Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor (1849 Views)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / First Igbo Appointee In Pmb's Administration? / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Sirniyeh(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is from reliable source.
I witnessed a secret meeting where the lagos king-makers converged to propose the next best candidate to succeed BRF in 2015.
What amazed me was when a renowned politician in south-west (name witheld) proposed Dr. Nwazueke of Unilag as a good stuff to take over from BRF.
My concern is that, do these kingmakers realise that it is an attempt to concession lagos state to Ndi Igbo?
I will come back to post the profile of Dr. Nwazueke....
Lagos for Sale
do you support that?
Your opinion counts.
If we dont voice out now, hun un un... The consequence might ......
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by IleIfe2(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sirniyeh: This is from reliable source.
I witnessed a secret meeting where the lagos king-makers converged to propose the next best candidate to succeed BRF in 2015.
What amazed me was when a renowned politician in south-west (name witheld) proposed Dr. Nwazueke of Unilag as a good stuff to take over from BRF.
My concern is that, do these kingmakers realise that it is an attempt to concession lagos state to Ndi Igbo?
Lagos for Sale

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
For Yoruoba land? Eko Ile and gbawe land? Some people will die instead of it to happen
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Sirniyeh(m): 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
gboss4sure: For Yoruoba land? Eko Ile and gbawe land? Some people will die instead of it to happen
na thru talk
Lagosian no dey carry last. Let them just publish their insinuation, they will see beyong subsidy protest
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by omiobo: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
E no fit happen.
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Ikengawo: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Its happened twice under the military.

2 Likes

Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by ofilispeaks(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
lol...Nigeria a country of one. The greatest trick amalgamation played on us. I pray for the day a Yoruba man can be governor of Enugu state without issue. But that's a loooooooooooong way from happening. Its all about where you are from.

1 Like

Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by icekidjten(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Lagos for Sale
do you support that?
Your opinion counts.
If we dont voice out now, hun un un... The consequence might ......
too much of amala n ewedu soup is nt gud for d brain.i wil advice to stp takin it cool cool
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by biafranqueen: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
ofilispeaks: lol...Nigeria a country of one. The greatest trick amalgamation played on us. I pray for the day a Yoruba man can be governor of Enugu state without issue. But that's a loooooooooooong way from happening. Its all about where you are from.
it could happen Hausas are in charge of a couple of the states police force and security
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by tayooluwole: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
let him come out nd declare his ambitn lasan....dat is whn u will see d true colour of d yorubas.... Op must be stupid for even raising dis issue as a topic.....
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by 4chi: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
ofilispeaks: lol...Nigeria a country of one. The greatest trick amalgamation played on us. I pray for the day a Yoruba man can be governor of Enugu state without issue. But that's a loooooooooooong way from happening. Its all about where you are from.

Yoruba man does not have the type of" longer throat" bedevilling the ibo.he does NOT see any reason why he should aspire to rule Enugu

,the newly decorated crime capital of Nigeria. Iboz should for Christ sake cure themselves of their self hatred and build their goddamned red soil land. Landlockphobia is not an incurable disease.

9 Likes

Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by classicEntity(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
For now in Nigeria its not possible, because ethnic politics/tribalism have been settled in our minds, though the 1999 constitution did not enshrine that one must be an indigene of a particular state before running for governor. Take U.S for example; there is nothing like state of origin, one can be born in the state of Hawaii nd still be governor of state of california or maybe state of illinois, but to be sincere its only the Igbos that believes in one Nigeria, Igboman lives as far as sokoto even in Borno doing his/her thing and living their life and contibuting to bettement of the place, they say where there is no Igboman there is no life there, run away.
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
One Nigeria
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by olabukola: 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
This reminds me of this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/583750/ibos-advantage-20-30-yrs-time. Well this will definitely happen one day and not only is Sw but other regions. Time will come when somebody with SW name will be gov in south east or core north but I think(my opinion) that ibos will achieve that before any other ethnic group cos they are many in all the regions in nigeria. What it will take (if Nigeria remains one and their is no reginal government) is them getting their act together by building bridges and they are good to go. Nobody believed that somebody of Kenyan origin will be a president achieve that in USA.
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
PLS, I hear we can now watch DSTV with our Startimes Decoder.
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Adrenaline123(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Moving files(thread) to joke section 5 minutes remaining...........moving..........moving...........
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Ichel: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Its official, dis thread is created 2 promote tribal hateration/e-war. D yorubaz don draw d first blood, oya d iboz mk una come fire bk.
Last bullet
Modz beta nt take dis 2 fp.
Paz vostrous

2 Likes

Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Adrenaline123(m): 12:24am On Oct 23, 2013
Ich_el: Its official, dis thread is created 2 promote tribal hateration/e-war.
true talk
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Sirniyeh(m): 5:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Ich_el: Its official, dis thread is created 2 promote tribal hateration/e-war. D yorubaz don draw d first blood, oya d iboz mk una come fire bk.
Last bullet
Modz beta nt take dis 2 fp.
Paz vostrous
mechionu!
Your mindset is tribalistic and needs to be exorcise with river Niger water
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by elocyon(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2013
classicEntity: For now in Nigeria its not possible, because ethnic politics/tribalism have been settled in our minds, though the 1999 constitution did not enshrine that one must be an indigene of a particular state before running for governor. Take U.S for example; there is nothing like state of origin, one can be born in the state of Hawaii nd still be governor of state of california or maybe state of illinois, but to be sincere its only the Igbos that believes in one Nigeria, Igboman lives as far as sokoto even in Borno doing his/her thing and living their life and contibuting to bettement of the place, they say where there is no Igboman there is no life there, run away.
my brother,i agree with you.is only igboman that believe in one nigeria..
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Slizbeat(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Yes it can happen. It really doesn't matter. If any Hausa or Yoruba man has lived in Enugu for over 30years and contributed to the development of the state, then he has my support to govern the state if he declares his intention.

The said young man may have in one way or the other contributed to the growth of the state so there is no ish there.

What people fail to understand is the spirit behind the IGBO struggle. Tap into it and see how your lifes will change.

Chi Umehra is a member of the british council, likewise some other igbo personnel. Go to the U.S and see them in power. Few weeks ago, they were welcomed into the Ghanaian administration of traditional rulers I guess. They will keep expanding and dominating until you lots bring out the spirit of competitiveness.
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by hunter21(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2013
No, it is not from reliable source
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by naptu2: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by Ichel: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Sirniyeh:
mechionu!
Your mindset is tribalistic and needs to be exorcise with river Niger water
Dude, i jst stated an obvious fact, if u tink d@ itz ma mindset, take a good look @ d commentz above mind. So if u tink anyone needz exorcism then itz u d@ needz it, so can see watz clearly written.
Paz vostrous
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by T8ksy(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2013
Slizbeat: Yes it can happen. It really doesn't matter. If any Hausa or Yoruba man has lived in Enugu for over 30years and contributed to the development of the state, then he has my support to govern the state if he declares his intention.

The said young man may have in one way or the other contributed to the growth of the state so there is no ish there.

What people fail to understand is the spirit behind the IGBO struggle. Tap into it and see how your lifes will change.

Chi Umehra is a member of the british council, likewise some other igbo personnel. Go to the U.S and see them in power. Few weeks ago, they were welcomed into the Ghanaian administration of traditional rulers I guess. They will keep expanding and dominating until you lots bring out the spirit of competitiveness.

What's with ibos and their inherent propensity to dominate? Everywhere ibos go, their sole objective is to DOMINATE the

locals, not INTEGRATE. Yet they wonder why they are persecuted all around the world from s.africa, to kenya, uganda, malaysia, china ati

bebelo. The 5 states they dominate in nigeria, what good has come out of those states? What developments have they been able to bring to

those states but they still posses this uncontrollable urge to dominate others. I guess the sardunna and Akintola were right, afterall. No

wonder, they had to be snuffed out.................................................................by the ibos.

It surely sucks..............................<fill in the blanks>
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by gratieao: 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
If APC refuse to tap into it one day pdp will wake up from their slumber and do the inevitable.
PDP Yoruba Governor and Igbo Deputy will give APC/ACN run of their money
Igbo population in Lagos state is unimaginable
Re: First Igbo To Become Lagos Governor by dridowu: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ikengawo: Its happened twice under the military.
yes under military govt, No under democracy govt.

(1) (Reply)

APC E-warriors And Their Satanic Lies: Okupe Did Not Call GEJ The Mandela Of Nig / Reasons For Military Coup In Nigeria From 1983-1993 / Unfolding Agenda Against Christianity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.