Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 (21824 Views)

[VIDEO] Akon Reveals Wanting To Sign Brymo To Konvict Music / ALBUM: Brymo - Tabula Rasa (the Gift) Full Album Download / Fire In Chocolate City: M.i Scared Of Ice Prince Taking D Spotlight From Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Polio: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jordanmusa: yeah to continue slaving!
Moro...n ... I dont reason the way you and your ilks do!
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Mannastoress: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Most Nigeria artist thing signing a contract and collecting big money ends there, they dont know you have to put in the work and all that, they think they can just ignore a contract
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by spade: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
god_of_music: He should continue with Chocolate City na undecided
Choc Boy is his brand and that's what we the fans know him for, but come to think of it. . . Why are these guys running out from Choc City What is wrong
#TeamGOM

Audu Maikori is my guy.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
Aromas:

U wey cum sabi sing did we lagosian knows you? Eranko

Omoshare this mumu na seriouse Eranko... Them need to slice him gbola comot for am to get sense...
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by buoye1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
sunnywhyt: Comment space reserved....BRB wanna wack my garri first
Add G nut and small salt to help complete your ministry
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by buoye1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
All na wash...
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by adino(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
paragwua: this is the reason why i am keeping calm even when i know that i am the best singer in this country...they just want to enslave person

hahahha hhohoho hohahahoho
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nuzo1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Just like Kelly Handsome and Wizkid....Brymo sure knew what he was signing when he accepted to be with the Choc boys. I have little or NO sympathy for him!

Signing a contract with a music Label comes with loads of goodies; house, car, publicity, development, training, sense of belonging, hype, salary, bonus, accruements, allowance, beautiful girls free sex and expensive wines. All these cost a lot of money!

And after spending multi-millions in branding these guys, they wake one morning and try to reap the labour of their financier and image makers by absconding. What a joke! grin

I don't blame them tho', they are humans...and just like an average human, its easy to forget how grateful and loyal we were during the selection process. Knowing full well that we weren't the best fit for the position.

Brymo just like Kelly and Wizkid...and even MayD blew up too fast. They and their advisers mistook their talent for their success. They forgot the relevance of the platform they've been standing on.

Contracts are subject to review, but not all contracts. Especially if the partaker are above 18 years, sane and have enjoyed most part of the gains that comes with the contract.

6 Likes

Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by psychologist(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
it’s all untrue.. Just a ploy to disrupt my release as usual..”------------dz part got mew rolling on d floor grin grin grin
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Uyi168: Is nt dat ezy bro.

Actually it is...

I work on contracts for a living. In a contract like what I imagine his own looks like, it might be possible to break it in a court of law depending on many factors including the competence of the parties to enter into contract and the understanding of the contract by the parties as at when they entered into the contract.

E.G: If you go into a village and draft a contract and make an old lady who can barely read and write nor speak and comprehend english properly sign a contract with you regarding a service, that contract is only binding for as long as she is willing to stay under it. Should she decide at any time to contest it (prolly after getting wiser about the terms of the contract), a court would void that contract because she wasnt competent to have entered into that contract in the first place.

I helped a D.J friend of mine vet a contract that he was about to enter into with an entertainment outfit. After reading through the contract, I took my time to explain line by line what I thought it meant and advised him not to enter into that contract until he sees a lawyer that can properly explain the contract to him. 'He said he couldnt afford a lawyer', I told him that he should inform the company about this problem as they are also required under the law to make sure that he fully understands the contracts terms and conditions before entering into it.

In order to rescind a contract, a judge must determine that there is a valid basis to cancel the contract. A contract creates a legal duty to act for both parties, and contracts cannot be rescinded simply because the parties have changed their mind.

Contract rescission is available under the following circumstances:

■Consent: Both parties must manifest their intent to have the contract rescinded. It is best if they indicate their consent through an additional written document
■Issues with contract formation: The contract must be made under legal conditions, and consent cannot be acquired by force or fraud. If the contract was formed under illegal conditions, it may be rescinded. Common formation defects include:
■Fraud: The false representation may related either to the contract’s subject matter or to matters related to the contract
Lack of capacity: one of the parties lacks to the capacity to negotiate an agreement due to illness, mental incompetence, intoxication, or being underage (under 18 years old)
■Coercion/Duress/Undue Influence: A party cannot be forced to sign a contract under threats of harm or under hostile conditions
Mistake: Both parties must clearly understand all the terms in the contract
■One party’s actions indicate that they will not be performing their part of the bargain (“anticipatory repudiation”)
■Consideration has failed, is inadequate, or is illegal
■Against public interest: A contract may be rescinded if performing it would be against the general consent of the public (for example, a contract requiring one of the parties to be subjected to indentured servitude)

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/contract-rescission-lawyers.html

So if Brymo can prove to a judge beyond reasonable doubt that he didnt fully understand the trems and conditions of his contract as at when he signed it, the judge is obligated under the law to void such contract.. AND in some cases, award damages to the 'victim' party where undue exploitation has taken place during the period the voided contract was in place. And if it can be proven that this error was delibrate by one party, criminal charges can also be brought against that party and punitive damages awarded to the victim..
Any Lawyer in the house can elaborate... This is just my Street Lawyer understanding talking here.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Lilchilz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Swiftboy: Th angryats my problem with record labels...they always take advantage of tallented minds! 22 million Naira clause thats way too much! They always want to kill,boil and fry the egg-laying fowl! No Artiste will leave his/her record label if they're well taken care off! Why's it always like this? If we recall, Wizzkid had this same contract issue! Do your artiste well such that they'll want their contract to be renewed even if its exulsted!
what is dis one saying??
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Am confused here undecided why didn't they serve him the injunction when he left the record label? He(brymo) and choc city both confirmed his exit. He should get a good lawyer
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Adex099(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
That's what you get when you sign a contract with a hungry stomach....brymo probably didn't study the terms and conditions well or overlooked some pivotal terms...poor brymo.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by creativemusic: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
uuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nokio1: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Audu buyam por u champagne - u drink am ko, audu take am por u go BBC1 sitidio por landan - u fallaw am ko audu make am por u pamous wiz arambe ti mo fe ra ko. Now u wan do am shege ko, now audu tak hin kwaboko flog u 22million bulala ko. Kai aboki sarry for mysef walahi!

3 Likes

Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by adconline(m): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Choi!!!! shocked shocked

He should go to court for the Judge to review his contract.. angry

All contracts are subject to the Laws of Nigeria and if the Law feels his contract makes him a 'slave', then they can declare the contract null & void... angry
Void contract: inability to consent eg mental retardation or being a minor
Voidable contract: if either of of the parties fails to carry out their own part of the bargain. Tough luck proving to judge that you work as a slave when ur employer does not violate labor laws as they relate to wages and minimum wage.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Sike(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Na wa O!
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by owotonbinu(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
oya shey b he make mouth say hin get ara ....oya brymo time to shw ursef
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Okijajuju1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
adconline:
Void contract: inability to consent eg mental retardation or being a minor
Voidable contract: if either of of the parties fails to carry out their own part of the bargain. Tough luck proving to judge that you work as a slave when ur employer does not violate labor laws as they relate to wages and minimum wage.

Refer to my comment above...

Its better explained there.. Some contracts can be voided.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by smacby(f): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Seeing is believing.

Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Eillyeillz(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
22 million buy out clause?which wing him dey play and how many goals him dey score a season??dat money 2much sef him na overated player...

1 Like

Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by adconline(m): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Refer to my comment above...

Its better explained there.. Some contracts can be voided.
Read ur moment! I think he might have a better chance proving insanity/inability to consent than proving a voidable contract in Naija
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Smartlife(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Eeyah. I think this will teach me a lesson now I want to go fully into music after school. its hard to overcome a mouth watering record deal and I think if it was easy, may d, wande coal, ice prince n d rest wud have made it on their own on the initial stage knowing that they have talent.

the truth is that promoting yourself when there is no money is not easy. the deal makes you rise very fast and bring in shows but most of this deals are very dangerous. I think for a start, the best music deal so far is having your label first and make it known on your music delivery and if you see a record company is interested in you, try to convince them on a joint contract and make sure the terms will be favourable. if they see the talent that you can sell, they will definitely fit in. example dbanj dkm/Sony.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by brosdoncome(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
So who will help this son of a carpenter now Abeg who get Festus Kiyamo contact so as him go fit prove beyond reasonable doubt say Audu Maikori use jazz on am when him been sign d contract abeg?
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Celepope: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Actually it is...

I work on contracts for a living. In a contract like what I imagine his own looks like, it might be possible to break it in a court of law depending on many factors including the competence of the parties to enter into contract and the understanding of the contract by the parties as at when they entered into the contract.

E.G: If you go into a village and draft a contract and make an old lady who can barely read and write nor speak and comprehend english properly sign a contract with you regarding a service, that contract is only binding for as long as she is willing to stay under it. Should she decide at any time to contest it (prolly after getting wiser about the terms of the contract), a court would void that contract because she wasnt competent to have entered into that contract in the first place.

I helped a D.J friend of mine vet a contract that he was about to enter into with an entertainment outfit. After reading through the contract, I took my time to explain line by line what I thought it meant and advised him not to enter into that contract until he sees a lawyer that can properly explain the contract to him. 'He said he couldnt afford a lawyer', I told him that he should inform the company about this problem as they are also required under the law to make sure that he fully understands the contracts terms and conditions before entering into it.

In order to rescind a contract, a judge must determine that there is a valid basis to cancel the contract. A contract creates a legal duty to act for both parties, and contracts cannot be rescinded simply because the parties have changed their mind.

Contract rescission is available under the following circumstances:

■Consent: Both parties must manifest their intent to have the contract rescinded. It is best if they indicate their consent through an additional written document
■Issues with contract formation: The contract must be made under legal conditions, and consent cannot be acquired by force or fraud. If the contract was formed under illegal conditions, it may be rescinded. Common formation defects include:
■Fraud: The false representation may related either to the contract’s subject matter or to matters related to the contract
Lack of capacity: one of the parties lacks to the capacity to negotiate an agreement due to illness, mental incompetence, intoxication, or being underage (under 18 years old)
■Coercion/Duress/Undue Influence: A party cannot be forced to sign a contract under threats of harm or under hostile conditions
Mistake: Both parties must clearly understand all the terms in the contract
■One party’s actions indicate that they will not be performing their part of the bargain (“anticipatory repudiation”)
■Consideration has failed, is inadequate, or is illegal
■Against public interest: A contract may be rescinded if performing it would be against the general consent of the public (for example, a contract requiring one of the parties to be subjected to indentured servitude)

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/contract-rescission-lawyers.html

So if Brymo can prove to a judge beyond reasonable doubt that he didnt fully understand the trems and conditions of his contract as at when he signed it, the judge is obligated under the law to void such contract.. AND in some cases, award damages to the 'victim' party where undue exploitation has taken place during the period the voided contract was in place. And if it can be proven that this error was delibrate by one party, criminal charges can also be brought against that party and punitive damages awarded to the victim..
Any Lawyer in the house can elaborate... This is just my Street Lawyer understanding talking here.
Your comment seem as if you knew the terms of the contract.Why use the analogy of an old woman in the village who is ignorant and later gets knowledge of a deal she signed in the past to buttress your point?It doesn't make any sense.If your assertion is anything to go by everybody that signs a contract and discovers after a level of success that the contract doesn't favour them will also jettison their contract.Brymo when signing the contract was with a sound mind perhaps with his personal Lawyer on the day he signed the deal.The only way the contract can be terminated is if Chocolate City defaulted in just one of his terms of the contract.The dude should go finish his contract or buy it out.When he was enjoying the Car,House,women,tours in various parts of the world and other allowances associated with the contract nobody heard him cry but now he wants to cry me a river.
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by UjSizzle(f): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Slavery undecided
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by shegzi(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Brymo my guy it will soon be over enjoying your music die
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
paragwua: this is the reason why i am keeping calm even when i know that i am the best singer in this country...they just want to enslave person
u don take ur medicine today?
Re: Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Smartlife: Eeyah. I think this will teach me a lesson now I want to go fully into music after school. its hard to overcome a mouth watering record deal and I think if it was easy, may d, wande coal, ice prince n d rest wud have made it on their own on the initial stage knowing that they have talent.

the truth is that promoting yourself when there is no money is not easy. the deal makes you rise very fast and bring in shows but most of this deals are very dangerous. I think for a start, the best music deal so far is having your label first and make it known on your music delivery and if you see a record company is interested in you, try to convince them on a joint contract and make sure the terms will be favourable. if they see the talent that you can sell, they will definitely fit in. example dbanj dkm/Sony.
on point!!!that's what many american artistes are doing today!!kanye west is also an example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Broda Shaggi And Nina Ivy In "Black Skin Boy" (Video) / DJ Humility Calls Out Upcoming Artistes, Says He Put Dbanj, Banky W On Spotlight / Download Mp3: DJ Ace – Bekezela Slow Jam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.