Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,818 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (352766 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2021
doublesigh:
My IS350 seems to have battery issues when starting. Not sure. 2nd time this week I am having to jumpstart it. I have this thing on the dash ( see the red item, looks like a battery). How can I resolve this?
Location?

Alot of things could cause it.
Faulty alternator,
Fuse/relays for alternator,
Alternator roller,
Faulty fuse panel,
Etc.
Re: Club-Lexus by samuel19222(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
ksmart027:

Rx350, i think from 2016 upward

Not rx350
Re: Club-Lexus by ksmart027(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
samuel19222:

Not rx350
my bad.
Re: Club-Lexus by Legionx: 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
Is It Advisable To Buy A Facelifted Car

I'm looking towards a foreign used Lexus.

I've tons of options from 2013 facelifted to 2019.

Is it advisable to go for these types or do they have any hidden problems.

If you also know about Camry, it would be nice
Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2021
Legionx:
Is It Advisable To Buy A Facelifted Car

I'm looking towards a foreign used Lexus.

I've tons of options from 2013 facelifted to 2019.

Is it advisable to go for these types or do they have any hidden problems.

If you also know about Camry, it would be nice
It will still be a 2013 car, still drive like a 2013 car and still feel like a 2013 car. The only thing you would have done is wasted money on aesthetics.
You may be telling some people that you want a 2019 car but can only afford a 2013. The 2013 rx350 has a totally different body shape from the 2019 rx350. If you were facelifting a 2010-12 rx350 to a 2013-15, I would have said go ahead.
Thats me sha.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by olokpa11(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello everyone good evening
My ES330 keeps overheating even though there is nothing wrong with the Radiator and the fan are in good conditions, the mechanic said I should remove a thermostat inside the engine, pls anyone has this issue?
Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2021
olokpa11:
My ES330 keeps overheating even though there is nothing wrong with the Radiator and the fan are in good conditions, the mechanic said I should remove a thermostat inside the engine, pls anyone has this issue?
1. Let's see the temperature gauge when this overheat is happening.
2. Does this happen with the ac on or without the ac on.
3. Are you sure your fans are turning in the right direction?
It should be sucking in air through the grill and not blowing air out from the engine. It will surprise you to know that many mechanics and even rewires believe it should be the other way around.
4. Have you flushed your radiator and condenser with a pressure washer?
5. Change the radiator cap and observe. It's a cheap item.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
9icetoo:

It will still be a 2013 car, still drive like a 2013 car and still feel like a 2013 car. The only thing you would have done is wasted money on aesthetics.
You may be telling some people that you want a 2019 car but can only afford a 2013. The 2013 rx350 has a totally different body shape from the 2019 rx350. If you were facelifting a 2010-12 rx350 to a 2013-15, I would have said go ahead.
Thats me sha.

Anyone who's seen a 2016+ RX knows that these facelifted cars are just massive jokes.

They don't look alike at all, completely different silhouette and stance.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by TheVictim01(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
Thought it's only me who finds them hideous.

HeavenlyBang:

Anyone who's seen a 2016+ RX knows that these facelifted cars are just massive jokes.

They don't look alike at all, completely different silhouette and stance.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
olokpa11:

Mechanics always say that...if the thermostat is bad try and replace it. it serves an important purpose in the engine. I also prefer using coolants instead of water.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
This is rather weird and I don't know if any other person has experienced this...I have a RX 330 fitted with AFS (adaptive front lighting system). Was working perfectly until I worked on the steering rack. After that I did alignment and noticed that one of head lamps s AFS doesn't work anymore. Of course it serves little or no purpose for me but it LL be cool to see it swing/work again..I guess that the joy of having a luxury car. Please any suggestions or solutions??!
Re: Club-Lexus by doublesigh: 2:25am On Mar 13, 2021
Fingalin:

Mechanics always say that...if the thermostat is bad try and replace it. it serves an important purpose in the engine. I also prefer using coolants instead of water.

How often do you add water to your car? Once weekly? Once monthly?

Can you post a purchase link to said coolant you use?
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Fingalin:
This is rather weird and I don't know if any other person has experienced this...I have a RX 330 fitted with AFS (adaptive front lighting system). Was working perfectly until I worked on the steering rack. After that I did alignment and noticed that one of head lamps s AFS doesn't work anymore. Of course it serves little or no purpose for me but it LL be cool to see it swing/work again..I guess that the joy of having a luxury car. Please any suggestions or solutions??!
I'm also looking for solution to mine... I need it's afs to work
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Any solution to this "check" light?

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:38am On Mar 14, 2021
austino677:
Any solution to this "check" light?
Scan it.
As for the AFS light, it's a tricky and highly professional process to trying to work it.

If you're in Abuja, contact me I can assist with a free scan and diagnostic for the check engine light and the AFS.

NB: fixing isn't gonna be free.
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 7:14am On Mar 14, 2021
kingreign:

Scan it.
As for the AFS light, it's a tricky and highly professional process to trying to work it.

If you're in Abuja, contact me I can assist with a free scan and diagnostic for the check engine light and the AFS.

NB: fixing isn't gonna be free.
removed one head of battery and fix it back it got cleared... afs light only remaining
Re: Club-Lexus by Hibiscuss(m): 8:56am On Mar 16, 2021
Please I need help. I drive a rx300. I noticed one day there's groaning sound coming from my engine hood.

When I first bought the car, it was silent but now when traveling on highway, the groaning sound is very obvious.

My mechanic said it's the power steering pump and that it needs replacement.

Please is this true?
Re: Club-Lexus by Hibiscuss(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2021
austino677:
removed one head of battery and fix it back it got cleared... afs light only remaining

After driving some km, the check light will illuminate again
Re: Club-Lexus by Hibiscuss(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2021
kingreign:

Location?

Alot of things could cause it.
Faulty alternator,
Fuse/relays for alternator,
Alternator roller,
Faulty fuse panel,
Etc.

Boss please I need help. I drive a rx300. I noticed one day there's groaning sound coming from my engine hood.

When I first bought the car, it was silent but now when traveling on highway, the groaning sound is very obvious.

Please is this true?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:45am On Mar 16, 2021
Hibiscuss:

Boss please I need help. I drive a rx300. I noticed one day there's groaning sound coming from my engine hood.

Please is this true?

Physical inspection important. I can't tell what it is and if it's true.
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2021
Hibiscuss:

After driving some km, the check light will illuminate again
:olike seriously? I. Think its the fuel cap
Re: Club-Lexus by Folasiji: 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
Car Shaking!!! VSC lights on !!!Help

Hi guys, I drive a rx330. I have the check engine light on and VSC.

The car vibrates massively. Been to rewire and mechanic severally, spent too. No hope.

Any leads please
Re: Club-Lexus by kayce19: 10:34am On Mar 19, 2021
Good morning ,

If your Lexus doesn’t come with the Mark Levinson Sound system. Is there any on the market sound system that You can install to have a good media eperience in your car. If so what’s the cost implication.Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2021
Folasiji:

The car vibrates massively. Been to rewire and mechanic severally, spent too. No hope.

Any leads please

I am not a mechanic but vibration is usually due to suspension issues...start from your tyres, ensure that they are in good condition, pumped to the appropriate psi...do wheel balancing. Check the bearings and shaft, ball joint and bushings. Check the engine seatings as well. Good luck
Re: Club-Lexus by donigspain(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
Folasiji:

Any leads please

Possible causes:
- Engine Misfire (check engine light)
- Exhaust system (leak, clogged OR contact with chasis)
- Engine Sitting

In all, try and run a diagnostic scan on the car. It should point you to the error point(s).

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by theoilguy: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
USA Imported Mobil 1 extended Performance now back in stock.

Contact on signature.
Re: Club-Lexus by ojeysky(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
radautoworks:

If you get the turbo (the fun one), forget gas mileage. Everything else though you'll love. Former owner.

From a turbo user I can confirm but men occasionally the gas mileage efficiency is a concern wink cos the mileage is same with my v6 highlander
Re: Club-Lexus by sadewodu(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good day all.

My ES330 had an usual high RPM and didn't attain the normal speed it would have on normal circumstances, (it was just revving) it threw up the check engine light, I scanned and it brought out P0793 error.

Pls what is the solution?

Thank you.
Re: Club-Lexus by incogni2o: 1:13am On Mar 28, 2021
Hibiscuss:

Please is this true?

If it is, the steering fluid will be empty.

Check your steering fluid. The pump might not be spoilt.

Also check for any oil leakage underneath the car
Re: Club-Lexus by incogni2o: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2021
sadewodu:
Good day all.

My ES330 had an usual high RPM and didn't attain the normal speed it would have on normal circumstances, (it was just revving) it threw up the check engine light, I scanned and it brought out P0793 error.

Pls what is the solution?

Thank you.

P0793
P0793 code definition
An incorrect signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) from the transmission intermediate shaft speed sensor circuit causes the storage of a P0793 trouble code and the Check Engine Light to illuminate.

source https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0793-obd-ii-trouble-code-intermediate-shaft-speed-sensor-circuit-no-signal-by-cheryl-knight#:~:text=P0793%20code%20definition,Check%20Engine%20Light%20to%20illuminate.

Always browse first, and get a step closer to the solution, so people can help

cc Gazzuz
Re: Club-Lexus by Hibiscuss(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
incogni2o:

If it is, the steering fluid will be empty.

Check your steering fluid. The pump might not be spoilt.

Also check for any oil leakage underneath the car

The fluid guage well and there's no signs of oilbleakage underneath but it groans all time.
Re: Club-Lexus by eightsin(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
How much can I get Lexus Shift Solenoid C for IS250?

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.