Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83167 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hmmm....Group life insurance shouldn't take too long.

My late dad worked with the Federal Government and died in 2017. I applied for the group life insurance in May and got everything paid in August (PENCOM is the only one delaying and that's because of Accrued rights, but I already know his batch). I didn't use anyone or have to pay anyone a dime. Ask your questions here and I'll be happy to assist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
livewithpurpose:

My late dad worked with the Federal Government and died in 2017. I applied for the group life insurance in May and got everything paid in August (PENCOM is the only one delaying and that's because of Accrued rights, but I already know his batch). I didn't use anyone or have to pay anyone a dime. Ask your questions here and I'll be happy to assist.

Hello, please I need your help. I lost my dad in September 2018, he worked with FG too(University of ibadan). We've submitted all necessary documents for his group life insurance and death benefits but we've not gotten anything.
Please how did you apply for the group life insurance?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 1:17am On Dec 17, 2019
Are people really aware that group life insurance benefits will be paid into RSA of the deceased.

No one can knw when such funds is remitted except u monitor the RSA online (NOK)

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2019
Thefarmer3:

Hello, please I need your help. I lost my dad in September 2018, he worked with FG too(University of ibadan). We've submitted all necessary documents for his group life insurance and death benefits but we've not gotten anything.
Please how did you apply for the group life insurance?

After getting all the documents from his office, I submitted it to the broker in charge of following up with the insurance companies. I got the name of the insurers listed on the policy from the broker and personally followed up with each of them. If you wait for the broker to do all the groundwork, you might not be getting paid anytime soon. Do you know the insurance companies listed?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2019
yetunsbay:
Are people really aware that group life insurance benefits will be paid into RSA of the deceased.

No one can knw when such funds is remitted except u monitor the RSA online (NOK)

This is not true. Group Life Insurance is different from Pension. The law was amended last year if I'm not mistaken. My father's Group Life Money was paid into our family account by four different insurance companies this year. I started the process in May and by August the last insurance company had paid.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
livewithpurpose:

After getting all the documents from his office, I submitted it to the broker in charge of following up with the insurance companies. I got the name of the insurers listed on the policy from the broker and personally followed up with each of them. If you wait for the broker to do all the groundwork, you might not be getting paid anytime soon. Do you know the insurance companies listed?

Unfortunately I don't, what I heard is that the "Head of service" of the federation is in charge. I submitted all the documents required for his group life to the pension department of his workplace and they forwarded to Abuja.

Please how did you get the broker?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
yetunsbay:

I don't think so. I read that somewhere too but when I asked my late Dad's PFA they said it not so
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:51am On Dec 18, 2019
Thefarmer3:

I don't think so. I read that somewhere too but when I asked my late Dad's PFA they said it not so
I'm talking fr experience
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:32am On Dec 18, 2019
livewithpurpose:

This is not true. Group Life Insurance is different from Pension. The law was amended last year if I'm not mistaken. My father's Group Life Money was paid into our family account by four different insurance companies this year. I started the process in May and by August the last insurance company had paid.
maybe sha the amending part
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 10:01am On Dec 18, 2019
Thefarmer3:

Unfortunately I don't, what I heard is that the "Head of service" of the federation is in charge. I submitted all the documents required for his group life to the pension department of his workplace and they forwarded to Abuja.

Please how did you get the broker?

The Pension Officer in his office told me the broker in charge.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2019
yetunsbay:
I'm talking fr experience

I'm speaking from experience as well. My family has been paid his Group Life Insurance and it took us only 4 months to get everything. The only thing pending now is the Pension and this is because of the Accrued Rights that has to be paid first by the Federal Government before we can have access to the account.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
livewithpurpose:

The Pension Officer in his office told me the broker in charge.

Thanks
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by mackengift: 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
RARE GEM BUSINESS CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Principal Agent to Major Companies in Nigeria

Type: Tanker vessels for charter

sizes: 5kmt, 10kmt, 20kmt, 23kmt, 25kmt

Price: ranges according to size (all negotiable)

Terminal: within africa and the world

Note: Q88 available for interested serious buyers who will send LOI.

For inspection and serious enquiries,contact via call or Whatsapp:
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
livewithpurpose:

I'm speaking from experience as well. My family has been paid his Group Life Insurance and it took us only 4 months to get everything. The only thing pending now is the Pension and this is because of the Accrued Rights that has to be paid first by the Federal Government before we can have access to the account.
okay
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
livewithpurpose:

Can we talk on whatsapp pls
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON GROUP LIFE ASSURANCE SCHEME
1. What does the Pension Reform Act say about Life Insurance?

Section 9(3) of the Act makes it mandatory for every Employer (including the Federal Government and all its Agencies) to maintain Life Insurance Policy in favour of the employee for a minimum of three times the annual emolument of the employee.

2. What is a Life Assurance Policy?

Life Assurance is a contract arranged between an Insurance Company and the Policy holder (known as the assured) which provides benefits for the Next-of-Kin or dependents of the assured, upon the death of the assured as a result of natural or other causes covered.

3. What is Group Life Assurance (GLA)?

The Insurance Policy for employees is usually arranged on a group basis whereby all employees are covered under a Group Life Insurance contract. In the event of death of any of the employees covered under the Group Life Policy, the Insurance Company makes payment in respect of the deceased employee.

4. Who pays for the Insurance Policy?

The Employer bears fully, the cost of the Insurance Policy.

5. What constitutes the Group Life Assurance Benefit?

The beneficiary of the deceased is entitled to three (3) times the Gross Annual Total Emolument of the deceased Officer.

6. When did this Scheme take effect?

The Group Life Assurance Scheme for Federal Government Employees took effect from 1st July, 2004

7. What are the categories of Federal Employees Covered by this Scheme?

All employees of the Federal Government in Ministries, Departments and Agencies, including Paramilitary and the Intelligence Community.

8. Who is qualified to benefit from Group Life Assurance Scheme?

Federal Government employees who died whilst in service or in the case of missing persons (presumed dead after a year from the date declared by a Board of Inquiry set up by the National Pension Commission) are qualified to benefit from the Scheme.

9. What happens if Government does not procure Cover for Federal Government Employees?

In cases where Government fails to procure Insurance Cover for Federal Government Employees, such periods are referred to as “Backlog” period and all claims that fall under this period are referred to the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) for processing and settlement.

10. What are the periods of Cover since inception? The following periods are the periods when Insurance Companies were appointed to provide Group Life Insurance Cover for Federal Government Employees:

⦁ 1st January 2008 – 31st December, 2008

⦁ 1st March, 2010 – 31st March, 2011

⦁ 1st April, 2011 – 31st December, 2011

⦁ 1st January, 2012 – 31st December, 2012

⦁ 24th December, 2013 – 23rd December, 2014

⦁ 13th August, 2015 – 12th August, 2016

⦁ 20th April, 2017 – 19th April, 2018

11. Who is responsible for the settlement of claims under the Periods of Cover?

Insurance Companies and Brokers are appointed by the Federal Government and thereafter assigned to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to provide Insurance Cover for the Employees of those MDAs. It is their responsibility to process and settle death claims that occur in their assigned MDA

12. What are the periods since inception for which no Insurance Cover was procured?

⦁ 1st July, 2004 – 31st December, 2007

⦁ 1st January, 2009 – 28th February, 2010

⦁ 1st January, 2013 – 23rd December, 2013

⦁ 24th December, 2014 – 12th August, 2015

⦁ 13th August, 2016 – 19th April, 2017

⦁ 20th April, 2018 – date

13. How are Insurance Companies and Brokers selected to handle the Scheme?

The Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation advertises for Prequalification of interested Insurance Companies and Brokers to participate in the Scheme. The process of Selection of credible Insurance Companies and Brokers are carried out in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007.

14. How is Group Life Assurance death claim processed?

For deceased Officers whose death claims fall under the period of Insurance Cover, the Pension/Insurance Desk Officer of the deceased’s MDA is required to immediately notify the appointed Insurance Broker of the demise of any Officer in their MDA for necessary documentation and processing of claims
In addition to the notification, the Desk Officer is required to forward a duly completed Death Notification Form (DNF) in respect of each deceased Officer with relevant documents attached as provided on the DNF duly signed by the Director Human Resources Management of the deceased Officer’s MDA.

15. What are the documents required for processing of the death claims?

⦁ Evidence of death/burial Issued by Imam or Pastor

⦁ Certificate of registration of death

⦁ Police report (if death is by accident)

⦁ Burial warrant issued by Local Government Council

⦁ Certificate of death/cause of death

⦁ Copy of Obituary poster (if any)

⦁ Declaration of Wish/Evidence of nomination of next-of-kin

⦁ Letter of Administration

⦁ 3 months payslip preceding the date of death`

16. Can an Employer deduct any outstanding debts of the employee from the benefits payable in the event of death?

The Employer does not have the right to make any deduction from the benefit payable. The total amount of benefits must be paid in full.

17. How long does it take for claims to be paid under the circumstances below, to Next-of-Kins or Dependents of deceased Officers? Benefits?

When there is Insurance Cover, Claims notified, with complete documentation are processed and settled within One (1) month of receipt of such request by the Insurance Company.

When there is no Insurance Cover (Backlog Period)
Claims are processed within 5 days of notification by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation and inputed into the Database, waiting to be paid as soon as funds are released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, on a first come first serve basis.

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gentlebabs:
Truth is, the PFA is the one mandated to pay the insurance benefit, not PENCOM. However, you can help other people who are in the same boat by asking them to visit any PENCOM zonal centre for advise. Believe me dear, it is not as difficult as it used to be any longer. I am currently handling 2 of such cases from Airforce School, Ibadan.
hi, upon review I discovered I was short paid on my late dad's insurance benefits through his PFA.
How do I correct this ? Like where do I begin to initiate correction
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by KevMitnick: 1:27am On Feb 09, 2020
frioslegend02:

Section 9(3) of the Act makes it mandatory for every Employer (including the Federal Government and all its Agencies) to maintain Life Insurance Policy in favour of the employee for a minimum of three times the annual emolument of the employee.

Life Assurance is a contract arranged between an Insurance Company and the Policy holder (known as the assured) which provides benefits for the Next-of-Kin or dependents of the assured, upon the death of the assured as a result of natural or other causes covered.

The Insurance Policy for employees is usually arranged on a group basis whereby all employees are covered under a Group Life Insurance contract. In the event of death of any of the employees covered under the Group Life Policy, the Insurance Company makes payment in respect of the deceased employee.

The beneficiary of the deceased is entitled to three (3) times the Gross Annual Total Emolument of the deceased Officer.

The Group Life Assurance Scheme for Federal Government Employees took effect from 1st July, 2004

All employees of the Federal Government in Ministries, Departments and Agencies, including Paramilitary and the Intelligence Community.

Federal Government employees who died whilst in service or in the case of missing persons (presumed dead after a year from the date declared by a Board of Inquiry set up by the National Pension Commission) are qualified to benefit from the Scheme.

9. What happens if Government does not procure Cover for Federal Government Employees?

In cases where Government fails to procure Insurance Cover for Federal Government Employees, such periods are referred to as “Backlog” period and all claims that fall under this period are referred to the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) for processing and settlement.

10. What are the periods of Cover since inception? The following periods are the periods when Insurance Companies were appointed to provide Group Life Insurance Cover for Federal Government Employees:

Insurance Companies and Brokers are appointed by the Federal Government and thereafter assigned to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to provide Insurance Cover for the Employees of those MDAs. It is their responsibility to process and settle death claims that occur in their assigned MDA

12. What are the periods since inception for which no Insurance Cover was procured?

The Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation advertises for Prequalification of interested Insurance Companies and Brokers to participate in the Scheme. The process of Selection of credible Insurance Companies and Brokers are carried out in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007.

For deceased Officers whose death claims fall under the period of Insurance Cover, the Pension/Insurance Desk Officer of the deceased’s MDA is required to immediately notify the appointed Insurance Broker of the demise of any Officer in their MDA for necessary documentation and processing of claims
In addition to the notification, the Desk Officer is required to forward a duly completed Death Notification Form (DNF) in respect of each deceased Officer with relevant documents attached as provided on the DNF duly signed by the Director Human Resources Management of the deceased Officer’s MDA.

16. Can an Employer deduct any outstanding debts of the employee from the benefits payable in the event of death?

The Employer does not have the right to make any deduction from the benefit payable. The total amount of benefits must be paid in full.

17. How long does it take for claims to be paid under the circumstances below, to Next-of-Kins or Dependents of deceased Officers? Benefits?

When there is Insurance Cover, Claims notified, with complete documentation are processed and settled within One (1) month of receipt of such request by the Insurance Company.

Claims are processed within 5 days of notification by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation and inputed into the Database, waiting to be paid as soon as funds are released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, on a first come first serve basis.
please i need your advise. My late dad's insurance broker was AIICO pensions and they claim that we have to pay 10% of the entire claim to the government, it that right? is that 10% deduction legal? if it's not, what can i do? I am very confused now. Where do I get the amount they are asking for? What can I do?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
yetunsbay:
okay
Do you have information as regards to broker incharge of ministry of Education.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Blessed200016: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2020
livewithpurpose:

Pls do u have an idea of what batch of death benefits (Gratuity) pencom paid last ?

It's urgent pls
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Blessed200016: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2020
frioslegend02:

Pls anyone with an idea of what batch of death benefits (Gratuity) pencom paid last ?

It's urgent pls
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Blessed200016:
Pls do u have an idea of what batch of death benefits (Gratuity) pencom paid last ?

It's urgent pls

As at December 2019 it was 76.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Blessed200016: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
livewithpurpose:

As at December 2019 it was 76.
Thks but I learnt 78
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Blessed200016:
Thks but I learnt 78

Have you been placed on a batch?

Waiting for batch 97

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 10:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Waiting for batch 97

I'm batch 90 and no news yet.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Waiting for batch 97
Awaiting batch 91
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
livewithpurpose:

I'm batch 90 and no news yet.
kindly abreast us pls when ur batch is being paid. Team 91

2 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2020
yetunsbay:
Awaiting batch 91

Wow!... Let's keep our fingers crossed till then

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Yeah. Anyone who have made a recent call concerning this batch stuff ?

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2020
yetunsbay:
Yeah. Anyone who have made a recent call concerning this batch stuff ?

I've been calling oo, but they're not picking up
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Thefarmer3:

I've been calling oo, but they're not picking up
Exactly what's tiring

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.