Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (7818 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

I gave you an animated answer mate. Yes, man has always been the problem.
i already acknowledged d fact dat man is d problem bt i need your precise ans to d question below:
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello: @secularist, Are you implying man is himself's greatest enemy cos GOD is not behind the evil he does or because he's deluded wid d concept of GOD?!?
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello:
do you agree wit me that you need a concise and deep knowledge of&about THEOLOGY as a whole before you can debunk it or prove the alleged deception in it?!?

No.....because you are confused about what theology is.

Theology is taking a holy book and studying it. Is a theologian going to tell you anything about the bible/christianity you wont know if you have read the bible and did basic history? No.

There is nothing special about theology. It is not a professional or special discipline.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

Mayb a password protection request from d admin for ur solitary thread can achieve dt. U can then share it among ur same.
Seems not bad when u can spy on other ppl's thread and conceal urs.

grin
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2013
I believe the burden of proof does not lie with the sane of mind.

If a man enters a courtroom with bushy hair and torn trousers, why would i go on trying to prove to such a man that he may not be mentally stable?
The whole of life provides you with the madness that religion has allowed all over. The bible God is more like a petty king with a temper tantrum. I have no debate with a person who cannot see the madness of boko haram or the dark ages to understand that no disease has killed more people than religion has over the ages, or divided more people, or turn physiological sound persons into serial killers.

I have no discussion with mad people.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:
No,because you are confused about what theology is.
Theology is taking a holy book and studying it.
lana_Vello:
PS-i think some peeps unknowingly have d wrong idea about 'THEOLOGY'
i was rite
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ajayikayod: 8:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist: I believe the burden of proof does not lie with the sane of mind.

If a man enters a courtroom with bushy hair and torn trousers, why would i go on trying to prove to such a man that he may not be mentally stable?
The whole of life provides you with the madness that religion has allowed all over. The bible God is more like a petty king with a temper tantrum. I have no debate with a person who cannot see the madness of boko haram or the dark ages to understand that no disease has killed more people than religion has over the ages, or divided more people, or turn physiological sound persons into serial killers.

I have no discussion with mad people.

D fact dt a man had to first call out on a mad man not to troll his house proves dt d so called mad man is either not mad or two of them are displayin madness.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2013
btw,pls when making analogies,lets make them less improbable and more correlative
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: If this guy secularist is not one of the atheists with a new I'd, then he is still a learner sef.

Because no one can learn anything outside nairaland. Logicboy n co, how do you people manage to converse with these people?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:10am On Oct 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

D fact dt a man had to first call out on a mad man not to troll his house proves dt d so called mad man is either not mad or two of them are displayin madness.

Cad tá á rá?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Because no one can learn anything outside nairaland. Logicboy n co, how do you people manage to converse with these people?

We are really very simple people to converse with. The problem is this, we have been theist before been atheist, we know where theist stand and understand how closed minded theist persons can be and we simply do not want the long brawl that accompanies such sensitive discussions.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

We are really very simple people to converse with. The problem is this, we have been theist before been atheist, we know where theist stand and understand how closed minded theist persons can be and we simply do not want the long brawl that accompanies such sensitive discussions.

Lol, I'm asking how logicboy n co manages to converse with those theist folks. Read what he said. If ure not an atheist with a new ID, ure a learner. That means, anyone who isn't an atheist already on nairaland is a learner. Meaning, you can't learn anything prior to registering on nairaland. If ure new on nairaland, then ure a learner. That's what the joker was implying.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

why are you always trolling me with demeaning comments? Don't you have anything better to do?
Men can't handle the truth, that's why they try so much to speak against it.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: why are you always trolling me with demeaning comments? Don't you have anything better to do?
Men can't handle the truth, that's why they try so much to speak against it.

Trolling you? For what now? I just found your comment bewildering and I couldn't overlook it.

Lol, and which truth are you talking about? That God created the world in 6 days or that a fish swallowed Jonah

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I'm asking how logicboy n co manages to converse with those theist folks. Read what he said. If ure not an atheist with a new ID, ure a learner. That means, anyone who isn't an atheist already on nairaland is a learner. Meaning, you can't learn anything prior to registering on nairaland. If ure new on nairaland, then ure a learner. That's what the joker was implying.

Ofcourse you can learn new things on nairaland, it s just that the chances are slim when it comes to religion i guess.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Ofcourse you can learn new things on nairaland, it s just that the chances are slim when it comes to religion i guess.

Yea, you can learn new things on nairaland. But the context in which he used the learner is someone who is totally ignorant or close to being totally ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Yea, you can learn new things on nairaland. But the context in which he used the learner is someone who is totally ignorant or close to being totally ignorant.

Sometimes, I engage these peeps for fun.

I want to see how many silly comments they can make at times

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

smiley
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
anonymous wrote : "if people don't question the water in the coconut,
if people don't don't find it impossibly puzzling that rocks onzes water
then i wonder y their grey matter can't comprehend the jonah and the fish episode"
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sometimes, I engage these peeps for fun.

I want to see how many silly comments they can make at times

Lol
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2013
i still wonder if the anonymous fella is right or totally wrong.....but most times i conclude it is the verisimilitude of the jonah's story that causes such query and probe
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello: anonymous wrote : "if people don't question the water in the coconut,
if people don't don't find it impossibly puzzling that rocks onzes water
then i wonder y their grey matter can't comprehend the jonah and the fish episode"

Who told you people don't question water in the coconut? People have questioned and have found answers. A quick google search will do.

And, op. Sorry for derailing the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:43am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Who told you people don't question water in the coconut? People have questioned and have found answers. A quick google search will do.

And, op. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Word.
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

can't remember tellin u i support d quote
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by lanaVello1(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2013
besides,just d way u said there are answers to the coconut's water,i bet u thats how bible experts will readily tell u d jonah's episode was as a result of GOD's awesomeness which one can't question.
still that won't satisfy most pple's curiousity
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Secularist: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello: besides,just d way u said there are answers to the coconut's water,i bet u thats how bible experts will readily tell u d jonah's episode was as a result of GOD's awesomeness which one can't question.

If i cant question it then its bullshiit! What then gives theists the right to question the truth? Theists refuse to wear a thinking cap when it comes to their gods and then become halfway intelligent when trying to discuss why being an atheist is stupid. If only they would use that same intelligence to question their indoctrination, if only.

god is not awesome, he is fucking serial killer! Except god is the name used for the madness that turns sane people to lunatics.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello:
can't remember tellin u i support d quote

K. Noted
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Patience, man. Time wins more converts than reason, that I've learnt.. wink

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2013
lana_Vello: besides,just d way u said there are answers to the coconut's water,i bet u thats how bible experts will readily tell u d jonah's episode was as a result of GOD's awesomeness which one can't question.

Of course ure right. It wont satisfy most peoples curiosity
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

Patience, man. Time wins more converts than reason, that I've learnt.. wink

K bro. Noted
Re: Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. by ajayikayod: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2013
Secularist:

Cad tá á rá?

Is dt atheism too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Commit Sodomy In Marriage? / BAKONGO (BANTU) People Are Israelites of The Southern Kingdom Of YAHUNDE (JUDAH) / Is God Partial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.