Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos (16571 Views)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / Davido Not Satisfied With Skelewu Video, Reshooting It as Fans complains / Tiwa Savage Sings The National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by homesteady(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
When Davido announced he was going to shoot another ‘Skelewu’ video to be released in five days time following a controversial leak of the first shoot, he wasn’t joking.

The official version was released as promised on Monday, October 21, 2013. It was shot in the UK directed by budding D.O.P Mr Moe Musa. Davido and Mr Moe Musa should however be given the award for ‘creative crooks’ of the year as the concept of ‘Skelewu’ is a stolen creative concept.

Who remembers Pop duo LMFAO‘s 2011′s ‘Party rock anthem‘ video? Let’s refresh your memory; The video starts with RedFoo and SkyBlu waking up from a coma in the hospital, hitting the streets to notice the town has been deserted. Just when they get on the road, someone comes to warn them about a song that has caused a frenzy in the town, then a bunch of crazy dancers get close to them and start dancing, LMFAO later join the dance.

The above description just about sums up Davido’s ‘Skelewu‘ video too; Davido waking up from a coma, hitting the streets to be warned by a young man bla bla bla…

What was director Mr Moe Musa thinking? That there was no MTV or YouTube in Nigeria back in 2011? Not only should he be berated for this unacceptable creative plagiarism, he should be visited by LMFAO’s label Interscope Records with a lawsuit.

There is no mention of Moe Musa borrowing the concept or paying homage to LMFAO. The official release from Davido’s publicist WildFlower PR states, ‘HKN Music presents Davido in a revolutionary movie showing the viral effect of the ‘Skelewu’. Revolutionary indeed!

LMFAO – Hospital Scene

Davido – Hospital Scene

LMFAO - deserted town

Davido - deserted town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KQ6zr6kCPj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqflXTvth3s&feature=player_embedded

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by AbuMikey(m): 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2013

Sighs!!!

Whether Party Rock anthem or Skelewu,I don't care to know!

But what I know for sure is that I prefer Moe Musa's Skelewu to Sesan's.

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by homesteady(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
More -
LMFAO – Man warns them about song

DAVIDO - Man warns him about song

LMFAO - Zombie dancers surrounds man

DAVIDO - Zombie dancers surrounds Davido

LMFAO - Dance scene

DAVIDO - Dance scene

SOURCE
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by homesteady(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Sighs!!!

Whether Party Rock anthem or Skelewu,I don't care to know!

But what I know for sure is that I prefer Moe Musa's Skelewu to Sesan's.

I searched for that video on youtube, they have remove it!

But the MR Moe did not try sha! He just went to copy everything! Too bad
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Jelo4kul(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Well lets just say whether d comparison or similarities,the video has been shoot out and people still dey download am...Skelewu tns on point joor,,video or no video. I must dance skelewu.. I must ooooo
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by reloboy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

Osi rata ma rayo

6 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
grin
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by chycoroxie(f): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
homesteady:

I searched for that video on youtube, they have remove it!

But the MR Moe did not try sha! He just went to copy everything! Too bad
Nt too bad,its extremely bad

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by QMark: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
This Moe Musa go sabi dub for exam hall well well grin

He almost forgot to change the name of the artiste from LMFAO to Davido in the video.

16 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
And

The oyinbos there look razz shaaa

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
The people who watched both videos will soon be here to comment. Seun, abeg knack us Fela's "water No Get Enemy" from that stereo

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Alaba boys would have done better.

7 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by homesteady(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Q.Mark:
This Moe Musa go sabi dub for exam hall well well grin

grin grin True talk! grin
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Ruq: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
i still stick to this
Skelewu!

27 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by taiocol: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
expecting me to waste sme precious mb on this trash.
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Elvin247(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
DATS WAT HAPPENS WEN U HAVE A BARREN BRAIN

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nomski0(f): 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
I just love the song and dance steps. I couldnt care less about the video.undecided

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Heagle(f): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
Human beings are insatiable....... Sesanz shot- wack; Moez shot-copied #sighs# undecidedHuman beings are insatiable....... Sesanz shot- wack; Moez shot-copied #sighs#
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by sopoundz(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
Thank you MTN.. strtd 4rm d bottom naw I'm here... Loool. Kudos 2 Davido 4 spendn his money, kudos 2 Mr Musa nice copy copy skills... Lol
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by RockMaxi: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
Now Davido needs the Third Movie shoot..Any one with Clarence Peter's PM, we need to contact him ASAP.

5 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Yeah!! I remember, that's true its almost like a replica, only with some few minor changes.
So he wasted money, time and pride to do copy copy, well he's omo baba olowo.
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
wow. poor davido. he just can't win with this track grin

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Plagiarism ?

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by mariong(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
When i was watching the video i felt something was familiar about the beginning of the video, now i know. Thot it was me and my usual deja vu. Hmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Lilchilz(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
u know' sometimes wen hunqry dan nack person he will be like..haa papa God if na butter qo delay my daily bread abeg qimme like dat..i qet qroundnut

S.m.h for moe musa

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mr Moe na wa o. Photocopy tins on point. Gud video sha
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by TRILLIONIAR: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
op thats thenet.ng story now
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Copy or no Copy...Moi still dey Skelewu.So loving d song.Care less abt d video
Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by msogey(f): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Moe Musa's Skelewu video didn't only lack originality but is bereft of excitement. I don't even have an issue with the concept being stolen but if you are going to re-invent a concept, do it so well that people would think you actually the inventor. For instance, Davido copied the Skelewu dance from Dammy Krane but people hardly know this coz of how good Davido's Skelewu is.

The walk Davido did from the hospital bed to the streets was unnecessarily prolonged. And wth was that black kid saying to Davido. London has good dancers, check out some azonto videos on youtube. I only saw people doing frog jump claiming they were dancing skelewu.

Asides from the graphics in Sesan's skelewu video being too swift, that video was epic!

Nice concept, poor execution. Instructional video still the best!!!

13 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos by Zammydagreat(m): 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
angry so painful....my mb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Nigerian Album For The Year 2020? / Rema Gifts Female Fans ₦1.2 Million For Rocking The Stage With Him / Sean Paul New Video,gave It up to Me Ft Keisha Cole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.