Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,461 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (352338 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
AwesomeGod10:
Yes, it has to do with my gearbox, haven't serviced it close to a year now and all I was doing was just topping up the oil, but my engineer suggested I change the filter and change the oil.

Do you have a leak ?? Why do you have to be topping the oil?
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
No leak, the oil get below the maximum sometimes, it's fixed now sha, changed oil, serviced the valve body and the solenoids. The check engine light is gone and the transmission is smooth now.

homeboy205:

Do you have a leak ?? Why do you have to be topping the oil?
Re: Club-Lexus by modupemomo: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
Please can I get a recommendation for a good Lexus mechanic? Preferably around Surulere axis or anywhere close as that is my work area. An ethical mechanic if there is ever one. The steering wheel of my Lexus RX 350 is making noises when I turn it and I can also hear some noises by the front legs. Please help with a mechanic before the issues become worse. Thanks a lot.
Re: Club-Lexus by BallyTemmy(f): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2021
Do you insure this your against unforeseen circumstance? If not please do. May God continue to protect us.Ameeen
Re: Club-Lexus by UzomaFC: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pls house I'm experiencing this challenge now, 4 months ego I noticed that my car lexus 330 es does as if it's changing gear on its own, as if it wants to pick up and speed up.
now last week I was going to work along the way, it started holding brake on its own. it will release the car a little while when I move, it will brake me again.
I took to a mechanic, they checked the gear oil and it was black in color and has reduced in quantity.
I changed the oil, however, when he drive the car that issue reduced but it still happens when on low movement, but when you speed up, it will seem as if it's struggling to change to the next gear, it will jerk a little bit before it enters the high gear and speed up and as long as you are on top speed no problem. But as soon as you throttle down, the problem will come up.
I took it back and they removed the bottom plate and removed the filter and changed it yesterday and tested it and it didn't happen but when I started going home it started the behaviour again at low speed. but this morning coming to work, the car at a point refused to move it will just be making noise but no movement and after a while the gear will engage.
It got to a point that it stopped responding, and switched off the car and allowed it some time and started it again to be able to park it.
I observed one thing, there was noise of running machine under the gear box area and it was dripping oil small small and whenever that noise is on the gear will not respond, but if it stops the gear will respond.
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Get your can scanned first and get the error codes. You definitely have a transmission problem.

UzomaFC:
Pls house I'm experiencing this challenge now, 4 months ego I noticed that my car lexus 330 es does as if it's changing gear on its own, as if it wants to pick up and speed up.
now last week I was going to work along the way, it started holding brake on its own. it will release the car a little while when I move, it will brake me again.
I took to a mechanic, they checked the gear oil and it was black in color and has reduced in quantity.
I changed the oil, however, when he drive the car that issue reduced but it still happens when on low movement, but when you speed up, it will seem as if it's struggling to change to the next gear, it will jerk a little bit before it enters the high gear and speed up and as long as you are on top speed no problem. But as soon as you throttle down, the problem will come up.
I took it back and they removed the bottom plate and removed the filter and changed it yesterday and tested it and it didn't happen but when I started going home it started the behaviour again at low speed. but this morning coming to work, the car at a point refused to move it will just be making noise but no movement and after a while the gear will engage.
It got to a point that it stopped responding, and switched off the car and allowed it some time and started it again to be able to park it.
I observed one thing, there was noise of running machine under the gear box area and it was dripping oil small small and whenever that noise is on the gear will not respond, but if it stops the gear will respond.
Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
Please, does Es330 2006 have Bluetooth? If yes? How do I connect the Bluetooth to my phone?
Re: Club-Lexus by mojounited(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Good evening all. Does any one have a clean and neatly used (less that a year naija used) Lexus ES350 2008 to 2012 for sale?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
mojounited:
Good evening all. Does any one have a clean and neatly used (less that a year naija used) Lexus ES350 2008 to 2012 for sale?
I don't have a registered ES350, but I have a tokunbo 2010 model ES350.

Here's it. Go thru it and make your choice. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/6747668/2010-fresh-imported-lexus-es350
Re: Club-Lexus by scholarseyi: 7:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Please I need a good and honest Lexus RX 350 2010 in Abuja. My Transmission fluid is overheating and the gear shifting is not normal.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2021
scholarseyi:
Please I need a good and honest Lexus RX 350 2010 in Abuja. My Transmission fluid is overheating and the gear shifting is not normal.

Call or SMS.
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2021
Chidimercy:
Please, does Es330 2006 have Bluetooth? If yes? How do I connect the Bluetooth to my phone?

No Bluetooth from factory. You can either install Android or use the Bluetooth music player
Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

No Bluetooth from factory. You can either install Android or use the Bluetooth music player

How do I get the Bluetooth music player?
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
Chidimercy:

How do I get the Bluetooth music player?
Depends on the one you want . They’re everywhere. Very cheap sef. You can see for 1500, 2000 Naira etc.
Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

Depends on the one you want . They’re everywhere. Very cheap sef. You can see for 1500, 2000 Naira etc.

Alright thanks so much brother, I woke up this morning to notice a light showing check on my dashboard. What could be the cause?

Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

Please how do I install it when I buy it?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

Some goes more than that amount o. Lol. Google Jabra Bluetooth hands free.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
Chidimercy:

Alright thanks so much brother, I woke up this morning to notice a light showing check on my dashboard. What could be the cause?
A scan can always tell what's going on in the car that needs attention.
Re: Club-Lexus by UzomaFC: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
AwesomeGod10:
Get your can scanned first and get the error codes. You definitely have a transmission problem.

The fiber inside the gearbox has shattered. So pls who knows how much is a good gearbox and where I can get one.
I leave at Enugu

Regards
Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
DanielsParker:

Thanks, I have got the car Bluetooth, connected and is working perfectly fine.
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Omo a new Gearbox gonna cost you a lot of money bro.

UzomaFC:

The fiber inside the gearbox has shattered. So pls who knows how much is a good gearbox and where I can get one.
I leave at Enugu

Regards
Re: Club-Lexus by reechest: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please what’s the best type of available oil for Lexus RX350 2008model ..? I just bought a tokunbo and this will be my first oil change..
Re: Club-Lexus by Chidimercy: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
reechest:
Please what’s the best type of available oil for Lexus RX350 2008model ..? I just bought a tokunbo and this will be my first oil change..

Mobil 1

Re: Club-Lexus by reechest: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please house ..I bought an RX350 2008 and it was vanderlized at the port including the power window button . Please does anyone have an idea of the cost of it..
Re: Club-Lexus by olumzzz(m): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2021
Chidimercy:

You need to scan the car.
Any performance issues?
Or men don obtain your catalytic converters grin
Re: Club-Lexus by alphabbey1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
lexini:
Good afternoon folks

Noticed my AC wasn’t cooling so I topped up the gas.
And then I noticed it cools when am speeding and stops cooling when I slow down or I’m in traffic.

Was told I need to change the compressor. Is this correct please?

Also, how much does the compressor cost?

2007 Lexus es350

Thanks
did you later change the compressor ?
Re: Club-Lexus by alphabbey1(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
My Es350 starts making a wobbly and cyclical (like a flat tire) is the best that I can describe it, noise at around 60km/h... I cant really hear the noise at lower speeds.... Any suggestions as to what it could be ? It just started last week Tuesday. It's now I have the time to solve it...

Solved
It is that thing underneath the car, that's meant to cover the engine underneath, that became lose. So as it's mouth is opened, air was rushing in, causing the noise at higher speed....Now tightened back and the ride is 100% silent at any speed... grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by lexini: 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Yeah, I did

alphabbey1:
did you later change the compressor ?
Re: Club-Lexus by jimohibrahim(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good day my fellow Lexus users
I drive a Lexus es350 and since I bought it, its navigation screen is written in Chinese language but the AC or audio screen is written in English even the Bluetooth option on the same navigation screen, so I'm confused why some part is chinco while some isn't

Secondly, it's showing check battery and check vsc on the dashboard screen though I noticed one of the dim light use to go off occasionally except I turn the light off and turn it on immediately..

Then the last problem is, how do I turn the heat system on?... The AC works perfectly like Moscow weather but how do I use the heater when I need it.

The heat and cooling system works perfectly on the driver and persenger sit though..

Please help and I live in Abuja
Re: Club-Lexus by alphabbey1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
jimohibrahim:
I drive a Lexus es350 and since I bought it, its navigation screen is written in Chinese language but the AC or audio screen is written in English even the Bluetooth option on the same navigation screen, so I'm confused why some part is chinco while some isn't

Secondly, it's showing check battery and check vsc on the dashboard screen though I noticed one of the dim light use to go off occasionally except I turn the light off and turn it on immediately..

Then the last problem is, how do I turn the heat system on?... The AC works perfectly like Moscow weather but how do I use the heater when I need it.

The heat and cooling system works perfectly on the driver and persenger sit though..

press the talk button on your steering wheel and say 80 degree, it will go to heater.... Also on the dashboard, there's a up and down button that are together. Press the up button to increase the temperature, take the temperature to 80 and above to switch on the heater
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
jimohibrahim:

Mike, he'd help you out.
Re: Club-Lexus by jimohibrahim(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
alphabbey1:
press the talk button on your steering wheel and say 80 degree, it will go to heater.... Also on the dashboard, there's a up and down button that are together. Press the up button to increase the temperature, take the temperature to 80 and above to switch on the heater

Thanks so much, that's voice button always say "voice command not available for this screen"
But I'll try the second option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.