Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,266 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:29 AM

The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. (11952 Views)

National Housing Fund Act / Do You Know About NHF (National Housing Fund)? / National Housing Fund Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Danabu(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
for more than 10 years now workers have continued to contribute to the NHS via monthly deductions from their salaries with the hope that they will granted facilities to enable them build or buy their own homes. The more the years go bye the more of a mirage the prospects of owning their houses become with escalating prices of building materials and labour. The programmes and implementation of the NHF is becoming more vague with no result for the billions if not trillions the fund has gathered over the years. can any one assist with a critical analysis and appraisal of the fund's performance since inception to date and help with info whether one can withdraw since I don't where my money is going. some people have died without benefiting from the fund and no refund was made. Is a blessing or a fraud?

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by dahdah: 11:43am On Oct 26, 2013
If u wanna know how I made it to the first page as well as the Number 1 to comment, listen....
1. Click on any new topic
2. get a good internet service and pray PHCN shouldn't Bleep up
3. Book a space with a full stop
4. come back and thank me

Unto the topic... wait let me ask Ifa

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by kambili999(f): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2013
id ask someone abt dat... Brb
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by blessedchris: 11:43am On Oct 26, 2013
can somebody explain to me what dis is all about
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by seangy4konji: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2013
anything about Nigeria is FRAUD

3 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by hamzom112(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2013
6th
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by gboso1ne(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2013
I dey here
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 26, 2013
Did a little search and found this valuable info.
Link to NHS act.

National housing fund contributions can as well be accessed through participating finance houses like Union homes.

Hope this helps.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Skynett: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2013
All is towards scam

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by alienware(m): 11:50am On Oct 26, 2013
dahdah: If u wanna know how I made it to the first page as well as the Number 1 to comment, listen....
1. Click on any new topic
2. get a good internet service and pray PHCN shouldn't Bleep up
3. Book a space with a full stop
4. come back and thank me

Unto the topic... wait let me ask Ifa
clap for yourself ! Yeye boi.

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by kambili999(f): 11:50am On Oct 26, 2013
gboso1ne: I dey here
smhfybt
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by dahdah: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2013
alienware: clap for yourself ! Yeye boi.

I deserve some respect from you
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by stephano100(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2013
booked
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by iknopro(m): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Fraud, they are all criminals

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by airclipse(m): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2013
I would like to thank my arms, for always being by my side. My legs, for always supporting me and carrying me тσ nairaland bus top, and my fingers…because I can always count on them"...I made front page today....for this reason I'll shoot my own skelewu vidgrin

3 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by AdekunleSegun(m): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2013
Never heard of this.

read my signature pls.
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2013
If i may ask is it by force to contribute?
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Osama10(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2013
Anything naija is fraud be it NHS or PENCOM.

3 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by yuzedo: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Over fifteen comments thus far and not a single useful one..

You can tell these guys don't pay tax. If they did, this topic would be serious to them. undecided

Hopefully someone makes an enlightening contribution soon; the opportunity cost of my deductions is a night with a moderately-priced ashawo. sad

9 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 26, 2013
wetin concern vulture and barber
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
yuzedo: Over fifteen comments thus far and not a single useful one..

You can tell these guys don't pay tax. If they did, this topic would be serious to them. undecided

Hoping someone makes an enlightening contribution soon.
I just did. It's unfortunate that most active Nairaland members don't make valuable contributions.

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by momove4real25(f): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
When a secretary to my frmal commissionr rerired d money was givn to her infrm of pension
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by kayoday(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Big fraud

1 Like

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by osifred(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
I rather save on my own than contribute to any trusted fund by the government for any course.

1 Like

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by pelhurmy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
let me kal GEJ in Israel to ask him...brb
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by airclipse(m): 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2013

Hopefully someone makes an enlightening contribution soon; the opportunity cost of my deductions is a night with a moderately-priced ashawo. sad
omo this is rili serious....yuzedo typed in Queens English today.... cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Engineer96(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
Very good on point.
I have been a contributor for years now and two months ago I called Federal mortgage bank with a view to accessing the said loan. I was told to open an account with a primary mortgage institution and this lead to AG Home, Ogui Road, Enugu.
They listed the conditions to access the loan to include having 10% of the total amount you wish to access but AG Homes told me that if the amount goes beyond #5m, the amount to have in the account should be more than 10%.
The condition also include getting a quotaton from a registered quantity surveyor and his reistration certificate.
In fact, the condition is so cumbersome that I lost hope and never returned to the said primary mortgage institution.
It is a pure fraud.

5 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by cuppycake222: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Poster and others, it is not totally a fraud, although i can say they havent been very efficient at the NHF office.

I also assume its because most tax contributors just sit back and fold their arms and insult the govt.

I and many other colleagues and friends have benefitted from the fed govt mortgage scheme even though it took about 3years for my own facility to be approved.
And no, i doubt if u can stop contributing, plus the contribution is usually really small like N100naira or less.

Although the process is really tough, u can access the loan but its usually through a private mortage institution like union homes, aso savings, platinum savings and loans. The reason most pple are unable to access this loan most times is because the FMBN wants to ensure u are actually buying or building a house. In d case of building, dey will want to see evidence of a plot of land with C of O (which is not easy). Your other options might be to buy through one of those PMIs and in this case, u have to make a contribution towards d house like 20 or 30 percent (maybe 2, 3 or 4million by now) which is not easy and discourages pple.

As per appraisal, i know that once in a while they publish names of those who have just been availed d facility. And by the way facility limit for a contributor is 15million.

I hope i have helped a bit

4 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by free2ryhme: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
Elliotwiz1: If i may ask is it by force to contribute?

cant u read?

it is deducted from source and a statutory requirement let me add that
Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by Omexonomy: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2013

the reason is that there are too many children and few adult on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: The National Housing Fund A Blessing Or Fraud. by joe120120(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Dan abu: for more than 10 years now workers have continued to contribute to the NHS via monthly deductions from their salaries with the hope that they will granted facilities to enable them build or buy their own homes. The more the years go bye the more of a mirage the prospects of owning their houses become with escalating prices of building materials and labour. The programmes and implementation of the NHF is becoming more vague with no result for the billions if not trillions the fund has gathered over the years. can any one assist with a critical analysis and appraisal of the fund's performance since inception to date and help with info whether one can with
draw since I don't where my money is going. some people have died without benefiting from the fund and no refund was made. Is a blessing or a fraud?
It a fraud ,I have being contributing since 1992 , and I can't access it , and FGN workers that contributing is over 2m .so it a fruad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Woman Dies In Lagos Building Collapse / Brand New 5 Bedroom Fully Detached For Sale At Atlantic View Estate / Newest And Ongoing Building And Estate Developments From Tigerkenn Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.