Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days (88248 Views)

Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by watzz: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
how cum no 1 is talkn bout baba Fela, n dis lady dat sang. won pe e ni sisi inu e dun, ah o mo ara eko wan so e di apere ajase....lollz.., also, sumtn lyk ma pa iyami ni ekun.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by scholes23(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
To download all your favorite old school songs, visit www.tubidy.mobi. That's where I have all 9ja and foreign oldies.
Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by ariyebaba(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
DIZZY K FALOLA-BABY KI LODE

He is d first Nigerian Hip Hop artist.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Mergic(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Can't rememba whu sang the song buh the chorus goes like
This girl, yu fink say yu fyn
I get anoda girl wey fine pass yu

Very funny then!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by scholes23(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mergic: Can't rememba whu sang the song buh the chorus goes like

Very funny then!

That's FATHER U-TURN. He also sang YETUNDE YETUNDE O YETUNDE ME DA
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by scholes23(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
I'm sure u guys must have forgotten ALEX O. He sang this song, BANANA: OH YEAH SHE IS MINE, SHE's MY BANANA,
CELEBRATION: LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, CELEBRATION TIME
DO IT IN THE NAME OF LOVE: Oh oh oh oh Do it in the name of love
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by scholes23(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Wadada wadada was sung by INFERNO. Titled wishes for all(wadada)
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Dannylux: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Just bookmarked this thread!! Be back when I subscribe
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
zeelo2014:
Thought it was Switzerland. Among all the old-timers,I think Bongos Ikwue is the most successful till date. HE has a resort & hotels in Otukpo,he has a big furniture company in Abuja + other solid investments scattered across the country,he was also linked romantically to Maryam Babangida.
No one has mentioned Oliver de coque,his tribute to the 1994 Airforce air disaster.
Shina Peters greatest track,chei! I've forgotten ooo.
Then this advert then "make una call police ee,make una call police eee,call call call police ooo.
He was in Sweden and I'm dead sure.
I love Oliver De' Coque's Biri kambiri album, especially the track he dedicated to Innochris and Joneb's holiday Inn,Okuzu junction.
Sir Warrior was doing well before the drug incident that sent him to early date with bros Lucifer.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nonywendy(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Wow...i lov dis thread. Old skool music on point. Good old days,..
1. Onyeka onwenu....u and I wil live as one
2. Mike okri......time na mone
3. Esseion igbokwe
4. Victor uwaifo etc
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by sholay2011(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Who remembers this Yoruba song?

" Mo lo sodo; mo r'oluweri...o ni n wa gbeja, oro eja ko lo n se mi.

Mo lo soko; mo r'olu oko...o ni n wa gbasu, oro isu ko lo n se mi.

Mo de buka; awon ore mi n butan...won ni n wa b'okele...oro ebi ko lo n se mi".

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by olaleke1(m): 4:44am On Oct 26, 2013
nanidee: Seyi Shodinmu, - Love me jeje, love me tender grin

Christy Essien Igbokwe

Alex Zitto with baby Walakolombo... OMG cry. Whatever happened to all these musicians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3xOawCHMc

Seriously,what happened to all these guys? Blackky,Yvonne ChakaChaka.Evi-Edna Ogholi,Alex O,Alex Zitto(Tickle Me),& recently one music that was played those days.,the song is in some eartern language like that...heard it on a soap opera currently running on GalaxyTV...the good old days...na wa o...
Majek Fashek - Send down the rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoOzGqjxDI&list=PL6EB86F2BAE06B39E
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by olaleke1(m): 4:54am On Oct 26, 2013
Yvonne Chaka Chaka,Evi-Edna Ogholi,Alex Zitto(Tickle Me),Alex O,Bright Chimezie(Oziggi Master),Felix Liberty(Loverboy,Ngozi,Ifeoma),the late Miriam Makeba,the late Brenda Fassie,Paul(that organized one South African concert like that)...etc.
Seriously,what happened to them all? These guys suffered for the music industry,yet they are nowhere to be found to enjoy the rewards of their sacrifices. Kudos to you,dearie. You've really dug up some good old memories...if not to sin against the Word of GOD,the former days were really....
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Eliasog: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2013
Please who knew who sang this beautiful yoruba song as i think it was release mid 80's Ti nba lo si irin ajo, Ile a di tire, ti nba de o, wa ma kala. Eni nrin ka he to fe ku pelu e, owo eni to ti sonu nko........
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Emmysteve(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mergic: Can't rememba whu sang the song buh the chorus goes like

Very funny then!
Let me continue, dont knw if its thesame song tho.
Angelina, she fyn pass u brekete,
My sister, she fyn pass u brekete
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nyabingi(m): 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
there was this song that became an Anthem on AIT in the late 90s it was sang in yoruba and english tittled Folashade, "baby mi ma fimi sile oo folashade ololufemi, like the summer rolling urukeke urukeke oo"
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by stevedre: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2015
smiley smiley Abeg, please, biko, ejo let me know if youvee gotten details of that song. I have been looking fot it for years but up till now nothing. Chai, i use to have a crush on the girl that was dancing with her chocolate skin n short hair cut. grin grin grin

ifyalways:
Lovely.
Reminds me of a song i heard on radio yesterday. I cant remember the full song or singer,somebody please help me.Part of the songs says

"Egwu,egwu Igbo amaka,
Omalicha nwata bia tewere m egwu.
Isi gi peru mpe,Omalicha nwata bia tewere m egwu . . "

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Tennyrank(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Ishilove:

I loved this track. smiley

My favourite Okri song was one he did with one sweet voiced lady like that (can't remember her name). The chorus goes like this:

"You are the one

I want as a friend

No one else

No one else

You are the one

I want as a friend

No one else"

A lady was dancing ballet in the shadows throughout the duration of the video.

Who has a download link please?

Please if you ever have a link to download the song do let me know tennyrank@yahoo.com.com I have been looking for the song too. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by pidu: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=spade post=19075241]Egwu
Egwu Igbo amaka
Ooomalicha nwata g'atubalu'm egwu

Egwu o
Egwu Igbo amaka
Ooomalicha nwata g'atubalu'm egwu

O nwelu nwa
Isi ya pelu mpe
Ooomalicha nwata g'atubalu'm egwu.

I miss this song so much, but I can't remember the name. It was the jam of life

where can I get it plz

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Flashysounds: 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
VALENTINE PROMO

Get your song recorded for as low as #6000 which includes mixing with mastering with quality production guaranteed and get access to our free online promotion platform and also shoot your quality video for as low as #60,000 with free online promotion which also involves promoting your video on youtube without cost. Both audio production and video production will get bbm and whatsapp broadcast,also promoted on facebook and twitter without any cost. You can also contact us for jingle recordings,Mixing, Mastering,video editing,Consultation Services,voice overs, training on music production to become a professional music producer,training on how to be a professional DJ, training on musical instruments of your choice, voice training and other Entertainment services. . You can also contact us for cheap and affordable music promotions like alaba mix,online,radio/tv,caller tunez,affordable advert placement for your kind of business, website creation,Logo/ graphics design, creation of artist page,etc at cheaper and affordable fees you can't resist.
INTERESTED?
For bookings and enquiries,do Whatsapp 07032617747 Or Call 09098639991. We are here to render to you the best of quality service. Try us and you'll never regret you did.

NOTE
Promo ends on the 29th of February,2016.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Truman155(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
anyone know how i can get dready boys new wave album ps help i will be grateful

i love those guys (music)
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Dotman3117(m): 5:41am On Apr 11, 2016
Please did anyone knows who sang this old igbo song the singer is a female she likes speaking in tongue when singing, one of the song lyrics goes thus "Lord you are worthy of my praise recieve all glory and adore you are worthy to be praise you are worthy to be praise recieve all glory and adore" and another song goes thus "Let the Lord have His way/2x put ur hand in His hand and let lead you,look up on and see a crown is waitin over there, let the Lord so let the Lord have His way"
I will really appreciate if someone can help me with the singer and the album of the song
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by mencade5(m): 10:11pm On May 15, 2016
Someone should help me with this.

This old school songs by white guy that goes like this

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Please i need the title and the name of the artist. It is a white guy that sang it.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by datGuyJoo: 6:17am On May 16, 2016
Nice Job Peeps, great videos. brings back memories.

Please let's not forget these videos. Go to www.videonaija.tv and submit them. it's free

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by warrenweste(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
nyabingi:
I have always been a fan of the old school, i have over a thouasand collections of old school music both foreign and local in my music libry cassates, vinyls and cds
This is the very reason i like listening to classic fm 97.3 lagos sometimes they play songs that bring tears to my eyes especially benji on saturday night fever.
songs like:
mike okri-mi sisi
sunny okosuns-mther and child
majek fashek- mother
the mandators-love your country
onyeka onwenu-in the morning light
orits wiliki- loneliness
sunny okosuns-breakdown the walls
majek fashek-i've got a feeling
evi edna ogholi-happy birthday
prince nico mbaga-happy birthday
felix liberty-ngozi
alex o-celebrate
the mandators-rise to the top
daddy shokey- young girl
broght chimezie- african style
sir shina peters-ace
king sunny ade- odu
uche ibeto- jigida
princes olubunmi-eko dara pupo
funmi adams-nigeria my beloved country
its endless....

pls which other funmi adams do u have? and how can i get the rest of majek songs u listed? thanks
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 07, 2017
ifyalways:
Lovely.
Reminds me of a song i heard on radio yesterday. I cant remember the full song or singer,somebody please help me.Part of the songs says

"Egwu,egwu Igbo amaka,
Omalicha nwata bia tewere m egwu.
Isi gi peru mpe,Omalicha nwata bia tewere m egwu . . "

Hey. Did you find the song?
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by DonEmmycom(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2017
Sell your music online now

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by helen88: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2017
sholay2011:
Who remembers this Yoruba song?

" Mo lo sodo; mo r'oluweri...o ni n wa gbeja, oro eja ko lo n se mi.

Mo lo soko; mo r'olu oko...o ni n wa gbasu, oro isu ko lo n se mi.

Mo de buka; awon ore mi n butan...won ni n wa b'okele...oro ebi ko lo n se mi".
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by helen88: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2017
Tunji Oyelana...molosoko
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Juliette05(f): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nostalgia, can't stop the sniffing
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by mofedamijo(m): 1:16am On Nov 16, 2017
timmilehin:

OMG !!! Are you Pondering what I am pondering? I was about asking who knows that song before you asked. I was in JSS 1 then and the song remind me of st francis catholic school.( Chika Ike secondary school) 1998 to be prescribe. Any link. I love the Snow part and the white ladies dance. It makes me love abroad when I was younger. Lol
Its bin a long time,jux stumbled upon diz now,i attended saint francis too,i was in jss1 den too,remember rev father thomas denny the english teacher from newyork

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

R. City Ft Adam Levine – Locked Away Mp3 Download / Which Song Are You Addicted To Right Now? / Lil Ameer Hassan Is Dead, To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.