Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. (43596 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration. / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by waldigit: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
solomon111: Smdh.
How does scamming equates to ICT prowress?

You don't get the gist that's why I added their fear is reflected the way they are avoiding doing business with us on platform that is supposed to be the safest web based security system such as paypal. Their fear is that we can hack the system and this can lead to cybernetically induced global economic melt down. It goes beyond mere e-mail scams.
Be smart man. The future is digital, get some training. I am into IT security. Research omo niger.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

you don't know what you are saying, some rich dads pay their wards as much as 250k as up keep allowance so why wont they turn down job offers of 100k? guy, i ve seen with my own eyes someone who turned down 150k even when we tried to explain that it will cost us $35,000 annually for three years to bring him up to speed, he just hung up.

bro, believe me I know, one governors son from the north schooled in Sheffield and he didn't have a house, he lived in a 5 star hotel throughout.......he is not the skirt chasing type but coke and heroine were a regular pastime for him, this is not hearsay I saw this first hand....

now can you honestly say he is like the average Nigerian kid abroad? ...no
and for the dads who pay there son 250k a month, are they like the average family...ans is no again...their kids don't even need the jobs anyway

and that is where the problem is.....some ppl don't like being lumped together with others and that is why I will always object when a foreigner labels every thing breathing in Nigeria as scammers and thieves cos I am not one.

you are guilty of the FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALISATION

all naija boys a scammers
all Italians are mobsters
irish are drunkards
Mexicans are all drug pushers

bring it home and you will hear stuff like all ibos are this and all yorubas are that....I hate stuff like this with all my heart

and coming from a WHITE, TOP, US politician doesn't make it any less sad and wrong it makes it worse...it makes it RACIST

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
rigormortis:

bro, believe me I know, one governors son from the north schooled in Sheffield and he didn't have a house, he lived in a 5 star hotel throughout.......he is not the skirt chasing type but coke and heroine were a regular pastime for him, this is not hearsay I saw this first hand....

now can you honestly say he is like the average Nigerian kid abroad? ...no
and for the dads who pay there son 250k a month, are they like the average family...ans is no again...their kids don't even need the jobs anyway

and that is where the problem is.....some ppl don't like being lumped together with others and that is why I will always object when a foreigner labels every thing breathing in Nigeria as scammers and thieves cos I am not one.

I are guilty of the FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALISATION

all naija boys a scammers
all Italians are mobsters
irish are drunkards
Mexicans are all drug pushers

bring it home and you will hear stuff like all ibos are this and all yorubas are that....I hate stuff like this with all my heart

and coming from a WHITE, TOP, US politician doesn't make it any less sad and wrong it makes it worse...it makes it RACIST

relax, that post wasn't quintessential to the issue pro tempore it was just a side comment for the guy who doubted that someone actually turned down a 100k job, nothing to do with our favorite Nigerian scammers grin grin
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

That personnel has not been hired yet perhaps we will try in the next life grin. there is no society without crime is an indisputable fact, however, in Nigeria, the law enforcement agents are worse than the criminals, who do you go to?
you now understand why Nigeria has the highest number of churches in the world, lol God solves all Nigerian problems.

we have more churches than even the Italians who wield the mantle of Christianity grin grin grin grin

i don't agree completely with the last bold comment, take the pulse of most people here, save for a few, the majority don't even want you to say it, they wish it to be hidden, swept under the carpet, they don't want anything to be done, because they are all thieves.

how could you explain how PDP got 22.5m votes in the last election? free and fair if those cheap retards didn't go to collect bags of rice or perhaps may have been living in self denial of voting Jonathan not PDP? now this was a man that never made a single brick as a governor, tell me are these people normal?
the average Nigerian doesn't know how corruption affect him or her, they pretend not to understand the dangers of picking the wrong leadership, they fail to realize that the change has to start from their mindset not petty jingoism.

do you want another US senator to tell you that? some Nigerians fall far below what will be qualified as human, it is so unfortunate that we all (sane and insane) have to decide leadership with the m0r0ns amongst us, i fvcking hate democracy for this.

it seems like you have a problem with jonathan....that is personal and I wont talk about that.....

but the you know how much americans hate Obama now.......they voted for him but does hating him now make them m0rons for voting hm in the first place....

what about bush jr., same thing

you just don't want to see anything good about Nigeria and in the process you overlook the lapses of the ppl you hold as a standard to Nigeria...........Nigeria has a problem...sure

but human and societal dreg problem is not endemic to Nigeria...its universal
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

relax, that post wasn't quintessential to the issue pro tempore it was just a side comment for the guy who doubted that someone actually turned down a 100k job, nothing to do with our favorite Nigerian scammers grin grin

well I am the guy in question so I had to answer grin
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by komakan(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
All dis atrocities emanated frm them. And by d time U outsmart them it will turn into accusations.
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Arosa(m): 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Dude Duude Duuude Duuuuuuuuuuuuude most mumugerians are scanners. Just accept the truth and it shall set you free.

Na wating consine banku for this mater, are most Ghana men short ugly and gay? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ocelot2006(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
MacLovington: .

Is there any country without bad people? Show me that "Garden of Eden" country. Home grown American terrorists (like McVeigh in Oklahoma) and American criminals (NY & Chicago Mafia), alcohol smugglers, scam artists have existed in US before Boko Haram, Oyenusi or Anini came into existence. Boko being only a few years ago.

So if anything they have led the criminal way.

Don't forget the peodophiles, serial killers, and of course the usual school shooters.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by lomprico(m): 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Curtesy of: Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, boys dey hustle, friday, saturday, sunday, gbo gbo aye. Yahoozeeeee!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by solowork: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
Symphony007: HOUSTON (CBS Houston/AP)— Republican Sen. Ted Cruz compared the glitches plaguing the website for President Barack Obama’s signature health care law to the methodologies of “Nigerian email scammers.”

The Tea Party favorite received a rousing ovation during a rally of more than 1,000 supporters Monday in Houston while speaking out about the Affordable Care Act, known also as Obamacare.

“You may have noticed that all the Nigerian email scammers have become a lot less active lately,” Cruz said, according to the Houston Chronicle. “They all have been hired to run the Obamacare website.”
Cruz told supporters that he’s working for them and not for D.C. “party bosses.”

“People are saying mean things about me,” Cruz said, according to the Chronicle. “Who cares? At the end of the day, I don’t work for the party bosses in Washington. I work for each and every one of you. What they don’t understand is that we’re standing here together. We’ve got a problem in Washington. They’re not listening to the American people.”

Cruz staged a quasi-filibuster for over 21 hours in the Senate late last month, helping spark a budget fight in the Republican-led House that partially shuttered the government in an attempt to sever funding for the nation’s new health care law.

Then, with the country facing a debt default, leaders in the Democratic-led Senate brokered a deal to end the standoff — which Cruz dismissed as “selling the American people down the river.”

“You don’t win a fight when your own team is firing cannons at the people who are standing up and leading, which are the House Republicans,” he said.

The deal sets up the potential for another budget showdown in January. Senate GOP leaders, however, have suggested that there won’t be a repeat of the shutdown or a potential default crisis like in recent weeks.
Some political observers now see Cruz as Texas’ most popular Republican. But his approval ratings across the country may be slipping.

National polls have shown that while Americans in general don’t love the health care law, they oppose defunding it — especially if it means shutting down the government. And many of Cruz’s Senate colleagues have bemoaned the shutdown for tarnishing the GOP’s image

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/cruz-nigerian-email-scammers-running-obamacare-website/

YOU MAY WATCH THE ENTIRE TYPICAL POLICITIAN'S NON-SPEECH, BUT HE MADE THE COMMENT AT 8:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlwx_ADl2k
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by izibilironald: 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ted Cruz, is a sick.
Crippling his Nation, the US, does he think its the best thing to do

If he is angry with Obama, let him face him and not insult Nigeria as a Nation.
Well, if not 'cos of our insincere leaders, the Americans should apologies for Ted's statement to us as a Nation.

9ja could be bad, yes we all know, but it's not as bad as the US where crazy things happens day in day out.
Where was he when the Americans secret info was been leaked out to other nations
Or is it not a known fact that the west still parade their neolitic slavery on all the developing nations stealing by tricks all in the name of helping them

9ja we are born, 9ja we are, 9ja we'll grow. Not all bad is bad; good things still comes from bad too.
There is no place like home. One day, 9ja will rule the world, I believe...
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by gbishman: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
no to bother ourselves with the senator, we have had them insult us nigerians but because of our vulnerability we keep quiet. But is it not obvious that the dudes a racist and going with the fact the words sees racist as unrefined people u can help me pass ur judgement.
Obama is a black man and see the achievement he has accomplised as compared to his predecessor who plunged his country and almost the whole world into confusion just because he wanted to satisfy his appetite for oil and blood.
Nigerians we have no problem do not let any one tell us we do, we just need to work on ourselves and be more patriotic thats the answer we need and more so protect our leaders any where and anytime
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by gbengaola: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Regardless of what he said to Nigeria, all I can see is a handsome healthy looking smart man unlike our senators looking as if they are pregnant and unhealthy due to the way they lavish public funds,and come to think of it,it is the fault of these pregnant looking men that gave him the impetus to insult Nigeria so not his fault.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
rigormortis:

it seems like you have a problem with jonathan....that is personal and I wont talk about that.....

but the you know how much americans hate Obama now.......they voted for him but does hating him now make them m0rons for voting hm in the first place....

what about bush jr., same thing

you just don't want to see anything good about Nigeria and in the process you overlook the lapses of the ppl you hold as a standard to Nigeria...........Nigeria has a problem...sure

but human and societal dreg problem is not endemic to Nigeria...its universal

I was really expecting you to misunderstand the post, so now that you have, listen;

was Obama voted on ethnic lines?

was obama voted because he was black?

was Obama voted on this sentiment "vote Obama but hate Democrats"

was obama not voted because of his stands on national issues as a senator and the sound manifesto he rolled out at the time?

come back home your people were voting on

ethnic lines, religious lines, looks, Jonathan not PDP etc what does it make them? smart people? sophisticated people? world class? or m0r0ns you tell me.

don't forget that people like us that wanted change knew corruption was endemic, impunity was wide spread but all of us knew that he lacks the will to do something about it, the majority have made their choice and a US senator has rubbed it to their face, why are they fuming?

cant they live with the decision they made? why is everyone angry? i was expecting responses like "na today?"

was there no 419 before Nigerians had the chance to change leadership? was there any manifesto of PDP at the time that reads any cyber anti corruption strategy?

stop living in denial, face the truth head on, most Nigerians are thieves because they have a government of thieves who choose to do nothing about it, that's the painful truth.

It is his job to remove that shame from Nigerians so why is he doing nothing about it? the US senator did not insult Nigerians but your Govt of impunity did.

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by drealdoc89(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
dridowu: Who kon add salt 4 our injury. So sad my beloved con3 known 4 scammmimmmmmmmng. Yet all dos Aisha lady from mars won't stop spamming my mail from contract i neva bid 4.
I thought i was the only one who keeps receiving such mails!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

I was really expecting you to misunderstand the post, so now that you have, listen;

was Obama voted on ethnic lines?

was obama voted because he was black?

was Obama voted on this sentiment "vote Obama but hate Democrats"

was obama not voted because of his stands on national issues as a senator and the sound manifesto he rolled out at the time?

come back home your people were voting on

ethnic lines, religious lines, looks, Jonathan not PDP etc what does it make them? smart people? sophisticated people? world class? or m0r0ns you tell me.

don't forget that people like us that wanted change knew corruption was endemic, impunity was wide spread but all of us knew that he lacks the will to do something about it, the majority have made their choice and a US senator has rubbed it to their face, why are they fuming?

cant they live with the decision they made? why is everyone angry? i was expecting responses like "na today?"

was there no 419 before Nigerians had the chance to change leadership? was there any manifesto of PDP at the time that reads any cyber anti corruption strategy?

stop living in denial, face the truth head on, most Nigerians are thieves because they have a government of thieves who choose to do nothing about it, that's the painful truth.

It is his job to remove that shame from Nigerians so why is he doing nothing about it? the US senator did not insult Nigerians but your Govt of impunity did.

brother listen....I didn't misunderstand you.....but I am just proving to you that ppl can end up hating a person they voted for no matter where the voting took place...naija or abroad and I used bush and Obama as examples

now to the bolded.........some ppl actually voted for Obama just cos he was black...am not saying its right...am just saying its not peculiar to Nigeria, colin powell who is republican actually voted Obama cos according to him it will be a welcome change, when asked to explain further he couldn't say more than that...what did you think he meant

in the next election if there is no credible candidate I will still vote jona, just to shatter the myth that north must continue or are born to rule......ofcos if they can bring up a guy who can convince me with superior arguments I will vote, but I hate the it "must be us mentality",

I feel you on some points though, naija is bad, but don't take the words of a foreigner, its also not rosy over there

now lastly naija ppl are so quick to point out flaws but are just slow in doing anything about it...I like your passion and arguments cos its sound and factual on some points but when is the action gonna be

youths did it in Tunisia, yemen, even US so until then ..................

ps: I still maintain that a US politician has no right involving Nigeria/Nigerians in any way manner or form in his dirty politicking...its just wrong

and what is wrong is wrong
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ccollins(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
The fact that endearing nigerians do insult him on this thread does not change or makes him a dumb joker. But what he said is very true abt the scamming through emails here in nigeria... One damaging failure that we nigerians can't comprehend or accept is our true image on world scene talk more of correcting ourselves

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
ccollins: The fact that endearing nigerians do insult him on this thread does not change or makes him a dumb joker. But what he said is very true abt the scamming through emails here in nigeria... One damaging failure that we nigerians can't comprehend or accept is our true image on world scene talk more of correcting ourselves

bro I accept that there are indeed scammers here, but stereotyping Nigerians is wrong, and saying such stuff at such level is also wrong

1 Like

Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ccollins(m): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
rigormortis:

brother listen....I didn't misunderstand you.....but I am just proving to you that ppl can end up hating a person they voted for no matter where the voting took place...naija or abroad and I used bush and Obama as examples

now to the bolded.........some ppl actually voted for Obama just cos he was black...am not saying its right...am just saying its not peculiar to Nigeria, colin powell who is republican actually voted Obama cos according to him it will be a welcome change, when asked to explain further he couldn't say more than that...what did you think he meant

in the next election if there is no credible candidate I will still vote jona, just to shatter the myth that north must continue or are born to rule......ofcos if they can bring up a guy who can convince me with superior arguments I will vote, but I hate the it "must be us mentality",

I feel you on some points though, naija is bad, but don't take the words of a foreigner, its also not rosy over there

now lastly naija ppl are so quick to point out flaws but are just slow in doing anything about it...I like your passion and arguments cos its sound and factual on some points but when is the action gonna be

youths did it in Tunisia, yemen, even US so until then ..................

ps: I still maintain that a US politician has no right involving Nigeria/Nigerians in any way manner or form in his dirty politicking...its just wrong

and what is wrong is wrong

Is it just me or do we forget that in political committee meetings in nigeria and even in some confab calls,nigerian leaders do bring up certain examples or even compare nigeria with some western countries... So what's wrong with the us politician involving nigeria.. It may be bad for bilateral relations but to some extent.. Its okay

Secondly,what should nigerians do about the flaws within them when even the govt has not created sane clime or even a total respect/ will to the freedom and rights of the average nigerian citizen. When people gather for a peaceful demonstration in our masochist country, the people ,civil org receive punishments
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Bpriest: Nigerians in the USA over to you. Are u going to let him make fun of you and your fatherland? How about the Nigerian surgeons, bankers,lawyers, students over there? Why is he not throwing useless,dumb and racist jokes at Jew scammers who are ruining their economy and banks?

Hell no I won't!
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by rhames(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
blockhead
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Asabeq(f): 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Just the way I didn't understand why she was laughing at Nigerians undecided
CFCfan:

What exactly are you saying? undecided
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Nimen(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
jp philips:

In my foolishness i use a tracker, pedal lock, car alarms just to make sure that i dont loose my battery to "HOLY NIGERIANS", satisfied?

Yeah we are... You parents are Nigerians, so are you that means your dad is a thief, you tend to defend America have you been there before? I have. You neva jam... I don jam
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by ccollins(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
MacLovington: .

Is it the same America where people as guilty as sin get away with murder if they have heavy duty attorneys? Abeg forget matter.

Rome was not built in a day. We can do better and should do better but America 53 years after Independence wasn't all that either.

America still is some miles away from nigeria in terms of anti graft and false pretences,even with heavy duty attorney.the rule of law is strictly followed with due processes even though at times there may be miscarriage of justice but in nigeria , after our revered politicians misappropriate and steal, they are set sometimes without trial or there has been a pre-trial aggreement being manipulated by the judge for Avarious Reasons.. Should I bring in the james ibori case as a pari material to the above facts in addendum
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by juman(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2013
Hiss
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Lex11(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2013
FACT!!! The reputation of Nigerians abroad, particularly Nigerian men, has hardly ever been good, and has become increasingly worse! From con men that the world most easily identifies and thus is most weary of (because "we" generally believe that "we" are smarter than everyone else, including each other,yet, a disproportionate number of us are rotting in foreign jails as proof of amateurism)... to "terrorists", thanks "Abdul"...etc... as if the historic and persistent adverse, warped and generally bigoted perception of Africans, particularly African men, wasn't enough.

Have y'all watched the Oprah Winfrey special on "scammers", or the "To Catch a Con Man" special series on MSNBC or movies live District 9 (South African), etc... it was all too easy for Cruz to associate "us" with a fair president whom he clearly expresses disdain for.

Note, that this problem is facilitated by the failure of those responsible for providing sufficient education, employment and business opportunities to the citizenry... + people tend to emulate "those responsible" in thievery, including scams and/or prostitution. Pity... for a people and land with MUCH potential.

We need to fix our home!!! Then we can prosper and others will have no choice but to deal with and SPEAK/REFER to us with at least some respect... "Giant of Africa"!?
Re: US Senator Insults Nigeria In A bid To Mock Obama. by Robasy: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2013
If dey US Senator has fallen 4 any email scammer then he is a MUGU, simply!! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC / States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.