Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (352951 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
kingreign:

Get to a gentle slope, start the car facing the downward slope, put gear in neutral and disengage parking brake, confirm if it rolls or not.
you are thinking of sticky calipers? Let him put on his ignition and show us his instrument cluster. Let him scan that car. E get why.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
chukel:
you are thinking of sticky calipers? Let him put on his ignition and show us his instrument cluster. Let him scan that car. E get why.

You get the point...
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
kingreign:

You get the point...

u de miss for one thread like that. Legal don commit again for ES350. I no see u there.
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
kingreign:

You get the point...

I de mind my business these days, if not I for use techstream run the scan for am.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
chukel:
u de miss for one thread like that. Legal don commit again for ES350. I no see u there.

I see am, I read am, I close the thread. I'm getting too old for some needless online squabbles. I love my peace of mind.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
chukel:
I de mind my business these days, if not I for use techstream run the scan for am.

Abi.
Re: Club-Lexus by doublesigh: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
Just to anyone on this thread. Maybe not a Lexus for your first car. Got a 2006 Lexus IS350 - with the body and lights upgraded to 2012. I am also learning how to drive with it and I have bashed it now. And to replace the grille and bumper, I am being quoted 470K for it’s replacement.

But you only ever bash a car once right?
Re: Club-Lexus by starrez: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
doublesigh:
Just to anyone on this thread. Maybe not a Lexus for your first car. Got a 2006 Lexus IS350 - with the body and lights upgraded to 2012. I am also learning how to drive with it and I have bashed it now. And to replace the grille and bumper, I am being quoted 470K for it’s replacement.

Why didn't you get insurance?
Re: Club-Lexus by doublesigh: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
starrez:

Why didn't you get insurance?

Bought the car right before the protests started. The protests didn’t give me enough time to do the comprehensive insurance.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
doublesigh:

yepa!!!
Re: Club-Lexus by lexini: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
470k for only grille and bumper? Or are other things involved?

Sounds expensive. Did a full conversion early this year for less than 300k

Call the number in the attached - dude is at Ladipo, lagos. He came through for me.

doublesigh:

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by 735i(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
doublesigh:

Lol @ the bolded. In this case, yes! After you cough out 500k you'd be more careful in the future.

Reminds me of when an elderly man damaged the right headlamp of my '06 GS300... initially he was bragging that he would fix it... that it's not a biggie... when we called ladipo and they told him it costs N130k, baba started stammering and begging....

I was just like..Alaye... fix my motor!! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by doublesigh: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
lexini:
470k for only grille and bumper? Or are other things involved?

Sounds expensive. Did a full conversion early this year for less than 300k

Call the number in the attached - dude is at Ladipo, lagos. He came through for me.

Thanks. Sadly enough already paid and have it fixed but I’d keep this number in case some one else bashes his/her car

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by doublesigh: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
735i:

Lol @ the bolded. In this case, yes! After you cough out 500k you'd be more careful in the future.

Reminds me of when an elderly man damaged the right headlamp of my '06 GS300... initially he was bragging that he would fix it... that it's not a biggie... when we called ladipo and they told him it costs N130k, baba started stammering and begging....

If anyone bashes me, no mercy. Fix it abeg ��
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
doublesigh:

Thanks. Sadly enough already paid and have it fixed but I’d keep this number in case some one else bashes his/her car

Go to a proper driving school cause you might just bash it again.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by lexini: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Alright bro

As a rule, I don’t drive any car without comprehensive insurance - it’s saved me tons of headache.

Cheers

doublesigh:

Re: Club-Lexus by Mendy31: 1:42am On Oct 30, 2020
735i:

Anything that has to do with that car is money
I drive one, so I know the cost
Re: Club-Lexus by Philogreen(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
I sell car lights at Ladipo. Here's my contact for your Original Car Parts, Headlamps and Rearlamps chiefly. WhatsApp Nō; 09034177422
Re: Club-Lexus by mvphenryeto5: 12:05am On Nov 03, 2020
Please Guys is it proper for the steering oil of a Lexus to finish without any leaks?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:03am On Nov 03, 2020
mvphenryeto5:
Please Guys is it proper for the steering oil of a Lexus to finish without any leaks?

No, what Lexus?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2020
mvphenryeto5:

Have you ramped your vehicle...........
Re: Club-Lexus by mvphenryeto5: 10:51am On Nov 03, 2020
kingreign:

No, what Lexus?

It's es 300.

I want to buy it from a dealer, the steering is strong and he said, the steering oil has finished that he will refill
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2020
mvphenryeto5:

It's es 300.

I want to buy it from a dealer, the steering is strong and he said, the steering oil has finished that he will refill
He should also change the rack and pump and hoses too.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Stanleyallen17(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please house, I need your help.
My rx330 steering vibrates while applying break once I'm speeding 80km/hr and above.
The mechanic have changed both the break pads and the disks but it still vibrates while pressing my break pedas at speed.
He also checked on the break calipers and confirmed it's in good condition.
I wish I can get solution to this problem in this section.
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please who knows where I can get my car windows tinted in Enugu ?

Cc chukel
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
Stanleyallen17:
My rx330 steering vibrates while applying break once I'm speeding 80km/hr and above.
The mechanic have changed both the break pads and the disks but it still vibrates while pressing my break pedas at speed.

Mine does same thing...and it's really annoying...
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
So my car battery ran down today and it won't turn engine. I got another one installed and suddenly my driver's power windows buttons stopped working. After a while the 2 back windows started working again except for the front passenger side. What can be done to fix it please. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by donigspain(m): 12:08am On Nov 07, 2020
Stanleyallen17:
Fingalin:

Mine does same thing...and it's really annoying...
I used to suffer from this. Did everything from smoothing the disc, changing brake pads, calipers without any luck.

I finally got a good mechanic that fixed it last week Friday. The issue was with the front BEARINGS. They were bad and wobbly. He took the bad bearings to Ladipo market and they fixed new ones into it instead of buying the whole set. He also changed the tie rod.

My RX330 has been smooth and calm since then. Even the internal "whoosh" noise I used to hear while driving is gone.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by donigspain(m): 12:14am On Nov 07, 2020
Fingalin:
So my car battery ran down today and it won't turn engine. I got another one installed and suddenly my driver's power windows buttons stopped working. After a while the 2 back windows started working again except for the front passenger side. What can be done to fix it please. Thanks.
Re-programme the windows. It happens any time you disconnect your battery for a while.

Go to each window and;
- press down and hold until window slides down fully
- continue holding/pressing down for 3 seconds
- immediately press up and hold until window slides up fully. Continue holding up for 3 seconds.

That window is now re-programmed and you should be able to control it from driver side control.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Club-Lexus by donigspain(m): 12:40am On Nov 07, 2020
For about a month now, My RX330 was having low engine power and delayed acceleration (when trying to accelerate after almost coming to a stop). I initially thought it was any of fuel pump, injector or plug based on online research.

I called a 'rewire' to scan and check the car. He got misfire codes so he serviced the injector, the fuel pump and the plugs.

The vehicle gained some power but the acceleration problem persisted. We decided to replaced the injectors rail. Although we went to Ladipo together on Thursday for the purchase and fixing, I left him to meet with the seller alone.

While he was trying to replace the old one with the new one, he noticed that the connector wire of Vehicle Speed Sensor was cut. Apparently, crazy rats in my neighbourhood saw the wires as their palliative.

He replaced the fuel injectors (+ rail) and reconnected the vehicle speed sensor wires. My vehicle came back to life. Accelerates very well.

Moral of the Story:

- Rat is an enemy. Pursue them from your car. One wire cut by a rat could be the reason for your car's woes.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by CaptPlanet(m): 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hey guys trust y'all are well.

My 300 jerks and makes one "kam" sound sometimes when I engage the gear what could be the cause.

My "check engine" light is on too.

The worst is that when I'm driving I have to step on the gas pedal for my car to fire the I want to, I don't know if I explained this well. Like the car doesn't move the way It's supposed to.

Someone has told me to change the transmission fluid but I'm yet to do that.

What do I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.