Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:33 PM

White Is The New Favourite Car Colour - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / White Is The New Favourite Car Colour (14178 Views)

What Colour Change Would Best Fit My Camry 2007 / Best Colour To Go For In A Car!!! / What Colour Would You Prefer Your Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon To Come In? [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by BizBooks(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2013
After more than a decade as the world's favorite car color, silver is falling in popularity
to white. PPG Industries, the leading supplier of automotive paints, says 25 percent of
the vehicles it supplied in the 2013 model year were white, up 3 percent from the prior
year. Silver and black tied for second, with 18 percent each.

White dominates in Europe, North America and Asia. Only in South America is silver still king.

In the course of shipping cars to Nigeria, all the clients I dealt with had one thing in common.
They all say "You can get any colour as long as it is not white". So this will never happen in
Nigeria.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/white-replaces-silver-worlds-favourite-car-colour-dark-033657830.html

2 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Gee2728(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
BizBooks:

In the course of shipping cars to Nigeria, all the clients I dealt with had one thing in common.
They all say "You can get any colour as long as it is not white". So this will never happen in
Nigeria.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/white-replaces-silver-worlds-favourite-car-colour-dark-033657830.html
The white trend is fast catching up in Naija.
If I will own a white car it definitely will be a coupe and not an everyday car.

My friend just bought a 2008 accord in white color, it looks neat and even more expensive than he paid.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by stelaar(m): 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
And the Nigerian ideology is that white cars are cheaper lol. Pearl Black still stands as the best automobile color in my opinion
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by BizBooks(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
In the past, I have tried to find out why Nigerians hate white so much and here
are the answers I got:

1. White cars are used by people in Secret Societies (I don't know what to say)
2. White cars easily get dirty due to dusty and muddy Nigerian roads

The second explanation sounds more plausible.

@Stelaar,

You are right. Some Nigerians believe white cars are cheaper. Not so.

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by chucky234(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2013
I love metalic red,silver and metalic gold.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by devigblegble: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Kilo kan mi mtcheeew
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Sllowppoisoon: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
White has always bin ma favourite colour,,cars isn't an exception #teamWhite FRESH AIR TINZ grin
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Sllowppoisoon: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
devigblegble: Kilo kan mi mtcheeew

Your username is ur problem,, work on it first

8 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by stephano100(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
k
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Reski2500(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
see wat etisalat caus now.
I lost d race 4 5th to comment
angry.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Lilimax(f): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
I said it !.
I argued with my hubby over this issue recently.
People are beginning to like white cars undecided
The world is indeed revolving smiley
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
I hardly see white cars in Nigeria!
Besides I can't imagine myself buying a white car!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
people just dont buy white cars, we had to rename a car to black before we cud get it off
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by yuzedo: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
I loveeeeeeee white cars!! You go to Dubai, 80% of the cars white and all you can say in undiluted awe is Allahu Akbar!

A white car is the truth.. the business! Choi! kiss

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by xclusive43(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Reski2500: see wat etisalat caus now.
I lost d race 4 5th to comment
angry.
grin
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by YoshiMaster: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
I have a dream...

Of a road where white colored cars would not be looked upon as being the favorites, where every car of every color, be they white, black, brown, or silver, would get to park in the same parking lot.

5 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by simdam500(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
devigblegble: Kilo kan mi mtcheeew

kilo kan e dey carry leg waka like fowl grin
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Lilimax(f): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
homesteady: I hardly see white cars in Nigeria!
White cars are finding its way to the country enmass.
Just watch out...
Change is contant...

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Creamychic(f): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
simdam500:

kilo kan e dey carry leg waka like fowl grin
LOL...You harsh o!
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Reski2500(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax: I said it smiley.
homesteady: I hardly see white cars in Nigeria!
Lilimax: I said it smiley.
so? :/ d world have been revolvin before ur greatest grandest ma waz born
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by alaladakosta(f): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
burgundy my fav car colour.
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Lilimax(f): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Reski2500: so? :/ d world have been revolvin before ur greatest grandest ma waz born

Why must you quote me to make such crappy comment angry?

2 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Okijajuju1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
All White errting my Nigga... grin

All my future cars will only come in 2 colors;

Candy White
&
Light Grey.

Reason: White cars emphasize the details of a car. The chrome shines better, the black details all stand out and when time for a rerouch of the paint job comes, its easy to find and replace..
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by 9jahubcom(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
stelaar: And the Nigerian ideology is that white cars are cheaper lol. Pearl Black still stands as the best automobile color in my opinion
hmmmm
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
Watching 4rm a corner
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax: White cars are finding its way to the country enmass.
Just watch out...
Change is contant...

I just realised that white cars are fine oh! shocked

1 Like

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by eaglechild: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
BizBooks:

Nigeria.

Most mass transit vehicles and pickup trucks come in white.
These are responsible for a lot of sales

2 Likes

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by Lilimax(f): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
homesteady:

[img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wallcg.com/images/2012/11/white-cars-electric-ford-focus-HD-Wallpapers.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wallcg.com/white-cars-electric-ford-focus-2-43685/&usg=__ZpqznEGPsyIAi8B826KRyzrYoUQ=&h=1200&w=1600&sz=242&hl=en&start=18&sig2=ZAd6lKgfhAYLbf7izp_Bfw&zoom=1&tbnid=JsiqoySG5_pOFM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&ei=oKJqUt_kJYeH4gS0ioHgCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bwhite%2Bcars%26start%3D10%26client%3Dms-opera-mini%26sa%3DN%26channel%3Dnew%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CDgQrQMwBzgK&ptbm=isch&q=pictures+of+white+cars[/img]

I just realised that white cars are fine oh! shocked
I still prefer mettalic grey over white.
Just that white is the current trend...
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Reski2500: so? :/ d world have been revolvin before ur greatest grandest ma waz born

Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by homesteady(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax:
I still prefer mettalic grey over white.
Just that white is the current trend...

I still prefer black cool
Re: White Is The New Favourite Car Colour by AbuMikey(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2013

Never knew,but now I know smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Cars Have High Speedometers When You Legally Can't Use Them? / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help / Free VIN Check -On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.