mysql projects so what do I do bro?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Stop the process and restart it, if it does not work, try and restart your system before you try again.

Sabtoaelect: zinofego pls help me out. have been trying to load the database page but it isn't going just processing since over 3hrs
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 4:29am On Nov 27, 2013
I uninstalled the Mysql for my jsp projects, restarted my Pc and reinstalled Ampss... Now it works fine but I've got another issue... When I type localhost/phpmyadmin and enter, all I get is a blank screen with the title header phpmyadmin. See screenshot below... Pls help

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 4:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Try here: http://localhost/ampps. If this doesn't work. May be you should change the Apache port of your localhost as I outline below from my earlier post:

To fix this, on the AMPPS user interface, click Apache, then Configuration as shown in the image below. The configuration file will open in a text editor like notepad. Go the line 49 of that file and change “Listen 80” to “Listen 8080” save the file. Restart the Apache. Open your browser and type: “http://localhost:8080” and press enter. Your phpmyadmin URL: http://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin.

53cur3m0d3: I uninstalled the Mysql for my jsp projects, restarted my Pc and reinstalled Ampss... Now it works fine but I've got another issue... When I type localhost/phpmyadmin and enter, all I get is a blank screen with the title header phpmyadmin... Pls help

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 4:59am On Nov 27, 2013
ZinoFego: Try here: http://localhost/ampps. If this doesn't work. May be you should change the Apache port of your localhost as I outline below from my earlier post:

To fix this, on the AMPPS user interface, click Apache, then Configuration as shown in the image below. The configuration file will open in a text editor like notepad. Go the line 49 of that file and change “Listen 80” to “Listen 8080” save the file. Restart the Apache. Open your browser and type: “http://localhost:8080” and press enter. Your phpmyadmin URL: http://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin.

Thanks Zino, I've been clicking on the configuration tab on the AMPSS UI but it's not displaying the config text file...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:11am On Nov 27, 2013
@ZINO, done that, I accessed the file and changed the port 80 to 8080. Immediately I saved and restarted, it alerted me that port 8080 is being used by another application... I tried running the URL again but it's still displaying same empty page...
The localhost:8080 works when I run it by displaying the ampps directory and all its content but appending the phpmyadmin still doesn't work.
I've also changed the Ip on the listen line '12.34.56.78':80 to localhost, saved the file and restarted the apache, ran the browser but it's stil not working. Now I've reverted to default settings again..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.