Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (92953 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2013
CFCfan:
True. These boys are certainly the most genuine ever U-17 squad assembled by Nigeria.
you're right. And thanks for quoting me. They've never been this young before. Every one can clearly c that these r bunch of kids
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:05am On Oct 22, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
It's funny how revealing self-evident truth is "colonial mentality". I guess if I say America is a more developed nation than Nigeria, or Messi is better than Ahmed Musa, that's "colonial mentality" too. I was addressing the first comment claiming white countries are bigger age cheats than Nigeria - which is a blatant lie. That we're not cheating as much as before is because of the new MRI implementation - which isn't foolproof, although it can at least, seperate a 17-year old from the 26-year-olds like Fortune Chukwudi who we were fielding at U-17. If not for the MRI, the same mentality that makes over 90% of Nigerian jambites to cheat (that one na another matter) is the same mentality that makes most Nigerian players to lie about their age.

Europeans - particularly Western Europe - don't age-cheat in competitions. South Americans have been implicated before but they are learners compared to Africans. Among Africans, West Africans are the worst offenders. Hey r u still living in der past? R u talking abt den or now? Cos we're all talking about NOW. So I wonder y u're still tied down to THEN. Agreed, Nigeria used to cheat BEFORE. But these PRESENT guys r KIDS. Try to comprehend this pls

Only the new MRI scheme is bringing back some sanity. And they were brought because of teams like us. Europeans don't use MRI's in their age-grade UEFA competitions because they trust their system.

If you like call it "colonial mentality" or "inferiority complex". That's your problem. I state the truth as I see it and I don't condone cheating.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
It's funny how revealing self-evident truth is "colonial mentality". I guess if I say America is a more developed nation than Nigeria, or Messi is better than Ahmed Musa, that's "colonial mentality" too. I was addressing the first comment claiming white countries are bigger age cheats than Nigeria - which is a blatant lie. That we're not cheating as much as before is because of the new MRI implementation - which isn't foolproof, although it can at least, seperate a 17-year old from the 26-year-olds like Fortune Chukwudi who we were fielding at U-17. If not for the MRI, the same mentality that makes over 90% of Nigerian jambites to cheat (that one na another matter) is the same mentality that makes most Nigerian players to lie about their age.

Europeans - particularly Western Europe - don't age-cheat in competitions. South Americans have been implicated before but they are learners compared to Africans. Among Africans, West Africans are the worst offenders.

Only the new MRI scheme is bringing back some sanity. And they were brought because of teams like us. Europeans don't use MRI's in their age-grade UEFA competitions because they trust their system.

If you like call it "colonial mentality" or "inferiority complex". That's your problem. I state the truth as I see it and I don't condone cheating.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 22, 2013
9icegee: you're right. And thanks for quoting me. They've never been this young before. Every one can clearly c that these r bunch of kids

And they'll certainly go places if they make the right career moves. However, I'm not in favor of any of them being drafted to the Super eagles at this time; the players should first be promoted to the U-20 team before any talk of them being called up to the senior team. Keshi and the NFF shouldn't make the same mistake England made in rushing Walcott, Rooney et al to their senior team, when they weren't ready for the limelight.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:12am On Oct 22, 2013
Hey r u still living in der past? R u talking abt den or now? Cos we're all talking about NOW. So I wonder y u're still tied down to THEN. Agreed, Nigeria used to cheat BEFORE. But these PRESENT guys r KIDS. Try to comprehend this pls
Obi1kenobi:

Europeans - particularly Western Europe - don't age-cheat in competitions. South Americans have been implicated before but they are learners compared to Africans. Among Africans, West Africans are the worst offenders.

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:17am On Oct 22, 2013
safarigirl: lol, no be by face abi? Cos if na by face those Swedish guys are old and you can NEVER beleive your whities cheat. I saw the Venezuelan and Japanese teams today, they actually looked U-17, but this Swedish team? So Kelechi doesn't look U-17? Obi has been stealing meat, today, Emeka stole it, but since Obi ALWAYS does it, he must be the culprit, besides, Obi comes from a thieving family, not Emeka. The MRI test isn't 100% for team Nigeria, but we can trust it for the oyibos, right? Never mind that this MRI test was taken by FIFA, NFF must've paid them good money to cover up the false ages. Your argument is even more pathetic.
I have absolutely nothing else to add to or reply to him. U spoke my mind der, on de spot!
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2013
buchito1: Abeg make una no vex, wat is dis man saying? angry
lol ask me o! But if u ask me, name who I go ask Lmao! He's confused I guess
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:21am On Oct 22, 2013
king94: So,wu is responsible 4 d lack of records in Nigeria.We don't hv a functional society so we hv 2 make do wit wot we hv.I still maintain dat those boiz look U17.If sum1 comes out wit proof(like Adokiye) to show dat dey ar not U17,I'll change my mind.Until then,I prefer 2 giv dem d benefit of doubt until I'm proven wrong.I dnt lyk 2 dwell on d past when I see a different present day.
now u're saying something very worthwhile! Kudos! I can't understand y some ppl just can't separate THEN and NOW!
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 22, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
I can't PROVE anything. This isn't a law court but an opinion forum. I know what an average U-17 Nigerian looks like. I'm 24 now and I know what my friends and I looked like at 16 (even though I was already a 6ft 3' giant). And I know many of those boys we're fielding are more than 16/17. It's better this year because FIFA have had an eye on us recently. I remember when our ENTIRE U-17 team was disbanded 4 years ago when FIFA introduced a bone scanning age test. I was so ashamed of this country's corruption that day.
u re just a slowpoke claiming to be mr knw all, u tink because it is called u-17 dat it hv to be field with real 17 years old, don't u knw dat dere is a fifa approved age limit? as for africa not winning international honours. because of age cheat, I hope all those europian and south american countries without international honours also cheat xpecially england. use ur brain bro.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 7:25am On Oct 22, 2013
No need to bring all these up my friend OK? We r talking abt NOW (present guys r clearly within der age bracket), and not BEFORE (wen they were not) OK?
komekn: Safarigirl,

Let me without offence explain how things work here, I was born in the UK.

From the time your mother goes to hospital, GP, etc to confirm conception its monitored , confirmed data posted and at birth recorded, all your inoculations recorded everything you do from nursery ,to primary school will have your data recorded at a number of national agencies as well as public bodies which are all interlinked. Consider that this is only the first 5 years of your life, before u get to twelve there will be detailed records, of your education, medical history, which is all verifiable and confirmed through a myriad of bodies. Your parent’s insurance, tax rebates, etc details will be linked to you, there profiles will have you as their child recorded.

Essentially, what I am saying is there is no need to have a MRI scan in most EEC and North American countries. I said earlier MRI scans are only indicative, not conclusive and work on very wide generalist parameters. However, the personal data they have on individual citizens is clearly verifiable, unquestionable and proven beyond any doubt as well as being absolutely exact. Therefore they never have MRI scans as a means of proof and verification of age as they already irrefutable precise birth date information.

So Safarigirl no vex no deh provoke anyhow – NUFF SAID 4 d wise.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 22, 2013
The proposed national ID card scheme, and the Lagos State resident registration drive, should put to rest any doubts about the real ages of the youth team players in the future.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by ghaniyu456: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2013
Nigeria 3 - sweden 0

1 Like

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by safarigirl(f): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2013
I don't think obi and his friend understand me. I'm talking of the present crop and they're talking of the past. In your quest to seem just, don't jump at people. Whatever happened in the past, I don't know, but as of today, this U-17 set is legit, that's all I'm interested in.

3 Likes

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Johnsinia(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2013
We are talking abt Nig vs Swe and some folks are here talking abt age. Mayb u shuld al go to FIFA and teach them their work. Mitchewww. While d Swiss are out there cheering their team patrotically, we are here talking of age as if we are the only age cheat. Could this b inferiority complex or wat? Mitchww.
Anyway, my prediction: Nig 5 Swe 2.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2013
safarigirl: I don't think obi and his friend understand me. I'm talking of the present crop and they're talking of the past. In your quest to seem just, don't jump at people. Whatever happened in the past, I don't know, but as of today, this U-17 set is legit, that's all I'm interested in.
its wot i'v been trying to tel dem since, lets talk about NOW, not BEFORE
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
Nashoji: u re just a slowpoke claiming to be mr knw all, u tink because it is called u-17 dat it hv to be field with real 17 years old, don't u knw dat dere is a fifa approved age limit? as for africa not winning international honours. because of age cheat, I hope all those europian and south american countries without international honours also cheat xpecially england. use ur brain bro.
See mumu sha.grin
For that tiny thing between you ears that you call brains, you've made a point? An U-17 tournament with an approved age limit above 17? You heard that one in your beer parlour, abi? And I never said not winning international tournaments makes you age cheats, you doofus. If you can't back up age-grade success with senior team success, that is a very suspicious development. Countries like France, Spain, Germany, Brazil and Argentina win age-grade competitions and they back it up by success at senior level. The star players of these teams also come up through youth football. Ghana and Nigeria dey carry U-17 3 times and yet, they're non-entities at senior international football. And most of their senior players don't play these youth competitions and the youth players don't make the senior team. Which of Chrisantus, Stanley Okoro, Fortune Chukwudi and all their fellow age cheats are making it in senior football?

Dey there dey deceive and console yourself.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by luvablesam(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2013
CFCfan:

And they'll certainly go places if they make the right career moves. However, I'm not in favor of any of them being drafted to the Super eagles at this time; the players should first be promoted to the U-20 team before any talk of them being called up to the senior team. Keshi and the NFF shouldn't make the same mistake England made in rushing Walcott, Rooney et al to their senior team, when they weren't ready for the limelight.

same thing happened to Femi Opabunmi drafted straight into the super Eagles team in the 2002 world cup....buh where is he today?
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2013
luvable sam:

same thing happened to Femi Opabunmi drafted straight into the super Eagles team in the 2002 world cup....buh where is he today?

The guy has simply vanished from the football radar.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Precioussilas10: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Make them no go form who go score pass(golden boot tins) because na there everything go scata.i jus dey talk my own o
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
4-2
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Judek2(m): 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Naija will spell sweden like they spelled mexico..
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Burger01(m): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
For under 17 the Swedes are so lanky.. Still we whoop their azz(es) 4-0.

smiley
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by ifyalways(f): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Let'a go boys cheesy
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
These boys are between 16 and 24yrs, take it or leave it. If you doubt me, then cöntact nduka, Amunike or Manu.
These are the youngest Nigerian u-17 ever!
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by omonla555: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Semi finalists:

Nigeria
Uruguay
Argentina
Brazil
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by nerodenero: 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
safarigirl: See as those Swedish guys resemble John Terry age mate. Later dem go say na we dey bring over aged players. Make these men no break the soft bones of our boys.
For the very first time, our boys look Under17.These Brazil boys, na wa oooo
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by nerodenero: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
honeric01: These boys are between 16 and 24yrs, take it or leave it. If you doubt me, then cöntact nduka, Amunike or Manu.
These are the youngest Nigerian u-17 ever!
You cant compare the present boys with Late Tela's boys.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by mrperfect(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
I wish them best of luck
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 360command: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
What time is the match in GMT?
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by kalvin1: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
ifyalways: Let'a go boys cheesy
thats the spirit...lets go there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time / Matthew Wolff Designed The Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Jersey / Ronaldo's Sister Posts Photo Of Messi Kneeling At Her Brother's Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.