Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage (30197 Views)

(see Pictures) Meet 2 Married Transgenders Nick And Bianca And Their 2sons / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) / How Did Bianca Become Ojukwus ''only'' Widow. Where Is His Very First Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by infolpf: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
write2obi:
So when a woman lives and have kids with a man, they are now Married "under common law"
, WTF is even common law? *i pity your parents*

Don't waste time pitying Utumunta's parents, focus on pitying YOUR OWN parents for your wasted education. Yes, Nigeria does in fact recognize Common Law marriage, contracted primarily by cohabitation! It is bad enough that you are ignorant and refuse to let yourself be educated by people who know better, but you have the audacity to be insulting in your state of ignorance too? Thats unacceptable!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by securi: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
I really dont know why some women are very greedy these days. She wants everything for her Children alone, claiming that others did not contribute when he was fighting for the properties back forgotten that others sufferred that fate due to Ikemba's action. I least expect such action from her considering her family and educational background.
I read a similar case about Captain Haastrup but wasnt really surprised because the Lady involved is not from such a reputable family like Bianca.
http://www.shipsandports.com.ng/2013/news/Family-of-veteran-Master-Mariner-Capt-Haastrup-fingers-ex-wife-for-his-abduction-death.php

Why will someone be greedy and not consider others too, not even a simple give and take. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by ACM10: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
The DNA test must be extended to other members of Ojukwu family. His sons from other wives must be screened. Ojukwu's siblings must be screened to establish their paternity. The screening must not be done in isolation.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Sobrit(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
Arc, dr, prof, engr. Mrs Bianca's kids. Every one should go and work and earn their own money and keep peace than fighting dirty over a dead man's wealth. Vanity upon vanity
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
SLIDE waxie: People from that place passed out from schools to slap title on their names, yet no intelligence!

Its a clear fact that during Abiola's era, ALL the women were asked to come for a DNA test cos saying he's not legally married to a lady he fuccked high and dry and pumped in his seminal fluid to produce children is a lost war!

Yet these ones say they are doctors and architects, yet no brain!

Yuk!!!
didn't he pump in his hard-earned money too?
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
naptu2: The properties that were listed belonged to Sir Louis Phillipe Odumegwu Ojukwu (Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's father). He founded the Ojukwu Transport Limited and was once the richest man in Nigeria.

The Federal Government seized those properties after the Civil War (the property on Hawksworth Road was the headquarters of JAMB for a long time, while the property on Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, known as Villaska Lodge, was the subject of the famous court case Ojukwu vs Lagos State).

Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu instituted many court cases in order to reclaim these properties. The Babangida Government eventually decided to return these properties to the Ojukwu Family.

The bone of contention now, is that the Ojukwu Family claim that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu was managing these properties on behalf of Ojukwu Transport Limited and therefore, the properties belong to the company (and thus the extended family), while Bianca claims that Chukwuemeka Ojukwu inherited these properties from Sir Louis Phillippe Odumegwu Ojukwu and thus, she and her children should inherit the properties.

This is going to be interesting... *//Grabs pop corn*// Wears 3D Glasses
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by IYANGBALI: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
*556#:
I'm surprised not. Those children shared striking semblance with Femi Fani Kayode. Imagine your in-laws demanding for marriage evidence? Meaning, the marriage was a "kwanan gida" gone bad.

Bianca is a confirmed akwuna.
you mean FFK was a shareholder in her CUNTpany

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by todayguest(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
When relationships go sour because of greed, the unthinkable happens. If she had not manipulated things in her favour. Who'd have asked her such ridiculous proofs ?. She married into an already established family with grown up sons, and highly educated siblings. Without a second thought, she wants all Ojukwu owns. And,even jointly owned go to her under age sons. How can it possible. I wonder what the world will be like without greed!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by IYANGBALI: 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
ACM10: The DNA test must be extended to other members of Ojukwu family. His sons from other wives must be screened. Ojukwu's siblings must be screened to establish their paternity. The screening must not be done in isolation.
ikemba ti foko lana lo sorun
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by VMLTDSMS(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
THIS PEOPLE ARE JUST LAZY AND TRYING TO RIP WHAT THE NEVER SOLD.IS GOOD THAT BIANCA IS A GOOD MATCH TO THEM ALL,THIS IS HOW MOST WIDOWS GET DEPRIVED OF THEIR BENEFIT BY SO CALLED INLAWS.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by MeAboki(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
Delafruita: this will be a tough case to fight.bianca will have to show proof that ojukwu inherited these properties from his father and was sole custodian at the point of his death.it will also need to be ascertained who the government of babangida released the properties to...ojukwu transport company or emeka ojukwu .if the properties were released to ojukwu transport company,then ojukwu would not have authority to transfer ownership to his children without approval of the board of ojukwu transport company

I think I can recall somewhere that the properties were released to Ojukwu (not the company) by the Babangida administration by decree no. 24 or 54 of 1993; and because of this I believe Bianca may have the upper hand over the properties since the family did nothing to correct the anomaly over the years, it therefore could be said that they slept over their rights (in view of statute of limitation).
Lawyers in the house please feel free to comment (I know someone with similar case, it could help him too).

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by hilary26(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Chronicles of a Rich father's Runs daughter.
U follow your papa political rival ......wat do u expect, when your step children are all older than you.
Yeye woman!
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by IYANGBALI: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
lorretta u: What a shame. These folks are disgustingly low in thinking . If ojukwu didn't divorce Bianca before he died.I don't see what their problem is. And talking about DNA tests to prove the kids are ojukwu's is highly laughable.the man didn't doubt his wife nor the origin of his kids. What the heck is their problem?

So annoying how lazy people just like to wait for a man to die so they can get rich. And reap where they did not sow.
So in their lazy minds they can they can dispossess this woman of her years of labor beside ojukwu. Fat chance.if all their claims are true why did they wait for him to die before coming to take what is rightfully theirs?
Everybody knows how evil some brothers in law can be. No need to sugar coat.if they really owned what they claim to own, the honest way would have been to resolve the issue before ojukwu's death.but no they had to wait For him to die.as we all know.dead men don't talk.

As for those calling Bianca a prostitute.I do know for certain that no woman in their entire lineage past or present can stand shoulder to shoulder beside Bianca.
lorreta lorreta you again?ok
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by ACM10: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
IYA NGBALI: ikemba ti foko lana lo sorun

Nikita rachaa gi ike. Ozu nwuru anwu.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you mean FFK was a shareholder in her CUNTpany
Yes, so also Peter Obi and Jonathan and OBJ. If you are in any doubt, ask Debe OJUKWU for confirmation.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by romeo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
These primitive fools from Nnewi again? I was at the traditional wedding of Ojukwu and Bianca and it was a heavy event. CC Onoh will not allow his daughter marry Ojukwu if the papers are not in order.. Bianca is from a family that knows how to fight for landed properties, the Ojukwus will lose on this one. i have no doubt about that.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by onyichick(f): 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
make dem do DNA test abeg so dat dis matter will end once n for all.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mojeer678: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
info@lpf:

Don't waste time pitying Utumunta's parents, focus on pitying YOUR OWN parents for your wasted education. Yes, Nigeria does in fact recognize Common Law marriage, contracted primarily by cohabitation! It is bad enough that you are ignorant and refuse to let yourself be educated by people who know better, but you have the audacity to be insulting in your state of ignorance too? Thats unacceptable!

The only evidence of marriage recognised under Nigerian law is marriage under the Act, i.e. Registry. The 'church' marriage etc still need to undergo the registry process to be validly recognised under the law with the certificate of marriage as proof of a valid marriage.

Customary law/traditional 'marriage' and or 'islamic' marriage are also valid under their own jurisprudence but cannot be entertained in a law court under Matrimonial Causes.

So my dear indignant friend, Nigerian law does not know or recognise 'common law marriage, contracted primarily by cohabitation', which with all due respect, is plain rubbish! Maybe it's you who wasted good education by not paying enough attention in Family Law class, if at all you ever attended any.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by james1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
The other children of the ikemba should take it easy;in this case,bianca has the overal upper hand,she is the one with ojukwu when he contested and got back the properties,she is the one with him before he died.
They should instead set up an elders reconciliation committee to get in the good with bianca and amicably ask for some of the properties.
Bianca is fighting them off cos typically of most nigerian families,if you give them without them sweating for it,they would step up their game and go all out to take all the properties,many women have suffered that fate and many more will suffer such.
Bianca is not taking any chances.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by james1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
The other children of the ikemba should take it easy;in this case,bianca has the overal upper hand,she is the one with ojukwu when he contested and got back the properties,she is the one with him before he died.
They should instead set up an elders reconciliation committee to get in the good with bianca and amicably ask for some of the properties.
Bianca is fighting them off cos typically of most nigerian families,if you give them without them sweating for it,they would step up their game and go all out to take all the properties,many women have suffered that fate and many more will suffer such.
Bianca is not sleeping over her rights;taking all her chances.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by sheniqua: 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Like I said on the MIC thread
You men should stick to one wife rather than polygamy and serial monogamy and procreating like pepeye all about town
Stop bringing shame to your loved ones in your death
Don't make the mistake of your fathers.

And to those bringing on this ridiculous suit
[size=18pt]Get a freaking life[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mojeer678: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Godswill_u: Even if Ojukwu was not the legal husband of Bianca. Ojukwu had a will.

And didn't the will provided that certain property belong to Bianca with the proviso that she would lose same upon remarriage to another person?

That will should be scrutinised closely to know what and whose each property OWNED by Ojukwu (not those he cannot legally dispose off, if they are the Family's property, 'no man can give what he doesn't have').

It's all greed in action, exhibited by all parties to this shameless show. They should all go and hang their heads in shame.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by sheniqua: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
mojeer678:

The only evidence of marriage recognised under Nigerian law is marriage under the Act, i.e. Registry. The 'church' marriage etc still need to undergo the registry process to be validly recognised under the law with the certificate of marriage as proof of a valid marriage.

Customary law/traditional 'marriage' and or 'islamic' marriage are also valid under their own jurisprudence but cannot be entertained in a law court under Matrimonial Causes.

So my dear indignant friend,[b] Nigerian law does not know or recognise 'common law marriage, contracted primarily by cohabitation', [/b]which with all due respect, is plain rubbish! Maybe it's you who wasted good education by not paying enough attention in Family Law class, if at all you ever attended any.

It does recognize a will
The marriage license cannot stop how a man decides to share his assets
You could be married and give all you have to mama Kofo and her kids down the street
It is your prerogative.
So whatever license a wife possesses is immaterial
Were those assets provided for her in a Will?
That is the question
Everyone knows Bianca and Ojukwu were married traditionally and legally

These family members are just losers
Can't they go and achieve for themselves rather than fighting for property with a widow
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mojeer678: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Emilo: I really don't know any party involved, my opinion is simple........

Bianca!! whether Ikemba willed all asset to u or not....u should have a sense of pity to know that the other group should at least own some assets. How do u intend to claim everything and leave them dry. Remember u don't even have an idea how theses properties were acquired in the first place. For Christ sake don't be greedy, allow them own some properties.

With this u can settle out of court and save yourself some embarrassment. As an ambassador, are u afraid that u kids would suffer or its just greed pushing u....as atypical Nigeria..

I rest my case....

Don't be naive.

Why would a young lady, from a very well-to-do home for that matter, leave her age mates to get hitched to her papa mate, albeit an equally wealthy one (a man who allegedly carried her as a toddler from her cradle)? Love

My dear, the property is the 'koko' and that's why she's fighting tooth and nail to ensure no one scatters her own retirement game plan.

You think the Ikemba had no inkling of her agenda? Why else that proviso that she could only lay claim to his property as long as she marries no other person?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by james1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
All hail nairalanders!!!the battle/lawsuit has been fought and won here as usual.lol.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by mojeer678: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
sheniqua:

It does recognize a will
The marriage license cannot stop how a man decides to share his assets
You could be married and give all you have to mama Kofo and her kids down the street
It is your prerogative.
So whatever license a wife possesses is immaterial
Were those assets provided for her in a Will?
That is the question
Everyone knows Bianca and Ojukwu were married traditionally and legally

These family members are just losers
Can't they go and achieve for themselves rather than fighting for property with a widow

I beg to disagree with you that Mama Kofo and her kids can have all of the property while the legally married wife and the children would have nothing.

Maybe you're not aware of the fact that the wife legally inherits the property of her spouse upon death. If the will specifies otherwise, then equity and hood conscience would step in. The will itself could be challenged on the basis that it was made by someone with an unsound mind.

For goodness sake! are you saying all the love, care and affection which the wife has lavished on the man, with the possibility that she also CONTRIBUTED to the assets could all be ignored and everything willed to mama Kofo and her kids down the street?

Court are not only courts of law, but of justice and equity.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by sheniqua: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
lorretta u: What a shame. These folks are disgustingly low in thinking . If ojukwu didn't divorce Bianca before he died.I don't see what their problem is. And talking about DNA tests to prove the kids are ojukwu's is highly laughable.the man didn't doubt his wife nor the origin of his kids. What the heck is their problem?

So annoying how lazy people just like to wait for a man to die so they can get rich. And reap where they did not sow.
So in their lazy minds they can they can dispossess this woman of her years of labor beside ojukwu. Fat chance.if all their claims are true why did they wait for him to die before coming to take what is rightfully theirs?
Everybody knows how evil some brothers in law can be. No need to sugar coat.if they really owned what they claim to own, the honest way would have been to resolve the issue before ojukwu's death.but no they had to wait For him to die.as we all know.dead men don't talk.

As for those calling Bianca a prostitute.I do know for certain that no woman in their entire lineage past or present can stand shoulder to shoulder beside Bianca.

You expressed all my sentiments
Great post.
May God not give us lazy, good-for-nothing children IJMN

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by james1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
....As for the clause in ojukwu's will regarding bianca having claims to the property as long as she remain unmarried;its foolhardy cos it should include"that she can not sell any of the property".bianca can simply sell off all the properties and proceed to get married.she would in doing so navigated around that clause smoothly.
Bianca,if you are reading this,you own me one.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by naptu2: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
This issue is even more complicated than most people think. I've omitted some of the details because it's just too messy and I don't want to get involved in the controversy, but I'll introduce them here.

1) Who is Sir Louis Ojukwu's first child? Is it Professor Joseph Ojukwu or Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu? (Joseph Ojukwu is older than Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, but some claim that his parents were not legally and traditionally married).

2) Is it true that, in order to avoid this kind of problems, Sir Louis willed his assets to his grandchildren, rather than his children? If this is true, who are those grandchildren?

3) Who is Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's first child? Is it Debe Ojukwu or Emeka Ojukwu? (Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu often declared publicly that Debe Ojukwu is not his son).

4) What are the details of the Family Peace Settlement Agreement entered into by Chief Chukwuemeka Oojukwu and his half brothers? Where's the original copy of the agreement?

5) Who owns what property (according to the Family Peace Settlement Agreement)?

6) Can Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu will properties that belong to Ojukwu Transport Limited (if indeed the properties belong to Ojukwu Transport Limited). Conversely, can Ojukwu Transport Limited lay claim to properties that belong solely to Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (if indeed the properties belong solely to him)?

7) Is the letter, tendered by Ojukwu Transport Limited, in which Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu rendered account of the condition of Villaska Lodge genuine or is it a forgery?

8 ) Is Ojukwu's alleged will in which he gave his properties to Bianca genuine or is it a forgery?

It seems that this matter will drag on for a long time (unfortunately). I don't know why they cannot quietly draw up another peace settlement agreement, rather than dragging this thing through the media and the courts.
Re: Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
U might be surprised thr is no legal evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Kind Of Sister Is This? / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.