Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? (14323 Views)

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yea, I'm back; and you're lucky I'm just a sunday-sunday visitor in this section. Else, I would have put both you and your master obediah666 in your places!!!

Workers of iniquity
cheesy
you are the one tilling the ground in the sexuality section but we are the workers of iniquity ? smdh. i believe i have a scripture for that >>>

isaiah 5 vs 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: is this your subtle way of telling us that you are a segz freak ? smdh cheesy
hahaha.... He cant take his mind off that stuff bro.... He is Addicted...

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: is this your subtle way of telling us that you are a segz freak ? smdh cheesy

No! Its my subtle way of telling you that light and darkness has nothing in common.

And yes, of course I'm a sex addict. Didn't your read the Diary of sex Addict I started at the sexuality section?

Okk, you didn't. You had better things to do; like spread your seed of discord among the body of Christ.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: hahaha.... He cant take his mind off that stuff bro.... He is Addicted...
the man needs TB Joshua kind of deliverance or Oyedepo kinda slap to slap out the segz demons. he needs an exorcism. Mazi Omenuko the freak grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by millenni(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mudley313: The question to be asked here is what would almighty yahweh need burnt food and animal sacrifices for just like our traditional juju gods?

oh i forgot, in leveticus he declared his insatiable love for burning flesh; dude is one disturbed sick minded freak

>>>>>runs away before i get crucified by his followers like their crazy god crucified his only begotten son

He can snuff out ur pathetic life like a candle flame no matter where u run to. d very air u breathe in is by Him. b4 u were even born He knew exactly wat u wld do nd where u would b 2moro.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

No! Its my subtle way of telling you that light and darkness has nothing in common.

And yes, of course I'm a sex addict. Didn't your reap the Diary of sex Addict I started at the sexuality section?

Okk, you didn't. You had better things to do; like spread your seed of discord among the body of Christ.

cheesy
ermmm i have never been to the sexuality section. its for people who are segz deprived and need to live in fantasies and illusions. i am too busy getting it in real life grin grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777:
isaiah 5 vs 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! grin

You sincerely believe that you're the "good"? You think you're light? Then I have this verse for you...

Isaiah > 5.14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

And yes, of course I'm a sex addict. Didn't your reap the Diary of sex Addict I started at the sexuality section?

cheesy
of cause, light and darkness has nothing in common. What u see here is light, darkness is roaming all over u. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by millenni(f): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Reference:

And where did you get that. What scripture passage says so. This is the kind of speculation that causes many to err. The devil has no seed. Satan is the fallen arch angle. Angels are spirit beings that cannot bear seed. And at the time of Cain the distance between God and man was still close, communion was still almost face to face. There was no need for revelations. Read the discourse. Even faithless and later sinful Cain still spoke with God one on one. You don't need a revelation of what you are seeing face to face.

wat do u think happened in d garden of eden? have u read d geneology of adam? if u have, did u see cain there? where did he come from. wat was d need for the sacrifice? he could only have gotten dat by revelation, which he lacked. all he had was a religious spirit..
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: of cause, light and darkness has nothing in common. What u see here is light, darkness is roaming all over u. grin grin

Your ignorance knows no bounds. I learnt you're still doing industrial training under your master; obediah666: your grand patron is a pharisee!

And you, his son will I leave this message for;

John > 8.44 Ye (MEILYN) are of your father the devil (Obediah666), and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

cheesy
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by CHARLOE(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ op, just thinking, why didn't God stop him from scrificing his daughter to him just like he stopped abraham and provided an alternative? Is it possible d old testament god is just like 1 of our local gods eg sango, amadioha etc
Off topic, any1 here heard of d link btween d old testament god and d eloheems of d anunaki?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

You sincerely believe that you're the "good"? You think you're light? Then I have this verse for you...

Isaiah > 5.14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

cheesy
believe it or not Mazi that verse is talking about both you and I and our nation of people ( israel ) ( 1 peter 4 vs 17 ). we are in hell ( psalms 9 vs 17 ) whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. cheesy welcome to hell buddy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: of cause, light and darkness has nothing in common. What u see here is light, darkness is roaming all over u. grin grin
you cant blame the man sire. he is under the deuteronomy 28 curses. >>> deut 28 vs 29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ayobase(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?

In addition to people's views, I will say there must be shedding of blood for the remission of sin of which Abel did, but Cain didn't!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MaziOmenuko: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: believe it or not Mazi that verse is talking about both you and I and our nation of people ( israel ) ( 1 peter 4 vs 17 ). we are in hell ( psalms 9 vs 17 ) whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. cheesy welcome to hell buddy

Nah; bros! The verse is talking to you and your maidservant. You both are doomed to hell if you don't accept the Lordship of Jesus and believe in your heart that He is God.

Enjoy your hell alone.

cheesy
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by indomitable234: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
MEILYN: then afterwards, come to my church @ No 5 Mazi Omenuko the heathen street, Indomitable Lagos... Then Tithe things. It is still a good Marketting Strategy bro

I won't even ask u to come pick it up,I will deliver it with a courier to u free
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by denitro(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cain’s offering was rejected by the Lord, probably for several reasons, including the fact
that it was not done in faith nor in the prescribed and revealed manner (Gen. 4:3–5).
He entered into an unholy covenant with Satan by which he became known as Master Mahan, or “master of this great secret,”
and by which he could “murder and get gain”.

When the two boys were older, Abel became a keeper of sheep, and Cain became a farmer.
God spoke to Abel, and Abel loved God and kept his commandments.

God spoke to Cain, but Cain mocked God, saying, “Who is the Lord that I should know him?”
Cain loved Satan more than God.

Abel obediently brought the new born lambs of his sheep and offered them as a sacrifice to the Lord.
Abel had faith in God; he believed that God’s Son, Jesus Christ, would one day sacrifice his life for all mankind.

Satan commanded Cain, “Make an offering unto the Lord.” For his sacrifice Cain brought crops from his field.
God could not accept Cain’s offering because Cain did not have faith in God. In giving his sacrifice,
Cain was obeying Satan, not God. Satan knew Cain’s offering would not be accepted, and he was pleased
that he had led someone to do wrong.

Cain was angry because his offering was not accepted, but the Lord still loved him. The Lord told Cain that if
he would make the right kind of offering, He would accept it. The Lord warned Cain that Satan wanted him
and he would come under Satan’s power if he did not obey the Lord’s commandments.

Cain became even more angry and refused to listen to the Lord. This brought Adam and Eve greater sorrow,
for Cain had chosen wickedness instead of righteousness.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by millenni(f): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
CHARLOE: @ op, just thinking, why didn't God stop him from scrificing his daughter to him just like he stopped abraham and provided an alternative? Is it possible d old testament god is just like 1 of our local gods eg sango, amadioha etc
Off topic, any1 here heard of d link btween d old testament god and d eloheems of d anunaki?

I dnt understand y u wld just decide to b pathetically ignorant. its so annoying. have u read d story at all? must u comment even when u ar clueless? what do u mean by sacrificing his dauther? pls get informed.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by whatofyou: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
It is quite true that I read that part of the bible without fully understanding. Thanks for pointing or bringing out that passage.
Now, the old testament was governed by the principle of a tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye, and if you make a promise, you must fulfil it! God tested Abraham with Isaac. Samuel's mother, Hannah, made a promise before the birth of Samuel. Jephthah made God a promise, and he fulfilled his promise. You and I know that it was heart-rending by today's standards.
What baffles me most is the way the 'victims'- Isaac, Samuel, and the king's daughter- are bound to carry out the promisers' promises. Going by the standard of our era, which Isaac or Cold will not have fled the scene! The victim (younger) always respected the wishes or actions of the promise-giver (older).
God's yoke is light. When Abraham was about to finally 'harm' his son Isaac, God gave him a substitute. Jephthah, fearing that the battle he was about to fight was 'big,' made a self-choking, careless promise. Something tells me the king never believed the 'cast lot' would fall on his daughter. I cannot say how God felt in this case, but I will say it served future persons who made promises to Our Father in the Old Testament a lesson of not making hasty promises. Cold, don't make a promise for the sake of promising. Let us believe in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary.
cold:
Not just animal sacrifices,children were also offered to Yahweh as burnt offering. Seriously the mind boggles

Judges 11:29-40

29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the Lord delivered them into his hands.33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto theLord, and I cannot go back.36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

How Christians read this & flip through to the next page without feeling any tinge of guilt is really baffling
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by bejeria101(m): 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
The answer is simple,when adam sinned what was the first curse pronounced,CURSED IS THE GROUND FOR THY SAKE,IN YOUR SWEAT WILL YOU EAT BREAD, THORNS N THISTLES SHALL IT BRING THEE,abel was a sheep/cattle rearer*animals were created n reproduced their kind* cain on the other hand was a farmer,back to the curse by GOD,cain brought to GOD a cursed offering,im my own opinion adam was at fault he did not teach cain the right way to present the offering
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Mamacita007(f): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the comments. pls lets take it easy with our replies. we're all learners here. i believe that cain gave his best but maybe God rejected it becos of the hatred in his heart towards abel
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by HUGES: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Dear OP, happy sunday. Yea, God did not REJECT Cains sacrifice, he only RESPECTED (ie, honoured, valued, regarded) Abel's sacrifice more and really didn't place any value in Cain's. So like the old kids book of bible stories or the old bible story movies where you see the smoke driving Cain away (to mean that God was rejecting...) lol, that's not actually it.
And if you with patience try to understand the ways of God through daily prayers and meditations, you will come to understand that the reason why God had very little regard for Cain's was because he offerred a mindless offering. Now here is an easy illustration; if u are a husband, you naturally expect your wife or kids (who ever is serving you) to dish your meal with regard and respect. In those days my mom used to dish my fathers food out first before ours. Even when we were so hungry and dad wasn't around, she'ld first dish his own out in a flask before attending to us. That reveals something -a respectful heart. Now it not just peculiar to me, cos if I and a big elderstates man (say your governor) pays you a visit and you are offerring us wine, by natural instinct you'll give him (governor) a glass before giving me. That's just the way it goes. This is exactly what happened to Cain and Abel. They both knew who God was and it was a custom in their house to offer God from their harvests. But Abel naturally said "ahh, let me give God first o", and he took the very first animal birthed from his flock in that season and God said "wow! This guy is respectful o". The way the bible dipicted Cain's sacrifice showed he offerred it more like a ritual, routinehe, like the 'normal' thing. The bible didn't say he brought the 1ST harvest, so it implies the guy had served himself first and probably eaten the best before remembering that his God was there. If I am with my father and there are two apples in my house, I will give him the most appealing of the two and take the lesser or smaller one for myself. It's not a doctrine, its just common sense of respect, lol.
Also I do want you to understand that death is a gain for a true christian, not a loss. If I am ever afraid of dieing at any one time, its because I feel my house is NOT in order. So I don't get disappointed in God when someone I know dies, my only worry is whether the person was at peace with God before they dies. We know that there is no enjoyment or satisfaction in this life; the wealthiest of men will confirm this to you. Besides, a true christian knows that behind every single trial in life which comes his way, there are two spectators observing -God and Satan. So when the christian say "God is unfair to me", Satan screems "I told you he is just with you for the goodies". But when the christian (after feeling the pain and crying) drys his tears and gives a mocking laugh at Satan saying " satan, yes I cried, but you didn't hope I'ld give up on my God and Master, did you? Cos I signed up to follow Him regardless of whatever". God will also join in the laughter and say " Satan now you know that I've got sons who follow me regardless of life's circumstances.
OP, God is done with this world and has marked it out for distruction. You just hold on. There is a new life He has prepared for us and when we get there, there won't be sickness or dieing or poverty.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: Thanks for the comments. pls lets take it easy with our replies. we're all learners here. i believe that cain gave his best but maybe God rejected it becos of the hatred in his heart towards abel

I beg to disagree! He used rotten fruits as sacrificed.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Nah; bros! The verse is talking to you and your maidservant. You both are doomed to hell if you don't accept the Lordship of Jesus and believe in your heart that He is God.

Enjoy your hell alone.

cheesy
let me guess ? you believe in grace ? 'once you believe in your heart' then all sins are forgiven right ? lmao. a student of Goshen tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by whatofyou: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
At topic, God did not accept Cain's sacrifice not based on the type of sacrifice. And He could have chosen to honour both their sacrifices or refused both! After reading reprimands God gave to Cane I think Cane must have evil plans on his mind at his brother or coveting his brother's business. Cane could have been the type that wished a lot and worked little.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by MEILYN(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Your ignorance knows no bounds. I learnt you're still doing industrial training under your master; obediah666: your grand patron is a pharisee!

And you, his son will I leave this message for;

John > 8.44 Ye (MEILYN) are of your father the devil (Obediah666), and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

cheesy
lmao... Very Funny lol. I leave this with you too.

"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image[the deceived, Mazi Omenuko and Co]. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." (Revelation 19:20).

I wonder how your face will look like when the nukes come for you...... [Chineke Me eeeeehhh] ....

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by winteriscoming: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don't know if anyone has said this before( I didn't read the entire thread) but my understanding has always being that blood was required.

Hebrews 9:22b and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

notice how every sacrifice in the bible involves blood

I could be wrong tough
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by unmask: 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
You still have to wonder if God punished Cain at all
He got a mark that prevents anybody from killing him
Got married and gave birth to children
in fact we all might be descendants of Cain
I believe cain was black and abel was white
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by buchibabe: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
igbsam:
Are u for real ?

Hes high
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Saib4Jesus: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
The truth about the matter is that the offering of Cain came from a cursed ground ( Gen 3:17 .......cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy lifewink and that of Abel stood for remission of sin (Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.)
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by delors(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Because the guy the para na...you no see as he come meet God like say him be agbero for Fadeyi...thanks to MY BOOK OF BIBLE STORIES...
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Yvete(f): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
Interesting viewpoints! Seems like some posters believe your best seed gets God's acceptance. If you give a million dollar sacrifice to the Church while you're busy scamming people all over the earth (unclean hands), I don't think God will honor it.

When you feel like God snubbed you even with nights of prayer and fasting, remember to count your blessings. I believe the best of our offering comes from our heart which also affects how we give money to the needy, kingdom service and render praises to God. God wants a perfect and loyal heart.

Before you sleep at night, write down three (3) things God did or is doing for you. Try to count something different each time and you will be more than grateful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! / Dr. Paul Enenche Visits Benue Mass Burial Site, Donates Relief Materials To Idps / Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.