Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (70849 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Melo down, relax.

I didnt just give you D.wade I listed other players (new and improved)
I don't see the hawks making the playoffs this year.
With Arena's knee problem ( even without) the Heat are better than them.
The heats are better than Sixers too ( I say that with a little bit of skeptism)
  Not so fast there . . . Washington pretty much played the whole season without Arenas and they did just fine coming in 5th in the east. I would expect they'd even be more adjusted/experienced since they've had all of last yr to get accustomed to his absence.

Orlando getting ranked. What are you talking about? undecided College basketball.
Orlando had the  3rd best record in the eastern division last year. Dwight Howard is the most dominant center coupled with Turkoglu, Rashard lewis, they will definitely make the playoff.
  That was about to be my next point. Orlando will consistently be in the playoffs for years to come as long as Howard is in that line-up.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Melo down,  relax.
LMAO!!! If you think im hyped up now, wait till the season starts.

LASIEFAIRE:

I didnt just give you D.wade I listed other players (new and improved)
I don't see the hawks making the playoffs this year.
With Arena's knee problem ( even without) the Heat are better than them.
The heats are better than Sixers too ( I say that with a little bit of skeptism)
As I said before, new and improved can only get you so far when you don't have to key players. With out Shaq, i don't see Championship ring for Miami any time soon.

Now about those Atlanta Hawks, well. . . . hmmmm. This team truly baffles me you know. When you expect them to do bad, they do good. When you have high expectations for them and have gained respect, they utterly disappoint you. Who knows, this team is truly a wild card.

The Sixers are a lost cause. Ever since Iverson left, i have just been at lost with this team. It is like they don't even care any more. Like they are already given up.

LASIEFAIRE:

Orlando getting ranked. What are you talking about? undecided College basketball.
Orlando had the  3rd best record in the eastern division last year. Dwight Howard is the most dominant center coupled with Turkoglu, Rashard lewis, they will definitely make the playoff.
See about them making the Playoffs hmmm. . . . . . Maybe, maybe not. Do i think they will make 2nd round, hell naw. They need more than Dwight Howard before that happens.

LASIEFAIRE:

Note: Playoff = all post season games. I'm not talking about the Eastern or Western playoff final, or Nba championship final
I'll keep that for future reference.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2008
angry Hate to admit, but yeah thats true. Wizards played without Arenas.
I put the heat ahead of wizards because:
1. Wade is back ( I think he is more important to his team than Arenas is)
2. The Matrix will be better incorporated into their game plan.
3. Micheal Beasley.  grin that boy will drop points. E no go easy
4. I like the heats (this reason alone is good enough tongue)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
All bets go to the Rockets for me. I know, I know. . . . yal are probably baffled in how i can trash talk all the other teams down but still got hope for the Rockets. Well well well, as most of NBA fans know, Artest has been lawfully given to us. Which couldnt have asked more for. I mean i just have a feeling that we gonna see second round for the Playoffs this year. I mean Scola was recking on the Argies team in the Olympics and Yao really tried his hardest for China. So you know i really have hope for this team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

angry Hate to admit, but yeah thats true. Wizards played without Arenas.
I put the heat ahead of wizards because:
1. Wade is back ( I think he is more important to his team than Arenas is)
2. The Matrix will be better incorporated into their game plan.
3. Micheal Beasley. grin that boy will drop points. E no go easy
[s]4. I like the heats (this reason alone is good enough tongue)[/s]
Good points except #4 cool. Plus Arenas is still slated to return this yr so the wizards can only get better.

onyinye2:

All bets go to the Rockets for me. I know, I know. . . . yal are probably baffled in how i can trash talk all the other teams down but still got hope for the Rockets. Well well well, as most of NBA fans know, Artest has been lawfully given to us. Which couldnt have asked more for. I mean i just have a feeling that we going to see second round for the Playoffs this year. I mean Scola was recking on the Argies team in the Olympics and Yao really tried his hardest for China. So you know i really have hope for this team.
hehe . . . mark my words, you'll soon be "lawfully divorced" cool All Artest's marriages have failed so far, what's going to make his newest stint in Houston any different? smiley
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ Jesoul
How do you feel about your team?
Do you think luck and the NBA refs will be their sides this season like last season.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

@ Jesoul
Do you think luck and the NBA refs will be their sides this season like last season.
I think i just made a new NBA friend.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

@ Jesoul
*singing again: haters they gon hate, players they go play* cool
Infact ya'll should take pointers and slide the refs a $20 every now n then, I hear the refs don't make a boatload of dough . . . it can work wonders for your season cool who knows you might be holding the trophy next yr . . . or NOT! grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2008
Onyinye don't hate cos the Rockets ain't goin nowhere this season cool. . . if they like win 22-games in a row again, dat one no go do dem anytin. The Hornets are coming in #1 this yr . . . after which the Celtics will send them back home crying as we pick up a back-to-back cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by onyinye2(f): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hornets who? Those jambalaya eating folks be number 1? Tufiakwa!!! That will happen when Chris Paul finally uses his full power, which aint this season. Yes he is very good player with mad skillz, but he aint no natural player like Kobe. Chis Paul has some maturing to do.

Don't hate on us Rockets. Cause when you play with fire, Get ready to be burned. cool We bringing the Championships back home to its RIGHTFUL place which is HOUSTON SCREWSTON TEXAS.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
JeSoul:

*singing again: haters they gon hate, players they go play* cool
Infact ya'll should take pointers and slide the refs a $20 every now n then, I hear the refs don't make a boatload of dough . . . it can work wonders for your season cool who knows you might be holding the trophy next yr . . . or NOT! grin

Me am *singing : celtics gone bribe, patriots gone tape* tongue tongue tongue
LoL. Maybe Redsox can actual win the world series the Legit way. Not.

Blame Brady for my attitude towards Boston teams.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
onyinye2:

Hornets who? Those jambalaya eating folks be number 1? Tufiakwa!!! That will happen when Chris Paul finally uses his full power, which aint this season. Yes he is very good player with mad skillz, but he aint no natural player like Kobe. Chis Paul has some maturing to do.

Don't hate on us Rockets. Cause when you play with fire, Get ready to be burned. cool We bringing the Championships back home to its RIGHTFUL place which is HOUSTON SCREWSTON TEXAS.

LOL . . . what do you have against Jambalaya? cheesy I'm telling you, the force of Paul, Chandler and West will be one to reckon with next season.
Rightful place my behind grin I ain't hating on ur rockets, just stating a fact sweetie, your boys ain't even getting to the western semis cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Me am *singing : celtics gone bribe, patriots gone tape* tongue tongue tongue
  Sports motto is to "win at all costs"! hehe so in 10yrs no one will be singing your-sad-love-song  cheesy they'll just talking about how many championships the city of Boston raked in this decade  cool lemme count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 . . . . should I continue? grin

LoL. Maybe Redsox can actual win the world series the Legit way. Not.
  hehe what will the haters say now about the RedSox last 2 trophys? it was Manny's dreds that jazzed the other teams?  grin

Blame Brady for my attitude towards Boston teams.
  ahah what did Brady do to you? Abeg leave my second husband alone jare  smiley  cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
JeSoul:

Sports motto is to "win at all costs"! hehe so in 10yrs no one will be singing your-sad-love-song cheesy they'll just talking about how many championships the city of Boston raked in this decade cool let me count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 . . . . should I continue? grin

Typical boston fan angry always cocky like Brady.
But its good enjoy while you can. It might just take you another 50 years to win the NBA championship grin

hehe what will the haters say now about the RedSox last 2 trophys? it was Manny's dreds that jazzed the other teams? grin
Not only manny dreads, Youkilis, big papi, Manny and 50% of the team used steriods stronger than those of the other teams. Thats what I heard oh.

ahah what did Brady do to you? Abeg leave my second husband alone jare smiley cool
He is cocky and overated
no sense of humor
good camera-man (I heard he taped some of the games)
brady and Belichick are dictators. I refuse to have a fascist regime in NFL.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
I saw some funny posts here and i couldnt help laughing.Orlando is definitely heading to the play-offs and would most likely retain their Division title with a roster containing Howard,Turkoglu and Lewis they are sure bankers

@onyinye
I am just quietly hopeful Carlisle brings something new he did a good job with Indiana and i hope he does even better with Dallas.Why are you sleeping on Orlando? they are better than your Rockets tongue
If you get Odom then yall would be strong candidates for going past the first round but i dont think the Lakers will be so stupid

My favorites for the West are still the L.A Lakers with Bynum back those guys will be tough to beat! contenders are Hornets,Jazz,Dallas,Spurs,

The Wizards are the Eastern Conference version of the Denver Nuggets they play fantastic offense but zero D and thats why they have found it so hard to go past the first round
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
onyinye

abeg leave my team alone!!

i love the new york knicks and have been a fan since, since i knew what basketball was.
there is no doubt that there is a lot of talent on that team, plus potential all star center EDDY CURRY. ive said it b4, now they've gotten rid of isaiah, the team is goin play positively this season.

ANYONE WILLING TO BET, THE KNICKS ARE GOIN MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2008
@gabe_Logan
Nor kill me with laugh!! You and this your Dodan Warriors club
You guys need a blockbuster trade a la Celtics but unfortunately yall dont even have any chips to trade with
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by gabelogan(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
did u read the last sentence in my last post? it said the knicks are goin make it to the playoffs.

we dnt need any trade (we'll, i think we need to acquire an additonal centre cos james is crap), but i belive d'antoni is goin mould a cohesive, competitive unit with the talent available. once again, the dream starting line-up

pg: stephon marbury

sg: jaamal crawford (reminds me of myself when i was younger and weighed a lot less)

sf: wilson chandler (yes, wilson chandler. had an exceptional summer league)

pf: zach randolph

c: whoe else, EDDY CURRY

a-40, confess, aint there talent on dis team?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2008
@gabe_logan
Seriously you are being unrealistic you guys cannot win 30 games with your current squad dont let D'Antoni's arrival fool you he had better talent in the Suns

Stephon Marbury - Over the hill heck he was over the hill when D'Antoni got to Phoneix

Crawford - Hmm a pretty good player but deserves a better club than the Knicks

Randolph - You must be joking that guy could lose a few pounds and learn to stop shooting bricks

Chandler - Average Joe

Curry - Same as above

Do yall still have Quentin Richardson

Compare that team to Phoenix

Nash

Barbosa

Stoudemire

Shaq

Diaw

Bell

Grant Hill

Come on man be realistic
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:50am On Sep 20, 2008
eddy curry literally has no heart, u suck as a center when u barely have more rebounds per game than the backup pg (nate robinson) cheesy . the knicks are the oakland raiders of the NBA. talent on paper, horrible as a team. zach randolph and eddy curry on the same team? two guys who can't play the defense or dish to open guards if their lives depended on it. that frontcourt is a black hole. good job overpaying for jerome james and jared jeffries. dumb ass franchise.

Crawford - Hmm a pretty good player but deserves a better club than the Knicks

crawford is average just like ben gordon.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by jgirl3: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2008
gabe_logan:

did u read the last sentence in my last post? it said the knicks are goin make it to the playoffs.
Which Knicks? The New York ones or did a recent positive mutation in that team take place?
If they make it to the play-offs, it means that luck is a big factor in NBA.
They might have talent but how much of their talents can we see?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2008
@bawomolo
Gordon is not average the guy you guys should be pissed with is Kirk Hinrich

The Knicks in the play-offs very unlikely when there where better teams that didnt make the play-offs like the Bulls,Pacers,Nets heck even the Bucks winning 30 games will be a step in the right direction for the Knicks
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 12:19am On Sep 21, 2008
A-40:

@bawomolo
Gordon is not average the guy you guys should be pissed with is Kirk Hinrich

hinrich brings to the table more in defending than ben gordon. ben gordon is just way too one-dimensional and UNDERSIZED at SG.  a theba sefalosa/larry hughes platoon would make more sense at SG.  kirk hinrich and derrick rose would create some magic at the PG spot.  ben gordon is nothing but an overrated sixth man or at best, a poor man's michael redd. i do agree captain kirk should be blasted too. the question for the bulls is whether luol deng can become an all star
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:10am On Sep 21, 2008
@bawomolo
How good a defender is this Hinrich dude?Sefalosha,Larry Hughes you gotta be kidding me dawg Ben Gordon is arguably your best offensive player Luol Deng is a swingman and swingmen are highly unreliable if you dont value him please send him to Dallas we could use a player like him in our roster
Gordon an over-rated sixth man? yet he is your first and last option for offense when he is on the court he was doing fine when Scott Skiles was around as soon as he left that was when shit hit the fan
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2008
A-40:

@bawomolo
How good a defender is this Hinrich dude?Sefalosha,Larry Hughes you gotta be kidding me dawg Ben Gordon is arguably your best offensive player Luol Deng is a swingman and swingmen are highly unreliable if you don't value him please send him to Dallas we could use a player like him in our roster
Gordon an over-rated sixth man? yet he is your first and last option for offense when he is on the court he was doing fine when Scott Skiles was around as soon as he left that was when shit hit the fan

since when was ben gordon the first and last option for offense, the same ben gordon that was benched at few points in the season, the same ben gordon that went from being offered a five year contract to just a one-year deal. ben gordon is a poor man's michael redd(way too one dimensional). kirk hinrich plays much better defense than ben gordon. ben gordon's gives up the number of points he scores on the defensive end. have u watched thabo sefalosha play?? the dude's all around game is remarkable. dallas could always come and get ben gordon in a sign and trade deal. ben gordon for josh howard cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2008
@bawomolo
You cant deny the offense he brings from the bench and lets face it your coach tried starting him and thats where his problem began Hinrich has been a disappointment every Bulls fan knows that.Sefalosha?? you must be having a laugh how can you even compare him to Gordon besides Deng and Nocioni i dont see who is better than Gordon in your Bulls roster
Gordon for Howard?Ole!!! he would easily be the star man in your team grin let me make you another offer Devean George and Eddie Jones for Ben Gordon tongue
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2008
ben gordon has pure talent but he is undersized at SG but lacks the handle required at PG, eric gordon from indiana has been criticized for the same reason.  ben gordon is a chucker that bring little more to the table.  as for sefolosha, a 6'7 swingman would be a great asset to the bulls if he gets more playing time. you don kolo if u think the bulls want grandpa jones grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:25am On Sep 22, 2008
@bawomolo
Please trade Ben Gordon ooh so that by the end of next season yall would be sitting pretty at the bottom of the Central Division even the Bucks will be in a better shape than yall.And if i remember correctly didnt you guys sign a certain grandpa called P.J Brown tongue one more gramps wouldnt hurt now
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Typical boston fan angry always cocky like Brady.
  hehe you'D be cocky too if your team was the most recent dynasty in the league cool

But its good enjoy while you can. It might just take you another 50 years to win the NBA championship grin
You wish but we shall overcome all the hateration and remain in glory. Let the people say Amen.  cheesy

Not only manny dreads, Youkilis, big papi, Manny and 50% of the team used steriods stronger than those of the other teams. Thats what I heard oh.
   ehen now I know all these excuses will just be floating around instead of people to just accept the cold hard truth: Boston is just that good!  cool

He is cocky and overated
  shocked did you say overrated? 3 superbowl rings and the best record-breaking quarterback season ANY qb has ever had last yr? overrated? he may be a lotta things but my brotha overrated is not one.

And who is the dreamer saying NY knicks will make the playoffs?  cheesy
gabe_logan, I hate to be the one to rain on ur parade but NY will be insignificant for many years to come UNLESS the purge 90% of the current team and get new players and while you're at it, let someone else buy the team n replace James Dolan, if he hadn't signed off on so many pricy deals for useless players and kept Isiah for so long, NY would not be in the sorry state that it is.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2008
@Jesoul
I have told him that winning 30 games is a more realistic target
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by millco88(f): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by sistawoman: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2008
There is one team i have not seen in all four pages of this thread:

Oklahoma City Thunder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback) / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.