Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,191 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? (14010 Views)

Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / JUST CALL AND GET THAT HOUSE BUILT(GOODNEWS FOR NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA) / House Built Upside Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by 360command: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
Buildings a home without the knowledge of your spouse? This be ogao! Anyway, I know of a man who stays in his wives home, they live well. No fight,no quarrel. Been together for 20years with children.all na love sha.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by freecocoa(f): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Cele-pope:

It happens.Way back when I was in the University I dated a girl that the mum was building a house and their dad did not know.All the children of the woman knew except their father.When I asked her why should the mum engage in such a shameless venture she simply said the mum was building it for them and not the man.Mind you their dad was more well to do and he built a fantastic house where they all live.
Hmm, na wa o.

Something must be wrong in that household my dear, I don't believe the man is an understanding man at all, for a woman to hide what she does for her kids from their father, then there's something he's not doing right.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by kinguwem: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
It is wrong for a partner to undergo a project without consulting the other. This situation usually arises when couples don't trust each other or have ulterior motives. The extended family system does not help matters because a lot of relatives are dependent a fews others that are doing well. If everybody is up & doing, they will be no need to be secretive.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by viski: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
Law-confessor:
I like dis topic, cos i'm seriously thinking on somfin lik dat.

Honestly, i see nothing in it, and why would d huby refuse to live in it?

I totally support d man moving in to d house wit or witout his consent- depending on how d wife break d news about d house to him.

Wot if she builds the house to present to her huby on his birthday as an unexpected suprise package?- her intention/s shud be learnt first.

But i suppose dat it depends on how n in wot way he got to have d knowledge of d house.
You are on point, the underlying MOTIVE is the thing, but people's fear is that the wife might flare up later in life. It all boils down on the UNDERSTANDING between the couple. All the same, the husband should be self sufficient too.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Twinmama(f): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
wink Really, a good marriage should portray trust.
But d reaction of most pple who commented here shows dat deep inside they are intolerable, pls do nt live ur life exactly like ur parent did. What if ur wife become a governor, will you cease to become the husband, and allow someone else to move with her to the government house or what. Pls let's encourage our women don't treat them like property so that they will love & cherish you and tell you every of their plans. Don't be THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF YOUR HOUSE. Pls draw us close so we can be free with u. I'm talking to Ibos, Yorubas and Hausa. Sorry if i offended any1

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by addictiv(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
Taaa arru ...... you mean after a woman builds a house the man would pack his belongings and move in....and balance as owner or houseboy?....not all guys would agree to this execpt in cases where the man already has his private house but prefers the wifes own......but if he lives in a rented app.....he should be ready for the calamity that would befall him d day the woman reminds him that the house is hers....na she be landlord. ..you are tenant......
It all boils down to the kinda person she is......if she s d proud type.....sorry.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by xynerise: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
If she has the house before she married him and the man has a house too, then she will have to sell her house or give it out and park her belongings to the man's house. SIMPLE!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tayooluwole: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
i want click like i no see whr i go click am ooooo..... Seun, waitin happen?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Twinmama(f): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
/quote] shocked
xynerise: If she has the house before she married him and the man has a house too, then she will have to sell her house or give it out and park her belongings to the man's house. SIMPLE!
you no try, y sell when she has her own parent and sibling who can live there. You see na women dey alwayz dey d receivin end. Women shine ur eyes ooo

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by azezola(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
No please don't do it, she will humiliate you
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
kulyie: abi o.they are waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo local.

I will rather not let such peeps touch me with a 1 million pole.their i.q is tooooooo low for me,like seriously

what the Bleep shocked

honestly,you've said it all,dont know what else to say.the women are so subservient mentally and physically,the local champions (males ) are so sexist,controlling and domineering.the comments are soooo disgusting.reminds me of when i went to buy some provisions in a provision store in one local/rural area and the man said i should bend down in a yoruba way before he accepts the money,i said why,he said because he is a man.it was too funny and annoying at the same time,my friend heard and said,its not his fault,becaue he hasnt left this village.i said will you take this money or not,he said bend down first to show reverence.i didnt even waste time to fling those packs of soap at him before driving off.those are the kinds of men/women that made such daft comment up there.they need some level of EXPOSURE so they dont see things in the eyes of their village/CHAUVENISM but in the eyes of CIVILITY.

abeg am out.women like me have no buisness with local low lives like this,jeez.smh
have been telling you the feminist ideology spirit is not making you to think right like a real woman.

Why would a woman build a whole house without her partner consent?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Dee235: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
From the beginning it was not so...Men should sit up and build their houses and homes and await the arrival of their wives. This should not give some man the leisure to loaf around, thinking he would stay in the house built by his wife.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Much ado about nothing

If I marry a wife that has the money to build a house, I'd be glad to live under her house. It means she's unlike many nigerian girls that depend on the husband of the house to cater for all their needs. The chauvinistic society of nigeria has made men to see such rare occasions as women trying to usurp their position of being the man of the house. it's sickening and archaic. There's no rule that said the house must be built by a man

It's an idea I'd love so much. No big deal. As long as she told me about the project, she can carry go. It's no crime to live under the house of my wife as long as I know I won't lazy around and not man up and take care of my family and do my duties as the man of the house
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
Law-confessor:
I like dis topic, cos i'm seriously thinking on somfin lik dat.

Honestly, i see nothing in it, and why would d huby refuse to live in it?

I totally support d man moving in to d house wit or witout his consent- depending on how d wife break d news about d house to him.

Wot if she builds the house to present to her huby on his birthday as an unexpected suprise package?- her intention/s shud be learnt first.

But i suppose dat it depends on how n in wot way he got to have d knowledge of d house.
how many wife will build a house just for a birthday gift to her husband? You must be joking cheesy
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
saintol: The consent is very important abi. What if in a situation whereby the wife actually built the house as a surprise package for her husband's birthday, i mean as a gift, Sey make the man reject am ? Or a situation whereby the woman had finished the house and nw took her husband there and present the keys to him, should the man reject it? I've heard of a man who refused to consent with his wife's ambition to build a house all because the man in question can not boast of having land not to talk of nursing the ambition of building a house. The man na big time enemy of progress. U no get, u no go let person wey wan get get. The husband may leave there and he may not, it depends on the nature of there relationship and how the couple see each other.
how possible can a wife build a whole house as a birthday gift to her husband? Please you guys should not crack my ribs cheesy

Hubby taraaa I have a house for you as a gift grin grin when misunderstand start now will the man send the wife out?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by nbright: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
tintingz:
Why would a woman build a whole house without her partner consent?
That is what many of them failed to see..... CONSENT...
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by nbright: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Twinmama: /quote] shocked
you no try, y sell when she has her own parent and sibling who can live there. You see na women dey alwayz dey d receivin end. Women shine ur eyes ooo
If she has a house before we married and I don't, I don't see the big deal why I won't live with her in her house if my work is closer (if she's not the proud type).... But if she built a house while we are married without my consent, then I will know that she has been doing some other things behind me...
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by nbright: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
tintingz: how many wife will build a house just for a birthday gift to her husband? You must be joking cheesy
My brother... Very big joke
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by LadyH(f): 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2013
if he can sleep comfortably in it, wahala no dey.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by rhames(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
No big deal
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by LushGreenz: 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
This topic is interesting. It makes me wanna slap the "kanwulia" out of some posters
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Lawconfessor(f): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
tintingz: how many wife will build a house just for a birthday gift to her husband? You must be joking cheesy

JOKER! cheesycheesy
Wot Exactly made my post look/sound lik a joke to ya?

D fact dat u cant fink of any, does not mean dey re not out there.

My friend did it as a wedding anniversary unexpected suprise pack to her huby....he accepted- dey re living happily now in d new place. D old house is now made a family home.

I am seriously planning on doing it or somfin similar. And my "highness" being d kind of civilized n understanding guy he's ALWAYS been, wil accept woteva comes from me cos of my UN-ALLOYED HUMILITY &RESPECT 4 him.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Kanwulia: 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
Fussbot: what is dis 1 saying?

All you MANUNITED SEUN OSEWA YORUBA HARLOTS AND GIGOLOS on this NL need to lay off my posts if you cannot read. . . . !
Thank you! kiss
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Fussbot: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
Kanwulia:

All you MANUNITED SEUN OSEWA YORUBA HARLOTS AND GIGOLOS on this NL need to lay off my posts if you cannot read. . . . !
Thank you! kiss
just look at what u posted,does it make any brain to u 2?manunited,gigolos...crap!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
I guess this topic reminds me of beyonce's song "irreplaceable". when she kicks you out of the house na carton you go take carry your things, just wait and see!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Godson201333(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
I will never live in it...Shameless thingy
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
Law-confessor:

JOKER! cheesycheesy
Wot Exactly made my post look/sound lik a joke to ya?

D fact dat u cant fink of any, does not mean dey re not out there.

My friend did it as a wedding anniversary unexpected suprise pack to her huby....he accepted- dey re living happily now in d new place. D old house is now made a family home.

I am seriously planning on doing it or somfin similar. And my "highness" being d kind of civilized n understanding guy he's ALWAYS been, wil accept woteva comes from me cos of my UN-ALLOYED HUMILITY &RESPECT 4 him.
it will be funny when both couple have misunderstanding or maybe divorce then who will pack out from the house the husband or the wife? But wait o since the house was a gift to the husband then the wife should be the one to pack out smiley

You can use a car as a birthday gift to your husband but using a house? Odikwa very risky who knows what will happen grin
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
stan4b: If my wife will put my name as d owner of d house,den dere is no p.

thief....
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by oduaboy1: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
kulyie: abi o.they are waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo local.

I will rather not let such peeps touch me with a 1 million pole.their i.q is tooooooo low for me,like seriously

what the Bleep shocked

honestly,you've said it all,dont know what else to say.the women are so subservient mentally and physically,the local champions (males ) are so sexist,controlling and domineering.the comments are soooo disgusting.reminds me of when i went to buy some provisions in a provision store in one local/rural area and the man said i should bend down in a yoruba way before he accepts the money,i said why,he said because he is a man.it was too funny and annoying at the same time,my friend heard and said,its not his fault,becaue he hasnt left this village.i said will you take this money or not,he said bend down first to show reverence.i didnt even waste time to fling those packs of soap at him before driving off.those are the kinds of men/women that made such daft comment up there.they need some level of EXPOSURE so they dont see things in the eyes of their village/CHAUVENISM but in the eyes of CIVILITY.

abeg am out.women like me have no buisness with local low lives like this,jeez.smh
This girl always have a story for every thread you must be a very good story teller,in your quest to paint nigerian guys in bad lightyou make up pitiable stories from the deepest part of hell.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by toria1980(f): 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
stan4b: If my wife will put my name as d owner of d house,den dere is no p.

Jigolo..:ow aru different from chidi mokeme and florence Ita Giwa
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by ibe9ja: 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
I cannot stay under a woman's (wife) roof. I would rather we rent an apartment. If I get to know she has a house during our courtship, I will give her the option of selling the property and invest the money in something else. There are good investments women can do- like buying and selling properties, etc, NOT buying or building to own the property. If she does not agree to this, there will be no marriage, that's all.

Building a house without my consent after marriage? Hmmm I can't even imagine it- in short I dey vex already. The woman dey mad? Why the Op and PUNCH go even reason dat kind tin self?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by benimeogu(f): 2:18am On Oct 29, 2013
yes, yesssssssss. and yesooooooooooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hotel On A Full Plot Of Land For Sale. Selling Cheap. / I Need A Plan Of 5-bedroom Flat Bungalow / Check Out Pictures From Mass Demolition In Aba By State Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.