Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Are We Against Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Against Us? (1093 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We Against Us? by dubem3(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
For some time now, I've been having these thoughts breeze in and out of my head even when am fully occupied with the day's business, so today, I've decided to throw open these thoughts so that together we can either relish the taste of our folly or boo the malignant spirits that seem to have us under some 'you get sense but your brain no go work' spell...

First among these is the issue of ASUU STRIKE:
Having duly examined the cause of this stand down, the long and short of the whole story is. a) upgrade the standard of our higher institutions and the quality of education derivable therein. b) pay us the outstandings that you owe us.
Am not about to dabble into the strike itself rather my are of interest is;

I)STUDENTS: Let it be known that I feel your pains and I know your anguish. ASUU from the look of things is fighting on behalf of students. The quality of students produced is of such importance to them that they have put themselves in the line of fire, fighting for something for which they are not the utmost beneficiaries. Why have the students instead of joining forces with them decided to turn against them? Is it about the years in school or the resultant effect of those years? Why would we rather travel abroad in search of education and turn our backs now that we can actually have at home what we seek abroad?

II)GOVERNMENT: The word government seem to be so overwhelming that we can not fathom its actual meaning. How did government become bigger than the people? I do not want to go on mentioning the mundane tasks where we've expended money just for the mere thought of it popping up in someone's mind. We call billions and spend them so much and at frivolities so much so that the true value of these monies are erased in the mind of the common man. Why then is it so difficult to invest these monies on Education, the sure future and only way to go for any people? Why do we neglect the meaningful things and shower such attention on inanities? Why does it all have to be about Politics?

III) ASUU: people are known to become very dedicated and astute as soon as the talk about anything gets to gains. Majority of us here passed through the University and we all know you this so called ASUU, we can place faces to your names and can testify to the manner with which you discharge your duties. a lot of you no doubt are into all this for the gains of it. Majority really do not care what becomes of the students as long as your hollow pockets are well serviced. But for the expectations and the beam of light that would fall on you if these demands are met, I think they should be met. Our schools should be purged of you half educated, self proclaimed tutors in the business of ripping students and parents off and replaced with charismatic and well groomed teachers in the business not for the gains but the joys of it.

Secondly and probably the last (this post is getting too long) is the Issue of[/b] Stella and the two bullet proof BMW[b]

I have this to say; let every corrupt officer irrespective of political or ethnic affiliation pay for his or her sins. If we as a people are even remotely serious about fighting corruption, we could be quiet about the looters that are yet to be discovered but letting the culpable ones walk on such flimsy excuses as ethnic affiliation is a self destruct button.
I have not said that Stella is guilty, but she should be tried fairly and made to face the music if found wanting.

It is time we looked beyond immediate gains and focused on a bigger picture. Internationalization of an airport is the reason she is being followed around by detractors? What would they have done had this not come up? Killed themselves?(We would like that)
The only avenue for us (the masses) to fight our detractors(corrupt office holders) is by praying for them to fall out with each other and once that happens, NO COW should be too holy to be slaughtered.
Re: Are We Against Us? by ayobase(m): 7:33am On Oct 21, 2013
Thank you so much my brother....God bless you!

I'm in total support of this ASUU strike, even if ASUU is fighting for their selfish interest of which I don't know, and if this selfish interest is going to bring about revolution to the educational sector.

Do you mind those students that are against ASUU over this matter. Some of them are myopic, "make I just go school, finish and get out" mentality!

Most of them don't think about 2moro.

Those that are supposed to be adamant not to resume if the government wouldn't consider the conditions of ASUU, the immediate educational father.

U can see why Nigeria is in a state of failure. Leaders of tomorrow and today are very cold, gutless and lackadaisical.

Imagine what the teens/youths of France and Egypt did!

This is a front page thread. Mods pls, can you help with this to the FP. Thanks!
Re: Are We Against Us? by dubem3(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
What beats me is the tact with which we always find diversion from the issue at hand. Always channelling towards a political, religious, ethnic undertone. We end up not knowing what exactly our problem is. We have a very potent wand with which we turn good to bad and bad to good.

(1) (Reply)

A Conspiracy Beyond Aviation Cars: The Amaechi- Dino Melaye Connection / No Assassination Attempt On Oduah - FCT Police / Enugu State Gov Chime Present N93.2bn 2014 Appropriation Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.