Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70799 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nba Season '08/09 by maden9ja(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2008
Hey Landers,

I'm very much excited about the upcoming NBA season, It's about 3 to 4 months premature, I know, I know,

But I just can't help feel the excitement, especially about the draft,
In my opinion, OJ Mayo is going to surprise alot of pple, I'd have to say that he's a tad underrated and he's a lot to prove, Beasley is going to rip it up in Sout beach and I don't know about Rose, I know he's the top pick and all, but watching him in college, I thot he's more like a combo guard, who can make plays, a la Gilbert Arenas, Seems like the Bulls want him to be the next JKidd, CP3 or Deron Williams, The jury is still out on u young fella, I wonder what number he'll wear in Chicago(no. 23 is untouchable),

Duhon signs wit the Knicks, I wonder where that leaves my man Marbury, I hope to goes to a team like Miami whre he he has chance to win and start (possibly), and yes He's still got game, U pple shud just cut him some slack,
It broke my heart to see Baron sign with LA Clippers, Warriors were one of my fave teams these last few years, ONe of the best offences in the Association,

Warriors better not Ellis go, same goes for Hawks with Josh Smith,

Do u guys think Team USA, will suck it up, stop giving excuses and win gold this year?? It's about time, pple are beginning to think they aren't the basketball powerhouse anymore,

Your thots?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by SeanT21(f): 3:55am On Jul 10, 2008
if they play together as a team they can win the gold medal.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by maden9ja(m): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2008
Yeah, they've put together a very good team this time around, Anything below Gold will be an  underachievement,

I spoke too soon about LA Clippers,  now that Elton has bolted to Philly, I don't like the Clippers' chances in that conference,

but man, Philly suddenly look very good, at least on paper, let's see what they do in the season,  but they're loaded man,  They've got Andre Miller, Iguodala, the promising rookie Young, Brand and Dalembart, they better keep that young exciting player, Louis Williams, kid can flat out ball man,

Baron Davis must be scratching his head very hard right now, 

do u  think the Raptors' fortunes will be significantly improved now that they've J. Oneal? I think,  they just ought to get another point guard to back up Calderon,
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 1:10am On Jul 13, 2008
Are you freaking kidding me. . . .

I just found out Brent Barry once won the Slam Dunk contest.

Now that is a shocker. . . .He beat Finley too, and Finley had mad hops back in the days you know.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 1:15am On Jul 13, 2008
as usual, still rooting for the knicks this season.
hope they get they act right.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by maden9ja(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2008
@Doyin 13,

Of course Brent Barry won the slam dunk contest, then he was wit the clippers,  Man u should've seen it,  He did the free throw line dunk,  a la Micheal Jordan,

he was a solid and flashy player in those days, used to play like Jason Williams, but more under control,

@gabe,
man i suggest u start rooting fr another team,  the last time i checked, the signing of Duhon was the only thing they did so far this off season, but the season is stil a couple of months away,  maybe a miracle could happen be4 then,
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by SeanT21(f): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2008
gabe_logan:

as usual, still rooting for the knicks this season.
hope they get they act right.

O NO U DIDNT SAY KNICKS!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2008
the knicks are a team very close to my heart. i dnt know y, i just love the team (maybe cos of the magical 98 knicks that went all the way to the finals). well, i still have hope that they'll turn the corner and become a formidable team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2008
The knicks were the team that killed basketball, and Pat Riley was the primary Orchestrator.

Bloody chap slowed down the game with his play calling etc.

Turned Basketball into a fiesta of X and O'S
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2008
This season goes straight to the Houston Rockets. Now that we got Artest on the team. . . . what wonders we can do. I also have hopes for the Chicago Bulls. Being that they got that great freshmen player resulting from the draft, i have alot of hopes for that team. I really wanna see how the Celtics come back acting. Will they have a big ego like the Pistons after they beat the Lakers, or will they come in humbly looking for their next win? Can't wait to find out.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

This season goes straight to the Houston Rockets. Now that we got Artest on the team. . . . what wonders we can do. I also have hopes for the Chicago Bulls. Being that they got that great freshmen player resulting from the draft, i have alot of hopes for that team. I really want to see how the Celtics come back acting. Will they have a big ego like the Pistons after they beat the Lakers, or will they come in humbly looking for their next win? Can't wait to find out.
Thats a good question the Pistons really let the title win get into their head and they have not recovered since even La Lakers that won 3 straight didnt show off that much
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
This season is all about the Houston Rockets and the Chicago Bulls. Everybody else is just whatever.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

This season is all about the Houston Rockets and the Chicago Bulls. Everybody else is just whatever.
I beg to differ Ma'am
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

I beg to differ Ma'am
Oh so it is about your Mavericks eh? A team that has never won nothing? Please wake up from you slumber.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh so it is about your Mavericks eh? A team that has never won nothing? Please wake up from you slumber.
Abeg make i hear word!! If a Bulls,Lakers or Celtics fan was talking i will keep quiet but definitely not a Rocket
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

Abeg make i hear word!! If a Bulls,Lakers or Celtics fan was talking i will keep quiet but definitely not a Rocket
Did you not see that winning streak last season? You obviously didn't. Now that they got Artest on the team. . . . what wonders that will happen. So don't put your hopes on them Dallas Boys. They have won nothing and continue to win nothing.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by chiogo(f): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

Hahaha, damn right! rockets for where?? Celtics all day, baby!! tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2008
chiogo:

Hahaha, damn right! rockets for where?? Celtics all day, baby!! tongue
I can't wait to see how the Celtics come back acting. They probably going to be like the Pistons and fall into that ego thing. But maybe they might be like the Spurs and win back to back. I doubt it but there is always hope.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

I can't wait to see how the Celtics come back acting. They probably going to be like the Pistons and fall into that ego thing. But maybe they might be like the Spurs and win back to back. I doubt it but there is always hope.
The Spurs have never won back to back rings.I just think last season might have taken all their energy but i am sure they are not as cocky as the Pistons

onyinye2:

Did you not see that winning streak last season? You obviously didn't. Now that they got Artest on the team. . . . what wonders that will happen. So don't put your hopes on them Dallas Boys. They have won nothing and continue to win nothing.
Just one streak? we have done three in one season before streaks count for nothing come playoff time
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

Just one streak? we have done three in one season before streaks count for nothing come playoff time
The Mavericks have won nothing. Which is pretty surprising seeing there starting line up but what can you expect from a Dallas boy.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
@onyinye
I hear you ooh!! but if it where the Spurs or more established franchises talking i would understand

BTW: The redeemed team are looking very redeemed they are just crushing every and any team on their way that line-up is just too strong
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

BTW: The redeemed team are looking very redeemed they are just crushing every and any team on their way that line-up is just too strong
I know!!! Did you see that game today? It was just incredible. Carmelo Anthony was shooting threes and Chris Paul was crossing over every body. I must admit Scola(fellow Rocket player) was playing good today. He was really an asset for the Argies. But my all time favorite game was the one vs. China. I still get goose bumps when i see the play back of LeBron James literally stealing that ball right before it entered the basket. That was ill.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

I know!!! Did you see that game today? It was just incredible. Carmelo Anthony was shooting threes and Chris Paul was crossing over every body. I must admit Scola(fellow Rocket player) was playing good today. He was really an asset for the Argies. But my all time favorite game was the one vs. China. I still get goose bumps when i see the play back of LeBron James literally stealing that ball right before it entered the basket. That was ill.
If only he did that more with the Nuggets.Kobe was pretty quiet today but my man Chris Paul that dude was something else.I dont even want to talk about the game against China it was like a highlight show at one point i was wondering if those Chinese where basketball players or manual labourers
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
A-40:

If only he did that more with the Nuggets.Kobe was pretty quiet today but my man Chris Paul that dude was something else.I don't even want to talk about the game against China it was like a highlight show at one point i was wondering if those Chinese where basketball players or manual labourers
PLEASE!!!!! China claims to be the biggest fans of Basketball. So then why do they suck so bad at it? It look like they just took folk off the street and called them TEAM CHINA. I mean it was pitiful. Yeah Kobe was quiet, but that is okay. Today's game is not a crucial as the Gold Medal Match. So i want him to save that Laker energy and bring home the gold. Tell me why that these ballers play so good in the Olympics but when it comes to NBA season, some of them be like "What the hell?". Esp. Carmelo Anthony. When he is with the Nuggets, he plays just to get by. But here, he is making threes, shooting perfect free throws, the whole enchilada. Same with Scola. Oka mind you that Scola is already a great player. But what i have been seeing so far in the Olympics is Scola alter ego and that is a beast. I wish he will bring some of that home with him when NBA starts.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2008
The US were lucky today. . . .I reckon if Manu had not gone off injured,
the score would have been a lot closer. His 20 per for the tourney was
greatly missed.

But did you see Scola play some ball. . . . .dropped 28 points against all comers
He did play a lot of minutes though
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2008
USA didnt get lucky. That game was already won from the beginning. That was just a warm up game for the US. Man US had that game in the bag. Did you not see those threes, LeBrone was chunking? Those were sick. Sundays game, is going down in history.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2008
@onyinye
Of course what do you expect its an all-star team nobody wants to get outdone by their team-mates they are all stars with big egos and no one would want to be the fall-guy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
Of course what do you expect its an all-star team nobody wants to get outdone by their team-mates they are all stars with big egos and no one would want to be the fall-guy
If so, why isn't Boozer on his A-game? He hasn't been doing much of anything. Or been proving to that coach of theirs that he should have more game time.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2008
@onyinye
Well lets make Boozer the fall-guy then i dont really blame him though as he isnt getting too many minutes and he isnt the most dominant man on the paint either.Dwight Howard seems to be stealing some of his shine
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2008
A-40:

@onyinye
Well lets make Boozer the fall-guy then i don't really blame him though as he isnt getting too many minutes and he isnt the most dominant man on the paint either.Dwight Howard seems to be stealing some of his shine
Well yeah. . . . Boozer aint really one of the majors. Dwight Howard is a real asset on that team. He gets the rebounds, takes open shots, and shots accurate free throws. But i must admit the team would be nothing with out LeBrone, Kobe, and Dwayne.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2008
Lebron and Kobe have been the real stars no doubt i like Chris Paul too
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2008
Oh yeah. . . . Chris Paul has been proving himself time and time again. He uses his height as an advantage. He does ill crossovers and jumps the highest for rebounds. And he got speed. He is quick on his feet and always ready for a fast break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

A Great White Shark Is Named After Kobe Bryant / Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.