Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas (16309 Views)

Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? / 17 Signs Of Falling In Love/Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
is it possible to fall in love with some you met online (never met in person) and who is overseas?
what are the possiblities of it working out

if happened to you, how did u go about it?
or do you just turn it down and it doesnt go any further
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
You can be very interested but I doubt you can be in love.
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2008
steve49ja:

is it possible to fall in love with some you met online (never met in person) and who is overseas?
I do not believe in online dating. it does work for some people though. my friend met someone online the person is base in london and she is here in Australia and there relationship is working perfectly
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2008
i do hear about people who there's work out
just curious

@ rokiatu
have your friend ever met with the other person??

@topic
will faithfullness be found in their dictionary?

i met this girl online
of recent she call about an hr 45mins
i call in the morning and before bed time
she says she'll be coming over exactly a year from now
i do like this girl so much she is the wallpaper on my phone and laptop
is it mere obsession and i need to work on myself or is love at first sight real?
am so jealous when she sends posts and dont mail me immediately i mail her
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2008
i liked her right from when i saw her pic andthats what i meant by love at first sight here
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
steve49ja:

@ rokiatu
have your friend ever met with the other person??
They have not meet yet but she say he plan to come here soon
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Moyola(f): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
Yer,,,,,,,,,,,,,it happenz,
buh i doubt if such lasts long, some do tho,,,,,
knw of sum peepz, n the relationship is kinda working out,,,,,,

steve49ja:

i liked her right from when i saw her pic andthats what i meant by love at first sight here
what if u meet her in person n u end up not liking her as much?,,,,,,,,,,,,,it happenz u knw

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ rokiatu

how long have they been together?
just wondering, whats the possiblity of such when you live in different countries

or its just not a good idea??

@moyola
thanks for checking this out and talking on it

yep i know it does happen, even vice versa
she does send me photos each day
though i havent received any today

dunno what to think

no one is talking about fidelity/faithfulness undecided
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by iice(f): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Goodluck! Hah i don't think so sha.

Busta where you dey oooo grin grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hmm, oga, there is no such thing as 'love at first sight' trust me, relationships like this rarely work, basic friendship is better, don't put your heart into this too much, so gbo? smiley
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2008
steve49ja:

@ rokiatu

how long have they been together?
just wondering, whats the possiblity of such when you live in different countries
or its just not a good idea??

they have been together for two years now yes two years and my friend does not have any boyfriend here, as for he I do not know if he have any but my friend trust he very much. long distant relationship need to be base on true love, because Long distance relationships are hard and require trust and honesty as for you and your lady love, I will say give the relationship a try and see if she really is the one. because if u really love some one then you will wait for them.the relationship can definitely work as long as both you are determined to make it work. I can unserstand what going through ur head, but it better to give it a try and see for urself.
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by CARUSO(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Poster

Longtin!!

Leave it!!! wink
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2008
@caruso
you sabi jare

@ibk
wetin u find reach here?
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by lonelypal(m): 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ poster

Well its has happened to me too, as a matter of fact still happening though,but i had to back out cos i dnt beleive its ever gonna work out, i mean someone outthere allthe way in Germany, can only do it if i be WIZARD grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
my guy thats the fact ohh
but really its a reality youll find hard to accept

hope thats not why you are named lonelypal
if na im i can give you my grand ma
she de naija ohh
if you go shag am too much you go pay medical bills oh
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2008
;d
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by spikedcylinder: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2008
The topic says can you FALL IN LOVE WITH someone you met online. Of course!!! It doesnt neccessarily have to lead to marraige or the whole "till death do us part" thing but you can definately build a beautiful relationship from that.
Caruso, oya na! cheesy cheesy
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
mmmm
a beautiful relationship??
without seeing each other
how possible is that??
are you cool with mere calls and mails?
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by demo47: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2008
personally, i only date locally, if a female is out of town i am not getting involved talk less of over-seas, but it can work, I have seen it work a few times,
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2008
steve49ja:

mmmm
how possible is that??
it seems like u doubt it, my dear do what u think is better cause long distant relationship is not easy
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by lucabrasi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2008
its a global world and the world has moved on from just meeting men/women in bars,parties or through friends, it works and its got more advantage because you r both going into it with specifics on what each person wants out of the wholething and the kind of people without the awkward dates/questions e.t.c

i know a guy that it worked out for,he s my elder brother's friend and he met a nigerian girl online living in the united states while he was living in london,they met up in nigeria after a couple of months and hit it off,they continued over the phone untill the guy got a visa to the states and  stayed with her while there,apart from a few arguments which they sorted out according to him they went back to nigeria together and got married and the girl returned to the states briefly to sort out her final move to nigeria while the guy searched for a job,he has a good job now and the girl is living with him in nigeria now,last i heard they dont have kids yet
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by spikedcylinder: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2008
steve49ja:

mmmm
how possible is that??

Yea, a beautiful relationship. I say this assuming that you and your internet friend would subsequently meet and become friends and see how it goes from there.
Or, wait a minute, were u asking for the whole love thing to develop without EVER meeting? you go old o!
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by Gamine(f): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
Im overseas, come and fall in love ooh!
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
Where is overseas sef? Kazach? wink grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by manchibabe: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2008
there is a possiblity of falling in love with someone,,,but there is no guarantee that the love will last forever to lead to something tangible, 50/50 chance
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by manchibabe: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ spykecylinder
maybe cotonou or seme grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by CARUSO(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

The topic says can you FALL IN LOVE WITH someone you met online. Of course!!! It doesnt neccessarily have to lead to marraige or the whole "till death do us part" thing but you can definately build a beautiful relationship from that.
Caruso, oya na! cheesy cheesy

kai aunty una don dey love up already?

Ok, where make we start?!

should i sing u a love song?! grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by steve49ja(m): 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
ofcourse she says she gon come this time next year
e far ja re
so much investment(calls,text and mails) go on this men
good thing is e say e go keep intouch till e reach here next year

what if she finds love where she is, she decide to stay away?

@gamine

hahahahahaha
hope youre not 70 and above
and hope youre not a feminine obasanjo
and hope its not ghana,iraq,ceme or cotonou
grin
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by rubi(f): 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Topic I personally will not encourage you to develop too much interest in someone who you found on line because excitement on line is different from when you meet the person if you want you can just relate with the person as normal Gods creature, until you meet the person face to face because eye contact never lie
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by spikedcylinder: 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2008
CARUSO:

kai aunty una don dey love up already?

Ok, where make we start?!

should i sing u a love song?! grin

Ehen na. . .see my love face >> grin.
But seeing as you have no pic in your profile. . . I no do again! angry
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by CARUSO(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Ehen nasee my love face >> grin.

grin
u go do by force u neva halla!
u wan make i put my picture for NL?
pictures are delivered privately, too fly for the public! grin
u know wat it is!!!! wink
Re: Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas by whitelexi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Ehen nasee my love face >> grin.

Just thought u should know, I've been following your posts. I'll add u to my yahoo messenger when i get home from work today and if you're online - i will chat with u. Then i will ask for your number and call u, there are a few things i need to tell u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Female Boss Told Me To Strip Unclad In Front Of Her / How Do You End An 8 Years Old Relationship? / If You Are To Marry A Nairalander, Who Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.