Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,789 members, 7,798,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves (403 Views)

Saraki: Witness Tenders Implicating GTB Documents Against Him / The Truth About Video Implicating Mama Taraba / Dasuki Denies Implicating Anyone In Arms Procurement Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2013
I've rummaged over and over again on the vulagar title(sort of) which some Nigerians know us with 'Chest beaters', and i'm beginning to think they may be right afterall, but before you all nail me to a cross, permit me to table some rather disturbing facts!
We(Igbos) most times implicate ourselves with the things we say, i'll give you some scenarios
1, ''We control Nigeria's Economy'',; this line is as annoying as it is untrue, Yes, we do have the largest community of successful businessmen no doubts about that, but how many of our people are on the forbes list? I just cant imagine what would have been the case if Dangote was an Igboman, Nigerians would have gone deaf with 'Dangote(our son) controls 60% of Nigeria's GDP' and so on.
Before i deviate from the topic, i'd like to get to the point.
1,we(Igbos) are the ones that put stella oduah in the tight position she is today, and i'll give you reasons for; 1st of all, the ministry of aviation is rehabilitating 22 Airports in Total, out of Which the SE has only two on the list(Enugu and Owerri), other parts of the country have 20 to themselves, MMIA has been rehabilitated yet we dont see Yorubas flooding the internet with 'Pictures of the remodelled Lagos int'l airport' (more often than not we do it on their behalf) same as benin,yola,kaduna,kano,jos,calabar,portharcout e.t.c yet we dont see residents or indigenes of these places flooding the internet with pics of these airports, but the moment the train landed in Enugu, the Media was agog with how 'our aviation minister' built a 'jaw dropping' edifice in Enugu, i've lost count of how many threads have been created here on NL even recently by'ujoinme' to showcase 'Enugu Airport', some even went as far as accusing a part of Nigeria for underdeveloping the Airport simply because it is in 'Igboland', well now no thanks to your ''Chest beating'' the minister is about to go under the hammer for that one singular act( under the pretext of embezzlement).
I was shocked when i read online sometime ago that the North controlled 83% of Nigeria's oil wells for more than a decade and nobody knew anything about it, but if it was 'We' controlling it, would we be able to keep mum on the matter? Ofcourse not, the media would be awash with ' We control Nigeria's source of revenue(oil) and thus can shut this country down anytime we deem fit). Even prof Achebe of blessed memory frowned against this attitude of his kinsmen which seems to be creeping into the mentality of the younger generation.
To God be the glory under jonathan we've been having it fair, having the highest allocations of Ministers than any other region and equally occupying sensitive positions like the military, but will our 'chest beating' allow us lie low and enjoy the game while it lasts? Or will we continue down this part of self destruction? Madam Uzoma of Immigration was 1st, then barth nnaji, then recently odimegwu from NPC... Who's next? When will we realise we're the ones shooting ourselves in the foot?
Re: We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2013
NB: i have a really hard time condoning insults, if you have nothing to say, just diss!
Re: We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves by Indiegoh: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2013
I'm busy nw. I will be back op
Re: We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves by Aromas: 8:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: NB: i have a really hard time condoning insults, if you have nothing to say, just diss!

Talo'n ba soro bayi?
Re: We Are The Ones Implicating Ourselves by ochukoccna: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2013
@ op, thank you for bringing up this discourse
What particularly struck me was this
Madam Uzoma of Immigration was 1st, then barth nnaji, then recently odimegwu from NPC... Who's next? When will we realise we're the ones shooting ourselves in the foot?
seeing on NL of late, we've been regaled with tales of how the Ijaw/Igbo alliance is going to rescue Nigeria from Hausa/Fulani wrought desolation and all sorts of bunkum yet why is it mainly the Igbos and those aligned with them who have been sacked for financial impropriety alongside lack of diplomacy and tact? undecided undecided
Hmnn! wink wink

(1) (Reply)

National Dialogue: APC Is Free To Boycott - PDP / We Don’t Have Documents On Purchase Of 2 Armoured Cars – NCAA / Motorcyclists Dare Lagos State Government, Fly High On Restricted Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.