Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 (5193 Views)

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno / Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better? / Tecno F9 (phantom A2) Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by adeyemiolutoye(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
There was so much hype in and outside the market over the release of Samsung galaxy S4 device this year, not because the phone was close to being one of the best or because it was just another smart phone; the hype was necessary, after all it was a new phone. Both those that can and cannot afford it were so much anticipated to hear the news of the release that they never cared much if there can/ was an alternative to buying something similar to that phone.

No doubts, Samsung is a brand almost everyone will love to associate with, because of their long time existence and the trust they have built in us; but when taken for granted, trust can be misplaced. Experience and existence wise, Tecno is nowhere near Samsung but that is no determinant for a good and affordable product. I know a good brand when I see one and I know a better brand when I see one also irrespective of their duration in the market.

Apart from the price advantage Tecno Phantom A2 has over its counterpart, it is very similar in function, structure, design and so on. It is as if Samsung galaxy S4 is a prototype of Tecno Phantom A2. I have reviewed the features of both phones (if interested, you should too) and I came to a conclusion that it is a waste of money buying a Samsung galaxy S4 when a Tecno Phantom A2 is available with almost 95% the same features at a far cheaper price; and it seems Samsung is taking us for granted by hyping the price of their products so much.

It is as if we are being exploited here in Africa, this is the 21st century, smart phones are not what we think they used to be; they are just phones. Many will chase after this device and will later blame the government for their poor decision making skills. When it comes to things like this, an average Nigerian is quick to make judgment over the cheaper one terming it as fake without proper enquiry/researches.

You get to save over 60,000 Naira worth of cash if you purchase the Tecno device instead. The reason behind the demand of a particular good is best known to the buyer; your reason should be realistic though. With a Tecno Phantom A2 on the shelf, Samsung galaxy S4 is not worth that much even if it was made in space. Besides, you don’t need an economist to tell you it is economical to get a Tecno Phantom over a Samsung galaxy S4; if Tecno can make it affordable, Samsung can make it affordable. *No Beefs*

NT: Our differences affects our choices. People buy the same phones for different purpose and with different reasons... For instance, if I was after the Camera feature, I will rather get a Samsung over a Tecno.

PS: Nice and hilarious comments so far. ROFTLMAO

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by physise(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
abeg go sit down joor..mods close dis thread

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by physise(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
abeg go sit down joor octacore vs quadcore with cortex a7 lol 2gb ram vs 1gb ram lol 32gb vs 4gb (1gb usable) storagelol wetin dat one wan reach me do full hd vs hd resolution ..mods close dis thread

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by lilmax(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
physise: abeg go sit down joor..mods close dis thread
seconded
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Valto(m): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op, so u want to compare kia sportage suv with 2013 range rover sports suv... Smh.. I use an S4 and its premium cheesy cool

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by wman(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
O.p This is silly
Did they teach you to argue without facts?
Are those buying the S4 complaining?
Why not say First class is a waste of money and everyone should fly Economy class?
No one should build a duplex and everyone should build a bungalow.

May God deliver you from Poverty.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by alkanes1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Just say u want to be insulted and i will understand.Some of the best smartphones in the world can't compare with s4 not to talk of phantom a2

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by krugar07(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
wman: O.p This is silly
Did they teach you to argue without facts?
Are those buying the S4 complaining?
Why not say First class is a waste of money and everyone should fly Economy class?
No one should build a duplex and everyone should build a bungalow.

May God deliver you from Poverty.
he has money for coke but WTF it can buy 6 pure water .... no need

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Defaramade(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Another useless thread, na people like u dey make guys dey yab tecno users, why cant you enjoy ur phantom a2 & let s4 users enjoy dia s4 afterall no manufacturer is forcing anybody to buy dia products. @op u need to grow up & stop being childish with ur useless comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by yomanovic: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
OP makes a bit of sense. The problem with Nigerians is that we place luxury above necessity. If the two can offer the same functions perfectly well without any hassles, it makes sense to go for the cheaper one. Besides, does your father land, Nigeria produce of these items? No. Yet na we wan flash the most expensive things instead of the most fundamental. We are very few that think along this line though. You can yab however.я

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by yomanovic: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Defaramade: Another useless thread, na people like u dey make guys dey yab tecno users, why cant you enjoy ur phantom a2 & let s4 users enjoy dia s4 afterall no manufacturer is forcing anybody to buy dia products. @op u need to grow up & stop being childis
h with ur useless comparison.

Its an educated comparism. There are no similar things that wont draw comparism. The fact that you dont need it does not mean others dont need it. It will definitely help others to decide. Besides, Nigeria does not and cant produce even a product worse than tecno.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by emekaD3(m): 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
I have 2 yrs warranty on my s4
50gb of dropbox
I run every game
My screen will be replaced 2 times for free even if I intentionally smash it.
1080p display
Samsung is a premium brand
High resale value
Will outlast the techno

Bro. If u get money spend it well

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
yomanovic:

Its an educated comparism. There are no similar things that wont draw comparism. The fact that you dont need it does not mean others dont need it. It will definitely help others to decide. Besides, Nigeria does not and cant produce even a product worse than tecno.
there is no single education on dis comparison.. this is simply MADNESS ..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by 2NDACCT(f): 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ooh..... U just made me sick
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by rman: 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
@OP

Rubbish!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
physise: abeg go sit down joor..mods close dis thread
oga has spoken

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nkemtreasure: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
krugar07: he has money for coke but WTF it can buy 6 pure water .... no need
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Laugh wan kill me die......
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Osirawboy: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
The hight of stupidity....Comparing Samsung Galaxy S4 to tecno with sub-par build quality and material...you probably have never heard of gorilla glass....

S4 has a full HD 1080p superAmoled display - tecno just a cheap hd display (not even upto 250ppi).....A very advanced intelligent person knows that display clarity matters,especially for person like me who do research on wikipedia more than fours daily...do you even knw that viewing some on a terrible display can ruin you eyes(this guy go prefer sharp 15" to sony bravia tv or look at it as waste of money and don't even think about the value)

S4 come in quad core/octa core variants WHILE tecno just a cheap qaud core that would begin to lag after about 3 Months use.

s4 come in 16/32/64 gb varaints with more than half access WHILE tecno not even upto quarter is accessable

S4 you get awesome bulid quality,good battery,1080p camera,wireless charging, and tons of software features..
Bro don't be ignorant,you get good quality for your money.it's only logical.Don't go with the average nigerian mentality that cheap are better than expensive. ."Even the chinese Who make Tecno don't sell it to their own people becuase they knw value of good product and sub-par...

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Osirawboy: The hight of stupidity....Comparing Samsung Galaxy S4 to tecno with sub-par build quality and material...you probably have never heard of gorilla glass....

S4 has a full HD 1080p superAmoled display - tecno just a cheap hd display (not even upto 250ppi).....A very advanced intelligent person knows that display clarity matters,especially for person like me who do research on wikipedia more than fours daily...do you even knw that viewing some on a terrible display can ruin you eyes(this guy go prefer sharp 15" to sony bravia tv or look at it as waste of money and don't even think about the value)

S4 come in quad core/octa core variants WHILE tecno just a cheap qaud core that would begin to lag after about 3 Months use.

s4 come in 16/32/64 gb varaints with more than half access WHILE tecno not even upto quarter is accessable

S4 you get awesome bulid quality,good battery,1080p camera,wireless charging, and tons of software features..
Bro don't be ignorant,you get good quality for your money.it's only logical.Don't go with the average nigerian mentality that cheap are better than expensive. ."Even the chinese Who make Tecno don't sell it to their own people becuase they knw value of good product and sub-par...

u get time..
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by VictorTobore(m): 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2013
adeyemi olutoye:
There was so much hype in and outside the market over the release of Samsung galaxy S4 device this year, not because the phone was close to being one of the best or because it was just another smart phone; the hype was necessary, after all it was a new phone. Both those that can and cannot afford it were so much anticipated to hear the news of the release that they never cared much if there can/ was an alternative to buying something similar to that phone.

No doubts, Samsung is a brand almost everyone will love to associate with, because of their long time existence and the trust they have built in us; but when taken for granted, trust can be misplaced. Experience and existence wise, Tecno is nowhere near Samsung but that is no determinant for a good and affordable product. I know a good brand when I see one and I know a better brand when I see one also irrespective of their duration in the market.

Apart from the price advantage Tecno Phantom A2 has over its counterpart, it is very similar in function, structure, design and so on. It is as if Samsung galaxy S4 is a prototype of Tecno Phantom A2. I have reviewed the features of both phones (if interested, you should too) and I came to a conclusion that it is a waste of money buying a Samsung galaxy S4 when a Tecno Phantom A2 is available with almost 95% the same features at a far cheaper price; and it seems Samsung is taking us for granted by hyping the price of their products so much.

It is as if we are being exploited here in Africa, this is the 21st century, smart phones are not what we think they used to be; they are just phones. Many will chase after this device and will later blame the government for their poor decision making skills. When it comes to things like this, an average Nigerian is quick to make judgment over the cheaper one terming it as fake without proper enquiry/researches.

You get to save over 60,000 Naira worth of cash if you purchase the Tecno device instead. The reason behind the demand of a particular good is best known to the buyer; your reason should be realistic though. With a Tecno Phantom A2 on the shelf, Samsung galaxy S4 is not worth that much even if it was made in space. Besides, you don’t need an economist to tell you it is economical to get a Tecno Phantom over a Samsung galaxy S4; if Tecno can make it affordable, Samsung can make it affordable. *No Beefs*

Guy either stroke hold your bank account or u dey blind to see say techno and Samsung no be mate 4 anything.Na techno and gionee u suppose dey compare because no matter hw gud a guy standing nxt to me techno is,e dey mellow down if I bring my galaxy note 2 come out not to talk of S4.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by eyamensah(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2013
This is absolute madness... for u to say d tecno A2 has 95% features of wat d galaxy s4 has is very very insulting...pls do ur findings again very well before u mislead others in here coz d tecno fone u are talkin abt doesn't even have 2% of wat d S4 has apart from d fact dat they share a similar android OS...pls get acquainted wid features like smart stay,smart scroll,smart pause,air view,air gesture,multi window,screen mirroring,group play,optical reader,handwriting recognition,simultaneous dual camera mode etc b4 u say wat u don't know

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by networkgenuis: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2013
adeyemi olutoye: [s]

You get to save over 60,000 Naira worth of cash if you purchase the Tecno device instead. The reason behind the demand of a particular good is best known to the buyer; your reason should be realistic though. With a Tecno Phantom A2 on the shelf, Samsung galaxy S4 is not worth that much even if it was made in space. Besides, you don’t need an economist to tell you it is economical to get a Tecno Phantom over a Samsung galaxy S4; if Tecno can make it affordable, Samsung can make it affordable.[/s] *No Beefs*

Op bro, yes I agree there's no beef but how much were you paid to write that thing up there^^^?

Apart from a meditated attempt to hoodwink the gullible minds, I don't know of any other reason a seemingly educated person can post such an uninformed wirte up.
I'm quite satisfied with the koboko other NLders wiped your asss tongue

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Defaramade(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
deejay_harry1: u get time..
Lolz
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by Greg007(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2013
Pls has any body bought tecno A2 here becus i can't find a place to buy it in warri

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by lordZOUGA(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
physise: abeg go sit down joor octacore vs quadcore with cortex a7 lol 2gb ram vs 1gb ram lol 32gb vs 4gb (1gb usable) storagelol wetin dat one wan reach me do full hd vs hd resolution ..mods close dis thread
S4 is not octacore at least not all of them
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by luluosas(m): 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
yomanovic: OP makes a bit of sense. The problem with Nigerians is that we place luxury above necessity. If the two can offer the same functions perfectly well without any hassles, it makes sense to go for the cheaper one. Besides, does your father land, Nigeria produce of these items? No. Yet na we wan flash the most expensive things instead of the most fundamental. We are very few that think along this line though. You can yab however.я
I am very sure that as I am typing this comment now, you don't have a single Aba made shoes in your wardrobe but, all your shoes are Italian brands.
So, what are you talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by kennyslim1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
@OP, no offenses intended....it's just sheer stupidity that made you write this rubbish up here....S4 ranks among the best 5smartphones in the world while techno can't even reach top 5 "low end china phones" ....go to Ebay and see better "low end china phones" out there...this techno no even better GIONEE E6, talk more of S4

If you were paid to praise the A2 over the S4, please don't go near the features, because even a layman knows the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by caukerzee(m): 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is clearly porverty speaking. First of all, the only ting similar about the A2 and the S4 is the fact that the run on the same OS and it ends at that.

This is what to expect when some poor kid who buys phones only to play games speaks.

Spitting out sentiments about price and not one single tech stat to prove your point.
The S4 is superior to the A2 in every department. It'S an insult to even put them in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by luluosas(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
OP, I am sure you were in dream when you spewed out this garbage. For your information, Techno, the producer of Techno phones can't even go near this empty reasoning of yours. Grow up jor.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by psalmdave(m): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2013
emeka.D.:
I have 2 yrs warranty on my s4
50gb of dropbox
I run every game
My screen will be replaced 2 times for free even if I intentionally smash it.
1080p display
Samsung is a premium brand
High resale value
Will outlast the techno

Bro. If u get money spend it well
how much did u get it
Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by WackyJ1(m): 12:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Lol. The comments mehn. They cracked me up. Abeg Mods put this one for front page
1. Let more comments come
2. For the stupidity of all technofanboys to be revealed

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Tecno Phantom A2 Over A Samsung Galaxy S4 by olaremint(m): 2:15am On Nov 03, 2013
simple facts, a year ago, bold 5 etc was the thing for bb users, iphone, S 2 and S 3 was for android, this time next year, it might even be shameful to have S 4 or Phantom, stop investing in technology that is always evolving, buy reasonble gadgets.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Longest Time You've Spent On A Phone Call? / Need A Strong Android Phone From 10k And Below... / Airtel Bis Now N1000 For 3gb On Only Bb Device And N1500 For 3gb On All Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.