Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,515 members, 7,801,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. - Education (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. (737110 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Eportal Is Now Open For Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
proftosin:

yes o 1 more week

See this one that didn't want to go home. undecided
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
buccunmie:

u r back, where av u been

Home.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
It has now dawned on me that oau is just not the oba awon uni that it claims to be. Great ife great ife great ife.....what exactly is great about this school,pls? Is it because they have turned themselves to thunder that usually strikes? Or is it their extreme lack of maintenance of property and standard? Is it their non chalant attitude to the welfare of students? Or their inconsistency when it comes to dates of resumption or lecture times and venues? Someone pls enlighten me because i just do not seem to understand. It was my dream to be a student of this varsity, my mom is an alumnus and she was always telling me how great ife is, but,having spent roughly 2months in oau,I simply cannot tell what is great about the school. Is it just me? I feel like I simply wasted 3yrs of my life only to get admitted into a nightmare of a varsity. Well I can't change that now.

Good evening to everyone here, let's hope oau is sensible enough to release the authentic and 'nasu-agreed' resumption frm mid semester break date before tuesday.
#viewingin3D#
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
babysmart:
Great ife great ife great ife.....what exactly is great about this school,pls? Is it because they have turned themselves to thunder that usually strikes? Or is it their extreme lack of maintenance of property and standard? Is it their non chalant attitude to the welfare of students? Or their inconsistency when it comes to dates of resumption or lecture times and venues?

Honestly, I wonder at times. Like they say, one who hasn't been to another farm will always claim his father's farm is the largest. That's the mentality most die hard fans of OAU have. Anyway, we'll just have to get used to it, eventually.

PS: I'm actually enjoying this break. lipsrsealed
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by HighIQ(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
PHgirl:

Honestly, I wonder at times. Like they say, one who hasn't been to another farm will always claim his father's farm is the largest. That's the mentality most die hard fans of OAU have. Anyway, we'll just have to get used to it, eventually.

ok go to Eksu,lasu,osu then now and see the diff. You are in oau and u are complaining. The sch that many people are craving to come. U beta be grateful.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by pamcode(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
teemanbastos:
senior staff association of Nigerian universities.

Lol@"d violent take it by force "
Abi now, i cant forget d preparations for pume like say i dey go for war chemistry especially

babysmart take it easy hen all would be well lol
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
HighIQ:
ok go to Eksu,lasu,osu then now and see the diff. You are in oau and u are complaining. The sch that many people are craving to come. U beta be grateful.
you should make examples with federal schools. Actually OAU is over-hyped but it's all those painful stuffs she listed up there that makes you a GrEaT Ife in the real world grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2015
PHgirl:

abi o jare my sister. Na to get used to it o.
grin clap for urself o, keep enjoyin d break wink
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by buccunmie(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
proftosin:
yes o 1 more week
undecided
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by buccunmie(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
PHgirl:

seriously babe, how many months do u want more
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
babysmart:
It has now dawned on me that oau is just not the oba awon uni that it claims to be. Great ife great ife great ife.....what exactly is great about this school,pls? Is it because they have turned themselves to thunder that usually strikes? Or is it their extreme lack of maintenance of property and standard? Is it their non chalant attitude to the welfare of students? Or their inconsistency when it comes to dates of resumption or lecture times and venues? Someone pls enlighten me because i just do not seem to understand. It was my dream to be a student of this varsity, my mom is an alumnus and she was always telling me how great ife is, but,having spent roughly 2months in oau,I simply cannot tell what is great about the school. Is it just me? I feel like I simply wasted 3yrs of my life only to get admitted into a nightmare of a varsity. Well I can't change that now.

Good evening to everyone here, let's hope oau is sensible enough to release the authentic and 'nasu-agreed' resumption frm mid semester break date before tuesday.
#viewingin3D#
D law,booni...well,should I jst say they re living in the glory of the past,hw how una dy put am...we re in this already,options? Yeah...we got that,write jamb...start over,or wait til year 1 z over and do inter-university transfer...I'ono what else to say,I'm back on campus tho,can't stay at home that long...you good?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
babysmart:

abi o jare my sister. Na to get used to it o.
grin clap for urself o, keep enjoyin d break wink
abeg can you tell her nt to forget to study while she z enjoying the break? And em...no no no,nt saying the last one,should I? "Say it!!! Don't say it!!!" Ughhh...Joblesness is bad
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
babysmart:

#viewingin3D#
With all due respect I am disappointed that this piece is coming from a Great ife student, well am I surprised, this is a fresher speaking, The greatness of OAU is not a myth and I can boldly say OAU is not living in any form of Past glory, The greatness is not in the buildings nor infrastructure or is some form of abstract thing or is it in the hands of the management, The greatness of OAU is in the generality of the Great ife students and the onus lies on us to uphold that glory.

For you to say you don't see anything great in the school after spending roughly two months shows you are not observant and conscious of the environment in which you have stayed. May I put it to you all that with my two months in OAU I can say it anywhere that OAU is one in a million, it is a breeding ground for anything you want to become, it is a training ground for great men and achievers.

I don't know if you've noticed the equilibrium between the social, academic and spiritual life on campus, yeah!!! that's what we're talking about, I have had the opportunity to visit other universities and also have friends there too and I can boldly say that most of them envy us and wish they were here but they use the slow calendar to attack and beef us. This makes me ask if a fast academic calendar is a measure to knowing a qualitative University System? that's left for you to answer.

As great as USA is, they have a lot of issues they are battling with, there is no great Institution on earth without crisis and OAU is not an exception, may I let you know that OAU is not the only school having NASU issues at this point in time, I understand we are all pissed about the break but tarnishing the School's image on a public forum does not alleviate the issue at hand.

Babysmart this is not some form of attack or beef but I won't sit and fold my arms and let anyone talk trash about my school and in a few years time my alma matter, It is my duty as a great ife student to uphold and defend the integrity of Great ife and please I beseech us all to Always speak well of our school, if we tarnish the image of the school we are also not speaking well of ourselves as we are the constituents of the school and we might in the process of badmouthing discourage or kill the dream of a young individual that wants to attend the institution.

And if anyone feels coming to great ife is a waste of time, its not too late I tell you, you can still purchase another Jamb and try that school you think has a fast academic calendar and relate your experience there with OAU.

Peace smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by adexx1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
PHgirl:

Yeah. It should last for a week more. cheesy
or a year
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Did dammytrager jst type an epistle?!!! Who z next...Timmy? Well done y'all
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
9blast:
D law,booni...well,should I jst say they re living in the glory of the past,hw how una dy put am...we re in this already,options? Yeah...we got that,write jamb...start over,or wait til year 1 z over and do inter-university transfer...I'ono what else to say,I'm back on campus tho,can't stay at home that long...you good?

mo wa pa jare, greatest philosopher smiley
na past glory o. I no fit write another jamb,lemme just do jejely nd graduate...so u are back in skul,hopefully we'll resume dis week.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
Dammytrager:
With all due respect I am disappointed that this piece is coming from a Great ife student, well am I surprised, this is a fresher speaking, The greatness of OAU is not a myth and I can boldly say OAU is not living in any form of Past glory, The greatness is not in the buildings nor infrastructure or is some form of abstract thing or is it in the hands of the management, The greatness of OAU is in the generality of the Great ife students and the onus lies on us to uphold that glory.

For you to say you don't see anything great in the school after spending roughly two months shows you are not observant and conscious of the environment in which you have stayed. May I put it to you all that with my two months in OAU I can say it anywhere that OAU is one in a million, it is a breeding ground for anything you want to become, it is a training ground for great men and achievers.

I don't know if you've noticed the equilibrium between the social, academic and spiritual life on campus, yeah!!! that's what we're talking about, I have had the opportunity to visit other universities and also have friends there too and I can boldly say that most of them envy us and wish they were here but they use the slow calendar to attack and beef us. This makes me ask if a fast academic calendar is a measure to knowing a qualitative University System? that's left for you to answer.

As great as USA is, they have a lot of issues they are battling with, there is no great Institution on earth without crisis and OAU is not an exception, may I let you know that OAU is not the only school having NASU issues at this point in time, I understand we are all pissed about the break but tarnishing the School's image on a public forum does not alleviate the issue at hand.

Babysmart this is not some form of attack or beef but I won't sit and fold my arms and let anyone talk trash about my school and in a few years time my alma matter, It is my duty as a great ife student to uphold and defend the integrity of Great ife and please I beseech us all to Always speak well of our school, if we tarnish the image of the school we are also not speaking well of ourselves as we are the constituents of the school and we might in the process of badmouthing discourage or kill the dream of a young individual that wants to attend the institution.

And if anyone feels coming to great ife is a waste of time, its not too late I tell you, you can still purchase another Jamb and try that school you think has a fast academic calendar and relate your experience there with OAU.

Peace smiley

well, it seems dey av 'ro efo' for u. grin grin grin dami has chop vegetable soup o...dats y he's so passionate about ogbafemi. Dey dere may pant dey wear u tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
pamcode:
Abi now, i cant forget d preparations for pume like say i dey go for war chemistry especially

babysmart take it easy hen all would be well lol

yea... Aal izz well smiley
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
9blast:
abeg can you tell her nt to forget to study while she z enjoying the break? And em...no no no,nt saying the last one,should I? "Say it!!! Don't say it!!!" Ughhh...Joblesness is bad

grin grin grin
study kwa? Y is everybody saying dis is d best time to study Abeg dis is d best time to rest! Continue ur study wen we resume durrrh tongue
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
babysmart:

mo wa pa jare, greatest philosopher smiley
na past glory o. I no fit write another jamb,lemme just do jejely nd graduate...so u are back in skul,hopefully we'll resume dis week.
Call my school a Past glory again and I Promise you there will be a feast of OAU mosquitoes on you when you resume
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
9blast:
Did dammytrager jst type an epistle?!!! Who z next...Timmy? Well done y'all
if I don't defend my school who will?
smiley
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by mikeczay: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
my own simple. to those who dey enjoy haus, my frends wey enta last yr don dy part 2 ,1st semester almost writing test. my guy wey don resume, what is the situation in ogba?
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by babysmart(f): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
Dammytrager:
Call my school a Past glory again and I Promise you there will be a feast of OAU mosquitoes on you when you resume

rotfl grin grin grin
I bet u're proud of d mosquitoes nd flies too....shioor!
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
babysmart:

rotfl grin grin grin
I bet u're proud of d mosquitoes nd flies too....shioor!
hehe!!!...as long as they are in OAU they are great.
Don't lie can you compare the mosquitoes in your house to those in school?
grin
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by ADEWALE7777: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
abeg who dey on campus here...sey NA mosquitoes and flies NASU wan use fight us
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Dammytrager:

Peace smiley
what are you saying na. I agree with babysmart jhor the school is living on past glory. ahan you sef see yourself na, the way they pack us together in chemistry class and they will not still use mic. thank God they've repaired that 1000slt I was always scared of sitting at the middle row. they still even suffer us with water. buttery will raise the price of what they're selling like it's shoprite. physics department are even trying sef only that their instruments are weak, even the instructor was complaining that the instruments are old like 1980s set and they need to be replaced. botany department will cheat you by increasing the price of their drawing book, and yet their microscope will not still work. see lecturer will come 15mins to the end of the lecture and start telling us stories about his friends n family( how that one take concern my life). my friend on babcoc said it's different oh. I thought federal varsities should do better. OAU lacks maintenance mhen.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Dammytrager(m): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2015
pwreshbawz:
what are you saying na. I agree with babysmart jhor the school is living on past glory. ahan you sef see yourself na, the way they pack us together in chemistry class and they will not still use mic. thank God they've repaired that 1000slt I was always scared of sitting at the middle row. they still even suffer us with water. buttery will raise the price of what they're selling like it's shoprite. physics department are even trying sef only that their instruments are weak, even the instructor was complaining that the instruments are old like 1980s set and they need to be replaced. botany department will cheat you by increasing the price of their drawing book, and yet their microscope will not still work. see lecturer will come 15mins to the end of the lecture and start telling us stories about his friends n family( how that one take concern my life). my friend on babcoc said it's different oh. I thought federal varsities should do better. OAU lacks maintenance mhen.
It seems you guys are blinded by prejudice that you can't see the good side of the school and please i also do practicals too and the instruments are very okay for the practicals so I don't know what you are talking about.

About the Price of commodities, that's how it is Osun state and I don't think OAU is outside Osun, and the increments are not that much sev, Go to unilag, ui they also jampack them like sardines in a class and sometimes they dont have mic too, and its not as if they just pack us all in a class, we have been grouped to have classes at specific times, it is we fresher's that will go and attend a class meant for another group thereby exhausting all the seats and leaving some people standing, is the school to be blamed for that?

I don't Just know if you guys don't know how a university system works in Nigeria, it would have been better if you can go to other varsities maybe on a tour or something and spend a couple of days there and you'd know what you're enjoying in OAU.

If you as a student can call OAU a past glory, I wonder how a non- great ife student will see the school, it seems you don't know that a dent on OAU is a dent on us all.
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by olagockay(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o... So some r already tired of Oba Adaniduro University
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2015
buccunmie:

seriously babe, how many months do u want more

Months?? shocked
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by PHgirl(f): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2015
adexx1:
or a year

Heaven forbid. sad
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by Olorodegbng(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2015
2015 OAU POST-UTME HOLDS AUG 8TH FOR BOTH DIRECT ENTRY AND POST-UTME CANDIDATES.
FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE AND A 3-WEEK MARATHONIC REVISION CLASSES PREPARED FOR ALL THE CANDIDATES IN PROGRESS @ GOD FIRST TUTORS 26,EDE RD ILE-IFE. ACCOMMODATION ALSO AVAILABLE FOR DISTANT STUDENTS.

2014 POST-UTME TESTIMONIES
* AFOLBI ROSELYN 308
* OLOWE SEUN 304
* OMIDIRE JANET 300
* OLOYEDE JOSHUA 277
* OGUNTOLA DEBRAH 288
* TAIWO BISI 280
* MAJIYAGBE CECILIA 276
FOR INFORMATION, CALL/MESSAGE .08160840144/08056559171.
WE TEACH, GOD GIVES SUCCESS. COME YOUR SUCCESS IS SURE
Re: The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. by adexx1(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2015
PHgirl:

Heaven forbid. sad
it beta forbids d one week as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (573) (Reply)

Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.