Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital (10845 Views)

PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / Mimiko Absent As South-west Governors Converge In Ibadan / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by PointB: 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
tawa89: Dede1 and PointB this is clearly a yoruba issue, it doesnt concern you. They want to scatter the thread by bringing igbos as usual, dont take their bait.

Of course I know, and last time I checked, yorubas are Nigerians, as are Igbos, Hausa etc. So what's your point?
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by DerideGull(m): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

igbos marry ijebus more than any other yoruba subgroup.

That is my point exactly. When I wrote unusual, I meant unexplainable rapport between Igbo and Ijebu-ode chaps too. I am talking of personal experience. The sudden and unsolicited friendship between the Igbo chaps and the ones from Ijebu-ode, Akure or Owo got me thinking when I lived in Yoruba land.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pukkah:

Honestly, I tried to look for reason in every line of your post.

Alas, no matter how hard I tried, I didn't see any.

Were you just joking or serious?

If you were joking, you should be shown the way to the Jokes Section.
If you were serious, you need help and not condemnation.
d d op dt said dt d ondos might join they ijaw brodas in ND bcuz other sw states ar suckin them dry is as well jokin,right
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
I have been laughing all day.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by ikeyman00(m): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
^^^^ me tooo

i dey laugh
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
grafikii:
Why should i be worried who goes where, i only sited the imo example because of its high probability. Btw i also think Ebonyi will do better in another as nobody likes to be landlocked.
Btw the recent cries over deportation show ibos are really scared of their region.
u shud be worried bcuz oduduwa might neva cum to reality wit most yeroba state threatenin to secede
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by sCun: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
DerideGull: It is very interesting to notice that Republic of Oodua is already collapsing without a gunshot.
hehehe
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by grafikii: 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
icekid-jten:
u shud be worried bcuz oduduwa might neva cum to reality wit most yeroba state threatenin to secede
What is my business with secession? I resemble Ojukwu for your eye?
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by icekidjten(m): 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
grafikii:
What is my business with secession? I resemble Ojukwu for your eye?
nope,bt u wil u resemble awo

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by adino(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
tomakint:
It has to be so because we share lots of striking semblance, for instance one of the 7 sons of Oduduwa (according to Legend) was the founder of Owo Town in Ondo State and the Olowo of Owo is dressed like the Oba of Benin! Onishere, Alaa, Idanre, Ore share boundaries with Benin! You can even trek from Ikare to some villages in Edo State! Yes, we have a relationship dated back into history!
@Tomakint
so you are an Original Ondo guy. Always thought you are core S/S. Well Ondo peeps have always been different frim the rest. Positively stubborn, always resisting oppression. Ondo is supposed to be S/S. B.T.W Ekiti almost be like the same sha.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by ikweremilitant: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
DeLaRue: This is not about Mimiko/ APC.

Mimiko is actually a failure. The state is broke as I write. Speak to anyone in the state, even Labour suppporter.

If elections are held today, Mimiko will not get 30% of the vote.

I mean that.
i beleve d thread is about brodas marginalisng brodas.so leave iroko out of dis
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
grafikii:
Very true, igbos in lagos will rather move into the Atlantic ocean than return to the east

Hahahahahahaha grin

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by bokohalal(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
@ op. Ekue (Akure) is actually older than Lagos,Ibadan and Abeokuta.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Gbawe: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Seun better fire his Mods and get new ones. A thread as comical as this only belongs in the joke section.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by s3nn2x(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Are you guys for real?

You people are already fighting over a phantom Republic.

Kai!

The Sovereign National Conference has not even taken play yet, and you people are here 'dividing spoils of war'.

So you guys are dreaming of a new Republic!

Okay ooo...

You guys can continue ranting...

While people that matter are doing something worthwhile with their lives and time.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by CyberG: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
slim fit :
Just create jobs for us I don't care.

Are you KIDDING me? The Yoruba SW will be SPOILED for EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES like no other part of Nigeria! You know what will be better? A system that works, for everyone from the smallest baby to the oldest adult - that is what we want to emphasize and build for our people! People will NOT and NEVER need to STASH BILLIONS or MILLIONS in any PERSONAL account except of course they are sportsmen, artistes, inventors, etc. What we NEED is to create a system like in the WEST where, with even minimum wage, you will be able to afford to rent a decent accomodation, feed yourself and buy clothes - something an 18 year old will do easily in the West by working in a McDonalds, for example!

By the time you are through with university and can work full time, you will be able to rent a bigger house or buy one, travel anywhere, buy almost anything you need, send your children to school and have good healthcare (FREE)! There will be jobs - with an interconnecting railway system across the region, that is thousands of NEW jobs that don't exist now! With us controlling our ports, that is thousands of JOBS that require people to manage and manufacture and maintain the railways, trains, sea crafts, etc. With free compulsory education, that is thousands of new teachers and teaching assistants, with a regional police and a small army - that is JOBS! And then on to advanced manufacturing industries in Ogun, Lagos and Oyo, Petroleum, Tourism and Agriculture in Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, that is a LOT of jobs for everyone! The SW will be far ahead on DAY 1!

3 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Imo people will most likely join yorubas, they are the only igbo group that thinks independently and other igbo people hate them for it. For confirmation visit ndigbo page and see how they abuse ndi imo there. They'll be better off in sw region.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by CyberG: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
django1: Imo people will most likely join yorubas, they are the only igbo group that thinks independently and other igbo people hate them for it. For confirmation visit ndigbo page and see how they abuse ndi imo there. They'll be better off in sw region.

Maybe you are right but let Ibos keep their states, no need to cause unnecessary fights! They will settle themselves somehow after all the conflicts.

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by hardniola(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
i think dis op smoke wet igbo.......
Hahahah. Am from akoko south-east.we dont know u nd u dont stand for any ondo/ekiti pipo..........
Afenifere will kill u if dey see dis.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by adino(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
bokohalal: @ op. Ekue (Akure) is actually older than Lagos,Ibadan and Abeokuta.

@Bolohalal, please explain further, dont tell me the real name is Ekue and those thuggish britico colonial rascals changed it to Akure.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

igbos marry ijebus more than any other yoruba subgroup.

Won tun gbe tutun de, oyinmomo.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Stupid assertions pulled out of the sh1thole abound on this thread.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
I must say, i love the comedy of the thread though.

Becomerich might have to draw up another map showing the republic of something which will be bordering the midwest ( republic of what was that now?)
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Desola:

Won tun gbe tutun de, oyinmomo.

I dont know any part of yorubaland which interacts with igbos and actually loves them, more than the ijebus.

They have a unique bond.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

I dont know any part of yorubaland which interacts with igbos and actually loves them, more than the ijebus.

They have a unique bond.

Your own Ijebu or my own Ijebu?

4 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

They have a unique bond.

Excuse me inform you that you are full of tripe! Yes ke!

tpia@:
Even our igbo brothers wey no dey date yoruba, no go mind am if they're asked

And you've surveyed all igbos? OP!
https://www.nairaland.com/1324768/not-sex-symbol-tiwa-savage/2#16250567
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by bokohalal(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
adino:

@Bolohalal, please explain further, dont tell me the real name is Ekue and those thuggish britico colonial rascals changed it to Akure.
Do not know if the British did. The natives and Edos called it EKUE. Some still do.
Infact,the Edos call an Akure indigene EDO N'EKUE ( Edos of Akure). We do not see them as Yorubas.
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Desola:

Excuse me inform you that you are full of tripe! Yes ke!

Abeg get a grip and stop embarassing yourself.

So because YOU ostensibly say you dont like igbos, that means other ijebus stay away from igbos?

Oshi radarada nworry e.

And yes, which ijebu are you?

2 Likes

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by tpia5: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
bokohalal:
Do not know if the British did. The natives and Edos called it EKUE. Some still do.
Infact,the Edos call an Akure indigene EDO N'EKUE ( Edos of Akure). We do not see them as Yorubas.

You see them as edo or some such?
Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

So because YOU ostensibly say you dont like igbos, that means other ijebus stay away from igbos?

Oshi radarada nworry e.

Muhehe...

Oro na dun, o fe ke! grin

1 Like

Re: National Conference - Akure A Good Candidate As South West Capital by Desola(f): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
tpia@:

Oshi radarada nworry e.

Muhehe...

Oro na dun, o fe ke! grin

Is your picnic finally complete? Found those missing sandwiches yet!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pics. Shocking. Nnamdi Kanu's Company Is Worth £844 / "You Can’t Actualise Biafra Now"- Olisadebelum Onuoha Tells IPOB, MASSOB, Others / Monica Ugwuanyi Advises Women On Cancer Prevention (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.