Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

A Book I'd Love To Read Again - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Book I'd Love To Read Again (613 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / 5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / Let's Write A Book! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Book I'd Love To Read Again by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
I was a lover of books back in the days. Whether it's The ABC Murders (AC) or The Vulture is a Patient Bird (HC) or Things Fall Apart (CA) or Ade, Our Naughty Little Brother or... The list is endless. And I had no particular preference really. If I sense a book'll make a good read, then it's on.

But there's this book I chanced upon one December in the 80s. The book is titled Agony in Her Voice. I so much enjoyed it that, for several hours, I couldn't chew anything else but this book. I re-read it several times just as I did to TFA.

I still remember the beautiful Kainda, the envy of both students and teachers, and her unbelievable choice of a lover, Mbatau.

I still long to have this book in my hands, but I don't think it's still in print. How can it be in this day and age?

Have you read this book? What do you think about that goatie teacher who wrote the girl, Kainda, a love letter? Please share your experience with me and smurfy-kind.
Re: A Book I'd Love To Read Again by pimplucious: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
I used to be an ardent reader of Hardley Chase and I've read loads of his book. Miss Shumway waves a wand is one of his book I'd love to read again.

I read it once in 2001 and I've been looking to re read it again ever since but I've not come across it again.

"if tomorrow comes" is one book I'd love to read again. Could remember my dad stopping me from reading it saying I'm too small to read such book. This was way way back. Somehow I didn't forget that event.
Re: A Book I'd Love To Read Again by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
pimp_lucious :
I used to be an ardent reader of Hardley Chase and I've read loads of his book. Miss Shumway waves a wand is one of his book I'd love to read again.

I read it once in 2001 and I've been looking to re read it again ever since but I've not come across it again.

"if tomorrow comes" is one book I'd love to read again. Could remember my dad stopping me from reading it saying I'm too small to read such book. This was way way back. Somehow I didn't forget that event.

Hadley Chase's other books I've read include You've Got it Coming, No Orchids for Miss Blandish, Well Now My Pretty. I can't remember others.

(1) (Reply)

Elusive Qualities Of Good Writing That Can’t Be Taught By Glen Long / True Facts Of World & The Hereafter / Husband Scarcity..!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.