Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

African Woman Living In American - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Woman Living In American (15052 Views)

The Prettiest African Woman / New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England / Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Woman Living In American by Glamrock(f): 3:47am On Oct 24, 2013
Hello Nairaland! My name is Janae' I'm a 25 year old female from Pennsylvania state USA! I'm new here wanting to learn about my african culture that I was robbed of due to my ancestors being taken from their homeland on slave ships. I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian! It's so much I want to learn and know about my identity but I'm lost because I don't know. Just here to express my feelings with you all. Hoping to gain cultural information and to just connect with people from the west coast of Africa where my ancestors were STOLEN from! Some of you may share my bloodline! It's so sad I can't trace my ancestors or family!

11 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by ckkris: 4:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Welcome to Nairaland. Land of Freedom & Liberty, though as frequently abused as anywhere else on earth. But its fun. Enjoy yourself. And thread as WISELY as you must have learnt, by living in America.
Re: African Woman Living In American by eduson33(m): 4:50am On Oct 24, 2013
You are most welcomed.. kiss
Will be back with some comments later....
Re: African Woman Living In American by benchuksa(m): 5:00am On Oct 24, 2013
New method
Re: African Woman Living In American by Glamrock(f): 5:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Thankyou all for welcoming me! I look forward to learning a lot from this site and meeting new people . God is good
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Booking space here. Would contribute later when I get back from work.
Re: African Woman Living In American by aariwa(m): 6:44am On Oct 24, 2013
you are welcome.BOB MARLEY SANG in his song that if you know your history then you would know where you are going to.i wonder why some blacks have decided to spend a monotonous,empty,uninspiring and all part of their lives in america without seeking their roots.there are many areas you should try and visit.there is this osun -oshgbo river where a british woman has been a priestest for more than 50 years now.it attracts tourists annually during their cultural celebrations,Agulu lake is is good.there you can see harmless big crocodiles in a natural habitat and you can also feed them.there is also this resort at the beach of badagry where you will see old houses and relics used for transportation of slaves to america in the 18th century,you need to also google or read inspiring books about olaudah eqiano,samuel ajayi crowther e.t.c they were sold into slavery but they later came back and helped in the transformation of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by aariwa(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2013
when you come to nigeria you will realise that most of the negative things you hear or read about Nigeria is untrue.when in Nigeria don't display ostentatious or outlandish lifestyle so as not to attract petty criminals to yourself .Use the public transportation system if possible.Another problem with Nigerian lifestyle and culture is that its very infectious.You may forget your home and adopt nigeria as a home.It has happened to so many americans who have deeply discovered Nigeria's culture.An American diplomat Walter Carrington is crazy about nigeria and he is married to a nigerian presently

2 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Welcome Janae, it's me Jason Iyasara Giyaz wink
Just listen to the matured advice the matured ones here are giving you.
Don't listen to people who think you are fake or people who tryna scam you by offering a business deal or any BS whatever.
Just keep your cool and learn from your brothers and sisters.

I'm so proud to be the one who directed you here. It's a pleasure cool

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2013
I think this should be on Front page. . . To Let her get more information, shebi?

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Madawaki01(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Welcome janae.

It will do u good if u can turn blind eyes to some comments that will be made if this thread hit fp,goodluck in ur tracing.

2 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Glamrock: Hello Nairaland! My name is Janae' I'm a 25 year old female from Pennsylvania state USA! I'm new here wanting to learn about my african culture that I was robbed of due to my ancestors being taken from their homeland on slave ships. I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian! It's so much I want to learn and know about my identity but I'm lost because I don't know. Just here to express my feelings with you all. Hoping to gain cultural information and to just connect with people from the west coast of Africa where my ancestors were STOLEN from! Some of you may share my bloodline! It's so sad I can't trace my ancestors or family!
You're welcome, Iyabode.

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Ajibel(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2013
Viewing this topic: Ajibel (f) embarassed

Uhm, you are welcome to learn about your roots here buh

i have nuffin to offer sad Feel at home doe wink
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2013
You're welcome to nairaland. Who knows, you may be from Southern Nigeria cool
Re: African Woman Living In American by Afam4eva(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2013

I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian!
What happens if it comes out negative? I just hope you don't cheat to make sure it comes out with you being a Nigerian grin

Welcome though.

2 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
What happens if it comes out negative? I just hope you don't cheat to make sure it comes out with you being a Nigerian grin

Welcome though.
grin grin grin grin she maybe NIGERIAN oo! Cause look at her na. . . She just looks like every other lady i see every day. . .infact, she looks exactly like one actress in Nollywood. Forgotten the actress' name though, people who watch movies should look at her picture well and comment the actress! cheesy

#TeamGOM
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2013
god_of_music: grin grin grin grin she maybe NIGERIAN oo! Cause look at her na. . . She just looks like every other lady i see every day. . .infact, she looks exactly like one actress in Nollywood. Forgotten the actress' name though, people who watch movies should look at her picture well and comment the actress! cheesy

#TeamGOM
You mean Tonto Dikeh?
Re: African Woman Living In American by lertee(f): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2013
You are welcome babe. Nigeria is fun and filled with goodies. So many diverse culture with more than 250 ethnic groups.
If you can visit Nigeria sometime,it will be good for you just to see things for yourself.
Do have a wonderful time on nairaland and avoid scammers. kiss
Re: African Woman Living In American by Afam4eva(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2013
lertee: You are welcome babe. Nigeria is fun and filled with goodies. So many diverse culture with more than 250 ethnic groups.
If you can visit Nigeria sometime,it will be good for you just to see things for yourself.
Do have a wonderful time on nairaland and avoid scammers. kiss
Pls, do you mind opening a new thread and telling Nigerians what these goodies are cos a lot of Nigerians are without jobs and won't mind these goodies that they don't seem to see grin

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Welcome to the semi E-Nigeria.
Re: African Woman Living In American by philfearon(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
If to say na guy na,Na so so abuses and blah blah blah blah blah go just de fly everywhere...Abuses like:
"So na today u remember say u be African? Smh!."
"End time things"...
"You miss road?"..
"Ancestral trace ko,culture ni"
Nairalanders sef,i doff cap 4 una!!

2 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by lertee(f): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls, do you mind opening a new thread and telling Nigerians what these goodies are cos a lot of Nigerians are without jobs and won't mind these goodies that they don't seem to see grin
I am one of the few who still believe in Nigeria. Every graduate can not work in the office,we cannot all be educated either,there are other places we can explore,everybody cannot be rich,Nigeria can be good to everyone if we explore the right channel.

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Welcum bbe
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2013
philfearon: If to say na guy na,Na so so abuses and blah blah blah blah blah go just de fly everywhere...Abuses like:
"So na today u remember say u be African? Smh!."
"End time things"...
"You miss road?"..
"Ancestral trace ko,culture ni"
Nairalanders sef,i doff cap 4 una!!
grin grin true jooR
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2013
CFCfan:
You mean Tonto Dikeh?
No, not that one. . . I haven't seen the actress on TV for some time now though.

#TeamGOM
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2013
@Philfearon she won't understand what you wrote grin

#TeamGOM
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2013
I saw your picture and you look very Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: African Woman Living In American by indomitable234: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2013
[b][/b] I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian!

Is it possible to use a dna test to knw ur country of origin

1 Like

Re: African Woman Living In American by Moukafoam(f): 8:38am On Oct 24, 2013
Truth be told, to me she actually look like a Yoruba babe from Lome Togo wink

Welcome to Nairaland; the Land of the bad, the good and the ugly grin
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 24, 2013
indomitable234: [b][/b] I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian!

It will tell you your tribe and country of origin.
Re: African Woman Living In American by Moukafoam(f): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2013
indomitable234: I will be doing a DNA test soon to find our what country I came from but I believe I am Nigerian!

Even to know the character of the dad or mom cool

DNA is our signature smiley
Re: African Woman Living In American by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Our culture is very rich and we still got hope for abetter Nigeria, for me anytime the metrapolis in my state gets so hard i just travel back to my home town and go join some cultural group to make atleast some Nairas grin
the nature we have in Nigeria is mind blowing, we are one of Africa's biggest country with natural resources and wild life. . . So Nigeria got goodies brah!

#TeamGOM cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! / Watch White Choir Sing Yoruba Carol. / Igwe Awka Etiti Akum1 Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.