Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Andriod Tweaking Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Andriod Tweaking Thread (17148 Views)

Get Glo 6gb For Only 2k, No Tweaking / Who Else Received This From Glo? All Of U Tweaking Diarisgod! / Get Free 2GB On Airtel Without Tweaking Your IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
THIS THREAD IS FOR PEEPS THAT WOULD LIKE TO TWEAK THEIR ANDRIOD JELLY BEAN PHONE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT....

Have u ever wondered how some peeps here design and tweak their notification panel, change fonts and customize their phone....in this thread i wld b giving out d tools, guide and steps necessary to tweak your andriod phones...

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1378469_Screenshot_2013-10-25-12-56-13_png0e4006740012193cef7a983fd46f0666[/img]

In this thread, I'm presenting a framework which gives you the possibility to modify your ROM without modifying any APK

* why weaken ur power button and volume down key to take screenshots when u can easily tweak screenshot into ur notification panel

* why download torch app and start going a long way b4 u can switch on ur torch when u can tweak it into ur notification panel

* why waste time looking for phone recorder when u can easily LONG PRESS TO RECORD through d notification panel smiley

* do u know u can off SYNC to save ur datas with this tweak...waoh u must b feeling thats amazing

* with dis tweaking u can change ur build number and change ur ba3 colour, network colour, clock font and colours, e.t.c

FOLLOW THIS THREAD TO TWEAK YOUR PHONES, U GUYS CAN ALWAYS CONTRIBUTE HERE TOO...!

FIRST THING IS THAT UR PHONE MUST B ROOTED TO FOLLOW D GUIDES HERE....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Lildrizzle(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
M in
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by NONNYG: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
dis is making sense. I dey follow d thread like zombie
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Kurupt01: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Thread followed
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
NOTE: I VE ONLY TESTED THIS TWEAKING ON JB 4.2.1 ON TECNO PHANTOM A+, SO IF U USE ANDRIOD 4.0 BELOW PLS DONT TRY THIS..

WARNING:IF U MUST TRY THIS MAKE SURE YOU VE A WORKING CMW AND A ROM BACKUP B4 DOING THIS..

THIS TWEAKING CAN BRICK UR PHONE COS ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MANY ROMS..

I WONT B HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICK...

1 Like

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
First thing is to DOWNLOAD [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e7ckz22wn8aepmc/xposed%20installer.apk?dl=1&token_hash=AAHnxrpdDtSFlrJBU1K2-NRuM8uSTLkgUmyqzuV9oGIiqg]xposed installer here[/url]

First step for everything you do Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, restoring a backup is the easiest way to get rid of it.

How to install:
Just copy the xposed installer apk to root/system/app make sure u set ur root acess to SUPERUSER+MOUNT WRITABLE if u r using xplore file manager.
Then after sucessfully copying install the xposed installer directly from that folder then RESTART ur phone...

Locate ur xposed installer, goto framework press install /updates
Click on install update and after that press REBOOT..

Now LETS GO INTO TWEAKING PROPER!

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by anthony500(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Xposed things
Been using it for a long time really cool stuff

Backup is very very important though
Bricking is very possible when you meddle with the wrong things

Buoyant

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by fr3do(m): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
help me out with a screenshot app that does not require root access
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by mrcjoe: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
First thing is to download xposed installer here http:///FPEcQdbA

First step for everything you do Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, restoring a backup is the easiest way to get rid of it.

How to install:
Just copy the xposed installer apk to root/system/app make sure u set ur root acess to SUPERUSER+MOUNT WRITABLE if u r using xplore file manager.
Then after sucessfully copying install the xposed installer directly from that folder then Restart ur phone...

Locate ur xposed installer, goto framework press install/update and after that press REBOOT..

Now lets go to d next tutorial...

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by davetwitzy: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
@bouyant pls what is d name of d font u use
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Mcleo007(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Open your xposed installer and goto DOWNLOAD then u will find many modules like?

* gravity box
* xblast tools
* tablet ui trigger
* delivery notify toast
* advanced power menu.
* and many more....

Lets talk about gravity box and xblast tools tweak for now....

Download the gravity box, xblasttools, and any other modules.....
Then go back and press MODULES, then make sure u check/tick the modules u will like to activate after ticking them then click on d modules itself...
I.e if i download gravity box i wld check dat small box first beside it to activate b4 pressing it at all..

NOTE: IF AFTER TICKING GRAVITY BOX MODULES AND U OPEN AND ITS REFUSING TO OPEN, JUAT RESTART YOUR PHONE TO MAKE IT WORK...

Now lets make our phone look like SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 NOTIFICATION PANELS...

---------------------------------------

Open X-Blast tools,click status bar,choose clock colour as white, choose clock font to be CLOCKOPIA
Open Gravity Box,Go to statusbar tweaks then click Quicksettings management.
Click quicksetting tiles and tick all.
Click tiles per row and select 4.
Go back and click notification drawer style,select notification drawer background and then choose according to your choice.
Go down and select quick pulldown and set it to right or left.

THEN SLIDE DOWN UR NOTIFICATION PANEL AND C SOME MAGIC...MORE TWEAKING COMING SOON STAY TUNED...U GUYS CAN ALSO EXPLORE MORE URSELF AND UPDATE HERE COS THIS IS D OFFICIAL TWEAKING THREAD...

phone supported for now are tecno phantom A2 , tecno phantom a+, gionee elife e3, gionee p2, tecno p5, tecno m3, tecno l3, opsson ivo6622, infinix alpha, phantom A and many more....

DO U KNOW THAT U CAN TWEAK UR PHONE TO VE NOTIFICATION LIGHT IF UR PHONE DOES NOT VE B4...I WLD B TALKING ABT THAT NEXT....

1 Like

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by bboyZ: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Best thread .
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by slikcipher(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
You forgot to mention [size=17pt]Xtheme Engine[/size]..... its the best.
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by stephano100(m): 3:49am On Oct 26, 2013
grin,android nd tweaking
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2013
slikcipher: You forgot to mention [size=17pt]Xtheme Engine[/size]..... its the best.

U can also take a tutorial on that so that others can learn....thats y we are here.... wink

1 Like

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by kingaloy(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2013
bro.....kindly help with steps on how to activate led light,mine dosnt cum up
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2013
tweakers in action..lol..

my fav module , wnam lite, but only works on samsung ..

i happy sha say marcjoe don tell una to get cwm and a nandroid backup..

I STILL WAN REPEAT AM, IF U NO GET CWM FLASHED IN, AND A NANDROID BACKUP, DONT TRY THIS...

one wrong module can send ur phone to the Father, the son and the holy ghost..

marcjoe i see you..

2 Likes

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by gideon243(m): 9:14am On Oct 26, 2013
мαʀʝσє му ρʀσвℓєм ιѕ ρυт мαу ριċ ιη ɗα ѕтαтυѕ вαʀ... αм ση мєℓтιηg ʀσċк 2
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Jeffy1206(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2013
Nice thread...
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2013
gideon243: мαʀʝσє му ρʀσвℓєм ιѕ ρυт мαу ριċ ιη ɗα ѕтαтυѕ вαʀ... αм ση мєℓтιηg ʀσċк 2
start by changing ur typing font...would really help u..

2 Likes

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by davetwitzy: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Looll...funny nigga...I'm looking for a confirm font to download....I just got a nice module by the way(instagram downloader)
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by xeunskate(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2013
What next?
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by BeingAkorede(m): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
can it work for Q1?
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by nani667: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
nice work....Although I smell Brickophobia in this thread....

2 Likes

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by kingaloy(m): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
sumone shud help na,how do one activate dis notification lite??
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by slikcipher(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
marcjoe:

U can also take a tutorial on that so that others can learn....thats y we are here.... wink

I already made a tut but nairaland keeps deleting it

Here's a tut on how to use [size=15pt]Xtheme Engine[/size] https://plus.google.com/107588707664539754805/posts/d4KEhBNhYwe
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by kingaloy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
mk una help na,av goh led notification lite buh d ish aint workin eva since i bought ma fone
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by anthony500(m): 5:43am On Oct 27, 2013
The idea of the led notification is to use you hardware button light as blinking led notification light (remember the good old e63 and e66 for those begat earlier)

The module in question is gravity box.
Follow marcjoe's instruction above to setup xposed framework and download/activate gravitybox module

Open gravity box by click on it under modules in xposed interface or selecting its icon from your app drawer

Select display tweaks

Go to the last option "button backlight notification" tick it. A reboot is adviced.

You are done. It very slick and works with all apps.

Till next time!
Your sometimes friendly neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by Ay92(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2013
please how can I root tecnol3
without a pc
Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2013
deejay_harry1: tweakers in action..lol..

my fav module , wnam lite, but only works on samsung ..

i happy sha say marcjoe don tell una to get cwm and a nandroid backup..

I STILL WAN REPEAT AM, IF U NO GET CWM FLASHED IN, AND A NANDROID BACKUP, DONT TRY THIS...

one wrong module can send ur phone to the Father, the son and the holy ghost..

marcjoe i see you..

Bro i c u too.....

1 Like

Re: Andriod Tweaking Thread by tateezee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ermmm....please, can this be done on tecno N7?
Thanx

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO P3S Discussion Thread / With Etisalat Easyflex I Have Total Freedom / Nigeria’s Internet Amongst World’s Slowest, Most Expensive - Surfshark DQL Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.