Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage (30219 Views)

(see Pictures) Meet 2 Married Transgenders Nick And Bianca And Their 2sons / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) / How Did Bianca Become Ojukwus ''only'' Widow. Where Is His Very First Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Delafruita(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2013
naptu2: The properties that were listed belonged to Sir Louis Phillipe Odumegwu Ojukwu (Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's father). He founded the Ojukwu Transport Limited and was once the richest man in Nigeria.

The Federal Government seized those properties after the Civil War (the property on Hawksworth Road was the headquarters of JAMB for a long time, while the property on Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, known as Villaska Lodge, was the subject of the famous court case Ojukwu vs Lagos State).

Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu instituted many court cases in order to reclaim these properties. The Babangida Government eventually decided to return these properties to the Ojukwu Family.

The bone of contention now, is that the Ojukwu Family claim that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu was managing these properties on behalf of Ojukwu Transport Limited and therefore, the properties belong to the company (and thus the extended family), while Bianca claims that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu inherited these properties from Sir Louis Phillippe Odumegwu Ojukwu and thus, she and her children should inherit the properties.
this will be a tough case to fight.bianca will have to show proof that ojukwu inherited these properties from his father and was sole custodian at the point of his death.it will also need to be ascertained who the government of babangida released the properties to...ojukwu transport company or emeka ojukwu.if the properties were released to ojukwu transport company,then ojukwu would not have authority to transfer ownership to his children without approval of the board of ojukwu transport company

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by meetgaya: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2013
utumunta: I see Professor, Arc & Engr as titles before some names, yet they are so ignorant to know that; the fact that Ojukwu and Bianca lived together and had kids; represented themselves to the world as husband and wife, is good against the world. If not anything, they are recognised as husband and wife under common law.
have you seen barrester here?
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by b3llo(m): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2013
I knw dis was coming! Waiting for Part 2. Shout out 2 all my Igbo brothers n sister.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by 1radioguru1: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Igboid knows this gonna be murder for em. I can see they not starting any mudslinging on yorubas .

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by NovusHomo(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2013
[quote author=ITbomb]In those days the hymen was a proof of marriage and consummation , this would have been easy[/q

FFK took that already!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Godswillu(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2013
Even if Ojukwu was not the legal husband of Bianca. Ojukwu had a will.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by chatterly: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2013
A curious argument that i read is that where were the other family members when ojukwu was fighting for those properties,the natural answer should be why were the properties seized in the first place?.The properties were seized because of the the ikemba and his fighting for it does not make them his own just a restitution to the family .thats all.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mrperfect(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2013
Well, that is a family affair.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Perfecter4real(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2013
I ain't surprise that what the igbo folks are good at greedy old men.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by RockMaxi: 11:36am On Oct 24, 2013
The normal family palaver but seems some folks are not only angry but hell-bent at destroying this woman...FFK see wetin you cause

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2013
touchmeder:

Did the late Sir Louis Phillippe Odumegwu Ojukwu leave behind a will
If Ojukwu (the war lord) fought this case in court and won, did he do it on behalf of his family or for himself as per being the first son
Bianca is in a dicey situation as so many other women in Nigeria.
Did the property belong to your husband or was it one he inherited from his father?
Even the one a woman's husband built (and maybe the woman money join o) in-law go follow fight how much more family house. That na igbese.
Bianca i wish you the best, keep fighting because these family people will be on your back for a long long long time and when you go, they will be on your son's back fighting them as well
Make una nor kill the woman sha. Goodluck to both parties.

Ojukwus father was a wealthy man and thus should have had some sort of formal Education. I want to believe that he must have left behind a Will on how his Estate should be managed and distributed.
Now for anyone to expect Bianca to have this said Will is just going to be outrightly ridiculous. And chances are the events of 1967 may have also affected the whereabouts of some crucial documents as we all know that many Igbos lost documents to valuable properties to that War.

What I would love to ask is;

1. Did Ojukwu not leave a clear Last Will & Testament on how his estate should be managed?
2. If he did, on what grounds are they contesting his will?! Insanity or that the items that make up his estate are not his to give.

This is very shameful...
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by ajasa4link: 11:40am On Oct 24, 2013
naptu2: The properties that were listed belonged to Sir Louis Phillipe Odumegwu Ojukwu (Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's father). He founded the Ojukwu Transport Limited and was once the richest man in Nigeria.

The Federal Government seized those properties after the Civil War (the property on Hawksworth Road was the headquarters of JAMB for a long time, while the property on Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, known as Villaska Lodge, was the subject of the famous court case Ojukwu vs Lagos State).

Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu instituted many court cases in order to reclaim these properties. The Babangida Government eventually decided to return these properties to the Ojukwu Family.

The bone of contention now, is that the Ojukwu Family claim that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu was managing these properties on behalf of Ojukwu Transport Limited and therefore, the properties belong to the company (and thus the extended family), while Bianca claims that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu inherited these properties from Sir Louis Phillippe Odumegwu Ojukwu and thus, she and her children should inherit the properties.
IF this is true, then the onus of proof is on Bianca to prove the property were truly emeka ojukwu's and he had the right to transfer the property to her
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by naptu2: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2013
There are claims and counter claims of forgery.

Ojukwu Transport Limited once tendered a letter, which it claims was written by Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, in which he rendered account of how Villaska Lodge was being managed to Ojukwu Transport Limited. They said that this is evidence that he was merely managing the property on behalf of the company.

Bianca's lawyer claimed that the letter was forged.

The thread containing the letter is somewhere on nairaland. I'm still searching for it.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2013
What a shame. These folks are disgustingly low in thinking . If ojukwu didn't divorce Bianca before he died.I don't see what their problem is. And talking about DNA tests to prove the kids are ojukwu's is highly laughable.the man didn't doubt his wife nor the origin of his kids. What the heck is their problem?

So annoying how lazy people just like to wait for a man to die so they can get rich. And reap where they did not sow.
So in their lazy minds they can they can dispossess this woman of her years of labor beside ojukwu. Fat chance.if all their claims are true why did they wait for him to die before coming to take what is rightfully theirs?
Everybody knows how evil some brothers in law can be. No need to sugar coat.if they really owned what they claim to own, the honest way would have been to resolve the issue before ojukwu's death.but no they had to wait For him to die.as we all know.dead men don't talk.

As for those calling Bianca a prostitute.I do know for certain that no woman in their entire lineage past or present can stand shoulder to shoulder beside Bianca.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by realbenson: 11:45am On Oct 24, 2013
since the late ikemba will that property to Bianca children, can't those old men go and look for somewhere else to buy their own property than fighting with the poor widow? They should allow peace to reign in that family.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Emilo(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2013
I really don't know any party involved, my opinion is simple........

Bianca!! whether Ikemba willed all asset to u or not....u should have a sense of pity to know that the other group should at least own some assets. How do u intend to claim everything and leave them dry. Remember u don't even have an idea how theses properties were acquired in the first place. For Christ sake don't be greedy, allow them own some properties.

With this u can settle out of court and save yourself some embarrassment. As an ambassador, are u afraid that u kids would suffer or its just greed pushing u....as atypical Nigeria..

I rest my case....

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Crixina(f): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2013
fkaz: Ojukwu no try, he just left behind confuse family
that's what most wealthy men,you will think they have it all figured out.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Ishilove: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2013
Useless people. God will defend the widow.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by NaMe4: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2013
I think say na only for nollywood this one dey happen!!!
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by BRISTLELTD: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2013
the necessity of this all will spiral through web like a virus on software. the advise to la' creme is to proclaim minor reprieve from the diabolical family and restrain from lyrical confrontation by submitting some to the aggrieved parties.
think of it what you like.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by DaRocha: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2013
homesteady:

SOURCE

Homesteady, please this story is not complete. You did not start from the beginning. Kindly see below.

Some aggrieved members of the Ojukwu family on Wednesday challenged Nigeria’s Ambassador to Spain, Bianca Ojukwu, to prove to the world that the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, was the biological father of her two sons – Afamefuna and Nwachukwu.

The family members, in a 19-paragraph statement of defence before a Lagos High Court sitting in Igbosere, also challenged Bianca to prove, if she has any, that she was legally married to the late Ojukwu.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/ojukwu-not-biological-father-of-biancas-children-family-tells-court/
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by write2obi(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2013
utumunta: I see Professor, Arc & Engr as titles before some names, yet they are so ignorant to know that; the fact that Ojukwu and Bianca lived together and had kids; represented themselves to the world as husband and wife, is good against the world. If not anything, they are recognised as husband and wife under common law.
So when a woman lives and have kids with a man, they are now Married "under common law"
, WTF is even common law? *i pity your parents*
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
veraponpo:

Bianca is just a normal I.mo woman/girl that can open legs for any man because of money...

This is ridiculous.
swine.

With your head full of bread and tissue paper where your brain is supposed to be, do you think you're worth Any imo woman?
I'm Sure you've met all the one million plus women in Imo.and I'm sure you've slept with all of them to arrive at such a brilliant conclusion.

Garri brain..
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mohammad11: 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Always for the wealth that will brings you happiness and sound peace in our family.
Lust for wealth leading to al this shits.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mohammad11: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
mohammad11: Always pray for the wealth that will brings you happiness and sound peace in our family.
Lust for wealth leading to al this shits.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Oga Carrot: Ibos Ojukwus' do not have regard for women. Imagine the way. Ojukwu's kinsmen are treating Bianca all because of money. What a shame..

Why attack a whole tribe because of the actions of a few? Tribal bigotry will get us no where!!!!
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by bibina: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

She's a national asset and you all know what happens to Nigerian assets; they are mostly mismanaged. After fani dumped the bytch, ojuku came and helped her. They sort of did overnight marriage and before you know, she started spitting, had bumps and babies started coming.

Ojuku was lonely and needed a fresh blood badly to mend his broken heart considering the defeat, the betrayal against his troops and people arising from his cross country race to ivory coast and the aftermath. The family should let bianca enjoy ojuku's money afterall she was a good asset to ojuku and the nation at large. I only hope she places herself for public offer too so that interested nigerians can apply.

That was quite insulting! you definitely did not have to insult her.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by infolpf: 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
geeez:

The fact that someone lives in your house and bears your kids doesn't mean that she is legally married to you

Bianca needs to show a marriage certificate (which she doesn't have) and that her kids are not FFK's or even OBJ's. Even my aboki has the right to claim those kids until proven otherwise.

@ geeez: Your understanding of the law is best left to misogynistic market talk. Nigeria recognizes 1. Statutory marriages under the Marriage Act; 2. Islamic Marriages; 3. Customary Law marriages; and Yes, even 4. Common law marriage (co-habitation).

If Bianca needs to show a marriage certificate to prove that your aboki is not the father of her children, then I could also well say that YOU need to show a marriage certificate for your grand father and grand mother, otherwise you are the offspring of my grand father's houseboy!

But I am too polite for that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / Elder Bros Wife Mouthed Me Out! What do I do now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.