Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Youths Plan Protest Against Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Plan Protest Against Mark (14911 Views)

ABU Zaria On Lock Down As Shiite Muslims Plan Protest During Jumaat Prayers / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by ebucha: 6:07am On Oct 26, 2013
Idoma youth plan mass protest against David MarkBy Ameh Comrade Godwin on October 25, 2013@amcomradeTweet Pin It
Senate President, David Mark may suffer the heaviest blow of his political career come 2015 as youth from the Idoma enclave are set to hit the streets in protest against what they have termed his empty leadership role in Benue State, and in Idoma land to be precised.

DailyPost can authoritatively report that the protest, which would be convened by the Idoma National Youth Congress, INAYCO, would go across the nine local government in the Benue Zone C Senatorial District.

It was reliably gathered that the protest is not unconnected with Mark’s endless promises of the creation of Apa State as well as the ongoing negotiations and plans to make his son, Tunde Mark a lawmaker in 2015. The Idoma youth are also unhappy with the Senate President, having failed to make a meaningful impact on the Idoma people after almost 16 years in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Our correspondent stumbled on some of the publicity materials which would be used during the protest. Inscriptions on the placards include, ‘Gadafi Must go’, ‘enough is enough Mark’,’ Idoma youth say no to David Mark, we no longer want you’. ‘No Apa, no road, we are tired of your promises,’ et al.

A member of the Congress informed DailyPost that they decided to stage the protest after several efforts to see the Okpokpowulu as he is fondly called to register their disappointment failed.

“The issue here is that Idoma youth are tired of Mark and his empty promises and I think it’s high time he stepped aside for a purposeful leader. A leader who would attend to the plight of our people. We are working towards recalling him. He is not representing well. He has not done any of the things he promised us up till this day.

“He (Mark) keeps using Apa State as a political gimmick during every election and we are yet to see the state after almost 16 years,” he lamented.

Continuing, the source who pleaded anonymity told our correspondent that they would prefer to remain without a leader, instead of Mark imposing his son on the Idoma people in 2015.

Asked when the protest would take off, the source who claimed to be a former President, SUG of one of the institutions (name withheld) said it would kick-off first week of December, starting from Otukpo, Benue state.

“The protest would have one of the big singers from Idoma land in attendance as disclosed by our source. http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/25/idoma-youth-plan-mass-protest-against-david-mark/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=idoma-youth-plan-mass-protest-against-david-mark
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2013
IDOMA YOUTH UNA EYE DON CLEAR since this week am always the first seun i hope say i get price to my idoma peeps oyine abole

7 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by mayorall(m): 7:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Vote the PDThief all out come 2015. Same thing with his Oga Egbere Jonathan. He failed all his promises. Southwest says no to them all in 2011. We were deceived by Egbere Jonathan's innocent face and empty promises. Benue you can also do it. More grease to your elbow.

13 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Omexonomy: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2013
Vote pdp out and vote apc in then cholera and expensive university fee.
mayorall: Vote the PDThief all out come 2015. Same thing with his Oga Egbere Jonathan. He failed all his promises. Southwest says no to them all in 2011. We were deceived by Egbere Jonathan's innocent face and empty promises. Benue you can also do it. More grease to your elbow.

5 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by slimfit1(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2013
Finally I thought there wasn't any person from his state that is brave enough to challenge him and his performance.

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by ebucha: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2013
presher: IDOMA YOUTH UNA EYE DON CLEAR
them don wake up na

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by echeonyilo: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2013
Bad bele ppl don hit road again...
David mark 4 life.
No amount of treat can remove him

4 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by LivingSoul34: 9:23am On Oct 26, 2013
Its quite pathetic how people reason... David Mark is not a Military Head of States that would stand up and give a state to the Idomas... Off course i don't blame David Mark, i only pity those who believed that Mark had all the power to just "decree a thing and it would just come to pass" in the first place... I for one have never been a fan of D. Mark (though i appreciate his maturity in leading the upper chamber of the National Assembly)... From day one i didn't see Mark as the kind of leader that would represent the interest of the Idomas well. He may be good in leading the national Assembly and making some input in national issues may be because of his experience as a military governor, minister, member of armed force ruling council etc but certainly not a grass-root politician hence Idoma should not expect much from him...But on a second thought you cannot blame Idoma youths because they didn't vote Mark into power... All the time that Mark contested against Usman Abubakar (AKA Young Alhaji) he didn't win any of the elections but INEC kept on announcing him as the winner a situation that left Idoma youth helpless...OBJ, INEC, Nigerian judiciary should be blamed for all that because D. Mark rode on their backs to senate and not on the backs of majority of Idoma people, especially the youth. As for Mark making his Son (Tunde or whatever they call his name) a senator is the joke of the century because it cannot happen.

22 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by kambili999(f): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2013
ewwww... Hot air.

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by paulworld(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2013
Ok

please when is TECNO releasing another device

make una no vex I just want to upgrade
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2013
The chicken is gradually coming home to roost.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 26, 2013
I dedicate this space to whoever has the highest likes on this thread.
--------------------------------
I would quote the post here, later on.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by savcy(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2013
David Mark + Stella Oduah / Jonathan = Jaga-Jaga Administration.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by iknopro(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2013
Abeg who get Nokia small pin charger, borrow me abeg mak I charge

2 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by charitybabe: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2013
PDP ?? WE ARE TIRED OF PDP. WE NEED ANOTHER PARTY BIKO

3 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by 1MCN: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2013
Do Nigerian (Idoma) youths need two months to plan and carry out a protest?
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by IYANGBALI: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2013
When they see money,theiir body go calm down

2 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by israel007: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2013
If he's there and doesn't bring positive change, people can overlook it. But his f0olish brothers and the rest of his thugs keep going around and forcefully collecting people's properties and killing them. That man lost my respect the day he over people"s land in asa, shot 3 persons there and three them behind bars in gboko. Including 6 year old and 9 year old. In prison. Who does that!

Those of u saying he'll give money and he'd seal their mouths; haha you are joking. He won't part with one kobo.

And the guy who said he can't make his son a law maker, I'd say u don't know idoma people. Once they eat meat they're ok. Same thing david told them

Efulefu

2 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Donmams(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2013
Omexonomy: Vote pdp out and vote apc in then cholera and expensive university fee.
Better expensive university than no university at all! Don't you think?
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Onyenna(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2013
....I served in Idoma Land (Ogoli Ugboju) and I also had the opportunity to visit several other places in idoma land....I have to say the place is so underdeveloped...Mma Kocho .... I wish them the very best in their struggles..... Owoicho is in control.... Anyaa....

5 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by ukpaku: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2013
long overdue,self centred politician.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Hamazz1: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2013
don't tlk abt leaders n promises in Nigeria BC d trend is failure he was quick to mention if assu does not shift ground they will loose public sympathy when clearly he's d one on d verge of that simply assu treasurer replied by saying he cld do more than tlk influencing his fellow legislators cut some portion of there jumbo pay to support d educational sector that we all agree is in a state of rot.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by buoye1(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2013
The Jazz don clear for una face...!
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2013
SOME1 IS AGGRIEVED
THEY PROTEST, MONEY CHANGES HANDS, & THATS THE LAST WE HEAR OF THIS

3 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by picoba(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2013

Since all these years. "Nawa o". I think there is no man except David Mark in that area.
I think Idoma people have accepted poverty as there own portion in life.

Sorry oooo.

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by treks(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2013
As u see me so, no be small thing no. I no send i no send i no send ooo no be small thing oo.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2013
presher: IDOMA YOUTH UNA EYE DON CLEAR since this week am always the first seun i hope say i get price to my idoma peeps oyine abole

NO mind them. Ma now them dey wake up...but Otukpo is getting better sha oo. The otukpo-ugbokolo rd is far better than the way it was b4 the election and the otk round about is been worked on. The ahmadu bello rd is been fixed too. I believe all these are happening tru his influence. They should forget Apa state though...not when Ijebu state and Ibadan state are yet to be created.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by onyichick(f): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2013
i support d protest,i passed thru otukpo ystday n its always dsame.d road is still bad n there is notin there to show dat a son of d soil has bin in a top position for such a long tym.as i dey type so my whole body dey pain me due to d bad road.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by jamace(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2013
I feel the pain of Idoma youths. I travelled from Enugu to Makurdi by road in August 2013, my God, the federal road between Otukpa and Oturkpo has cut into two at Ugbokolo town. The diversion through Ugbokolo town had ditches that swallowed my car. In fact, it came to a point that I was frustrated and had to ask myself why I even made the journey. The road was terrible. Why is the road between Otukpa and Oturkpo not repaired for a long while now? and I learnt the contract was awarded to -----
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Sunday4ars(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2013
this is not too good,eh,senator Mark. And I love dis man and his leadership role. Mark,am sorry u have failed. I wish u could have been more relevant helping others@ur country home. Pity u!
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Onyenna(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2013
jamace: I feel the pain of Idoma youths. I travelled from Enugu to Makurdi by road in August 2013, my God, the federal road between Otukpa and Oturkpo has cut into two at Ugbokolo town. The diversion through Ugbokolo town had ditches that swallowed my car. In fact, it came to a point that I was frustrated and had to ask myself why I even made the journey. The road was terrible. Why is the road between Otukpa and Oturkpo not repaired for a long while now? and I learnt the contract was awarded to -----

True talk bro.... And also the road from idekpa to onyagede is phucked up! Only few bikes survive that road....if u travel that road with your car, you are O.Y.O....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Promotes 5 Deputy Comptrollers-general’s And 8 Assistant / We Are Excited Tinubu Emerged APC Flag Bearer – YCE / Abaribe: Describing Obi’s Ambition As ‘Igbo Presidency’ Is Mischievous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.