Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer (18489 Views)

Policeman Shoots Man In Badagry; Youths Protest (photos) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Photos: Crisis In Onitsha After Policeman Shoots Driver Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by adamooye5(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
A policeman in uniform yesterday in Abuja shot a man in the leg after an argument on who should pay for a bottle of beer.
The incident occurred at a beer parlour, popularly called ‘Yori-Yori shop’ located on the Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi District around 2pm. Witnesses said the policeman was under the influence of alcohol before he fired his gun.
Patience Patrick who serves as a salesgirl in a nearby shop said “the policeman came to Yori-Yori shop around 2pm and ordered for a bottle of beer. He was offered a chair and he sat holding a gun. He drank the beer and stood up with the intention of leaving the shop. The lady selling beer then asked for her money, which is N250, and the policeman refused to pay and told the girl to keep quiet.
“The lady started crying and begged the policeman to pay the money but the officer ignored her and got out of the shop. She followed him outside, crying and while she was pleading with him to pay the money one man intervened and urged the policeman to pay for the beer took. He even told the police that his failure to pay the lady would tarnish the image of the police force. The policeman who looked drunk was angered at that point and he slapped the person in the face and threatened to open fire on anybody that talked to him again. So, man,  too, was not happy with the way the policeman slapped him and he demanded to know why. Both men started arguing and the policeman engaged his gun and shot the man in the leg.  He fell down.”
She said when the policeman was sure that the man fell, he moved away from the scene, but before he could go far “people mostly attracted by the sound of the gunshot gathered and started beating the policeman. He was severely beaten by the crowd and fell. A police patrol team later came and picked him up in their van.”
She said Bigee was taken away by the police and another group of policemen later came back to the shop and took the lady away. “That is why the door is locked.”
Our reporter later went to the beer parlour and met a lady inside, who claimed to be a sister to the owner. The lady, who will not want to be named, said “the shop owner is my sister but not biological sister. I heard what happened and went to the police station in Utako to see her. I met her there and she has already made statement and has gone to the General Hospital, Wuse, to the man shot by the policeman. I was told the policeman is in detention but I haven’t seen him.”
When contacted, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Utako Division, Mr Usman K. Umar, a Chief Superintendent of Police, confirmed the incident to Sunday Trust. When our reporter contacted the Police Public Relations Officer Altine Daniel, the officer also confirmed the incident, saying the police officer involved is Sergeant Oludare Ariyo of the Special Police Unit Base 7, who was posted to RCC Construction Company, Utako, Abuja.
The PPRO said, “He left his beat and went to Kpana Village for a drink, but ended up shooting one Joseph Martins, alias Mr Big, over a small altercation. As a result members of the public descended on the policeman and took away his arm. A quick intervention by the police led to the recovery of the weapon, but with its magazine. Also, the police rescued the officer from the mob.”
The Police spokeswoman said further that the victim sustained fracture on the leg and had been admitted at the General Hospital, Wuse, Abuja. She added that, “the officer will be dealt with according to the law, even though he is not of the FCT Police Command. The victim is in the FCT, so the FCT Police Command will take it up. First, he left his job to a drinking spot. Secondly, he shot a civilian. These are two serious offences.”
She appealed to FCT residents to go about their normal businesses as the police would do everything possible to ensure that such incident does not happen in future.
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/14752-policeman-shoots-abuja-resident-over-beer

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Annie2gud(f): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Like huh!!!! Even beer don get spirit
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Annie2gud(f): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Na wa o.
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by emperortony: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hmmm. The police force has neva been known for good. Thank GOD the case was not twisted in favour of the police.

8 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Annie2gud(f): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
O allah u hav bn most merciful.witout ur inspiration,i wudnt hav attain this feat.....see double blessing...first,second and third to comment on a sunday afternoon.allah akbar.nagoda nagode

4 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Annie2gud(f): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
Haaa ayayayaya the likes are coming o.haaaaaaa pastor the likes are coming.....hey sweet nairalanders keep the likes coming...haaaaa ,o gbe o.embarass me with ur 'likes.abu mickey oya bring Baggo super sack and help me carry my LIKES. ' ****quietly pays my offering and exit thread***

19 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by momodub: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by israel007: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
9ja police sef. Sometimes I wish they'd just scrap them.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
well dayumm i guess the beer is the bomb. the beer so good you kill a mahfukaz for it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by devigblegble: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
9ja police is ur best friend don't forget

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
as in u mean those guns realli work?

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Kslib(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
adamooye5:

She said when the policeman was sure that the man fell, he moved away from the scene, but before he could go far “people mostly attracted by the sound of the gunshot gathered and started beating the policeman. He was severely beaten by the crowd and fell.
I hope they damaged his brain and Paralyzed the iddiot..
All izz well!
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by chaloner(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Did d police truly shot the man ?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by COvo(m): 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Naija policemen ehn...Terrible!
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Kelvo88(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
He must face justice.
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
anyway sha...

na police case..
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by jhydebaba(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
I SMH for NPF.
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by 170chuks(m): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Abeg no b new thing jare... Naija don't hv any law. Jungle justice my brother

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by owolabifunke14(f): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
cheesy grin grin first poster u funny die. Policemen and alcohol nawa o
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by africapunch: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin na today!
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by bintalabi(f): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nawa for nairaland oo, not even a good topic since morning mtchèeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by free2ryhme: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
after collecting roger at checkpoint to pay for drink while on duty don become issue to shooting innocent civilians

federal touts

5 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by plasmadocument: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin grin grin
In some climes this man would be a very rich chap from the out of court settlement. But at home...

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by fishmakas: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
y must he be drunk at the first place and add another, maybe by the time is get him useless self he is out of the police and probably in prison stupid man.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Samsantos9: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by janetDurling(f): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Policeman on duty.......drinking beer...Hian! Naija lawa

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by naijathings(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
[size=14pt]the policeman came to Yori-Yori shop around 2pm and ordered for a bottle of beer. He was offered a chair and he sat holding a gun. He drank the beer and stood up with the intention of leaving the shop. The lady selling beer then asked for her money, which is N250, and the policeman refused to pay and told the girl to keep quiet. [/size]
[size=18pt]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]

u go fear chansing naw... LOL e be like say the beer don hungry the officer since last month

4 Likes

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by badmeat(m): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
A police man in a bar called YORI YORI Joint,cheesy

1 Like

Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by amanikondo: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
booked
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
D policeman don high finish..smh embarassed
Re: Policeman Shoots Abuja Resident Over Beer by aliumik: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thank God dis happened in abuja,if it is in d east they will twist d case against the innocent man,that is why they don't want to b posted.away to d north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Guard Arrested For Rape Of Employer’s 7-year-old Daughter / Ebonyi APC Chieftain, 19 Others Paraded For Cultism / 31-Year-Old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.