Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers (18442 Views)

Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / Policemen Threaten To Shoot & Arrest UNIABUJA Students / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2013
After pleading with the Federal Government and the striking lecturers to no avail, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) chapter of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), have vowed to embark on a fund raising mission to pay the lecturers of the University of Abuja Chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

According to the Chairman NANS (FCT), Comrade Adediwura Ismaeel Adesina:"So far Nigerian students have tried their best and we have realized that Nigerian government and ASUU have exhausted our patience. We went on different peaceful protests in FCT for them to know our plights and at the end of the day nothing was done. ASUU continues to agitate for this money even as the Federal Government keeps saying that there is no money. We begged ASUU to return to classes it refused while our future is in jeopardy. That is why the National Association of Nigerian Students, Joint Campuses Committee FCT axis now decided that since that is the case, the students can pay ASUU. "

He said since the entire NANS can no longer reach a consensus on the ASUU strike, the FCT chapter decided to tackle on the challenges of the University of Abuja that is within its jurisdiction.

On how the students will raise the money, Adesina said: "The stakeholders and NANS of FCT have now declared a month rag service in FCT. We will move around from November 1 to the end of November. We will move from one office to another, streets and different markets. We will talk to our parents, talk to our brothers around FCT and we know from the one month rag days, we will be able to raise substantial amount to pay ASUU."

He explained that since the FCT NANS does not have the financial capacity to pay the entire ASUU, it will battle to settle the only university in the territory-University of Abuja.

He promised that for transparency and accountability, the union will announce its daily collections on radios and televisions stations.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=11400&catid=42
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Ok
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by fuadnero(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2013
source!!!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2013
fuadnero: source!!!
myschool.com

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2013
This dude wants to pay lecturers with proceeds from rag rallies, how much does he think an average PhD holder earns in a federal university.. I need some of that weeds Comrade Adediwura Ismaeel
Adesina: is smoking. grin grin

13 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Tuntheycr7: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2013
That guy is a joke.
Well another good way for him to increase his personal bank account.
Smh...
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Wittywizard(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2013
... Smh... U can't even pay my h.o.d for mathematics salary in UniAbuja not even of security... Dr. Franklin not to talk of oda lecturers... Mayb u just woke up 3am bfore typin

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by dayo23(f): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2013
Arant nonsence!!! pure rubish

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by RockMaxi: 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
This Nigga is high on Weed!

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Sermwell(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Another way of making money for personal interest! Wat if the ASUU strike gets called off midway into the collection, will there be a refund? This guyz have after failing Nigerian students devise means of enriching themselves. Smh

2 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by iterator25: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wittywizard: ... Smh... U can even pay my h.o.d for mathematics... Dr. Franklin not to talk of oda lecturers... Mayb u just woke up 3am bfore typin
what's this one saying

5 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by yuzedo: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Peasants!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by YoshiMaster: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: This dude wants to pay lecturers with proceeds from rag rallies, how much does he think an average PhD holder earns in a federal university.. I need some of that weeds Comrade Adediwura Ismaeel

You can't fault him for proffering solutions though.

I, for one, commend them for at least trying to think outside the box in seeking a resolution to the ASUU problem.

4 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Is dis in d front page? I can't believe dis. Baba God noni
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: This dude wants to pay lecturers with proceeds from rag rallies, how much does he think an average PhD holder earns in a federal university.. I need some of that weeds Comrade Adediwura Ismaeel

I can smell the kush from over here. grin

Anyways, I believe this effort is just to get some attention. But it's an effort nonetheless.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by YoshiMaster: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
odizeey: Is dis in d front page? I can't believe dis. Baba God noni

Haha, God is good!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
lool.. ajebor children after 2months dey will get tired abi dey think lecturers salary is 50k

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Fazhy: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
He explained that since the FCT NANS does not have the financial capacity to pay the entire ASUU, it will battle to settle the only university in the territory-University of Abuja.

Political stunt.

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
So it's now onto ragging levels?

I'm still yet to be convinced that NANS executives have a functional brain
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by timpaker(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2013

Make dem no rag come my side oooo.
My friend was robbed last year by students pretending to be on 'rag' day
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by greaterlove(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
I quite agree with you, the students are the ones to pay for part of ASUU's demands after the strike, school fees are going to skyrocket across federal universities, Adesina and co should start talking to their parents and not going on rag rallies.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
God punish this idiots. I was almost supporting them but on a second thought, this guys are greedy old men, destroying students lives with no sense of regret.

Why can't they just sue the FG since it was an agreement, wait let me guess, they don't want to spend their money, but they can waste students lives without twitching an eye.
We always blame FG, but these lecturers are as worse as the politicians themselves, I can bet that over 40% (esp Professors, Dr) are not in Nigeria as we are speaking, we complain that our politicians children aren't schooling in Nigeria but these greedy men are not different, even the son of Ondo state's deputy governor schools at OAU - tell me why he would want to send any of his children to FG universities later.

I just don't understand, this idiots are fighting for their pockets - for bigger offices, ac fitted - not students. I school in OAU and I'm not complaining, in-fact, no student is complaining. OAU increased Acceptance fee from 2000naira to 20,000naira, a whooping 1000% increase, when we students protested they advised us to stop and called us all sorts.

No lecturer supported students. For Pre-degree programme, the fee is over 150thousand naira, to write post utme, you'd have to pay over 3000naira, to check you'd have to pay over 3000naira, pls where do you think all these money is going to. Its not like we are given free food or learning materials.

This lecturers sit in AC tight offices, travel anyhow even during school semesters all in the name of research, the same lecturers fighting for students will come back from trips in the middle of semesters and give students only course outline and ask us to go learn ourselves.

Same lecturers demanded more than once that their retirement age be extended when millions of graduates are out of work. They want allowance because they are teaching more than 1 course, these same men and women of no reputable standard went to school on scholarship, with free food, books, and so on.

Damn ASUU and their sympathisers. They sit in AC tight offices with numerous gadgets when ordinary ceiling fans in students room aren't working.

They collect hundreds of millions in different fees but must new classrooms in OAU are built by Private companies and individuals such as first bank, I bet the rest are from FG funds.

I WILL STOP UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EVEN THOUGH FG IS CORRUPT, THESE LECTURERS ARE NOT ANY BETTER.

57 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Haha, God is good!
I don dey beef n try since but God has made it possible I dedicate it to all d viewers Mr seun my mummy,daddy,brother,newly admitted uniben students n ASUU

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Haha, God is good!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by bookface: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
So they want lecuturers to resume back to class while students are out of class begging for money? - and someone - a human being, somebody's son/daughter - actually thought this is a "smart" idea?

Abeg make una pass that nice weed reach hia o.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by geesilver(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
The result of too much weed, this guys must bε A̶̲̥̅ commedian, abi he think say their salary na mai-mai, oole big thief.mtchew
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Davo93(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
I don't seems to understand what they mean 'we are going to pay ASUU'. Are they talking about the earned allowance of ASUU, UNIABUJA Branch or just pay the lecturers to break the rule enforcing the strike right from her national secretariat?
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nans go nyash down,even if say na lyk dat pple de take dash money out.See ur mouth lyk going to offices n markets.Bet wateva u r taking is Raised to power10!!!Funny pple
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Sheenor: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
K
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by 4reigningqueen: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
really!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Ikpeba's Top Grammarian Grammar / 3 OAU Students' Union Leaders Bag 14 Semesters Suspension / Admission Into Ecotes University Cotonou, Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.