Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon (30844 Views)

Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
OlamiB: I cnt stp wondering why the two main concentration of old testament are now converted majorly to muslims, does that mean islamic God is higher than Christian God? Egyptian and Isrealite are nw mostly muslims, so why do we Africans still carry it for head when 'his people' isrealites have denied the fact that jesus is their savior and he deserves their worship? I cnt serve Ifa either way

Ifa would never ask u to worship anything.
Just live by ur conscience, the law of God is written in the hearts of men but we must first connect with our inner consciousness which we must honor and follow.
God is present in every man

Orunmila a gbe e
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jobabori: Pls define whom a pagan is sir cos ifa followers (not worshipers) believe in God too.
A pagan is a person who practices and lives by the spiritual belief of his ancestors

A pagan is a person that worships in the indigenous way of his people

A pagan is a person that continues to recognize the gods of his ancestors

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
khattab02: Abraham(a.s) a devoted idol worshipper? Please get your fact right.
yes Abraham was a pagan all his life
And We all know paganism deals with idols
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?

I don't knw why u are this unintelligent

The gods or Ifa can't come to solve political or war problems without men making an effort. I advise you learn about the Yoruba religion, you would gain a lot from the knowledge

I have never heard of blood of virgin sacrifice in all of yorubaland. It has never happened before

Orunmila a da e l'ogbon
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by soku2(m): 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
raytony: Abi na him dey tell TB Joshua the result of matches?
grin
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by lirusehn(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
it shall not b well wiv ur soul insha Allah

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by goodgood2(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Alikaxon: Let any politician take a traditional oath and curruption would stop
Let all politicians be born again, and corruption will be history.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by ashlamonki: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Baba u re too much, we re now in a decietful world. I enjoyed u to the core
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by andyanders: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
I thank God he mentioned that the Christians that consult him were from "White Garment Churches" and also Alfas from muslims"

No true Christian will consult ifa for anything.

So, white garment churches knows the kind of god they worship.I rest my case and I thank God he mentioned the type of pastors and Alfas that come to him were from those kind of churches.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
macof: yes Abraham was a pagan all his life
prove?
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
bufness: s✆ wats of the s✆ called 'god' Your worshippin....ok deyre woman worship ryt

what do you mean "so-called God"

you worship jesus , the MAN. atleast we dont worship foreign men. tongue
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?

dude Ifa is not a nuclear bomb. it is Spirituality.

what has ww1 and ww2 got to do with Ifa? undecided
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jobabori: Pls define whom a pagan is sir cos ifa followers (not worshipers) believe in God too.

anyonw who believes in the religion of his/her tribe is a Pagan.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by smithjanetstore: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
na true jare padi mi but if you swear with bible or quran na sara nothing go do you
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by oje4u2see(m): 12:19am On Oct 27, 2013
Who cares?

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by tunjidj3: 12:50am On Oct 27, 2013
ifa is the religion but it base on imagination when you talt about odu in ifa one can get thousand result but you only pick the one that suit the problem and all goes back to desobedient angel from god .i will like u to try it NOTHIN LIKE THE NAME OF JESUS because im from ifa family and i know how powerful the name of JESUS is e.g among the success children of my family are the one who know how to use the name of JESUS

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by buchibabe: 4:50am On Oct 27, 2013
sova: if u did nt read al diz essay.....
click like

Stop soliciting for "likes" and read. Dnt be lazy to read.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2013
tunjidj3: ifa is the religion but it base on imagination when you talt about odu in ifa one can get thousand result but you only pick the one that suit the problem and all goes back to desobedient angel from god .i will like u to try it NOTHIN LIKE THE NAME OF JESUS because im from ifa family and i know how powerful the name of JESUS is e.g among the success children of my family are the one who know how to use the name of JESUS

lol man worshipper.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2013
Sometimes when i read threads and posts such as these , i am left speechless. Can a humanbeing make such irrational comments?
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAPAAFRICA: 7:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Read it all. grin
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by asamaigho(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2013
DJDOLA: Christ is d way

Islam is d way

Pagan is d way

Atheist believe non of d religion

But as we all no ISLAM IS D WAY....download english version of quran and read it wit open mind u will understand what am saying

#ISLAMPEACE

even muhammed is no sure of his salvation.,...
..."am the way the truth an the life...." only Jesus can boldly say this......
Jesus all the way
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by ayomidefalaye(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2013
They are looking 4 truth

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
buchibabe:

Stop soliciting for "likes" and read. Dnt be lazy to read.
lol... welldone joor. Nobody even send am.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
shine-eye:
I consider this ifa priest to be a very sincere ignorant man. Christianity is not a foreign religion in the same context as knowledge of scientific facts is not foreign to any people. Abraham was a devoted idol worshiper as were his forefathers and indeed the whole of ancient humanity. Through many indisputable proofs, God Almighty has revealed HE is not in league with the gods of our forefathers neither is HE tolerant of giving His Glory to any of them. Our early association with these gods, revealed to be devils rebellious and oppossed to GOD, was founded on our helplessness then. These gods are without doubt of some means yet with the agenda to perpetually enslave and without any means of bringing man to the glory GOD designed. The days of ignorance have passed away. The truth is a reality available to all and not foreign to any people on earth. Those who choose to wallow in the old order have no excuse. Yet a little while, and all about the old must become extinct according to the determined counsel of GOD.
You are very correct, on point!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aladinn:

Your comment reek of ignorance while trying effortlessly to laden it with thoughtfulness. Is God almighty a localized entity? Does he belong to the xtians alone? That the traditional african belief system bowed to the christian and Islamic belief was not because of a "wondrous working God" as you want us to believe. The two most widespread religion had the monopoly of guns, cannons, swords, sabers ans daggers. Ask yourself, why is judaism( the parent religion to both christianity and islam) not as widespread as the other two. Is the christian God now powerful than the judaic God? Muslims conquered Jerusalem from Christians and ruled for over 700years. Are we going to assume that the muslim God is more powerful than the christian God? The foreign religions were able to gloat over their concept of a religious beliefs which the african belief systems ( defeated militarily) have to accept. Its all about the interplay between the pysche of the victor and the vanquished. Please, do tell me one new thing foreign religion changed in the youruba belief system? Fornication was frown at, same as stealing, killing and any other social vice. Taking foreign religion as the only TRUE source is a defeated pysche at work. All man to his choice. No grudges.
is it not this same traditional religion that appease and worship satan (esu)?
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
viski: is it not this same traditional religion that appease and worship satan (esu)?

Esu is not satan you dumba$$.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
ifeness:

You do not know about your tradition yet you know so much about a foreign religion so much. How can you progress when you feel this inferior?
You all love to shout TRADITION, TRADITION and TRADITION, God help you, well, satan goes tro and fro seeking whom to devour, he's competing with God, the Bible gives a very clear understanding of how things began, satan came down to earth with his dark angels(demons) when he was defeated, he succeeded in pushing us against our CREATOR (so we die), God has a special love for us 'cos we are just like his prototype in form(this is to satan shame). A blood must be shed for the remission of sin, a pure, sinless, spotless lamb. Because, without the sheding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sin, even the traditionalist know that, in old times, blood of rams are shed(this is just temporary, it only demonstrates the next order of thing which is yet to come). JESUS CHRIST came to die once and for all, he arose from the dead to show how we'll also arise someday leaving the devil defeated, since then, SALVATION is now refined. The devil never rest and he'll never rest, but Christ has prayed for us before his departure, his Holy Spirit will lead us, comfort us and guide us through the way. Remember, so far as satan can tempt Jesus, no one is exempted, do not be wise in your own eyes, remember the downfall of Solomon, lean on the Holy Spirit, and guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life. In fact, not to forget, Jesus even told me to love my enemies. Ah! What greater love do we even need from God. Things will begin to turn around, you'll feel inner peace, you won't be concerned any more about any pastor or imam that is falling away, but you'll know that at the end, it comes down to YOU and God. And for the traditionalist in the house, God loves you, Jesus love you, I love you. LET US ALL STAND UP TO STOP SATAN AND HIS WORKING DEMONS ON THE TRACK!

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aladinn:

Bro, history exposes everything, most especially the vanities of the jihadists and the crusaders as it concerns their quest over Jerusalem. Its all politics and economic, and never religious.
God has promised us a NEW Jerusalem, where no one will say I am sick, ill, old, hungry. No death. There will be PEACE!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
OlamiB: I cnt stp wondering why the two main concentration of old testament are now converted majorly to muslims, does that mean islamic God is higher than Christian God? Egyptian and Isrealite are nw mostly muslims, so why do we Africans still carry it for head when 'his people' isrealites have denied the fact that jesus is their savior and he deserves their worship? I cnt serve Ifa either way
Well, you are very free to find the truth, do your research. When you get the truth, the truth will set u free.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
macof: yes Abraham was a pagan all his life
Abraham wasn't a pagan, his Dad(Terah) was a pagan, Can you tell why God told him to leave his father's house.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
smithjanetstore: na true jare padi mi but if you swear with bible or quran na sara nothing go do you
Well, I think you just air that out of the pain and disappointment from most of our leaders, don't forget that God is not hungry for attention compared to satan, God is patient, forgiving and loving yet he disciplines, don't think anyone that makes a vow and do breaks it will go scot free. The time for God's reckoning will come, consider what is said here if you care to know at Matthew 5:33-37.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by viski: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

lol man worshipper.
pls, who is the presumed "man" that you are referring to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / Pastor Zakaria Offers To Exchange Himself For Leah Sharibu’s Release / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.