Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:20 PM

Liberia To Deport 31 Illegal Ghanaian Immigrants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Liberia To Deport 31 Illegal Ghanaian Immigrants (1568 Views)

N’delta JTF Destroys 31 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 18 / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? / Canada To Deport A Nigerians’ Hater, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Back To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liberia To Deport 31 Illegal Ghanaian Immigrants by dasparrow: 2:48am On Oct 23, 2013
Liberia to deport 31 illegal Ghanaian immigrants, says Immigration Bureau

October 22, 2013 14:18

Deportation

Monrovia, Oct. 22, 2013 (Xinhua/NAN) Liberia's Bureau of Immigration and Naturalisation (BIN) on Tuesday said it plans to deport 31 Ghanaians for illegal entry into the country.

The Spokesperson for the bureau, Abraham Dolley, stated this in a statement in Monrovia, the nation's capital city.

The 31 Ghanaians were occupants of a strange fishing boat arrested on the Robertsport beach in Grand Cape Mount in the western part of Liberia, Dolley said.

The bureau has declared all the 31 persons aboard the vessel illegal immigrants and contacts had been made by the government of Liberia with the Ghanaian Embassy in Monrovia for their deportation, the spokesperson said.

The Ghanaians include 27 men, seven women and three children, who boarded the wooden vessel.

Although none of the illegal immigrants had any travelling documents, like the ECOWAS passport, identification or legal sea faring document from the Liberian Maritime Authority (LIMA), investigation by the bureau had established that they were all Ghanians, Dolley said.

Dolley said that the fishing boat sailed from Ghanaian waters and entered Liberia on Oct. 15, via the Atlantic Ocean.

The statement quoted Dolley as saying that all the illegal immigrants were currently in custody in Robertsport, Grand Cape Mount County, pending the deportation.

According to him, it is illegal for anybody, be it ECOWAS citizen or not, to enter Liberia without proper travelling documents.

Dolley said immigration around the world was associated with high security risk to the designated country. (Xinhua/NAN)

Culled from: http://www.nanngronline.com/section/foreign/liberia-to-deport-31-illegal-ghanaian-immigrants-says-immigration-bureau

Re: Liberia To Deport 31 Illegal Ghanaian Immigrants by dasparrow: 2:51am On Oct 23, 2013
@Post

Deportations everywhere. I am quite shocked by this news though. I thought Ghana is doing so well that her citizens don't need to migrate illegally to other nations? Oh well.
Re: Liberia To Deport 31 Illegal Ghanaian Immigrants by laplace19(m): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Deportations everywhere. I am quite shocked by this news though. I thought Ghana is doing so well that her citizens don't need to migrate illegally to other nations? Oh well.

Exactly what I am thinking....

(1) (Reply)

Sos : Cultists Take Over Egbema In Imo / Bayelsa: Dickson’s Aides Defect To APC / What Is The Name Of Akwa Ibom State Governor ADC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.